Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any 40-ish survivors?

Comments

• profbee
    profbee Member Posts: 304
    edited October 2011

Oh, and Burley...I knew I was in trouble when, during my worst week on Taxol and Lapatinib, after filling the 6th prescription for anti-nausea meds, my pharmacist sent me an encouraging hello card.  LOL!  So nice. 

• mamachick
    mamachick Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2011

Profbee- you are not crazy and some here refer to it as monkey face.  I had it after TAC and it does go away.  I trimmed mine.  Not brave enought to shave it.  Thought it might come in darker. lol eay!  For the home stretch. 

• profbee
    edited October 2011

monkey face...GREAT!  Do the indignities ever end?!  :)  Well, I'm glad it goes away.  Did you use trimmers?  Or just like a scissor?  

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited October 2011

I had that too.. came about 2 months post chemo.. I also trimmed it and plucked some... it stayed away... thank GOD

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2011

Me too ...I had it as well,but I went to the laser place.

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    edited October 2011

I am growing a damn beard with all the hair growth supplements I am taking. Going to laser it but am waiting until I stop the supplements. I have 4-5 inches right now which is not nearly as long as sounds. I figure 4-6 more months and the wig is done.

• lrr4993
    edited October 2011

To be clear, the 4-5 inches is on my head, not my face. LOL.

• bdavis
    edited October 2011

Lisa... in the meantime, you can take a pair of scissors and trim it off... it should stay away... and you are still wearing a wig with 4-5 inches?? That is indeed long... ditch the wig... At first when I read your post, it sounded like your beard was 4-5 inches... LOL

• profbee
    edited October 2011

Hmmm...I KNEW I heard it somewhere on here.  ugh!  It's always something.  Bad enough these TE boobs feel like alien pods on my chest...now they're hairy.  GREAT.  Way to make my scarred, nippleless and HARD boobs even more attractive!  Let's add hair.  SURE!  Why not?!  ugh

• kmur
    edited October 2011

Oh gosh I had to laugh about the 4 or 5 in. beard....I'm with Betsy ..I would sport the short hair with some gel  I think it was Christine that called it artsy or is that artsey

• kmur
    edited October 2011

Profbee that happened to me too and when seeing the PS-- all I could say is "YAY me!!!!"

• profbee
    edited October 2011

I completely thought your beard was 4-5 inches long.  It was nearly time for an intervention!  :)  I shall find a way to trim tomrrow!  Thanks women. 

• lrr4993
    edited October 2011

Yea still n the wig. Remember most people don't know about my diagnosis. The short hair would prompt a lot of questions. Anyone who knows me knows I would never do this to my hair on purpose. Plus i look horrible withshort hair! But i do go without at times so long as i am not around peopke who don't know.

• lrr4993
    edited October 2011

Hmmm...I KNEW I heard it somewhere on here.  ugh!  It's always something.  Bad enough these TE boobs feel like alien pods on my chest...now they're hairy.  GREAT.  Way to make my scarred, nippleless and HARD boobs even more attractive!  Let's add hair.  SURE!  Why not?!  ugh

OMG prof. I am rolling.

• profbee
    edited October 2011

Right.  You do what works for you and makes you comfortable.  You look beautiful in your picture.  :)

• bdavis
    edited October 2011

I just had a major laugh out loud fit... My son thought there was something wrong with me... LISA has a 4-5 inch beard and PROF has hairy boobs... I am crying I am laughing so hard.

• lrr4993
    edited October 2011

We are manly men, aren't we. It is so horrible but so funny at the same time.

• bdavis
    edited October 2011

Just the way the posts were phrased gives me images of ponytails hanging from the would-be nipples

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited October 2011

Oh my goodness you ladies are in rare form tonight...I laughed so hard my tea came out my nose.  Thank you!  I needed a good laugh!

• christine47
    christine47 Member Posts: 846
    edited October 2011

Just checking in before I go to bed.  Now I am laughing so hard I am crying.  We could be in a circus.  4-5 inch beards, hairy boobs, hard boobs and big feet.  You all crack me up.  I only have about 1 1/2 " of hair and NO more wig.  I look pretty "artsy/edgy" and don't care.  Someone told me today (PA at my PCP office), that my hair was a nice contrast to my personality.  She said something to the effect that I was so sweet and my hair was radical??  I am not sure how to take that, she is young, so I think this was a compliment.  Oh well, my new boobs rock!  I will catch up with everyone on facebook this weekend, and maybe even post some pictures.

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    edited October 2011

I'm laughing so loud at work that people are looking at me.  The "beard" comment and 4-5 inches is hilarious. 

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    edited October 2011

Profee - congrats for knocking down another AC.  Only 1 to go.

P.S.  Still laughing

• kmur
    edited October 2011

Good Morning everyone,

I was so curious as to how to set up all the groups etc. on facebook... the 40 ish group is Kim's group of ladies and I found out that if you girls wanted to group chat you can click on the upper right ( I think it says notifications ) then a prompt will appear that says group chat and then you can chat with anyone logged on. I mostly wanted to figure this out because I am not normally computer savvy...so I am not actually in the group. That way too when you chat it is not "public" as it is on  bc.org. I am ready to move on and begin all the other things I want to do...believe it or not I am teaching myself to play banjo and I have started painting so ...I will log on from time to time and check on you girls,but now you have so many ways to connect ..so cool that you can do that.

Have a good day

• profbee
    edited October 2011

i'm scouring back through the pages here...how do I find y'all on FB?  :)

• ReadingMama
    ReadingMama Member Posts: 338
    edited October 2011

Now I'm laughing so hard!  I shaved my face twice so far and its about time for another shave, the last one was end of June.  Hoping after a few shaves it will stop coming back.

Kiwimum - sorry brain freeze last night, the historical AG dolls are all about American History, so obviously would not be as meaningful to your dd, sorry!  But the "regular" AG dolls are quite lovely too.  My dd also subscribes to the AG magazine, which she still loves at almost 12, I think we started when she was 8 or 9.  Very positive mag.  Last AG endorsement, your dd is too young for this, but when the time comes, the AG book "The Care and Keeping of You" is great intro into puberty (breasts, periods, acne, nutrician, excersice).  We read it together in the summer after 4th grade, so she was 10 and I know she looks back at it.  Mentions girls organs, but no mention of Sex, so it is a great into book.

Burley, glad to see you, was getting worried! Wanted to congratulate on getting us to 60 pages, now we are at almost 70.

• lrr4993
    edited October 2011

Okay, before you all think I am some sort of circus freak, I was being funny when I said I had a beard.  I just have a bunch of random stray hairs in the beard area that were not there before.  They are very light but grow like weeds.  I assume it is all the supplements.  I suppose it could also be hormanal from my chemopause. 

Prof - I am Lisa Richardson in Atlanta.  My avatar is a bunch of football helmets.  I think Betsy is friends with just about everyone (I have a few added).  She is in my friends list and can link you to the chat group as well as others.

• sarah1968uk
    sarah1968uk Member Posts: 327
    edited October 2011

Thanks for the giggle about the 4-5inch beard, Lisa! There was an actual bearded lady on this late-night TV show I saw the other day. I think she was Canadian and had a full beard, moustache, sideburns, the lot! She often went round in a bikini as part of her "act", but still looked just like a man. Now, I just let mine grow and I have a good career option! 

Yeah, Profbee - I was refering to the Rugby World Cup Final, on this weekend, in which the All-Blacks (NZ) are taking on the damn French! ( Wales lost to France in the semis).

Hope you all have a good w/end. It's half-term holidays here. Been on this computer for about 2 hours, time for a break, I think!

Sarah x

• mamachick
    mamachick Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2011

You all are too funny.  Lisa- was trying to picture you from you avatar with a 5 in. beard!  I was wondering too why you were still wearing a wig, but I completely understand if those at work don't know.  Hope it grows out soon so you can ditch the wig!

• bdavis
    edited October 2011

Prof... friend me... betsy schreier davis

And I doubt the drugs are growing the beard... I got the hairs and am not on any supplements... so I think its simply chemo...

• achpurple
    achpurple Member Posts: 245
    edited October 2011

Bdavis:  Just sent you a friend request on fb