INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

hi all

Just popped in to see who was here and see you have been very busy, pleased to see another one from downunder here.

Chrissy I have been good and haven't been to the gym - the doc told me not to go more than 3 times a week and not on following days. I couldn't have gone anyway as I am way too stiff and sore.

Have spent today looking at bathroom fittings. We have talked about an ensuite and needing ti fix the main bathroom so spoke to friend who is carpenter thinking it will be ages and he wants to start next week so i have to get everything organised by Friday week when the plumber will come to do the first bit.

that's life I have seen the outback in Aus and it is wonderful. In September we are heading for a couple of weeks in Queensland.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Will you be back by the second week in October?  Why I ask, is, that on my way home from the USA, it looks like I can have a stop over in Auckland and I would love to see you if possible.  Let me know.  Good on you for not over doing it at the gymn......exercise is good but too much is as bad as none.  I was told that by my doc years ago when I bemoaned the fact that I couldn't get to the gymn as often as I wanted to......mind you, that was twenty years ago when I was younger and much slimmer!....lol

Did you find the bathroom things that you like?

• thats-life-
    thats-life- Member Posts: 169

hi alyson, and thanks for the welcome...you never forget it do you...i wonder if i have the energy to go back?..the train trip would be nice, the ghan? thinking of going to qld in sept too, last time we stayed on the gold coast, but went in july and it was just that little bit too cold for swimming etc

• chrissyb

TL, I saw thae adds for the Ghan the other day as I was reading atravel brochure and it got my wheels turning.  I am on a pension and I get one free rail trip a year in state and pay the diffference out of state so I could feesably do that trip with little cost.  Maybe next year as I'm off to the USA at the end Of August so I arrive on September 1st.  That is my bucket list trip and I'm getting so excited about the whole thing.

• Alyson

Chrissy do come back via Auckland -it would be great to see you. We are having 2 weeks in Aus so will be back. Have plenty of room for visitors and will have a nice new bathroom to show off.

Think I have worked out what I want so now have to show DH then I will get the things. He probably won't agree but will be happy with whatever I do. Now have to works out walla and floors.

• chrissyb

I would love to redo my bathroom but I can no longer do it myself and DH doesn't see any reason to do it......the taps work and the drains work the rest as far as he can see doesn't matter.   He's not big on the how things look department....lol

• thats-life-

i get the one free trip too, but have never used it.it would get me to adelaide, then i could do the ghan from there, how nice would it be to have a sleeper...wake in the desert..great bucket list thing to tick off chrissy, the US, that should be an amazing trip.

• chrissyb

TL, perhaps we should organise to do it together some time....it would be lovely to have company.  The US trip has grown from being a three week one to being six weeks....lol......and if I had the money and the time, it could be a whole lot longer!!!

• thats-life-

imagine that..the great aussie bc ghan trip...im going to think about that tonight...if we saved extra $ we could go platinum class, we could pick up sisters along the way!...

• chrissyb

Now that's an idea and if we all book as a group won't that knock their socks off!!!   hahahahaha!

• thats-life-

ha ha, it would be lovely...

• thats-life-

im picturing a motley crew with champers in hand, relaxing on deck chairs watching the beautiful sunset at uluru resort (could probably only afford 2 nights there, i think its about $500 a night, yiokes). then alice springs, the macdonald ranges, a pool...ah yes.

• thats-life-

(only kidding about a motley crew, slightly battle scared maybe) :) x

• chrissyb

No, no, I'd probably agree with the motley crew description.....lol......the whole thing sounds great and I think we should start putting the odd peeny away and start saving.....give us something to really look forward to.

• chrissyb

TL, I'm just going to get something to eat, for some reason my belly is rumbling like an old train on the tracks.  Won't be long and I'll be back.

• thats-life-

we should!..maybe susieq would join the trek,.....  aboriginal cave art, i never got to do that last time, camel rides if we're up to it lol, picnics, billabongs...sleep ins under luxury linen..lovely! first penny going into the jar tomorrow :)

• thats-life-

yes, go eat, i just woofed down peanut satay vegetables...

• chrissyb

I'm back!  Just had my savs and a jelly cup now I'm good to go!

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

I haven't had savs for years Chrissy, but I did buy some Salami this week for a little treat............Hubby won't have sausages in the house because of all the nasties he believes they are made from...............but I do enjoy a good one now and then.

Sheila.

• chrissyb

I haven't had them for years either but I saw them in the butcher shop yesterday and just couldn't resist....lol   I guess I'm lucky as DH eats what ever I put in front of him wether he likes it or not...lol.....if it's a don't like he eats it slowly and then has a big bowl of ice cream.   I must admit, that there is very little he actually doesn't like.

• Alyson

Really want to go up to Alice, its on my bucket list.

• chrissyb

Mybe you can join TL and I next year.......c'mom girls, all those who whould like to be a part of this just let me know and we can really start planning for perhaps September next year.  That will give us some time to save the pennies!

• thats-life-

have to go now, thanks girls for a nice evening...im in for the bucket list trip to the alice :)

• chrissyb

Okay TL, catch you later.  Sleep well tonight!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Alyson

Good night Aussies.

• chrissyb

Night Alyson....Sleep well!  Will catch up tomorrow.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Is anyone having trouble sending PM's. I can't evenPM the Mods to let them know I can't PM. There's an irony.

JUDITH YOOO--HOOO---IT'S SHEILA i'M BLOCKED FROM PM'G Could you fix it please Thank you sheila

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Wierd ------I feel like I'm in the twilght zone. Judith either fixed it or it fixed it self, and no one is here at 11:33 at night.

And judith who always says hello hasn't been by yet---------(pretend ghostly sounds). Don't know how to spell a ghostly sound-------but can do a chicken -------Brawgkkkk

• chrissyb

LOL Shiela, you can always count on  me being here!

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

Hi guys, just checking in.  Going to get in shower - we are still in the 90 degrees at 11 pm, ugh.  What a hot dry summer.  Chrissyb~ how's Australia?  Shiela, how are you?