INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Be back shortly DH has just arrived with food!

• chrissyb

Oooo that burger was delicious!  I can't remember the last time we had burgers, it would have to be at least three months ago.......too long.

Don't you hate it when you feel peckish in the wee small hours of the morning and you grab something to get rid of the empty feeling only to find that the digestion didn't really want it and you end up queezy!....yuk  I feel for you.  The group pic is really good and such a great pic of you....glad you chose that one.

• chrissyb

Nancy I was typing as you were posting....lol.  Yawning is good......hope you sleep well!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Nancy, I too get the munchies on my late nights up and always suffer the consequences........been there done that, thank goodness they are becoming few and far between.  Sleep well friend.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885

I came upon this thread by happenstance.  I find it very hard to fall asleep (tossing and turning) and then find it hard to stay asleep.  I might go to bed at 12 or 1 and be up at 5 am.  The cat now thinks he should be fed his breakfast no later than 5 a.m.!  Once there was a time when I only had to make one side of the bed - I must not have ever moved - these days the bed looks like a hurricane came through.

I took ambian once - I got up, went to the bathroom, must have fallen hard against the toilet and cracked the proceline.  Water was gushing everywhere.  I feel about 3 more times as my sister was trying to get me to bed and mop up the water.  I have absolutely no memory of this - so, now living on my own, I am not taking that again.

Its hard feeling good during the day when you are so tired.

• chrissyb

Hi Kathleen, welcome.  Sometimes this thread is jumping and other times it pretty quiet but that's okay.  Nine times out of ten I'm usually around when it's your middle of the night as it about 12 hours ahead of you here.

Taking ambien when they affect you like that could be dangerous and you are very wise not to take them when you are on your own....but you still need sleep....it's very important.   Have you tried Melatonin?  There are a lot of women taking it including me and find that it works well.  It's a naturally occuring thing in our body but after menopause we don't produce as much so we get the sleep problem........it's worth a try.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

Chrissy- my one friend is from WVA and we cook old time recipes. Simple ingredients but good food, I use to bug her about smoking...she is now on disability with severe copd and asthma. I can do without breads and potatoes my favorite is to stuff pork chops with spinach cooked with a little olive oil, onions and mushrooms as the stuffing. Everyone thought I had finally lost it, but it is so good folks hope for left overs. Rigatoni bake is easy, boil noodles 3 min then layer sauce, noodles,and mozzarella cheese like lasagna and bake. I do little pans for me and freeze it. This stuff I can get down even on no appetite days.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Pleased to see someone up.

Made  spelt bread this morning, not bad needed a little more proving but tastes fine. We are trying to cut down on wheat. Just finished a very pleasant Sunday lunch.Beef casserole with baked vegetables followed by chocolate cup cakes. Really yummy.

• chrissyb

Anumacha those stuffed pork chops sound fabulous and the Rigatoni bake sound like it's also very tasy.  I'll make a note of them both.......boy! my recipe book is growing fast  I can't believe it.  It's really good to pick up quick recipes from others and you know they are tried and true. The best ones are always the simplest.

• chrissyb

Alyson we bumped, sorry......lol.  Your lunch sounds really yummy!  When I went to town last week I got some good bread flour as well as some gluten free so next week I'm going to give the dough ago again as I want to make Ookook.................what's ookook you may well ask..........well it is like a pizza dough that is pushed into a pan that has Olive oil in the bottom and then topped with more olive oil, tomato and basil.  Baked very high temp to make the crust crisp!   Oh that is so yum hot or cold!  I first had this from a girl at school when I was about twelve years old.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

glad to see you ladies here tonight... im just hangin around, trying to stay out of murs' way...sent the day with Jay#2. he seems to be doing well in the 1/2 way house; with over 6 mos. clean and sober...Mums' cautiously optimistic....hmmm......3jays

• chrissyb

Hi Nancy, hope the dozing on the couch doesn't keep you awake!....lol     Doing good here and you?

• anumacha

ok I can cook but I cannot make bread. The cats and friends will describe lead weights coming from my bread pans so they sent me a bread maker same results so the bakery and organic place is near for bread! I gave up after 2 yrs of trying off and on...I have access to good frozen stuff maybe another day!

• chrissyb

The secret for good bread is in the kneading and making sure your yeast is fresh.  It is recomended that you knead the dough for al least twenty minutes before putting it aside for prooving....then you knock it down, knead again for twenty minutes place in your pan, proove again then pop it in the bot oven.  You should end up with light crisp crust bread.  When you knead, you use the heel of your hand and it's a push and fold action.......push with the heel of the hand then fold the dough back and slightly turn.  This is all you need to do for twenty minutes minimum.  Your dough will be up soft and very elastic.

• chrissyb

Nancy you should have got off your couch and gone straight to bed!  Cleaning your bathroom is so not the right thing to do......lol.......now that will certainly keep you awake!

• chrissyb

I'm making a pizza dough to make Ookook............whats ookook you ask, check a couple of posts back and you will get a full description....lol

• anumacha

My friends mom assisted my final bread making attempt with her 65 yrs of bread making - another hockey puck no beast would touch. She told me to stick to pastries and cooking. Lamb is expensive here but sis said to wait for the sales so maybe next spring!

• chrissyb

Anum you crack me up!  Even my first attempt at bread making didn't turn out like that!  But I guess they all can't be wrong and If a well seasoned bread maker can't help you get it right nothing will.....lol.  We all shine is different ways!

• chrissyb

Nancy, now you will need a shower to get the smell off, then you'll need to clean the bathroom again and so it will go......you did say you wanted to sleep someime tonight......didn't you?

• Ondagrow
    Ondagrow Member Posts: 133

How is everyone doing... I cannot wait until I am finish with treatment and surgery...

Once I go back to work, I will have a better sleep schedule...

Anyone following the Casey Anthony Case...

• chrissyb

You can make the dough in a bread making machine but you need to cook it in the oven.  Just set your machine to proove but not bake.   Sorry it took me awhile to answer, for some reason my computer just turned itself off.....must be a gremlin!

• chrissyb

Hi Sohardtobeme, welcome to the all night thread!.......well for you it's night for me it's mid afternoon...lol  It yakes a while to get back to a good sleep pattern but if you persevere you can usually manage it...just sometimes a little help is needed.  Don't know anything about the case you referred to.

• Ondagrow

Chrissy what time is it there...

It is 1:54 am in PA...

• chrissyb

Sohardtobeme it's 3.25pm here, as I said, mid afternoon....lol

• Ondagrow

Nancy... You are a mind reader...lol

It has been a llllloooonnnngggg year... I WANT MY LIFE BACK...LOL

• chrissyb

Sohardtobeme, be patient lovely it does happen but it takes a while.

• chrissyb

We all have our little piece of hell to endure and sometimes that little piece of hell is having to deal with ignorant people.  We can always choose to ignore them.

• chrissyb

Too true.  See you shortly!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Just had scrambled eggs for tea. rather nice Sunday night tea.

With the spelt flour your have to be careful not to kneed it too much.It can't be done in the breadmaker but took no time at all. I used a wholemeal so it it a bit heavier but very nice.

Very cold here this evening.

Welcome Sohard - what part of PA are you in? Was there May last year.

Nancy thanks for the recipe. And its 6.34pm on Sunday. here.

• chrissyb

Oh NO!Surprised   Now why doesn't that surprise me.....lol.......hohum I guess we'll have to talk a little longer...hahahaha!

Alyson I've gor a nice piece of steak out and I'm going to do some stir fry veg to go with it....Yum!