Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• MamaV
    MamaV Member Posts: 373
    edited December 2011

Praise God for them understanding our panics and for the great news Merilee!

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited December 2011

Merilee:

Happy for you.  Peace of mind is so much better.... Now you can concentrate on getting well and having a Happy Holiday Season:Sealed

Vickie

• lrw333
    lrw333 Member Posts: 142
    edited December 2011
    Whoo Hooo!!! I was so worried.  So glad everything is alright.  I hope you can rest now.... This is wonderful news...   Wink
  • katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited December 2011

Merilee, Thank God. I am so happy for you.

• katehudson25
    edited December 2011

I am a little nervous about my surgery tomorrow. It is just for implants and lifts, but I will be under anesthesia for 3 hours or more. My surgeon told me that It will be more painful than either of the two lumpectomys I had. Mt surgery is at 9 am, and I am hoping to be home by 2.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited December 2011

Sending you a hug Kate!

• katehudson25
    edited December 2011

Thank you SAB

• Elizabeth1889
    Elizabeth1889 Member Posts: 509
    edited December 2011

Merilee, I am so happy for you.

• lrw333
    edited December 2011

Kate Hugs and Prayers for tomorrow. Wishing you well. Please let us know how you are doing...

• Merilee
    Merilee Member Posts: 734
    edited December 2011

Thank you everyone. That was about as scared as I have been. I appreciate all the positive energy and support. You gals are just the best.

Kate, I will be thinking of you in the morning. I am sure it will go off without a glitch and you will be up and well very soon. As soon as your head unfogs be sure to let us know that you are ok.

Hugs

Merilee

• katehudson25
    edited December 2011

THank you irw333 and Merilee. When I am able to tomorrow I will let you know that I am ok

• neecee
    neecee Member Posts: 125
    edited December 2011

Merilee, so happy for you!

Kate - You will be in my prayers for tomorrow to go well!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited December 2011

Merilee I am so happy you were seen so soon and found out it was nothing!  Whew!  I feel so bad I haven't been around much and missed this earlier.  I am thrilled all is well and now you can just relax.  I am so, so happy for your good news!!!!

Big big hugs to you!

• katehudson25
    edited December 2011

Thank you Neece.

• justmejanis
    edited December 2011

Kate..thinking of you today and hope all goes well with your surgery.  Much luck and healing hugs your way! 

• katehudson25
    edited December 2011

Thank you Janis. I am leaving for the hospital in an hour. My surgery is at 9 am Los Angeles time. I will post when I come home.

• justmejanis
    edited December 2011

I am sure it will all go well Kate.  You have a lot of friends here cheering you on.  We will be anxious to hear how it goes.  I have all fingers and toes crossed for a very speedy recovery.  Post when you can!!  Much luck to you!!  HUGS!!!!

• stephN
    stephN Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2011

Merilee, so thrilled to hear that all is well!

Kate, praying that your surgery goes well and you have a great outcome!  Please let us know how things go :)

Blessings,

Steph 

• granuaile
    granuaile Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2011

Hi all,

I've been closely following all of your stories, and I hope you're all coping well. I finished my proton radiation treatments last Thursday. I took part in this study because the longterm effects on heart/lungs are hopefully less than traditional radiation (I didn't do recon). My skin is burned to pieces, including open skin under my arm. But I wouldn't have done anything differently. Thanks to all at MGH in Boston, who have taken such good care of me. And good luck to all of you!!!

Kate 

• Merilee
    edited December 2011

Granuaile- Glad to hear  you are finished. One thing that helped me as I wolud gaze in awe of my burnt to a crisp skin was to tell myself that nothing could have lived through that.

Now it is time to start healing- deep breath.

• granuaile
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Merilee. I agree with the deep breathing - so glad I have all of you along on this journey with me-

Kate
  • lrw333
    edited December 2011

Congratulations Granuaile!!!   So glad you are finished.... I hope you heal soon. Gentle Hugs....

• granuaile
    edited December 2011

Thank you, Irw - makes me weepy hearing from all of my sisters on the forum. I'm thinking good thoughts of you all each day and hoping we're all done with this soon!!!

• Merilee
    edited December 2011

Hi everybody, please do me a favor and look at the thread called " Lets draft a letter to Washington", we need your input!

• katehudson25
    edited December 2011

I got home from the hospital 3 hours ago, but I was feeling to exhausted to post. I am ok. I have taken no pain meds, and all I am feeling is a slight nerve pain.I still feel exhaused and dehydrated. I can't seem to get enough water. The surgery was a little long 3 and a half hours, so maybe all that anesthesia is making me so dry.As you all know I live alone, but I have a wonderful friend who is helping me. My chilfren live in another city.My friend picked me up from the hospital, bought groceries for me, and picked up my prescriptions. She said if I need anything to call her, and she will come running. Thank you all for the positive thoughts you had for me. They worked, because I am fine. Love and billions of Hugs!

• justmejanis
    edited December 2011

Kate I am so happy to hear you are home and doing so well.  It is great to have a good friend to help you out too.  Don't hesitate to call her if you need her please!!

One more major procedure behind you.  Whew!  It just has to start getting better for you soon.  I am thinking of you.  Take the best of care.  REST!!!!!! 

• katehudson25
    edited December 2011

Thank you so much Stephn, Granuaole, and Janis. This is my last major procedure, I hope. I have a right breast mammogram Feb 6, 6months after the cancer surgery, but that is it. I might have to do physical therapy for my back, but that is not a major procedure. So, I am done, done, and more done. with a little more breast and cleavage wahoo!. I went from a B to a C. I am hoping to sleep like a baby tonight, and again thank you Sistas for all of your positive thoughts that brought me a great outcome today.

• Elizabeth1889
    Elizabeth1889 Member Posts: 509
    edited December 2011

Kate, I am glad you are doing so well.  I hope you will get a very good night's sleep tonight.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited December 2011

Glad to hear things are good with you Kate.  Good night!

• Merilee
    edited December 2011

Kate, glad you are home and have a friend looking after you. We need people in our corners. Rest and recover fast!