Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any 40-ish survivors?

Comments

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2011

Kiwi, if I laugh at Cancer, it goes away...

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited November 2011

Eema I am so sorry you are in pain!  On top of that having issues with your cervical vertebrae. 

My DH has lost about 60% muscle strength in his right arm, his thumb is completely numb and he battles pain daily, his issues are c4 to c7 so I can only imagine your pain...DH's MRI shows his spinal cord is so compressed it is shaped like a boomerang and there is no fluid protecting it so he is ready to have this surgery.    

I could use a little liquid refreshment right now, I would love a cosmo or mojito but all I have is some baileys...

• Eema
    edited November 2011

Man o man! Michelle, I'm not where your hubby is, thank G-d, it would be too much with the BC, too, but bad enough that I am a frequent flier on the Norco plane. My docs give me whatever pain meds I ask for, because they can see for themselves how much pain I'm in just by looking at the xrays. Im supposed to try PT after all this mess.

Ok, have to go to bed now for real. Neck is so sore... Best to your hubby!

• Eema
    edited November 2011

And pass that baileys over here, Girlie! It will go great with the Norco, Oxy, and Flexeril...

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    edited November 2011

Yum - Baileys.  I was just sitting here thinking that red wine would numb my rads pain.  Maybe I'll hunt in the cupboard for something stronger.

Have a good sleep ladies.

• kiwimum
    edited November 2011

Hey ladies ... look at my hair!!  It's growing.  It's growing.

111122-185428.jpg image by Kiwimum14

• Eema
    edited November 2011

Yay for growing hair!

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited November 2011

Looks like you got nice and full coverage coming in, YAY for hair!

• marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2011

Re: Mom Jeans

Here's a link to the Saturday Night Live bit on Mom Jeans. Love Tina Fey!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10333/saturday-night-live-mom-jeans

• ReadingMama
    ReadingMama Member Posts: 338
    edited November 2011

Too many posts, I will definately miss people, sorry.

Christine - thanks for the warm thoughts.  I am not anxious yet as I'm too busy at work and home, one good effect I guess.  I'm reading the medical journal papers my company sent me, only 1 left and only 3 more days of work, incl. today. And yes, it does stink to have two holiday seasons overshadowed by cancer.   I'm sure I will get nervous next week...

Kiwimum - like the hair and yah for Rads being almost over!!

Eema - sorry you are in pain.

Hope burley is feeling better, please send her my thoughts.

Didn't watch the link yet, but I'm afraid to say all my pants, jeans or other, are highwaisted (natural waist), I just don't like the look and feel of low risers.  And I love wearing turtlenecks, although the softer not as tight kind they have now.  I guess I am old...

• sarah1968uk
    sarah1968uk Member Posts: 327
    edited November 2011

Love to Eema - hope you get your pain sorted out - it must be awful.

Love to Michelle too and good wishes to your hubby with his op.

Like those Mom Jeans comments - I can visualise them exactly! Need a nice BIG permed hairdo for the full 80s throwback experience!  I am so large I've been wearing large, flappy trousers/pants for years -  elasticated, of course! - and always in black. There are trousers in fashion here at the mo. with teenagers with really low crotches - also known as poo-catchers!  They often come in fetching shades of tan. We saw a young guy with these on the other day and the pants were also belted down on his hips/bum - he could hardly walk, only shuffle with tiny steps!  Ridiculous fashion!  I am such a grumpy old woman now. In my day....etc, etc!

Anyway - hope you all have a brilliant Thanksgiving!

Sarah x

• sarah1968uk
    sarah1968uk Member Posts: 327
    edited November 2011

Love to Eema - hope you get your pain sorted out - it must be awful.

Love to Michelle too and good wishes to your hubby with his op.

Like those Mom Jeans comments - I can visualise them exactly! Need a nice BIG permed hairdo for the full 80s throwback experience!  I am so large I've been wearing large, flappy trousers/pants for years -  elasticated, of course! - and always in black. There are trousers in fashion here at the mo. with teenagers with really low crotches - also known as poo-catchers!  They often come in fetching shades of tan. We saw a young guy with these on the other day and the pants were also belted down on his hips/bum - he could hardly walk, only shuffle with tiny steps!  Ridiculous fashion!  I am such a grumpy old woman now. In my day....etc, etc!

Anyway - hope you all have a brilliant Thanksgiving!

Sarah x

• christine47
    christine47 Member Posts: 846
    edited November 2011

oh my, the mom's jeans video is soo funny!  I am going to JCPennys this weekend to get some and the free vest too!

Hope you are all doing well tonight, I am so ready for a long weekend.

Kiwimum, your hair looks great, good for you to treat yourself to a spa day.  If I could I would take you to lunch too.  Your on the final count down!

Eema, I had no trouble with the nipple surgery, so easy, harder part was a bit of fat grafting I had at same time.  My tummy was quite sore, also hiding the nipple guards was a bit of a challenge.  Hopefully the weather is still cool where you live in March.  I am now scheduled for tattoos on Dec 9th.

Well I read several article recently suggesting that bigger butts are in.  Now I am glad I didn't have any fat removed from my butt during lipo.  Did you all read about the lady in florida that was injected with cement, flat tire fix and several other things for a butt augmentation.  Wonder if that works for boobs?

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited November 2011

umm... no ... missed that story

• kiwimum
    edited November 2011

The things people will do in the name of the beauty of the times.  The big sticking out butt thing hasn't caught on in NZ!

• kiwimum
    edited November 2011

Forgot to ask ... is it Thanksgiving today?

If yes, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I'm thankful

1. That my hair is growing
    2. I'm finishing treatment next week
    3. For my DH and DD's
    4. That this hideous year, that I never want to repeat, is coming to an end!
    5. Lastly that I met you ladies and you have been there when I needed you to be
  • christine47
    edited November 2011

KiwiMum, Thanksgiving is on Thursday (today is tuesday).  You do have alot to be thankful for.  2012 will be a better year!!

• bdavis
    edited November 2011
    Hears to that Wink
  • ReadingMama
    edited November 2011

Finally watched the Mom's Jean video - very funny!!  Although my pants are high, at least they (almost) all have zippers, buttons and no elastic!

Christine - I did read that story!  The fake PS had supposedly done it on herself too.  Glad she is finally arrested, who knows how many poor women/men she injected with horrible stuff??

• christine47
    edited November 2011

ReadingMama, hope you have some yoga pants for your surgery.  Maybe these will be the "mom jeans" of the next decade.

I heard today that one of the woman she worked on died and another is serious condition, so crazy.  What we will do for beauty and to save money.

• bdavis
    edited November 2011

OMG.. saw the butt photos.. what is wrong with people?

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2011

Hey Everyone...

I am behind and know I will forget something so please forgive me..

Kiwimum...your hair looks great..so happy for you and you will be done so very soon.  I will say and it may just be me but I felt so odd at that point just not having to DO anything anymore ..on a regular basis.

Eema....I hope you are feeling better..I can't remember what type of "beverage" you mentioned having..if I lived closer I would sit and enjoy one with you...Take care of yourself

Odie...yes..if you love food ...you are my buddy!! Lol   I love just about everything (except boiled peanuts) Lol

Christine..I did not know big butts are in..I wish big thighs were in..I got those...I swear I have the weirdest body..no butt, big legs,long torso and we have already covered the big hands/feet situation ...but I am happy anyway

I don't have mom jeans but I do have 80's jeans...they come to my chest...Lol   I once had a fanny pack..Oh and parachute pants too  --  HAMMERTIME--...Lol

Ok once again...a story..parachute pants often require a story....My brother had them and one day I visted my family and my father said to my brother.."tell your sister what you did"  my brother said  " I was wearing these pants ( parachute pants) and my wallet fell out of the pocket" My dad said ..."What else.." My brother said "Twice"...he lost two wallets due to parachute pants..my father was a Marine...they don't do parachute pants so he was just PO'd...This may not sound funny but at the time ...was very funny to me ..dad just couldn't get the fashion thing.

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2011

Gee..I forgot the best part...HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all...you are special,wonderful ladies...We will be off to Tennessee...EAT,Drink..and be very merry!!!

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2011

WOOO HOOOO Big Butts and Mom Jeans - I'm sooooo In now!  I thought I was dreaming this morning, getting ready for work and some commercial comes on the TV about MOM JEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't seen it, and I can't even tell you what the commercial was REALLY about cause I was laughing so hard I couldn't hear the TV! It was wonderful to laugh that hard, good thing I was wearing my "Ipad" or I peed, either way....I tell my friends I've entered the "Poised" part of my life. thank you chemo....lol.

Who said Devo? I'm in with a side of B-52's, you know I used to give out my number at high school dances....867-0305...thank goodness only the true techies had internet then.  My cousin used to put his phone on this round thingy he called a modem and play games with people on the computer - I truly thought he was nuts! lol.

• proudmom_wife
    proudmom_wife Member Posts: 176
    edited November 2011

You ladies are great, your comments make me laugh.

Wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.  Even if you do not celebrate it or celebrate it at a different time, I am thankful to all of you for sharing your experiences. 

I had my revision surgery on Monday.  The revision itself went well, looks like I am more 'balanced' now, but I had issues with the anesthesia and am just now feeling better.  Wouldn't you know it.  The easiest and shortest of the three surgies I have had this year and it is the one that I had issues with the anesthesia.  My silver linings from it, being more 'balanced' and not having to do the Thanksgiving meal.  I get to once again relax and just enjoy.  Although I honestly do enjoy putting the meal together.

Loved WKRP turkey episodes, stil makes me laugh just thinking about it. 

• marthah
    edited November 2011

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

• marthah
    edited November 2011

"It's a helicopter, and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it, I can't quite make it out, it's a large banner and it says, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From ... W ... K ... R... P!! No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Not since the Hindenburg tragedy has there been anything like this!"

• marthah
    edited November 2011

Bwahahahahahaha! I'm going to have to watch the whole episode now!

• ReadingMama
    edited November 2011

Martha - very funny!

Ok, I will confess, today I am wearing flat front pants (no zipper) (but also no pleats!) with an elastic waistband in the back. Yes, pockets.  On sale at Kohls!Smile

Christine - I haven't been able to figure out what yoga pants are????  I do have sweats and that is why I brought out the maternity clothes, I thought they would help.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

• christine47
    edited November 2011

Martha, your cracking me up.

Readingmama, yoga pants are alot like sweats, but thinner fabric, sit lower on the waist and if long they may have boot cut  They are actually fairly flattering in fit.  I bought some at Target and they don't look bad.  I like flat front pants, especially if you are not tucking in shirts (no extra bulk).

I just found some really cute jeans at Ann Taylor, they have petite lengths.  They are their "curvy fit" and boot cut, dark wash.  Everything in store was 40% off.  There were 2 high school age girls in the fitting room and they assured me I looked good, said they wished there mom would wear more stylish jeans (so I guess they were saying I was old enough to be their mom).

safe travels kmur!

Proudwife, glad your surgery went well, what did you need done?

Sagina, now I have that 867-5309 song stuck in my head.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!