Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited August 2014

They sure do Gigil. DD has 3 more to go. Her youngest is a toddler. Talk about spacing them apart - kind of like I did. 

Diane

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2014

Bid D. Hoping you're feeling much better today, not more dizzy, no more weakness and no more Zometa aftermath. 

Run Free....glad at least one college is sifting to the top.  Now to get that acceptance letter you can rest easy

April....got the dishes and pots and pans washed yet?  Bet the party was just wonderful

Gigil....love those grandkids.  You both are glowing.

AnneB.  Keep on that insurance company, it just takes someone to figure out the correct code to get approval.  The therapist should know a good bra place who can fit you for the proper support/compression bra.  They really help

Red...glad you've found a therapist, they really help get things under control

Sab....save that water, girl...you showering at school yet?  Tough times for California ahead I think..

Cindy..and Edwards (?)....puppy training .... Keep those cleaning rags nearby!  Bet he's helping to up your step count on Fitbit. 

Shouting Out to everyone else as I know I've missed several people

I'm about to embark on my cross country drive to help my sister-in-law get her two cats back to Iowa.  Should be an interesting for lack of a better term drive. I just hope they don't cry for the 4 driving days we're going to need.  Give me a puppy in this case, although in general I'm a cat person!  

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited August 2014

Wow Sew, that's a lot of driving for the sake of cats!  I suppose there's no easier way, and we do love our furry friends.  Is there any nice sleeping pill cats can have?  Our dog cries like an air raid siren in the car.  We used to give her liquid Benadryl but then that wasn't enough, and we got some lorazepam from the vet.

Yes Brookside, I believe this completes the college visits--unless she needs to go back and stay on campus in the dorm to help decide between two places, next spring.  Even this fall, I would be willing to take her to visit someplace else that was not too far if she asked. But she won't.

• MostlySew
    edited August 2014

run free...yep, it's a lot for the sake of the cats, but she loves them and she rescued them right after my brother died and she got BC....so you get the idea!  The vet has given her something to calm them, although it is some sort of special compound formula, and I hope it works.  It's liquid too, I can just see it all over the car.  I'm hoping we have some fun.....and I am anxious to see her new place...

• RunFree16
    edited August 2014

I remember when all that happened....  How is she doing with her BC?

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2014

Anne---I found a bra at Wallmart called are you ready---BEST BRA EVER by NOBO (No Boundaries) for $4.98.  I bought this before my surgery, cause I knew I needed to try and "secure the girls" but it needed a scooped out armhole for the bandage.  It is padded, but the pads are removable.  And they self remove in my washer and I now have lost 2 pads so I have a bra I don't wear until I make up the bed and the pads fall out of the folded up sheets. Or worse I wear them to the mall on the outside back of a t-shirt   HA.

I also bought a really good bra that was pretty expensive at a store that fits you.  It has the dreaded hooks and eyes in the front and a wide band on the bottom and the straps are adjusted with VELCRO.  (the strap has only unsnapped once on me in public, ha)  It has no wires and is like 40percent polyester and 25 percent something else,  IT IS called ANITA Active and the style # is 5523.

Our place that fits you for the lymphedema sleeves, etc. also sells bra's and they are probably pricey, but I am really not sorry about buying the expensive one. You can tell a difference.

Today at my therapy, she was very pleased with the increased range of motion I had achieved since Friday.  But there is one exercise and I told her it was painful and she said stretch pain or pain with a stretch?  And I said it feels like my boob is so tight its gonna pop.  And she had me lay on my right side and she got her thumbs in my armpit and over where my boob comes down from that where it hurt and she did some massaging and now the pain is almost gone.  So I am going to ask her on Friday if that was a lymphedema massage or just deep tissue.  She did do a bunch of lymphedema measurements and I measured less than I had when it was measured before, but I've lost 13 lbs.. 

• MostlySew
    edited August 2014

hi RunFree...she did really well with chemo and rads both.  No real problems to speak of.  She's on tamoxifen so no huge side effects either ( although it doesn't make sense as she's in her sixties, but I'm not the doc). She says cancer was easier for her since she was so numb and so devastated by my brothers death that it was almost a relief to go to treatment and worry about something else for a few hours a day.  She's one strong lady!  Of course about 3 weeks ago they found a skin melanoma (her second) which has since been removed but she's starting to feel "picked on". I agree.  Kind of like our BigD who has been given way too much to deal with!  Anyway, thanks for asking, she's really doing very well....I will miss having her here in Ca and where she will be in Iowa is impossible to get to, but her daughter lives there....

• Redheaded1
    edited August 2014

Did you guys say you wanted to laugh more?????

• MostlySew
    edited August 2014

red...this wouldn't be a potty joke?  Lol

• RunFree16
    edited August 2014

Sew, your SIL sure is a tough cookie!  You know your life is in a tough place when chemo is a welcome distraction.  I'm sorry she's moved away from you, but I can see why she'd want to be near her daughter. The skin melanoma is another curve ball.  I've certainly had that "no more doctors!" feeling in the last 18 months, and I'd never had it before, couldn't understand why my mother, for instance, would fail to follow up on certain things.  Your SIL must really have those moments.

Red, that's fantastic about your weight loss!  Good for you!  And it's great that you finally have a good PT.  They know everything.  On the running thread, there's a woman who's an engineer and gives clever explanations for why she swears by the Shock Absorber brand of bras.  They aren't stretchy, and her point is, we don't actually need give, we need NOT to have give.  But that's for running, not sure if it would meet your needs.

Like everyone, I'm horrified and saddened at the death of Robin Williams.  I've been watching clips all morning.  The best quote I read is, Depression's goal is to get you in a room alone and kill you.  May he rest in peace.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited August 2014

Sew as much as I have moved I am pretty good moving with pets.  I always hesitate to use meds with cats.  As long as it is something not very strong it should be safe.  I am just not a fan of mediating although it certainly makes it easy on the human passengers.  Hopefully all goes smoothly for everyone.  Your SIL gets big thumbs up from me for taking this trip to get them home.  Animals are not disposable and I have respect for anyone who adopts a pet with that understanding.  Like kids, they are tough to travel with too but you wouldn't think about leaving them behind. (Most of the time)....hehehe.

RedHeaded Congrats on the weight loss and progress made in therapy.  I have two bras that I almost wore out they were so comfy.  The ones with the hook and eyes and the zipper and those fantastic Velcro straps.  My friend Elizabeth, who I met on this thread, mailed hers to me when she longer needed them.  I wore them daily for months.  They were excellent and she was so sweet sending them to me.

RunFree I too and deeply saddened by the suicide of Robin Williams.  It is a huge loss to all his family, his friends and co workers, and of course his fans.  Sadly it draws attention to that subject we still aren't comfortable talking about.  Depression is an incredibly sad illness.  Some people will ponder WHY.  Here is a man who had it all as far as his fans knew.  He had everything, right?  Oh how I wish more people could be more informed about this awful disease.  Like cancer, it kills, destroying families and leaving a long trail of guilt of pain we never come to fully understand.  Unfortunately as many of you already know, I come from one of those families.  We are heavily blessed with the depression gene.  My dad's only sibling, my Uncle Phil. struggled for years and was diagnosed bi_polar many years ago.  Back then it was called manic Depression.  He killed himself one sad November day.  Just eight months later, my cherished brother Rich, took his own life.  A few years later my oldest son attempted suicide.  He was in a small psych hospital in Casper Wy.  His first psychiatrist said he was bi-polar and tried to get him sent to the state hospital hundreds of miles away.  That was NOT happening.  Ryan was not a throwaway kid as sadly some are.  Parents can't cops, don't want to, so they gladly commit their unruly child to that dump.  Long long stories there but Adam was also diagnosed bi-polar a few years ago.  He was devastated when he discovered that the diagnosis forced him to surrender his pilot's license.  My whole family is a mess.....some working toward recovery which is excellent.  I too suffer from depression and I take something for it.  My little sister has depression and her daughter Renee is bi-polar.  I believe her 18 year old sun suffers from a variety of problems all his own.  There has been so much sadness and loss in our family.  I understand how deep Robin William's pain ran.  There is no easy fix.  It is not about people who say 'just pull yourself up by your bootstraps and move on.  All to often those bootstraps are broken. 

Love and hugs to all you wonderful ladies.  Your support of anyone here helps more than you realize.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2014

BigD/Joan, hoping you are resting comfortably now. What a scary thing to go through and especially when you live alone! Hugs and know we are here for you, now and whenever you need us to be.

Sew, hoping that the kitty train runs straight on the tracks with no issues. Cats are lovely creatures but they can be high maintenance for sure. I know since I have had my share and am presently owned by a beautiful sleek black Bombay who is MUCH smarter than either my husband or I on any given day. God bless you and your SIL for doing this. They are sooo worth it! Glad she is coping reasonably well with all she has been through.

Janis, depression is an insidious disease and mental illness still carries too much of a stigma, more-so for those suffering from it than for those who know about it! Most of us try to "tough it out" instead of seeking help when we need it. My brother is bi-polar as is his wife. I also believe my Dad had a milder case but went undiagnosed. I have suffered depression at various times in my life, once very severe. I self-medicated with drugs and alcohol for a short time and then "woke up" and thought "Why are you doing this?" and quit both on my own. Although I was not physically addicted to those things, I was using them to mask pain and I knew it. I was a binge drinker and drug user, a few times a month and then realized that I wanted it more often and then knew I was in trouble. That was a very long time ago and now I have maybe two drinks a year! As I said, never physically dependent but used for wrong reasons.

Robin Williams always struck me as having an underlying sadness actually. I was and am a huge fan and have many of his comedy specials (especially his early HBO years) on video and noticed a long time ago that there was a melancholy to his madness. I will miss him a lot...sigh.

Have to run as dinner is ready! Love to all!! xoxo

• edwards750
    edited August 2014

April and Janis - I too can relate to family members with depression issues. My own DH is bi-polar. Several of his sibs have "mental" issues to deal with in varying degrees. They are everyday struggles. 

In 2002 my DH tried to take his life. Tried because he changed his mind but not before he severed an artery and nearly lost his ability to swallow much less his life. The trauma center here saved his life. My youngest son was the only one at home. He was 11. 

There was no note; I was completely stunned by his actions. He had meds but wasn't taking them. Didn't know. It took a long time to forgive him for that. 

We all survived emotionally and financially thanks to keeping the faith. It was so difficult for our son; he just didn't understand and frankly neither did I. We will always have scars but counseling has helped a lot. 

Thing is people don't understand why they just can't snap out of it. Not that simple- you know that. My DH has a chemical imbalance. 

We are blessed and thank God every day. 

My heart breaks for Robin Williams' family. It is so devastating for the loved ones left behind.  

It's sad our government doesn't devote more $ for mental issues. When there are cuts they seem to be the first to go. How many shootings by mentally disturbed people has to happen?

Diane 

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited August 2014

Cindy and Edwards - My BT brought his little dog with him to visit. I am allergiic but refuse to let it stop me from loving a dog. So last night she surprised me with a accident all over my dining room floor carpet. She is housebroken....in Ca but out of sorts here. Cute little thing loves my lap. Help.Happy

The vertigo is the worst thing I have to deal with. I can not believe that after 6 years of constant spinning and being off balanced there are no answers. I have had every test there is to have and to the best dizzy drs in the midwest. Guess it is time to branch out and try east coast or west coat. Ugh.

Runfree - Sounds like a really nice trip. Some real mother/daughter time.

Lemon - hope you have a safe trip. I love Chi town.

Gigil - Your granddaughter is very pretty. You look real good to there lady.

Josie - Yeah I stopped the PT. I was getting worst and the nausea was bad. I may try again but not right now. I have to go back on your posts to see how things are at that suckie job. Hang in there.

My BT has been here for 3 weeks almost 4. He says today "How do you deal with the lack of sun?" Glad it is not just me that noticed. Need a sunlamp down in my basement.

I have a brain MRI finally coming up. I scheduled it and then chickened out. Now that there is someone here to watch me after the test in case I get a reaction to the dye I will do it. Yuck. I also have a bone density, ultra sound and colonoscopy. I am refusing the colonoscopy unless they put me in the hospital for 24 hours. My adrenals go into shock without my steroids and I can not take them with liquids. Has to be food and plenty of it or in an IV. Also the prep will make me nauseated for 2 days and I will get dehydrated. So no go unless I am in with an IV and fluids overnight.

• edwards750
    edited August 2014

Yikes all over the floor Bunkie? Not used to your house apparently. It is a work in progress to get them housebroken even at their own house. Charlie, our little 7 week old pit bull/lab mix has figured out the doggie door and is having fewer accidents. Our carpet so needs replacing anyway. We are doing it ourselves to hardwood floors but not b4 he is trained. On your lap - sounds like a lovable cuss! 

I'm sorry about your never ending battle with vertigo. Can't understand why the doctors can't control it after all this time. 

Just back from a picnic at a friend's house. So good. Gotta step up the exercise. Special intention Mass tomorrow morning. 

Diane 

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2014

Bunkie, nice to see you.  I've been here, but not posting.  How I would love a little lap dog.  I think there are shampoos you can use to reduce dander?

Big D/Joan I hope that you are feeling better.  I've said this before, but if we were a Star Trek episode, Bones would be running around saying things like "barbaric" and "witch doctors!"  Hope the worst is over for you.

Sew, we've taken lots of steps to reduce water use, as I'm sure you have.  I'm frightened of well failure, and fire.

Gigi what a lovely young lady!  Love the picture.

Janis, Edwards, April our family has had its challenges too, and my heart goes out to the family of Robin Williams.  I actually have a Robin Williams story...he surprised the crowd at the Comedy Club in Los Angeles once and I was in the front.  He actually pulled my boot off and built an impromptu (and hysterical) comedy routine around it!  It was such a treat, and I never knew he battled such demons behind his comedic mask. My favorite movies were Mrs. Doubtfire, and Goodwill Hunting.  What a range he had.

Run, I bet you're happy that your dd is making her choice.  I hope you have great memories of your road trip.

I joined a new gym today, and went to my first yoga class in a year.  Wow, the underarm area had a GREAT stretch...feels so much better.  Forgot how helpful it could be.

Hugs to all.

• RunFree16
    edited August 2014

Janis, April, Diane, it's so true that mental illness is not well enough understood or cared for.  I'm so sorry for all the hard, awful things your families have gone through.  There was recently a very high-profile suicide of a lawyer in Vermont, Cheryl Hanna.  She was on TV a lot, taught at the law school, popular and pretty and bubbly, had a great marriage and kids at home.  My husband knew her a little, had talked to her over the winter about my BC, had no idea she was suffering.  Apparently her depression got worse suddenly in about May, and she took her life a couple of weeks ago.  Like Robin Williams, she had nothing in her life to trigger depression--two sad examples of how it's not situational blues, but a whole separate disease with an evil mind of its own.  Very shocking and heartbreaking.  Janis, your family has been deeply diminished by mental illness and you must have been so terrified when your son showed the same signs.  He seems to be doing better now.  Diane, thank goodness they were able to save your husband, but it must be very hard to move past something like that.  What an awful curse mental illness is.  My family's specialty is anxiety.  I don't have it too much, but everyone else does, and it has affected their lives in many ways.

Bunkie, you sure have a full menu of stuff to deal with, and it's crazy that the vertigo is still not yielding to your steady pressure of doctors and tests and efforts to control it.  I hope the brain MRI shows something definitive and easy to fix.  I also hope they respect your wishes about the colonoscopy.  The fasting and purging are a lot for the body to go through, especially in your case with your need to keep up the steroids.  I'm glad you're having a fun visit with your BT and his little dog.  You sure have been due some fun!

SAB, good for you on the new gym!  I hope you have time to go when your work gets busy.  That's an amazing story about Robin Williams.

GiGiL, ditto about the picture of you and your granddaughter! 

• SailingWind
    SailingWind Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2014

looking for a place to ask.   7 th day radiation woke up with more pain at surgery site than with operation.  Using ice. Anyone else go through this?

• MostlySew
    edited August 2014

Sailing Wind.....Hi, I think you've found a great group to ask and hopefully someone knows or has had this.  I didn't have that pain exactly so I don't really know what is causing it.  I think ice sure won't hurt.  I'd also suggest you talk with the RO or nurse today at your rads session.  I did have radiation induced inflammation (or so they called it) within 3 days of the start of rads, but that was just burning and redness.   It actually sounds to me like you're experiencing a tightening of the muscles that run from the breast down the arm and generally give us all trouble.  Hence, gentle stretching daily is so important.  Rads has a tendency to tighten that area up and make it more sore.  It could also be some of the nerves waking up....I remember when mine did they screamed for 3 days, from the breast down thru the upper arm.  I finally took an Ativan thru sheer desperation and it got the little devils to quiet down.  Good luck, keep moisturizing and keep hydrating and maybe someone else on this thread will be able to recognize exactly what you've got.  Let us know.....

• SailingWind
    edited August 2014

thanks will keep you up dated

• Redheaded1
    edited August 2014

Sailing--I'd nix the ice till I talked to them.  Not sure what your skin is doing now, but they told me no ice and no heat.  then when the skin does start to break down, they ok it.  Just call them.

they are used to questions.

• edwards750
    edited August 2014

Thanks RunFree and Sab- definitely has and probably always be a challenge for my DH. He is diligent about taking his meds now and sees a psychiatrist regularly.  Sometimes I catch myself eyeing his every move looking for some kind of sign he is troubled. I really try not to overreact but it's hard. Doesn't help that I'm a chronic worrier too. My MIL has Alzheimers- for almost 10 years now so of course I watch for signs of that disease too. 

I know I need to chill because I can't stop what might be the inevitable but not able to do that as of yet. 

My youngest son does a bit too much self medicating with alcohol sometimes. He is a lot better than in the past but it's back to me lecturing him and praying hard. 

Robin Williams was so generous with so many charities. Here it was St. Jude. They had a tribute to him last night on a local channel. 

Hey Josie - hope you are safe with all the riots, etc in St. Louis. Scary stuff. You know I can relate; MLK was assassinated in downtown Memphis. I remember that night and being so scared. Hope things settle down and justice prevails. 

• SailingWind
    edited August 2014

skin is just red . Saw the rads doctor before rads and she took me off until Monday. Said infection, so antibiotics , call her tomorrow. She will see me Monday if ok start rads again.

• MostlySew
    edited August 2014

sailing....I'm glad you saw the dr.  Sounds like she's right on this, but sorry to hear you've got a delay.  I was disappointed when my rads got delayed a few days as I was so anxious to just get done.  You will get thru this, it will just take a bit more time.  Be sure to continue moisturizing while waiting.....and hoping the pain gets better soon.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited August 2014

Sailing, welcome and sorry you have an infection.Take care of yourself and let us know when they resume rads

Diane, thanks for asking .Yes I'm doing well.The neighborhood that has been so messed up with violence is just about 15 min from us.Further north.Sad thing is that the violence, looting is just so senseless.And really has nothing to do with the boys death.Most of the people who were doing the looting(the ones they caught)were not even from Ferguson.They were from St .Louis.And the situation with the police officer was a lot different than what's being portrayed.I can't go into detail because we were asked not to.But my husband knows what really happened.He know quite a few police officers.A lot were getting death threats even in other neighborhoods before the violence happened.

I wanted to let you know also .I also have had family members with depression.It's more common than you would think unfortunately.

• edwards750
    edited August 2014

Josie - I was sure there was a lot more to the story - always is. The looting is so senseless and outrageous and the media is typically quick to lay blame. 

I remember the Duke LaCrosse case years ago. Those 3 players were convicted before they had a day in court. If you recall the case the media was right upfront with hanging those young men - even the faculty at Duke signed this stupid petition expressing their so called outrage. Shameful. Turns out the stripper was lying, the DA tampered with evidence and the outrage from what those guys allegedly did was premature to say the least. Duke paid dearly for their rush to judgement. Just one of many examples. 

The thugs doing all that looting are looking for an excuse to act like the morons they are. 

The media should be accountable for their judgmental and misguided bias but they won't be. Now I'll get off my soapbox. 

Be safe. 

Diane 

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited August 2014

Yeah I think the media is responsible for a lot of the unrest and anger.

Currently they are shooting canisters of tear gas at the media.They meaning the police.2 journalist were arrested today for no apparent reason.I know they are just trying to keep everyone safe and the media likes to get right in the middle of it.Every night something new unfolds.Starts with a peaceful protest and as it gets dark.They start getting violent.

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited August 2014

Hi everyone.  Checking in.  I too am just stunned about Robin Williams.  It seems we all have some depression in our families.  I have a little of that, but I work on it constantly with meditation.  Anxiety is my real demon.  Run you are probably free of it because you exercise and keep fit.  Exercise helps more than anything.  My brother committed suicide because of depression.  His was both chemical and situational.  He had a spinal degenerative disease that he at the age of 40 was medicating with alcohol and pain meds.  He just went too far one day.  Such a loss.  We never get over it completely, do we?  It took us years to come to grips with the fact that he did indeed end his own life.  It was a cry for help and his help came too late.  All of my siblings have depression and some have the anxiety as well.  Fun stuff.  We all stay on top of it, but still, it takes its toll.  For me it is a daily routine of doing things right, thinking right, eating right, sleeping right and exercising.  Anything gets off kilter and it becomes an uphill battle.  I only wish Robin had someone to help guide him past the depths of despair.  I have never really had that either, but I have become very spiritual in the process of finding my way through it.  I am not religious, but I am very spiritual.  

Thanks for the kind words about my granddaughter.  We took that picture to show my daughter how she has passed me up in height.  We have such an easy relationship.  I cherish every moment I get to spend with her and my other grandkids.  They are so important to me.

Big D you hang in there lady.  We are holding you in our thoughts and prayers and lighting candles for your well being.  I am sending you healing energy constantly.  You are a strong lady and you have been through so much.

Run, glad you daughter is closing in on the school she wants to attend.  You are a courageous woman to do all of that driving in miserable conditions.  My daughter wants me to drive her and her kiddos to Chicago.  I am just not up for it these days.  I can usually drive anywhere, but Chicago and St. Louis intimidate me like no other place has, except for San Diego.  

Bunkie sick dogs send me into hyper speed.  I clean, clean and clean again, yet nothing ever seems clean enough.  Cindy yours too.  Goodness, and I was just thinking of getting a pup.  I don't know if I am up for it.  We had to put our little schnauzer to sleep a couple of years ago, and I haven't been able to jump back in after that.  it was way too hard to play God with her life.  

SEW good luck with your cat transporting trip.  So glad to hear your SIL is doing so well.  She sounds like a very strong lady.

There is always such good advice for the newbies on here, and someone who is quick to help.  Such a wonderful spot we have.  Love you all!  xoxo

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited August 2014

Josie - The police are like a really big gang to me. I have dated a few and have friends that are cops. They live by a code and have a very stressful job. So to me a cop brings to the table what he believes in good or bad. The truth will come out. I have NEVER understood looting and all that nonsense. I remember back during the LA riots when everyone was riding around with white flags on the car to be able to drive into the neighborhood they lived in. I had a friend who lived in the inner city at that time and I could not believe the unrest. Peaceful protest is the only way to get things done. The media makes so much hype about that stuff and it fuels the hate....on both sides. Glad you are ok and hopefully it will settle down soon.

Gigil - Well said about depression and anxiety. We are alike with the anxiety being a big one for us both. I have had a few very depressed months on the boards here and am very thankful for the support from everyone here. Truthfully with my parents deaths, my illness (sarcoidosis and BC) and being alone so much I had to get into seeing a shrink. It has helped a lot and I am a work in progress every day. They say that Robin Williams also had Parkinsons. Good grief that is a lot. I was raised with dogs all my life and moms dog died when she did so I too was reluctant to get another one. Having this one here has made me realize I can do it again if I choose to do so.

• SailingWind
    edited August 2014

Doing better today. Will see the Dr on Monday. Will have to get ok from her to start Rads. Stopped pain pills today.  Delay in Rads does not bother me. I have been pretty good with this whole BC thing. It came after my DIL left son for boy friend and tried to take kids from him. This is the short version. He went to court and got time with kids BUT only if I supervise visits. 4 more weeks before divorce court. Cant wait. So going with him to pick up kids at 6 tonight. He has been giving me his bed room so when it gets too much for me, I go there. Great son. He will get kids half time her in AZ . Only 5 miles from my house.