Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TE TROUBLE

Comments

• DLL66
    DLL66 Member Posts: 448
    edited June 2013

Roadwarrior, that's a pretty good-sized implant. Give 'em some time. Smile

• melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371
    edited June 2013

Patricia, glad to hear from you. I had tes during radiation then I waited 3 months and had my exchange to implants. Its been like 3 weeks since surgery and Im still having some pain on my radiated side but I had this pain before surgery as well. Lots of women have rads and then get implants.

Roadwarrior, I know exactly how you feel but I read somewhere on here that the reason the tes look bigger is because they have a hard back that makes them project more. I dont know. But I was also disappointed at first. Im not so much now. I dont know if they look better now or if im just used to them. And truthfully I dont ever want another surgery again. lol

Healing hugs ladies

• psalms91
    psalms91 Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013

Psalms checking in, slow n steady....that's my mantra now.

Alright road warrior glad to hear from you take it easy,

Ladies my PS said that I could put on any kind of bra 3days post op.?

I have opt to continue to wear the surgical bra until my follow up on Friday.

I want to bathe so bad, on top of everything I am having hot flashes, not good.

I wish I knew what size I had and if they were high profile( sounds interesting).

Actually they look pretty good.

TTYL.......Ladies

• chickadee521
    chickadee521 Member Posts: 423
    edited June 2013

Roadwarrior-I have 450cc and I now measure a DD (18 months later).  I was a C right after exchange.  I feel so bad for you that you are disappointed.  I dont think it sounds vain at all.  I was an A before BMX and am happy with my C/DD.  Here's hoping they fluff out on you some!

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited June 2013

psalms - my PS said I could wear whatver bra I wanted as long as it was NOT underwire.

• DLL66
    DLL66 Member Posts: 448
    edited June 2013

Seems like every PS is different when it comed to bra recommendations. Surprised Mine had me in a tight underwire as soon as I could tolerate it after swapping out a saline for a silicone implant with pocket work. My PS allowed showering with drains in as well.

• thirdgenerationmomof2
    thirdgenerationmomof2 Member Posts: 65
    edited June 2013

Road I'm 4 wks post op exchange and can now see a difference in the new girls. They are much fluffier and are sticking out more. I got Mentor high profile silicone rounds 400 & 450 cc and went bra shopping the other day and fit nicely into a 38 C. Give it some time. Things do change the farther out we get from exchange once they have settled in.

Jen

• melmcbee
    edited June 2013

Hi ladies. Im just curious if anyone is having pain on their radiated side 3 weeks post exchange?

• roadwarrior28
    roadwarrior28 Member Posts: 161
    edited June 2013

Thanks everyone. I'm now 3 days post op and am already feeling better about the foobs. Yes, they are smaller than the expanders were, but look amazingly natural...my husband said he can't tell the difference between these and what my real ones looked like before the BMX. I even got a slight droop and everything.

Not sure what size I am yet so will have to wait and see...I ordered a bunch of different sizes from VS just in case :)

• mrenee68
    mrenee68 Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013

Roadwarrior glad to hear that things are starting to improve. Give it time they will continue to change, your mind has to adjust to the new you. Rest and be good to yourself. Happy healing!

• melmcbee
    edited June 2013

Glad you are happy. healing hugs to all

• psalms91
    edited June 2013

Hey ladies, I went for a follow up.I asked her my size my doctor response was a model 20,700 high profile....please explain.I felt dopey when I went out today....

• psalms91
    edited June 2013

I wish I knew how to add to the bottom of mt profile....

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2013

Had my fourth fill of 100 Cc on my RB, today.  I had taken Vicodin  before so earlier I was fine but now I'm hurting.  Tonight the right side of my neck and shoulder are really aching.  My PS still will not tell me how many fills I have left. He keeps saying it depends on how large Iwant to be. I go in every two weeks so I must have 400 to 500 CCs already.I am scheduled for the next fill in 2 weeks. Also I am filling up and stretching mostly at the top of my chest close to my collarbone.  I was wondering if this is normal--my PS just says it looks good.  The TE example and videos, I see on the Internet makes it look like they even out both side when filling.  My TE will never look like the other since my upper chest is what is what expanding the most.  There is also a small hump at the bottom of chest but it doesn't seem to be filling in the middle where the incision is--so it looks weird.

• psalms91
    edited June 2013

Special K -thanks...I enjoyed the site

• stepmic
    stepmic Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013

Hi,

I have a question. Did anyone get central back pain that started after TE surgery and fills? Seems like it could be connected. If I am standing for too long or moving too much it gets really sore. Could be change in bras and not having huge prosthesis to balance me as I am UMX.

Thanks.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited June 2013

Hello all.  I've been MIA from this thread because (and I almost hate to admit it) I don't really have any problems any longer with my TEs.......don't virtually smack me, k?  The longer I had them and the fuller they got the less they bothered me.  When I first got on this thread I remember someone sayint 'you really do get used to them' and I though 'What a crock, there's no way I could ever get used to these things. How the f**k am I going to last 6-8 months!!!!'  But, it was true for me. All I really feel now is a slight 'iron bra' sensation.  Not uncomfortable, just 'there'.  I've been spending more time on the Exchange City, Nipple Reconstruction, Breast Implant Sizing 101 and Arimidex threads. 

Some of you will remember me and I see many new names too.  I am so, so sorry for those of you who are new to this issue and also those who continue to have pain, irritation, discomfort, anxiety, and everything else that can go along with this journey.  Sometimes you're in my prayers by name and always you're part of the 'everybody else in the whole wide world' part Smile.

I'm currently an exchange sister in waiting.  My last fill was mid April and my exchange will be on August 7, my 52nd birthday.  It's birthday boobs for me this year!  I'm in 600cc TEs that are filled to 750cc. They're very, VERY firm and I am very, VERY much looking forward to what I hope will be a very, VERY dramatic change in feel. I'll be exchanging to 750cc Allergan style 20 high profile implants.    I truly hope they feel 'squishy' and soft like I keep reading.

Bless you all and gentle (((((((hugs)))))) to everyone.

• Michele2013
    Michele2013 Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2013

Hi Ladies, I finished radiation on the 18th and saw my ps the same week. I do not have TE's yet. I will see him again next month. My question is, what are my chances of getting TE's at the end of next month?

My bs left enough skin so all he will have to do is make an incision under what would be my breast or the crease.

I understand the healing after rads, he did say my skin looked really good.

Thank you

• MichelleRN78
    MichelleRN78 Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2013

I think that my right TE has a leak.  About a week after fill it looks flat.  Anyone out there that has experienced a leak have any words of wisdom?  I don't know what to expect.  I told my PS that I thought it was leaking last time I saw him but he didn't seem concerned.  I called on Friday and left a message but didn't get a response.  I really don't want to have a new TE placed and have to deal with drains again.  If it's not one thing it's another, can't I just catch a break..................

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited June 2013

michelle - there have been a few ladies on this thread who have had a leak.  It happens more often then people think - it is either a fault in the expander, or a puncture caused by a fold in the TE which is punctured when getting a fill.  When I had my left TE replaced I did not have a drain.

• chickadee521
    chickadee521 Member Posts: 423
    edited June 2013

Hey Michelle - I am one of those ladies.  I leaked after my very last fill.  Ironic I know.  Mine was a puncuture of the needle during a fill and when I reached a certain capacity the TE would just relieve itself until the hole closed.  I leaked fast enough that my PS thought that even though it was my last fill we'd be taking a short cut not having it replaced.  Of course this was during chemo so we had to wait.  I did not have drains.  I filled up very quiclky and was exchanged within 3 months of getting a new TE.

• andrea623
    andrea623 Member Posts: 572
    edited June 2013

Michele2013, I had my TEs placed at the time of my BMX, but I did end up having radiation too. Most plastic surgeons won't attempt surgery on a radiated breast for at least 6 months after your final treatment, although there are some that will do it sooner. Has your PS given you a time line? I'm having my exchange to implants on July 10, which is 7 months after I finished rads. Good luck and let us know what you find out!

• Michele2013
    Michele2013 Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2013

He did not give me a timeline. Just seemed really positive. I hope I am the sooner. You must be excited about your exchange, it is right around the corner.

Thank you for your input :)

• keepswimming
    keepswimming Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2013

Hello Ladies,

I'm new to this thread and have obsessively been reading your posts. Thank you all for sharing your journey. I had my TEs placed at time of BMX, April 8. I have enough pain to need meds after fills for a few days (3-4). Then I have constant tightness (iron bra?) and some burning still after 3 weeks since last fill. Just curious what the average cc fill is. My PS has been doing 75 to 100. Would I have less pain if the fill is less? Sometimes I think this was a mistake, hard to function on a daily basis with the pain. Hope this doesn't sound like I'm whining, as I see many of you are dealing with much more than me, just need to mentally prepare for days ahead.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited June 2013

keepswimming: I would recommend slowing down on the fills.  My PS put in 100cc at time of placement. At two, three and four weeks out he did another 100cc each time.  I was numb enough that I couldn't really tell if it was too much or not so I was miserable for over a month.  That's when, THANK GOD, I found this thread and figured out we were filling too fast.  I slowed him down to 50cc at a time, plus had a change in pain meds from Norco to Neurontin (Gabapentin) which is a nerve pain med.  I never had another problem with fills other than just a little tightness.  Last fill was April 11 and my exchange is August 7.

Hang in there, though.  If you slow down on the fills you'll get the pain/discomfort under control.  Mine felt less and less uncomfortable the fuller they got.  My final capacity is 750cc in 600cc TEs.  They're very firm right now but not uncomfortable.....hard to believe at the point you're at right now but you really can and do get used to them.

Gentle (((((((hugs))))))) sent your way!

• andrea623
    andrea623 Member Posts: 572
    edited June 2013

I agree with sweetandspecial, smaller fills won't cause as much pain and discomfort. I was only filled to 150 after my BMX, and my fills were 60-75cc. My last fill was uncomfortable, but after a while, the discomfort went away. I'm not saying I love these things, but most of the time now, I don't even think about them.

Hang in there!

• momof3infla
    momof3infla Member Posts: 333
    edited June 2013

Hi ladies!!  Just thought I'd check in and give an update.  I've had 2 sessions with my tattoo guy in Oldsmar, FL (once/month).  He says the tattoo process will take about a year.  He starts by going back and forth over the scar lines with the needles, just like you're getting a tattoo but no ink.  He calls it "scar relaxation", and says that he will completely erase the scarsby breaking up all the scar tissue!  How wonderful!!  So I went a month ago for my first session.  Scar is smooth as a baby's butt and looks great.  Went again this past week.  But he says that he won't put any ink/color on until my PS finishes with the last revision on my left side.  (The scar moved up about 1/4 inch after all that scar tissue was cut out at exchange & there was lots of extra space & skin).  So I saw the PS today and we are scheduling for mid to late August for the very last procedure!
    (Renn I will get you the date as soon as I find out). She says she just needs to clip the skin down under the left breast to even everything out.  Then I can resume the tattoo process.  Special K, you should come check it out with me sometime:) Very happy in this stage of the game.  Good Onco appt last week as well. 

Roadwarrior, my PS said that when recon started that she could hopefully get me to a "C" cup size.  When I went to VS to get measured I was a D!!!  That was a fun visit!!  Give it time and it sounds like you will be very happy with the end result.

GM, thinking of you all the time.  How are you??

• roadwarrior28
    roadwarrior28 Member Posts: 161
    edited June 2013

Did anyone have redness/bruising up towards the collarbone after exchange? My PS said he had to do rescission there so it's to be expected - not even 100% sure what that meAns or why it'd be that high?

Also do any of you ladies who have implants feel it move around? I feel my right all the time and that's how it was with expander too. Nothing on the left....

As far as bra size I feel that I look smaller but tried smaller bras and was spilling out the sides. Back to 32d it is - just less roundness in the cleavage line

• momof3infla
    momof3infla Member Posts: 333
    edited June 2013

Roadwarrior, I feel like my implant on the right side moves, especially when I'm jogging.  It's a really weird sensation, but I guess it's pretty normal.