INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

what antibx -when started-------dis they do paintball adminisatration or by culture

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I think Alyson is doing her dinner.  She'll probably be back later.

• sas-schatzi

Have to avoid all doc contact, any trauma, any medical-----------cobra lapse today, I have to get to july 1st without a doctor contact, otherwise it will cost 470+ - . I go on Medicare july1st.  Son has paper work that if something happens this 4 days -----pay the  bill quick LOL. Sounds like laughs , but it isn't. If something happens to me this week and the premium isn't paid-------i'm screwed... So, i have made sure he has the bill and the abillity to pay it.  ssssssssssso, i bave worried about this for as long as those ss show. Ocd, ptsd, etc. Still trying to keep the family safe. it sucks and What I really like is to be put some place for awhile, but I have my dear schatzi. who is a nervous bunch of energy. that if she wasn'tn in a safe place she would loose it . So I know where I need to be and can't go because if i hurt her in any way , I couldn't live with it . Love is different inall forms.

• chrissyb

Is your son still at home with you?  I didn't realise.  Wow!  that co pay is enormous and I can't blame you for wanting to hide.  When thing don't go the way they should, our pets are always there to remind us that we are loved unconditionally by someone.  Someone did start a thread called 'Pets are the best therapy" and I agree whole heartedly.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

just droppimg by, to sasy hello. good to see you chrissy... i don't know what happened Fridsy, but hope its all good now... had dinner a looonnnggg time ago, almost ready for my fiber cereal; and then bed. still feel like rot, but a dr appt everyday this week. I WILL get someone to listen!!!lol or not.......3jays

• sas-schatzi

She was apound puppy, Ezcelent breeding by conformation, Deathly scared of loud noises, A 115lb dog attacked my husband and our small beagle/schnausser mix . cost was over 9000$.. the county decalered the dog a dangerous dog-----------------whoppie.

SO, I have a great dog that was a pound puppy that was traumatized how we don't know as a young one, and then with the dog attack, she is a bundle of anxiety.I have lived with dogs all my life. She has the greatest heart bundled in fear. If there had not been that dog attack , Ihave no idea what she may have become. I love her so much. she is the reason I get out of bed in the morningand all after revolves around her. It could be said I'm just grieving everything else. It could be so. I dodn't think so. It's her an me.

• chrissyb

Hi Ya 3jays......good to hear from you.      ((((((HUGS)))))))  Sure hope you get that doc to listen to you as you can't keep going like this....it's just crazy!  Let me know how you get on.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• 3jaysmom

i have a question about computer stuff, gonna pm you. answer when you can...missyou....3jays

• sas-schatzi

# jays

• sas-schatzi

I tried once before to ask about what was going on

• chrissyb

Sheila sometimes we need a good reason to get out of bed and you have yours in schatzi.    You need someone to care for and nurture and she needs someone to do just that for her.   Everything that comes into our lives does so for a reason.  She needs your loving heart.

• sas-schatzi

If it's skin i have a solution based onpeer reviewed articles ------i have then stored on a site.

• chrissyb

With what Shiela?  Sorry, did I miss something while I was pontificating?

• chrissyb

Ooops sorry, just realised it was about 3jays.

• 3jaysmom

i don't have a clue where it was going. skins under control....3jays

• 3jaysmom

sheila seems to have to dropped off for now. will ck later. i don't have word...where would i go? documentsz??? thanks. i'll ck later today.

hope all is well with you. MB told me the other day, Shell knob is becoming Mecca for some of us hahaha it is for me right now, i hope the stuff w/be settled, and ill be up and running by then... fingers crossed, prayers said, candles lit. got all bases covered......3jays

• chrissyb

Yup, documents would work the same or any other program you use to save documents to.

• sas-schatzi

ChrissyB you are so right if i didn't have schatzi------------i have no idea what or how i would have survived. Our small dog died two weeks after DH , she was 15 1/2 y/o.  schatzi was son 's dog but because of college circumstanse spent more time with us.  I told DS after DH died and rascal Died and he was moving away, that shots was not going to leave me. he got it  my heart is bleeding for the losses, not for just now, but alifetime,,,,,,,,,i came from a huge connected family--------------that is still connected, but in a different state. I'm alone no one close --------that sucks.............. waiting to see where the son finally hangs his hat.

Irony, when I finally told Greg what my dreams were , he said why did you never tell me, We could have been rich with your knowledge. Well in that time , our wants were subjugated to the man's work. Never brought it up. The look on his face in that discussion told me, I gave up my dream without asking. He would have subjugated his work to make my wish work. Another road not travelled.

• chrissyb

Sorry I disappeared for awhile, I needed to get dinner but I'm back now.  Shiela I think we all look back with some regrets in our lives but the question is were you happy at the time the decision was made.....if so, then it was the right decision.  There are always would have, could have things going around in our heads but as life moves on, there should be no regrets.......you did what you thought was the right thing to do at the time and I'm sure your son and his fiance will make the right decisions for them.  Life is meant to be lived looking forward not back.....but age has that little trick up it's sleeve that seems to make us do just that, look back.  I think in order to be happy in all things, we need to look only forward to all the tomorrows that we have ow ever many that may be.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Gee you two have been doing a lot of chatting. Just didn't get back and I suppose you have gone to sleep, well not you Chrissy.

No my sister didn't have the rissotto she had some chicken and potato mash, tomorrow she has her lovely drink. This is just to check up all is well following her cancer last year. Has a CT scan on Thursday. 

Once that's done will think about me.

• chrissyb

Alyson did you get some antiB's?

• Alyson

No cause I haven't got the energy to go to the doctors, I will when I sort my sister out. I know I should go but its probably viral so will not get anything anyway. Have some really good cough medicine which I am taking. I am also trying to pluck up courage to go as I have a swelling at the side of my good breast, almost under my arm. Probably just swollen nodes with the infection. Haven't told anyone about this swelling - still have lumpy area above scar line. Just get tired of visiting the doc.

Going to do something nasty to DH - he has the TV remote and is flicking channels.

• chrissyb

Oh Alyson, you should not leave thing like that.......please don't let fear stop you from gowing to the docs and getting the care that you need.  I know it feels like you live at the doc's sometimes but once you have been Dx's with BC you need to be extra vigilant.   That chest thing could also just as easily be pneumonia.......get it checked out!

You'd hate me cause I often just flick the channels cause I can't find anything I want to watch....truth be told, I should just turn the tele off and go to bed....lol!

• Alyson

what DH does is go through so fast no-one can see what is on and he declares that there's nothing on and usually it does it during the ads. I will surf channels but do try to seewaht the programmes. is.

• chrissyb

I'll do it after DH goes to bed, which is always early, and I've seen most of what is on.  I find that Foxtel are getting pretty bad at repeating programs over and over.....sometimes I would just like to have something new to watch that was not a reality show.

• Alyson

i am now watching a programme about North Korea. Watch quite a lot of History channel. Tuesday nights have a big gap now Downton Abbey is finished, can't wait until the next series.

• chrissyb

I never watched that.  DH loves the early series of Law and Order, the ones with Det. Lenny Brisco so each night at 8.oo we watch that.  I think I've seen each episode about ten times each but it is such a good show that I don't reallt mind and besides I have the laptop in front of me so I more listen that watch....lol

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

Isn't that the most irritating thing, Alyson?

Just heard my not quite 10 month old grandson took his first 7 steps this evening, now we have a toddler and a baby.........doesn't time go by quickly?  Pity his parents trying to keep up with him, it was bad enough when he was crawling.  Youth is certainly not wasted on the young when raising babies.

I wonder if anyone here has suffered from sinusitis?  I was told by GP about 6 yrs ago that I had it but he didn't really go into detail and I couldn't tell the difference between it and a cold.

I have looked on the 'net for info and followed some of it but am currently not sure if continual cough as throat gets blocked by phlegm/mucus is a symptom of sinus or a SE of rads to throat last year. I am trying to not breathe through my mouth most of the time and to avoid going to and from A/C areas.  Every time I talk for a minute or more I end up in a hacking, tear jerking, nauseating spasm.  

I have been sluicing my sinuses out twice a day with a system bought at the chemist, which consists of sachets of some kind of salts and a bottle with a nozzle for the purpose.  This does flush out quite a bit of gunk each time and am taking a Robitussin Cold/Flu potion which seems to be helping. I suck on a lozenge at night in an attempt to lessen the night time coughing fits, especially when my husband is home as I'm sure he thinks I am dying when I get going.

Hopefully, when I go back to finish the MRI I started last week, I will know one way or the other what is causing this condition.  

For now, I wonder if there is something else I could be doing to get rid of it.........or is that an impossibility?

Thanks ladies,

Sheila. 

• chrissyb

Hey Aussie (don't mind me calling you that as Sas is also Shiela) I've had sinusitis on and off for years but yours sounds more like rads damage or a combination of both.  To stop a nightime cough my doc told me to take 2 Panadiene forte of you have it or 4 OTC panadiene if you don't as it's the codiene in the tabs that calm the coughing impulse.  Not sure if it will work for a throaty cough but no harm in trying.  Good luck!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Alyson

Chrissy that's useful for me as well, I just coughed and coughed last night, my chest is so sore. Will take the paracode tonight.

Aussie S hope you  can get things sorted out. 

I must get to bed.