Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2014

Hi y'all!

You lady's are moving so fast! Ha Ha with all those poor devoured Chocolate Easter Bunnies y'all are so guilty and busted...explains the sugar rush going on in all the pockets!

Kate - so thrilled you are having such a wonderful time with family :D  Soak it all in...spicy food and all!  We will try and slow down time...heavy pockets should be able to push back the hands of time...lots of video clips of family so you can play over and over!  Enjoy

Lili - ugh, so sorry, but yeah done and now we will continue the pocket party waiting on results. Fingers&toes crossed for good results and ice more ice please.  Hope you can breathe and get lost in family and friends over the weekend!

Joan - ah, summer is coming...give everyone a P no more grades just pass or fail...wouldn't they all go bonkers over their gpa! Beach time soon...fire ring with the GKs and s'mores :)))

Josie - busy day care weekend...wow! Hands are full.  Fingers&toes are crossed for your results on Thursday!

Lemon - Cinco De Mayo we are so ready...loaded pockets playlist....sending clam confident thoughts and prayers!  breathe, blow some bubbles, frisbee with the dog, drive with the top down and enjoy this week...:)))

Janis - the cakeball neighbor:)  luck neighbors!  Kiddos for not bailing you are one tough lady!  Good results must be coming. 

BigD - is your skin turning to peaches and cream! Yeah, for days weeks, years, out when BC is not such a in your face thing...but then there is standing in front of the mirror...perky girl:)

Brookside - great planning...Mothers Day gets a added bonus...great planning.  Enjoy the meet up and take pics!

Our little town has a Red Poppy Celebration this weekend...going to stroll through the square...love vintage towns...major revival in DT...a friend from TX Hill Country Warriors said to come for some animal shelter puppy kisses...can't resist...

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

Oh, Kate...we will try and get you a better seat on your return...but you better add a suitcase...Chicago has way too good food&shopping&memories

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited April 2014

Bigdbeating and Cindy thanks so much for the support.

I am having a great time because you all are in my pockets. Tonight we are going out to dinner and more shopping. My 6 year old granddaughter and 10 year old granddaughters love claire's. My 2 older ones like Forever 21. My only grandson likes cars and trucks from whatever store we get them. You are so right Cindy. What we get here is food, shopping, and most of all great memories.

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2014

Cindy, sweet lady, I am on the mend and two weeks away from the rads!  Yes, having some peeling now and still a little pain but totally tolerable.  Thank you for thinking of me and big hugs to you!

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited April 2014

This is my brother in law Matt. He is pretty special and we are blessed to have him.We actually are babysitting at his house . This pic was taken last year at his workshop program where he spends the day.

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited April 2014

Josie, what a beautiful smile Matt has! Your in laws are lucky he has an aunt like you.  Not many would be so loving and kind.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Thanks Susannah actually Im his sister in law.I feel like Im the lucky one. Hes so sweet.Always smiling.We have to walk him into the bathroom and he leans on you with all his weight .He had fallen about 5 yrs ago and broke his hip and now really has trouble walking .My mother in law has gotten so bad with her leg pain he wont even walk for her.Hes afraid she will fall so they have to take him in the wheel chair.But he will walk for me thank goodness.

• SusannahW
    edited April 2014

he sounds so sweet!  Our own son has developmental disabilities, and we would love tohave a relative to care for him from time to time-our Thomas is a blessing, but like Matt, requires extra work, and having a loving relative who will step up is rare.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Susannah I love every minute of caring for him even the messy times.Part of me thinks I missed my calling to be doing this for a living but it is kind of strenuous. He weighs more than me and is a grown man.Luckily he isnt very tall so at least that helps when getting him around the house.We used to babysit a lot more but with me working my mother in law usually gets someone else.We take the kids and the dog with us and spend the weekend.Her son still lives at home and is my age.He does great with Matt too but has a life of his own (bachelor) so I guess they dont want to make him change his plans.

• I remember you telling us about your son. He sounds sweet.Thanks for sharing.Im sorry you dont have support from your family.
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited April 2014

Josie he literally beams sweetness!  He is a nice looking young man. I love those bright blue eyes.  I agree with Susannah, he is lucky to have you in his life. 

We have been working outside most of the day.  We have rocks to put in the island, we got them free from someone and we had to shovel them up into their trailer.  They live on the next block and were happy to leave the trailer here for us to unload.  A former neighbor agreed to help us get them onto the island.  My poor DH has such terrible lung issues and getting those rocks shoveled was awful.  Branden is a doll and he is happy to work for cheesecake, LOL.  Neither his mom or his live in girlfriend can cook or bake, he loves my food.  I made a NY style cheesecake and topped it with cherry compote I made.  Poor DH is unhappy he can't have any!  Branden would not mind one bit, he loves Chuck and he would share!  Tomorrow honey!  :)

It is so good to see you again Susannah.  I hope all is well in your world.

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited April 2014

Kate all this eating, shopping and loving is good for the soul! enjoy.

Josie, what a great smile. I am sure he knows he is loved and that is wonderful. So nice of you to come and stay with him. Enjoy your time with him.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Thanks Lemon.Your sweet.

Janis, My in laws have a Golden retriever his name is Hank.

Im going to try to share his pic.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Hank and his playmate for the weekend our dog Lacey is on the right
  • katehudson25
    edited April 2014

Josie someone already second what Suzannah said, but I 3rd it. Your brother-in-law is special, but so is our Josie. I love the photo. He is a nice looking guy.

I had a great time today. My granddaughters had such a good time at Claire's. They bought lots of earrings, sunglasses, a necklace, hair bows, notebooks and more. I bought myself eye shadow and earrings, Then we went for a very nice dinner.

Tomorrow I have 10 cousins coming  to the hotel for brunch. They will leave around noon, and then a little later my children and grandchildren are coming here. We are going to have Greek food delivery. Then we are going to play board games and card games with the kids. It is going to be so tough to leave here. 

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Aww.. thanks Kate, your too sweet.

I'm so happy your doing ok on your trip 10 cousins? Wow!! Sounds like a good time.And board games later with the kids? Sounds like a great time.Enjoy the Greek food.Have some Baklova for me since I'm allergic to nuts. Can't have that treat anymore.My youngest DD Claire also loves shopping.In fact she had a field trip yesterday with her teacher to the mall.They rode the metro link train downtown.She brought her Easter money $50 and spent every last dime almost.She bought jewelry and sunglasses.Not all for herself though.She bought me a pair of Cardinal earrings and her sister  earrings and her friend a necklace with her name on it.

I'm tired today. Didn't get too much sleep. My son fell asleep before dinner because he was up all night Friday night on his computer.Well he wakes up around 2 am looking for his computer and Hungry for dinner.Then my Father in laws alarm went off way too early.On my second cup of coffee now.Scared

• josie123
    edited April 2014

This is my mother in law and her great grandbaby little John.Looks like they are enjoying their trip.
  • SusannahW
    edited April 2014

just beautiful Josie!

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Thanks!! 

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2014

Hi Josie, what a sweet gift for you and by you.  I just wanted to tell you that I applied for my current organization 29 times.  Yes, 29 times.  I made it into the interview process a couple of times.  The job I was hired for posted the position in December, interviewed in January and hired in September.  Don't ever give up!

Janis, I'm so, so glad that test is behind you.  Honestly, you'd think that less unpleasant, invasive procedures could be found.  

Kate, I am just tickled that you are having such a love-fest with your family!  You deserve it.  I hope you are wearing compression when you fly!

Lilli-I have been flitting in and out of the board and haven't "met" you, but just wanted to add my support to what you are going through. 

Hi everyone else.  No more shout outs, as I am hopelessly behind.  We have hosted thousands upon thousands this month at various school events, and as my academic sisters here know, student decisions are due on May 1st. I am taking May 2nd off Loopy

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and I want to know how a 1 pound box of chocolate can add 5 pounds to our bodies!  

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Thanks Sab, I know I need to keep looking and you never know maybe they just haven't made a decision yet either.My manager kept me about 1 1/2  hours past closing time Friday night so we could have this new system in place for Monday.Maybe now she realizes how long it actually takes since we did it together.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited April 2014

Josie - that is such a sweet pic of your brother in law and those two precious dogs. I am such a dog lover. If I could take every single one of them home from the shelter I would. My nephew has CP and is 23 years old. He is over 6 feet tall. My brother and sister in law have 3 other kids as well. Taylor is a special guy too. Husband and I are his godparents. He doesn't talk but he does walk...a lot. When I worked at Fedex in the Engine Shop they had this promo for United Way and my brother and sister in law were featured on this video and it was about Taylor. It was so sweet and heartbreaking. My brother said he hoped one day Taylor would say daddy. He lives in his own world and is content to be there. They are such good parents. My brother is so active in any and everything to do with special needs. Taylor graduated from high school last year and is going to another school which relocated to Collierville where we live. There are so many kids out there who need help; what an injustice that funds for these kids is always one of the first cut. Maybe the people who do that need to stop and think what if they had a special needs child. Diane

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

OMG what a precious baby Josie.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Thanks Diane, I know these special needs kids have a special place in my heart.We have an Autistic son.He is very high functioning and attends regular classes in High School.He doesn't socialize much and lives in his own little computer world but we love him just the same.Your nephew is very lucky to have an aunt like you.I know how heartbreaking it is to not have your child talk.Andy said his first sentence at the age of 5 yrs.It was" I love you mom" it still makes me cry when I talk about it.He's very verbal now though. 

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Diane, yes he's a cutie.He was like 4 weeks early but I'm sure he'll be a football player someday like his daddy . College football.I haven't seen him in person yet either but can't wait till they move to St louis in a few weeks.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2014

Josie - ah, luv the pics!  BIL, doggies, newborn ...what an amazing weekend full of blessings!  Great Heart :D

Kate - extra large pockets and trunks to take home vacation memories...xoxo

SAB - those chocolate bunnies start bouncing when they see the scales...a thumping.  Here's to May 2!

Just a few more hours to soak in the weekend fun!

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

Josie, Sab, and Cindy that's for the support.

Josie wonderful photo of your mother-in-law and her great grandbaby.

Sab, sure I have compression hose, but forget them at home.

Cindy I will be fine on the plane with  everyone in my pockets.

I had a great trip. It will be so tough to leave here tomorrow.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Kate,hope you have a safe trip home.Glad you had such a great time.You deserve it.

I'm kind of down today.Had a really rotten day at work yesterday.My manager actually did some babysitting.She literally wanted to know my routine start to finish and more or less Sat there watching me work and even proceeded to tell me that I need to be more organized and even pointed out the fact that My schedule should be full and went back to March pointed out how empty my schedule was and stated there should be no reason your behind with a schedule like that.I'm so looking for a different job today.Miracles do happen.I've never felt so embarrassed and worthless.

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

Good grief Josie. What a bummer having someone breathe down your neck like that. Not very professional of her. In an earlier post I mentioned I worked with a lady, and I use that term loosely, who was the bane of my existence. It took every ounce of self control I had not to smack her and I am not a violent person. I don't know how you manage to do anything with her sitting there criticizing your every move. I hope you hear from that job you applied for soon. Maybe you could call them and just ask. Whatever happens with that job keep on keeping on because you will find something hopefully sooner rather than later. Diane

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Thanks Diane, I did apply for like2or 3jobs on line this morning.MY hubby and I are spending the day off today together.We are going to the ballgame tonight compliments of my work.We get 2 tickets once a year to a game. box seats 1st base box.

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited April 2014

Josie- I hope you are at the game and having a marvelous time! So sorry to hear she gave you such a hard time and made you feel that way. Hopefully you will hear from some of the places you have applied. Some people put down others in the workplace to make themselves look better, sounds like this might be happening. Remember Karma is a B***H! Its a shame sometimes you are there to see it come around.

Kate- Happy easy travels for you today. I am sure it was hard to go but you will have more trips like this in your future.

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

Have a good time at the game Josie...I have been to Busch stadium a few times. Not a Cardinals fan - long time NYY fan...