INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Sleep well Alyson.  Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow and if not go see the doc!!!   Yea.....I know....I'm pushy.....lol   G'night!

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

Thanks ladies, wouldn't you know it................I only have Panamax in my pill box......oh well.............another trip to the shops tomorrow.

Sheila.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Alyson oh my go now

Chrissy-------your right---------In all ways--------I'm going to delete allot of  this,  I just feel to exposed. You are definitely right about what was my reaction at the time. It was pretty positive. I'll have to think about it. Thanks

• chrissyb

Hi Nancy, you are and early bird to night!.....lol

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi Nancy

Feeling a bit better but still coughing.

It is a beautiful winter's day here. My car was iced up this morning when DH went to work.

GD has been really grumpy - she has had a burst eardrum and didn't even say her ear was sore. She is a very vocal child so its a bit surprising. Doc said she will feel fine now its burst but is on antibs. Waiting for friend tocome and so will take her into visit her DH who has had heart surgery today.

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154

Hi, everyone! Alyson, hope your cough is better. We were talking in the waiting room today and almost everyone has developed a cough. I'm going to ask tomorrow if this is part of radiation and what causes it. Wish I was there with you to share some of that cold weather. It was 95 here today with a heat index of 100. Whew! I'm already so hot from rads I could bake biscuits in my armpit! Going up to 99 this weekend with a heat index of 102. I've had heat stroke twice, so I stay inside as much as possible.

How is everyone?

• sas-schatzi

Ahhhh In florida we finely had som e rain and it , likely reduced our drought index and our fire index. Very nice, Bye Bye

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154

Nancy9, I live outside of Memphis and the humidity is killer! If you plan that trip down under , count me in!

• sas-schatzi

Actually just joking about last post------all is true---------- but I'm worried about floods,  I have flood insurance even though it' not required. Always, made my Dh mad it was due before christmas. AND that was my X=mas present------------saftey nut-------all these years unused------only has to happen  once------------at the end of my life or the sale of the property , I can say it only had to happen once. What a pain in the pituuty

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Not the best picture but these are my lovelies.
  • sas-schatzi

Chrisy B----------passed your name on as knowledgeable Mama. We basically are the the same age, but you are different.  You are the most astute, calming, great mama, great cook, whatelse can I say I wish you were living with me. You remind me so much of My own MOM, that it makes it hard. Wherever I see you post you are a calming/ consoling source.

• chrissyb

Thank you girls but you embarrass me with your praises.  I am just me...lol.  I am a great proponent of common sense in all things and all things in moderation.  It works for me.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Nancy---------I think it was 1998- with the fire risk to our house. Wrote to the national Whatever---------sorry forget---------and I said" to walk around your house a decide what you will take and what you can't, Memories of a life time , what do you chose, when you can pack only so much into two cars".

Well. came up with an idea to take as much as possible in two cars, That a woman could load Laundry baskets----------that were purchased at the same place that fit well on top of each other

Laundry basics, Handles on each side, stackabable. Took all of the precious items, wrapped them in underwear or socks,  covered with tee. and jeans.  With the idea that if we had to leave on a moments notice  we could leave with precious possessions and clothes b/c ther was only so much room in each vehichle. Lived with theses baskets packed for almost 3 months in the front room or parlor

• chrissyb

Sleep well Nancy!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy

• chrissyb

How you doing Sheila?

• Katarina
    Katarina Member Posts: 99

Tylenol PM really helps me - most of the time.

I need my sleep for healing so this is a very important subject. I took it last night but was up at 4am and watching a netflix movie till 6:0am since I'm also on chemo steroids. 

Not what I hoped for. 

One day at a time. 

• chrissyb

Katarina, hi and welcome. On the subject of sleep, have you tried Melatonin?  It's a naturally occuring thing in our bodies but due to age and other meds, we sometimes don't produce enough naturally so    3mg about half an hour before bed helps to give a good night sleep.  I use it and after spending years with little or no sleep I really get a good nights sleep now.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

I have heart burn. After reading something about bad effects from acid blockers I decided to try taking prevacid every other day instead of every day. I have a haitus hernia that usually gives me no problem whatsoever.   Bad idea to change up my meds!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy here

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy----------we should play a game some time to see how long from intianion of message to receiving of message------the internet ----------think what they did ww2 ----------and the coast watchers-------did your family know any?

• sas-schatzi

Ginger brew------------I got tested by my doc for about 150 items---------got rid of the biggest offenders and no more reflux-----usually took pepcid ac every evening . Haven't taken it in a year plus. biggest offender coffee----------duh. Lots more.

• MsBliss
    MsBliss Member Posts: 62

Wow, nice to know I am not alone all these sleepless nights....I fall asleep in the living room but wake up to tie up all the loose ends, give my critters some of their meds, make sure there is plenty of clean water and the bird feeders are good for the AM, then, I am wide awake until 3am....but there is something peaceful and soothing about these wee hours...I listen to coast to coast AM radio and it drowns out my dh's occasional snoring! Ha! I take melatonin, but haven't gotten into the habit of taking it early enough to get sleepy at a decent hours. I have been a night owl my whole life....never could get to sleep early even as a kid.

• chrissyb

Ginger I just took an antacid as well......lol.    Don't you just hate that!  I was on a script strength one but they really upset the digestive system so I quit taking them and now I just use the OTC stron ones!  They seem to do the trick so I stick with them.  Hope yours settles soon!!

Shiela I have to keep refreshing to see a new post which is a bit of a pain but what can you do.  No, my dad was in the medical corp and my uncle was a Digger (Aussie Private) who was taken prisoner in Borneo.  Unfortunately he never left there.

• FrancesC
    FrancesC Member Posts: 61
    Hey all I am on this side of world where its light when its dark there....Cool i remember after every chemo I walk around the house like a zombie when everyone was asleep. Dead tired but just couldnt sleep urrrggghh
  • chrissyb

Hi MsBliss, yup this is the place to be in the wee small hours....lol.....although for me it's just late afternoon.....lol.   I think the trick is to not do too much after falling asleep on the couch that way the body doesn't get a chance to wake up too much.  I too have been a  night owl all my life but I have gotten into the habit that most nights I try to go to bed around mid night.

• MsBliss
    MsBliss Member Posts: 62

Gingerbrew,

Have you tried eating some probiotics or probiotic "shooters"....or a probiotic capsule; sometimes a good regular dose will help with heart burn.

• chrissyb

Hi Frances, nice to see you here too.  It's good company here to help while away those sleepless hours,

• chrissyb

Sure have Ginger but that only lasts for a small time.  I actually have GURD and have had most of my life so there is plenty of acid damage.  I just try to stop the pain now.

• FrancesC
    FrancesC Member Posts: 61

Hi Chrissy - you are nearer to me here.  Which part of Australia are you in?  I have a good friend living in Croydon, Victoria. Australia is a beautiful country...