• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Ah yes CRS crisspy rose salad YES?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

HAHAHA!  You got it!!!!!

• sas-schatzi

I lost 2 days of my life worrying about that garbage that occurred on fri night won't happen again.

• chrissyb

I knew it hit hard because t what they said was just not you.  ((((hugs))))) girl, I know where your heart is and so do a lot of other girls.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Yes Shiela, its time you were in bed, just had to check my clock, Hows your afternoon Chrissy?

• chrissyb

Not too bad thanks Alyson.  I just read that you have managed to get yourself a chest infection....take care of yourself my friend  and make sure you get some anti biotics to rid rid of it before it gets worse.

• sas-schatzi

I wish I was more proficient on the computer, I could scan and send this onion casserole to you. But you're a cook.  Take your french onion soup recipe. Do what you would with the onions. At the point you would add the water or broth don't. Reduce the amount you would make soup with.   Add enough water to get the charred stuff off the bottom. The good stuff.

Take a liitle broth with either corn starch or wonder flour mix and add too the onions. Add enough broth about 1 cup----so that it 's not too thick or too thin. Then place in a casserole If you add sherry 1/4 cup or 1./2 cup dry white wine--------or whatevers in the kitchen.. 1/4 tsp oregano/basil/thyme. I clove mince garlic. 4 onions minced or julienned or whatever to begin with will sautees down to a nice golden brown. then add the above. Put in 1qrt casserrole and chill. then cook at 350 degress for 30 minutes>>then bake uncovered for10 minutes after adding 1/4 c shredded swiss cheese and 2Tbl fresh grated parmesan cheese cover with favorite groutons --I preferred spiced.

Basically, once you have the idea that this could have been a soup. You can do whatever you want to it. It's Onions. What can you do to wreck onions. I do though believe Marjoram lends a unique taste vs oregano. I know same family, but they do have a different flavor.

Great with Lamb or Prime rib. Make sure it's cooked long enough that you don't have that flavor of uncooked flower.  Kind of an upside down recipe , but i'm kind of upside down now.

Thinking of lamb that really tastes like lamb with apple or mint jelly, this casserole goes well.

What's a bummer here in the USA is we never get Lamb that actually tastes like lamb------i'll avoid the joke that it tastes like chicken----------but it tastes like beef.       Bummer----if you want lamb, it ought to taste like lamb. Chrissyb let me know what you think, You likely have this recipe alreadyCool sas

• chrissyb

Thanks Shiela.  I don't have it but I do have a French onion soup recipe but never thought of making a casserole.  Sounds tasty and interesting.   The lamb here is beautiful and I prefer it to beef but I have such trouble with my jaw that I find eating meat is getting harder and harder unless it's cooked to the point of desintergration........lol.......meat of any sort is getting expensive so it is becoming a three times a week thing rather than an every night of the week thing.  We tend to eat more eggs and chicken.......but that doesn't matter, whatever you do with meat you can do with chicken!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Thanks -----for your belief in me , it was tough------, real tough, it didn't help that Fri was our 39th wedding anniversary. So, bad . finally got moving this afternoon. I had a boss that was a bully. for along time. With bully's somehow they can take whatever you say and make a negative. I'm not good with bullies unless they are hurting someone else.--------then I'm a protective bear.  I always said to DS choose a field that you can speak your mind always. While I'm not nor will ever be able to nurse again. The younger days of being under nuns---------still working trough that process. But DB and SIS also had polio, I was the protector---don't mess with them or you'll mess with me. . SO, my mind has been screwed up by so many. Be polite etc. Whereas , if I told you stories about twin as a cop. OMG your ears would turn blue and funny OMG. But you could see even though , i was being bullied I wasn't going to back down on a belief.  But after close to 2000 post here that was a first. Bummer

• sas-schatzi

ChrissyB----------Why does american lamb have no lamb flavor------------?????????

• chrissyb

Shiela, Oh my......it definitely was not a good day for you.  I know after loosing someone you love, the firsts are always dreadful..........take heart my friend, it does get better, it just take time......I know, een there, done that.   Of late I have noticed lot of what happened on Friday and I think most of it comes not from being an aggressive personality but from pure fear.  Unfortunatley we all don't handle this Dx well and fear makes people lash out when it's not necessary.  I expect to be on the recieving end at some point but I do understand that it makes you fell like crap when it happens as the major thing we try to do here is help each other.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Probably because it's force fed or grain fed only.  True flavour developes from the food they eat.  Here we have something called Salt Bush Lamb and the flavour is spectacular and the reason is, the sheep eat salt bush exclusively and you sure can taste the difference between it and pasture fed.

• Ondagrow
    Ondagrow Member Posts: 133

Hello...

• Alyson

Hi all, anyone still up. Just waiting for DH to appear before doing anything for a meal.

SAS sending big hugs.

• chrissyb

hi Sohard and Alyson.   Lol Alyson, it's only 4.00pm here, of course I'm still up.....lol

• Alyson

I knew you would be up Just 6.40 here. Waiting for DH to get home as its an easy meal tonight.My sister is preparing for a colonoscopy on Wednesday so can't eat alsorts of things so we are having a salmon rissotto.

I am heading into the living room with my laptop, it's cold here and I am coughing.

• chrissyb

Alyson, I loce Salmon Risotto!....yum.   You need to stay warm!  Have you got some anti biotics?

• sas-schatzi

I'm back ------------SOHARd are you new or am i just old and missed you

• chrissyb

Shiela, where did you disappear to?  Did you try and sleep?  Sohard joined us last night.

• sas-schatzi

Alyson-----------i'm suprised on a colon prep she's allowed rissoto

• sas-schatzi

you can't believe how long it's taking for things to post

• chrissyb

Yea I would........BCO has been very slow of late!

• sas-schatzi

just had to take care of gods call

• chrissyb

Fair enough.....just wondered.

• sas-schatzi

But for some reason the computer is taking way to long to transmit----------------so is soharde with us tonite------------------Alyson your cough have you had the pneumovax and are you do again?

• chrissyb

She pops in and out.

• sas-schatzi

Alyson forget where you are in tx's -------------a cough could be significant----------if your immune status is down? ------------is it sinus,  throat. or chest?

• chrissyb

Alyson says she has a chest infection.  I've already asked about anti biotics and told her to stay warm.

• sas-schatzi

Alyson -------------like I said forget wher your immune status is at. I understand you are not niave os such stuff, but concerns me when I don't know all facts. --------Plus then forget themLOL

• chrissyb

Don't worry Shiela, we all do that....lol   What have you got planned for the coming week?