INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi ya Gina, Aus right now is C O L D!!!  Well for us it's cold....lol  We have had loads of rain so everything is looking brand new and green....such a lovely sight to see!   How you been doing?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hello--------out of the twilight zone. -------Chrissy and Sagina---test worked

• sas-schatzi

Hello--------out of the twilight zone. -------Chrissy and Sagina---test worked

• sas-schatzi

But I twitched LOL

• sas-schatzi

I think we are having BCO computer problems again

• sas-schatzi

So chrissy I wonder if Judith heard my yooo hooo lol

• chrissyb

Everything is going fine here.......so far.

• sas-schatzi

Be back dog needs to go out and a storms coming

• chrissyb

How you doing tonight Nancy?

• sas-schatzi

I had this very expensive fence and gate put up, so the dog could run and play and whatever.------------She now is afraid to go out alone at night. It was either a recent snake encounter or a cat on top of the car across the street that made the cat lookBIG. So, my very expensive fence is partly usless. Daylight hours are okay. There's always something.

How is everyone?

• chrissyb

Popcorn for tea?   You're pulling my leg....right?  opening a can of soup would be better than popcorn!

• chrissyb

Shiela your Schatzi is just priceless!

• sas-schatzi

I had a tomato sandwhich on raisan bread with mozarella chees.-----different----won't make the to do repeat list. LOL

We have been in the 90's for weeks and I have temp set at 81 and the house feels cold. It's now the rainy season. Chrissy your right it's nice to see green and growing. Our winter was the coldest in recorded FLorida hx. Really killed everything. My forever flowers did just fine. I got tired of losing flowers etc al the time. So I have silk plantars that don't get hurt at all.

Chrissy the soundscapes channel has aboriginal Australian music on.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy --schatz is a character, she even tries to lead me to bed know ----has for awhile.

I so wish I could get her  aplaymate, but she was territorial with our other dog. Not in a mean way, but always wanting more attention. Just like a toddler.

• sas-schatzi

It was weird last night I was blocked Pm'g for hours yesterday and then today. Hasn't happened before. Has it happened to you before. It started right after I posted on that thread Nancy. WHICH btw I deleted from my favorites -----won't go there again even to lurk.

• thats-life-
    thats-life- Member Posts: 169

hi everyone, i think im in the naughty corner but just wanted to say hi, and sas, you are so funny, i am laughing...re toasted raisin bread and tomato sandwiches not making the to do list...and expensive fences that your pup is scared of...life hey....:) 

aboriginal music moves the soul sas

• sas-schatzi
    Our we checking other threads -----okay be back in a fewWink
  • chrissyb

Shiela, my Tinker is like that with my DH and the cats....lol  If they dare to walk past him she rushes to stand in front so they are out of reach of a pat as they walk past.....it's hilarious to see.  She doesn't snap or bark or anything like that just stands where they have to go around and out of reach.

• chrissyb

Hey Shiela, I type well but I'm still no speed gonzalis....give us a minute to answer!

Hey TL, you aren't in the naughty corner....yet!.....hahahahaha!!!!

• thats-life-

hi nancy, i only meant that i had a post deleted today...i am trying to move forward too...i only meant i was 'naughty' today...

• chrissyb

As much as I like the Alternative threads for information, I find them way too volatile most of the time so stay away altogether.  Unfortunately, I know I'm missing some things that I could use but I'd rather sacrifice the info just so I don't have to read the crap!

• sas-schatzi

Oh Add fast reader to the slow typing too. and try to remember where you posted what?

TL Just delete those threads and you won't be tempted to read. I'm the same way have to comment, but if I don't go there I don't know it's going on .

Nancy-------no ketchup with the popcorn?

Okay what the worst thing each of us have ever made

mine cheddar cheese soup with oregano---------that's when Greg took over cooking ------May be I planned that and didn't realize it LOL

• sas-schatzi

He ultimately became a gourmet cook. I'd do the table design and we'd both cook , but he was the chef. aand then we'd both do clean up -------teamwork.

• chrissyb

Mmmmm....the worst thing I've ever made?   Probably my first attemp at making Souer Kholl.  Instead of being light and moist it was dry, slightly burnt and undercooked.........but we ate it anyway....LOL!

• thats-life-

oh, i remember a horrendous stew i made once which i tried to thicken with flour and make tastier with vegemite...eeew

i once cooked a roast chicken for a hot date...i was so nervous..when it was ready i pulled the chook out of the oven and thought 'my oh my..there's not much meat on this chook, just my luck when im trying to impress'...i scraped off as much as i could and fed him...only later that night did i realise that i had cooked the chook upside down....come to think of it...maybe i cant blame tamoxifen for everything lol

• chrissyb

Or it could have been the first attempt at making Risotto........I guess there are thousands of failures over the years as I try something new particularly when I was first married.......now I don't seem to have the failure problem.....well not that often anyway!

• chrissyb

TL, cracked up at your upside down chook...........maybe you could invent a new recipe called The upside down chook.....lol

• chrissyb

I think the biggest challenge for new cooks is knowing or learning how long each thing takes to cook and if you are using the oven what temp to cook it at.  I know the proffessional Chefs have a timing book but wouldn't it be great if one was published for the hime user.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy--I agree with what you just said about the alternative threads------thats a good word volatile. and I agree there is stuff I would be highly interested in, but not at the risk of a volatile expolision.

Nancy----poor shatzi was a pound puppy and I shudder to think what her first 3 1/2 months were like. I even take her to my counseling sessions hoping being in the office she works through some of her anxiety. But if I get animated in what I'm talking about she is all over my face licking. So, it reminds me to not be so demonstrative.

The new thread Hot Flashes has some good ideas . I added this fan, lasko type FB model number 4914------it's the type you use to dry out floors and woodwork from flooding. Does it push out the air-----------you could dry your hair with it

• chrissyb

Shiela, yes, it's Dutch.  It's pototo, sauer kraut and a special sausage sounds easy but there is a knack to cooking it as there is almost no water in the pan.