INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Ondagrow
    Ondagrow Member Posts: 133

Hi All...

Up, reading everything I can find about DIEP FLAP...

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi Sohard.....there are a couple of good threads on diep and also in the information section of the site.  Have you checked that out?

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hi sohardbnme.. i soo relate to your user name... we've not met...hi...

yes, Chrissy, takin care; don't have much choice at the moment. doc 's gonna wait till the 19th to see me; all the se;s are related, and he doesn't feel they're serious enough to warrant hurrying up.. "bless his heart"" thats' what they say in the south, when we really mean the Ba****D!!!

glad you're gonna celebrate, hope the new BF is nice... 3jays

• chrissyb

I have met him a few times and he is really lovely and what's even better he adores her.  I haven't seen her this happy for a long time!!!   The best of it is, he makes her laugh......gotta love the man....he's a keeper in my book!

• 3jaysmom

ANY man that can make a woman laugh is okay in my book..with all the crap we go thru, Mur can still stir up the laughter in me, and believe me, thats; not the easiest task..

• chrissyb

Yea, DH can make me laugh too but sometimes in frustration!!!!!   If I don't laugh, I feel like the woman in the pic with the axe!!!   I will admit though, he often just makes me laugh because he can be a goof ball......lol.

• 3jaysmom

i think yours, and mine would get on great..they have a lot in common...in many ways, it seems... im off now, mur will be in reading his newspaper, and im off to bed for the day{{{{sigh}}}} the insomnia /set sched is aggravated with hypo; so im just going with it all...good to talk to you. email to follow, while you're aslepp, probably hahah a Keep warm n toasty.... 3jays

• chrissyb

Sleep well 3jays and I look forward to the email!  I will be sure to stay warm!!!

• 1stnoelm
    1stnoelm Member Posts: 1

i just had a double mastectomy10 dys ago & my daughter came home from her summer job having a problem & it is over whelming me as it upset her so anybody up for giving me advice? i cannot sleep due to pain anyways and this made me awake with racing heart!!!

• chrissyb

Hi 1stnoelm.  I'm here if you need to talk.  I can understand why you are feeling overwhelmed at the moment and having the added stress with your DD won't help.  What can I do for you?

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Hi 1stnoelm - sorry you are in so much pain. check with MD as soon as possible. if you're in that much pain, you probably either need something stronger or a different dosing regimen. i have at times (esp. in the wee hours of the morning) just upped the dose on my own, then checked with MD and found out that's exactly what he would have recommended.  i have had multiple surgeries and recently experienced the worst post surgical pain i've ever had (from thumb surgery believe it or not). MD suggested staying with increased dose of prescribed pain meds (2 instead of 1)and alternatingwith ibprofen, so i was taking something every 2 hours. evidently that's what my body needed, because i actually woke up at 2 hour intervals, on my own, to take meds. slept pretty much the rest of the time. check with MD as soon as possible. if you're in that much pain, you probably need either something stronger or a different dosing regimen. not sure what advice i can offer on the daughter front (no kids). i know when i have had work problems, just being able to talk it out helped. maybe lending her a sympathetic ear is all you can do for her right now.

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369
    hey chrissy - actually got about 4 hours of good sleep, but now wide awake. why so cold? are you back in australia? it's 80 degress here in boston, at 6 a.m.. i knew winters and summers were opposite between here and there, but for some reason never thought winter there meant "real" winter with snow and all - don't know why. probably because july is and always has been summer for me. the cast has been off the right thumb for a while -- so bra issue has been resolved. have had amazingly quick return of function. PMX is scheduled before next thumb surgery (joint reconstruction on L thumb), so bra thng won't be a problem. after a terrible disappointment in the past, i had absolutely no desire for reconstruction, until the consultation my BS wanted me to have with a PS before i had the PMX. things have come a long way baby since my failed attempt 17+ years ago. next big surgery on my agenda is bariatric for weight loss - but that's several months down the line. i told him if i was going to make any attempt at recon, it would be by taking all the droopy post weight loss skin and starting at my ankles, pull it all up to my chest to create new boobs. he was not amused. Laughing he then showed me a picture of a woman, similar to myself , on whom he had done a LD reconstruction, post bariatric surgery i was amazed. new boobs and no loose skin/fat on back. now maybe thinking of recon somewhere down the line. should probably focus, right now , though on getting PMX and left thumb taken care of.. 3 surgeries in 1 summer  is enough for anyone. sun is up, temp is pushing 80, think i'll go for a walk on the beach. take care. (Hauntie) Lynda
  • chrissyb

Wow Lynda, three surgeries in 1 summer is plenty!  I'd give the system a bit of a break if I were you too.  I'm lopsided as well and I did want recon but the PS said he wouldn't even look at me unless I lost 60lb and believe you me I was pretty ticked off at him and the BS at the time.  I have a real problem with trying to loose weight but I'm not over weight enough to do bariatric so I'm between the devil and the deep blue sea so to speak.    That was seven years ago, but I have been thinking lately that I would really like to be whole a gain or if not whole then flat so after my trip I think I'll be doing some checking into the possibilities.

Oh yes it's cold here....lol.   Winter has arrived with a vengence.  We don't always get snow here but just sometimes the temp drops enough and there is enough cloud that we do.  I don't mind it, but the dropped temps just seem to go on and on this year.   Normally we get some really lovely almsot warm days but I think they all took a holiday and just left us with the cold....lol.

Enjoy your walk on the beach and I'll catch you later!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Hey Nancy nice to see you back!  Foe tea tonight I will be cooking something I haven't had for years!  I'm just going to do the usual mashed potatoes and veg but the meat component of the meal will be savaloys.  They are spicy red, thick sausages that are steamed which leaves then hot and juicy and as kids we always had tomato ketsup on them.  I saw them at the butcher shop yesterday and couldn't resist.  They are probably going to give me reflux but hey, I can take a pill to calm that and I know I will enjoy them while they are being eaten.......lol

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

LOL....that sounds like me yesterday.   It was DH birthday and our wedding anniversary so we went to an Indonesian Restaurant for luch .......the food was YUMMMMM!!!  but I was so full that at tea time last night all I felt like was a small bowl of soup!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hi, Chrissy Happy Anniversary, One day late.     

Nancy I have a pm ready to send , but a popup said I exceed my emails. I hate too trash it, but if I can't send it by bedtime. I'll have too.----Just rechecked and it won't send.

Alyson sorry about the back. I so, wish we could hide a chiropracter, masseuse, nutritions/cook, housecleaner,and a comedian in the closet. And pull them out as needed.   I remember as a young OR nurse. There was this really nice neurosugeon. Had never met one. I asked the other nurses couldn't just keep him in the closet. It was LOL then ---it was predays of docs being told they had to treat the nurses nice LOL   Now, if they're not nice and get reported too often . Administrations are sending them to anger management classes in order to maintain working priveleges. LOL. Some have even been fired Undecided

Nothing new to report except have been lurking on some threads that have trouble playing nice. Just wanted to get a feel for what was going on. Apparently there has been a person telling people on the "going beyond forum', that what they write is trivial. Well let's trivial away.

Hi Hauntie------insomnia for me is the AI problem. No answers though, except that Chrissy sometimes tells me it's time for bed and I usually listen.
    I started the thread out of desparation to talk with people in the middle of the night. As a result I have met a whole lot of very nice people. It's like "Cheers" the old sitcom. It's nice to go where everyone knows your name. We all just want a little bit of rest and relaxation. If someone comes with a problem, whomever is up to it tries to help. Glad you got good results with thumb. Hope your PMX is everything you want it to be.

L&H"s everyone have to check a few threads,sheila

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568

Hi SAS~

I find that other thread can be downright nasty. 

As someone who cannot sleep at night I decided to jump on...

I am the one that is doing her laundry at 1 or 2 in the morning.  Sigh.

• sas-schatzi

Hi Ang 7------never know when someones here or not-----hereI am-----hopefully your not gone already.

• chrissyb

Hey Shiela, nice to see you.  I stay away from the threads that can't get along....I feel really sad when I read them as this forum is here for help and support and some seem to delight in stiring the pot with the complete opposite........I always walk away if I don't like something that way no one gets hurt and I don't upset myself.  I have often wondered why people tend to create more stress in their lives when we all know that stress is the worst thing for us and should be doing everything to reduce it.........Oh well!   different strokes for different folks!

• sas-schatzi

ANG Even if the mood strikes I try to avoid the middle of the night cleaning , but have been known to do it.

• chrissyb

Hi Ang7, I around for a long while yet as it's only 2.30pm here.....lol

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy so very right.------Have you tried Jezebel yet?

• chrissyb

Damn I hate that!  I wrote my post and forgot to submit!

I did make it Shiela and it is delicious!!!   Next time I do it though I may tame the spice just a tweak as I often have a sore mouth and it was perhaps just a tad over comfortable when I ate it.....but I still enjoyed it.....lol

• sas-schatzi

Crissy-------the AI's are starting to do me in again-------still trying to swim daily , but we are into some serious storming and the lightening is as if 's in the house. Florida is the lightening capital of the world. Do not want to mess with outdoors during this time.  Shatzi alerts way before a storm hits. Hides -----

Thatslife so sorry to hear about your friend and the surfing accident. WE never know the moment or the hour.     I got your Pm , but I've exceed my limit for the day, so I'll amswer tomorrow.

ANG-----did you pop out?

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568

Still here,

Just had to go fold the clothes...Wink

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, I have done it with a little as 4os of horseradish. The higher you go by oz of HR the hotter it will be. But it's a strange combo isn't.......... FABulous on salmon.

• sas-schatzi

Ang you are industrious tonite--------I will usual pop in the clothes and put off folding as long as possible LOL. I even use ckothes baskets as clothes holders in walkin closet----works well, I can easily see whats in each basket

• chrissyb

Shiela, I was getting all the aches and pains with my arthritis and probably the SE's with the Femara but I found by taking Boswellia Serrata each morning and night that I have been able to get rid of most of my pain meds and move with far less problems. Even the knees that need to be replaced are feeling way better...................maybe it will work for you as well?

• sas-schatzi

Nancy may be that's where I saw TL. AHHHHHmemory. AND the days I had one

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Oh Chrissy I was just logging off and I saw your post, damn you've made me homesick, I used to love battered savs oh and what I'd do for a Chicko Roll ........