Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited July 2014

Right there with you today, Josie.  Sending strength, calm, peace, and victory!

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited July 2014

pocket party with Josie!  I'll bring a bat just in case. Anyone got a stun gun?

• brooksidevt
    edited July 2014

I've got a water pistol--works well with cats--they hiss and slink off.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited July 2014

Thanks everybody.I'll do the best I can to hold it together until2:30 pm when the meeting happens.At this point I just want to get it over with.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited July 2014

Just remember Josie you have done your best while dealing with very difficult medical issues. They may take your job but not your self respect. Can't do the pocket thing but sure can and will send prayers your way. You already proved you are a strong person so whatever happens you will deal with it - same as always. 

Good luck!

Diane 

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited July 2014

Where is the "like" button 70's charger and brookside? LOL...stun guns and water pistols. Hey, I grew up in a rough city Bridgeport CT. Just TELLING someone that usually strikes fear so Josie, tell your boss your friend grew up in "the port" and see her turn white as a ghost...LOL

Hugs to all...gotta get some work done!

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited July 2014

Thinking about you today, Josie, from my desk here.  You go get 'em girl!!!

• LiLi-RI
    LiLi-RI Member Posts: 160
    edited July 2014

Good luck Josie! I will be thinking of you today!

• ohiofan
    ohiofan Member Posts: 152
    edited July 2014

Good luck, Josie!

• Dogsneverlie
    Dogsneverlie Member Posts: 164
    edited July 2014

Thinking of you Josie, hugs for support

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited July 2014

Hi ladies - Just popping in. BT arrives tomorrow afternoon. Lets hope his trip goes well and his dog survives. It is a toy size dog that they are supposed to let stay with him under his seat in the cabin. if not he will n ot board.

Does anyone with kids or grandkids know of a good childrens vitamin? My dr told me that since I am so sensitive to meds and all pills to start taking a childrens vitamin and then we can build up. I do that with OTC meds anyway. Not sure where to start. Ideas?

Josie - I have a friend who knows someone bad that can come help you. Just sayin....ok that is true but I feel really bad about how they are treating you. Makes me want ot put out a hit. I agree with everyone. Do not quit. Make them fire you. They want you to quit so they look all rosey. Hopefully today went ok for you. Hate people like that. I have to get a bone test soon and will be thinking of you.

BigD - I think the exercises for vertigo are mildly helping. It has been about 2 weeks and I have to go 8 to see if they will help. I am so sick of hearing the words "inconclusive" and "we can not find anything". I am trying not to think about your surgery till I need to jump in your pocket.

Cindy - So glad the infusion went well for you. Those things are scary because once the meds are in you there is no turning back. I am eating a skinny cow cone to help you celebrate.

Brookside - I am feeling about 20% better doing the execises. When I start them I get very dizzy but do not spin. After I have done them I rest. About an hour later I can move around. Some days are better than others. They are still looking at Menieres and also Sarcoidosis my other disease. It can attach it self to the thyroid glad and cause a host of problems. The treatment is big doses of steroids for a year. No thanks. This 6mg I take a day is enough. When I was on 40mgs I was almost crazy. Will  keep you posted on my results.

April. Sew,Edwards. Gigil, all newbies and some returning old memebers, Run free - Just saying hello.

I can not remember who asked about the sore boob but mine is still very sore when I wear any bra that lifts it up. I can wear the Genie bra ok but my boobs hang down lower. So when I have to look a bit up I have another type. I get shoots of pain all day I have it on and for two days after I take it off. I still use the aquaphor ointment on my nipple and scar. If I do not and it rubs the bra I get sore. It has been almost two years. I asked my surgeon and he just said it is normal for some people to be that sensitive. Thanks....just great. Also rads made the ringing in my ears twice as bad and it never went away. However that dark burned skin around my boob has finally started to rub off and I am not as dark there. 1 day at a time....

• edwards750
    edited July 2014

Bunkie -sorry about the vertigo. Had that once but mysteriously went away. No meds. Had gotten really bad - dizzy to the point couldn't keep my head straight or sit for long periods of time. Dr sent me for MRI - DX vertigo. Never had another incident bizarre. I know you are frustrated. Don't blame you. Inconclusive? Gee thanks. 

Not the one with a sore boob - mine is numb. 

Diane 

• april485
    edited July 2014

Josie, hoping that today went well for you!

Hi Bunkie! Enjoy the time with your BT!

Gotta run but wanted to check and see if Josie posted anything.

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited July 2014

Hey Bunkie.  I cannot help with children's vitamins, but if you ever get to the point of taking other "adult" vitamins or supplements, send me a PM and I will tell you who I go to.  He is not inexpensive, but all of his products are made in powder form so they break down in your bloodstream immediately and he boasts no stomach problems no matter how many of his products you take.  I have been taking his vitamins and supplements for many years and I used to get colds all the time, now never.

Glad the exercises seem to be helping you.  I had to discontinue the diuretic I was on, and so far I have been okay, but it was too hard on my calcium levels and my kidneys are being watched too now closely as BUN and Creatinine are continuing to climb.  I will be happy to have you in my pocket come Monday.  I get nervous each day as it gets closer, but think I am more nervous about the dx than the surgery.  But gotta get it done and I keep telling myself I will get a nice break from work and be able to sleep all I like, so that helps my spirits a little bit.  Even though I need to be working!  hahaha.  And I will be waited on hand and foot in the hospital and I am going to call Dr. McDreamy's office tomorrow and tell him he must come and visit me -- I know they will think me odd, but I don't care.  He has operated on me three times including for the bc, and I want him to come and say hi to me.  I need some company even if it is doctors!

Hope the little doggy can come and cheer you up.  Glad you are not going to be alone, that will be a help for you.

I am looking for word from Josie too.

Have a nice evening everyone!

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited July 2014

Thread is moving fast, so much to catch up on!

Cindy, I am glad things went okay for you.

Josie, hope today was eventless and you held your head high. At this point you really are just too good a person to work with these women, they don't deserve you. I wish you could be there to see the Karma that one day will come their way.

Numb boobs? Frankenboobs? Mine are completely numb and may be for life. I call mine my Foobies (fat boobies) I am hoping someday a bit of feeling may return. Had to have an ultrasound for the divot issue and also have a seronoma on the chest wall but we are going to wait to do anything. I have no regrets as I am C free!! I am lopsided and lumpy, numb and bumpy, I am like a Dr Seuss book right now but NO CANCER!  We just had or have to do what we have to do to sleep at night, to live healthy lives. The price we pay...ohhhhh its plenty but life is so beautiful to me its all worth it.

My mom had another surgery today on her brain. She wasn't healing properly so they had to open her up and see if there was infection. Thank Goodness there was no infection or bacteria. Her head is shaved again (3rd time) and she is wrapped up like a mummy but she is home :) Feeling blessed.. but enough surgeries for my family. Between my mom and I we have been non stop at the hospital, taking turns. My next one is in Sept then I will pray that is it and after today we are hoping she is done!

Big D, your in my thoughts a lot, your going to do just fine.

XO love to all of you

• josie123
    edited July 2014

Thanks everyone for all the great support.I still have a job as of now.Meeting didn't take place, of course I was supposed to initiate it but was very busy.By lunch my boss had already left for the day.Maybe Wednesday.I got some more phone calls done tonight.I got benefits done for left in a pretty good mood.Not sure what will happen Wednesday I hope I don't get fired. 

BUNKIE, glad your doing a little better with the vertigo.

• edwards750
    edited July 2014

Great Josie - a 2 day reprieve. I know we all want you to make the call about leaving - not them. 

Lemon - bless your heart - you and your Mom going through all that medical trauma. You guys are some kind of string women. Btw I have the numb boob too!

Joan - haha so what does Dr. McDreamy look like? 

Torrential downpours here. Lost power but not very long. Wind was very strong. Looks like a war zone in our cove.

Diane 

• edwards750
    edited July 2014

sorry Lemon - didn't edit - meant strong not string. My bad. 

Diane 

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited July 2014

Diane, my moms BP was sky rocketing this morning, delaying the surgery. I let her know she is a Bad-Ass Mom and Grandma, 3 brain surgeries and never once complained.. she is my hero! I know my strength comes from her she just keeps going. She was at a Polka dancing with my dad on Sunday and in brain surgery the next morning, so proud of her! Thank you Diane

• josie123
    edited July 2014

Lemon, hope your Mom does well.I'm sorry she had to go through it 3 X.

Thanks for the support.

• april485
    edited July 2014

We are all proud of you Josie...let the chips fall where they may with the job! xo

Lemon, glad your Mom is doing well! Wow, brain surgery 3X. That is some "string" woman! (tee hee, strong of course) and I know that what you did was brave as well. I know that it will all work out in the end and your foobs will be fab!

Gotta leave for work so as usual, going Mach 7 with my hair in flames as I rush out the door! XOXO

• josie123
    edited July 2014

Thanks April I really appreciate the support.You ladies are so awsome.

• brooksidevt
    edited July 2014

Have a good day, Josie.  Did you see "The Help?"  She repeated to the child, over and over, something like, "I am beautiful, I am strong, I am nice."  I am repeating that for you.

• josie123
    edited July 2014

Thanks Brookside. No I didn't see The Help but I heard it was a good movie.Your too sweet.I've been working out in the backyard this morning.I have to get some control of that fenceline again.After 2 hours I got 1/2 of the fence line done.And inside the fence line too.There's a space between our fence and the property behind us.I think it's called an eavesment.Most of the branches were coming from there.I figured if I tackled that I would not have to get as much off the fence.Anyway.I'm tired and was getting shaky from maybe doing all that work and not drinking enough.Just 1 cup of coffee and bowl of cereal.But on the bright side It is a beautiful day with a high of 75°.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited July 2014

Josie I am really sorry you are still having so many troubles at work.  I know it is terribly stressful, but hold your head high!  I am right alongside Brookside cheering you.  I am here for you always if you need to 'talk'.  Just message me.  Don't let them get to you okay?  Brookside and I are chanting, so please join us!

I am high up in the mountains of Colorado.  In Confier at my son and DIL home.  We drove all the way to Cheyenne that first day, so it was only an additional two hours to get here.  We had picked a meeting place for Adam to get the dogs and I.  We went to the house and was thrilled to see my granddogs again.  Murphy and Sampson, my boyz, love it up here in the cool mountains.  DH went on to Colorado Springs area.  He is staying in the camper and they have been having fun.  Unfortunately the weather is not good.  We left very hot dry Nampa and came to cool and very stormy weather.  My stepson posed a video he took as they were cruising the property looking for damage from the flash flooding.  He lost a section of fence but that was about it.  It does of course put a damper on some of the outside activities they had planned.  So far we are having a great time.  Adam and Jen are both geologists and last night Jen had an issue with her well that would be a lot of money to repair.  About 2 million dollars and Jen has the final say.  She was on two computers and conference calls all night.  I felt so bad for her.  That is just a normal part of their jobs, they have a lot of responsibility. 

Tomorrow is my birthday, I have no idea if they have anything planned but thinking not.  They are so busy going out would probably not work out well.  I don't care one bit!  We took a nice long hike with the dogs on Sunday.  The area we went was pretty remote and tons of streams and ponds.  With four retrievers they didn't miss a single one.  They hit every mud hole from all the rain, and every creek and stream and pond.  They had a blast and it sure wore them out that afternoon.  We stopped on the way home at a Farmer's Market.  They picked up a few things, and they decided to try the little Thai restaurant up there.  The dogs were in the back of the truck (it has a topper) and all wet and tired.  It was pretty cool so we knew they would be fine leaving them.  Food was great and we brought leftovers home.

Leaving here Thursday morning, Adam is taking me back to the same shopping center where we met Saturday.  Chuck will be there at 11:00 then he and I head to Cheyenne.  I can't wait to see old friends.  My friend Miranda is a vet in a small city in Wyoming.  She is a wonderful doctor and friend.  I am so thrilled to see her and hubby.  Exciting days ahead!

Oh this is funny.  We were really careful with the dog food and measured it carefully and put in in a very large bucket.  Scoop too, plus all their treats.  Saturday evening at feeding time I discovered I had not brought the dogs food or treats in.  Rut Roh.  We feed a grain free Salmon and sweet potato.  It turns out they use a different brand, but it is also grain free and Salmon and sweet potato.  Yeah!  I feel badly and offered to pay Adam for the food but of course he refused.  I decided to give them a little gift.  They have a small back yard and when I was out there yesterday morning there was a ton of poop everywhere.  I know they are so busy and some things get neglected.  So, I scooped and filled a large bucket (with a plastic trash bag to line it).  Adam was so gracious and grateful too.  One less thing he has to do.  I also swept and vacuumed and did dishes and odds and ends of things.  That is how I pay back.  I know they were thrilled.

I will post soon after the party.  I am getting so excited!

Take care ladies, I love you and hold you close to my heart always.

• edwards750
    edited July 2014

Happy pre-birthday Janis...sounds like you are having a blast..oh those precious canines...I so love dogs!

Lemon - your Mom is so amazing...you both are so strong....okay April got it right this time...haha. No more whining for me except we performed the last rites on our a/c. Sigh. Such is life.

Diane

• april485
    edited July 2014

Happy Birthday to you!Happy

Happy Birthday to you!Loopy

Happy Birthday dear Janis!! Winking

Happy Birthday to YOU! ThumbsUp xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo times a million sweet lady!

Enjoy your day tomorrow and the rest of your trip and party!

• josie123
    edited July 2014

Janis, Happy almost Birthday.Sounds like your having a great time.The dog food thing is definitely something I would do.It seems like every trip we leave at least 1 item at home.

Diane, hope you enjoy that new AC unit.

• anneb1149
    anneb1149 Member Posts: 821
    edited July 2014

Happy Birthday Janice! Enjoy your day. Had to laugh about you forgetting the dog food. We went on a 7 day cruise once and my husband forgot to bring underwear! He alternated between his bathing suit and the one pair of underwear he was wearing the day we left. I just got back from a week long trip to Ga with my daughter and our next door neighbors. They were really upset when they realized they left their 8 year old daughters whole suitcase home. They had to go buy her a weeks worth of clothes the day after we got there. What made it worse is that 90% of what was in the suitcase was brand new as well. And they don't have the excuse of either chemo brain or age. 

Anne

• edwards750
    edited July 2014

Thanks Josie - actually believe it or not we are going to wing it with window a/c units as long as we can. Neighbors gave us 3 window units they had stored and we already have 2 upstairs. Our house isn't huge so so far, so good. We just don't want to withdraw that kind of $ right now if we can help it. July, August and even Sept are hot months so our resolve will be tested. Still the downstairs is pretty cold, upstairs not as much but no one is using those bedrooms/rooms much right now.

If we can hold out until off-season we can save a lot of $ on labor so gotta keep my hot flashes in check. 

Diane