INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Frances, I lived in Croydon for about six years but that was thirty years ago.  I'm now in South Australia about a two hour drive North West of Adelaide, a little country town called Burra.

• MsBliss
    MsBliss Member Posts: 62

Chrissyb, good thinking....I wake myself up with too many tasks and have to reverse the order. I will try. I think the melatonin is starting to make me drowsy...I'll try and hit the hay a little early for once....even though it is 1 AM here!

• FrancesC
    FrancesC Member Posts: 61

Chrissy - my girlfriend just settled in Adelaide recently with her DH from UK.  A nice retirement home for them and she has been asking us to visit her.  Looking forward to holidays with family when this nightmare is over.  Your antacid started to work already?

• chrissyb

It usually only takes about fifteen minutes to start to get relief and about half an hour before I'm good to go.

Try and Sleep well MsBliss!!!

• chrissyb

Frances, what part of Adelaide?  I go down there on an average of about once a month to see my doc and my children and grand children live in Adelaide.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

i THINK i NEED TO GET SOME mELATONIN.  AND LEARN TO TYPE BETTER. caps!!!!!

I too have Gurd and that is why I was using the prevacid every day. I read something about it could cause colon cancer so I thought to use less of it. As if doing further damage to my esophagus would be a good idea! Duh!!!!!!!!   I will be back on them regularly now.  

I gave up coffee during chemo when it tasted like shoe polish to me. I still can not stand the taste of it. I suppose that was one good effect of chempo, well other than killing cancer cells. Haha.

I don't think it is the foods that cause me much of a problem but the haitus hernia letting the acid come up. I forgot how afwul it feels.

I hope everyone gets some good sleep tonight. I have my days and nights backwards. I have nost of my life but the funny thing is that I love the early morning. That tells me this crazy internal clock of mine isn't a choice I have made. 

• chrissyb

Ginger, my DH is an early morning person he usually rises about 5.00am for no other reason than he is awake!!!!  Mind you, he goes to bed about 9.30 and it has been known to happen that he is getting up as I'm going to bed but that is happening less and less as I try to reset this stupid body clock!  It's happening but it's a slow process and some nights I lay in bed for two hours before sleeping.........but that was before Melatonin......that is a rare thing indeed now.

• FrancesC
    FrancesC Member Posts: 61

Chrissy she told me she lived less than an hour south of the city (if i dont remember wrongly).  Her hubby and her run a $2 shop and I remembered she mentioned they have around 5-6 stores in town. 

• chrissyb

Frances, it sounds like she lives in the Morphett Vale/Noalunga area as they are less than an hour from the city.

• chrissyb

Hi Shiela, I see you're up.  Did you wake up or have you not gone to bed yet?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hi chrissy just woke up LOL. Since I have found a new way to sleep, which helps with LE pain and back on pain meds for Aromasin numerous pain s.e's >>.  getting more sleep. Now just have to get into routine of going to sleep earlier. The position that helps the LE pain is head up and feet upKnown as semi-fowlers, and using a sports bra to keep foobs from migrating into the axilla.

Trust you had a good night?

• chrissyb

Shiela my night has yet to come, it's only 9.00pm here so I won't be in bed for another couple of hours.  If I go to bed earlier, I will be awake a 4.ooam and I won't be able to go back to sleep.....been there done that and have decided I don't like it.....lol.

The sports bra sounds like a good idea and head up feet down is good too.  I had problems with supporting my joints while I slept and found I was waking in excruciating pin in the morning....particularly my knees (they both need to be replaced but I'm not entertaining that until next year) so I bought myself an air mattress but don't fully inflate it so it has some movement........I have never slept better and no more knee pain when I wake!!!  The cost?  $25.oo!!!   So that was $25.oo well spent.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy----sleep is so wonderful!!!!!!!! Comfortable sleep even better. We had treated ourselves years ago to electric vibrating beds versus taking a vacation. What a good choice. expensive at the time, but less than a vacation. Now the dog has the other vibrating bed. She likes it LOL.

• chrissyb

A vibrating bed?!!!  Oh my goodness!!!  I've never heard of that but there again, here in Aus just a normal bed is very expensive so anything that is out of the ordinary is prohibitive!  I do know that adjustable beds are available but not sure about the vibrating variety.  I can imagine that it would promote wonderful sleep!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy----oh it does -believe it or not I forget to use it, The one night I did the head up feet up for spinal reasons, the foobs were so less painful in the morning---almost Niravanha. showed a difference in swelling of the LE in breast axilla and upper arm. Iposted it in several places. Well per usuaul getting a sleep attack. That seems to happen with early morning rising. Wake up feeling rested , strong then about 2-2/1/2hours later  down I go., but that's just about time am meds kick in and several have fatigue and insomnia as s.e's. See you tonight. L&H's sheila 

• chrissyb

Sleep well Shiela!

Love n hugs right back at you!  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Hey nancy -

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

HI Nancy...I never posted on this thread before i thought I should say HelloWink

So what should we discuss?Laughing

• sas-schatzi

nope -single woman out- of couples picture

• sas-schatzi

nancy lets got to the bonfire

• sas-schatzi

hey sheila -------other sheila ---------now all we need to have is Aussie sheila

• sas-schatzi

Nancy did you go

• sheila888

I'm very bored tonight.

• sas-schatzi

sheila We were just going to bug out to the bonfire. I don't know if nancy left yet or not?

• sas-schatzi

Okay lets all go to the bonfire and see whats happening ----sheila have you been there before?

• sheila888

Nancy....I like some craziness thats why i posted.

Hi Sheila

• sas-schatzi

Sheila I'll go get the URL hyperlink and bring it back.oterwise you gals stay here ------we're going thread tripping

• sheila888

Of course i was. Are you in a need to burn someone?

• sheila888

I also type with 2 fingers so chatting is not for me.

Once i tried it was very confusing everybody talking at the same time. I dont do well under pressure.