Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited January 2015

Big D--- If you are out there, we are still thinking of you and sending you positive energy. 

As I read all the posts, I can't help but think what a strong lot of women we have become,  Dealing with all the issues we have, ouir own illnesses, our aging parents, relationship crisis, spouse health issues, job stresses, etc.

Kudos to all of us!!!!!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited January 2015

Diane thank you for understanding.  I was told once by a therapist that forgiving is healing and we all know that to be true.  As far as forgetting, we really never do.  Still we are so free once we do forgive and I know I am glad I always remained in my dad's life.  My sister took awhile but she too has forgiven.  We talk a lot abut the things we never will forget, but it is healing.  It is funny how the age difference between us really gave us vastly different relationships with him.  I am older by 7.5 years, only 16 months younger than one brother and 2.5 years older than the other.  She being the baby had a completely different set of memories in many ways.  One thing we both agree on is how unsettling his current situation is.  His 'caregiver' is actually his GF of about 6 years.  They met through a personal ad and she was a live in caregiver for an elderly couple.  No home or furniture of her own.  They met for coffee and a week later she had quit her job and loaded her few belongings in a couple boxes and moved into his home.  Their relationship has been very turbulent over the years.  I can't say more, it is just very confusing and uncertain right now.  I can't really keep count anymore how many times she had to call 911 this past week because of his falls.  I think at least four.  His legs are shot, his knees are so bad and he has no strength in them.  He s tall, about 6'3".  He has a wheelchair finally but the falls are becoming a real issue.  It is very heartbreaking.  Scary too. 

Josie I am really happy to hear your dad will be coming home soon.  Your mom will feel a lot better and I think your dad will be so much happier.  Being in the hospital is never a happy experience.  There really is no place like home!

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited January 2015

Thanks Janis. I found myself at first posting a long post describing my relationship with my dad. But I erased it because I didn't want to paint a bad picture of him.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited January 2015

Checking in....
    Finally, today, I rested.  After my trip to Washington DC, I came home New Years (late) and then Saturday drove to DD's near Boston.  I got home last night in the driving rainstorm..it was a tough drive.  I went back to work today for awhile and it was really quiet.  I felt relaxed and happy and glad that all my shopping, gifting, mailing, and traveling are behind me.  The main reason we traveled is because my grandkids have birthdays in December and January. I had a good time with my granddaughters yesterday - we went to Build a Bear and then to lunch at Cheesecake Factory in Massachusetts.
    I left right from the mall and they didn't want me to go.  DD was so grateful that I came for Caroline's 4th BD.  No other family came.  Dh was still home from being sick but he is better now. 

For all those who lost posts, I know how hard it is to write something personal and then have it disappear.  It happens often.  In my case, my cursor selects things just from hovering and not even clicking.  It makes me crazy...if it goes back a page, I lose everything. 

Fran, glad to hear DH knows what he is dealing with now.  I sincerely hope there is no stroke damage in the long run.  This flu presents itself in so many ways. 

Josie, I hope your Dad's recovery goes well at home.  What a scare for all of you. 
    And Janis, so sorry to hear of how your Dad has failed mentally and physically.  I am glad that you made some sort of peace with the situation.  When my Dad passed suddenly at age 64, I was numb...and I had to try to think of a reason why I loved him (I did) and that I would miss him in my life.  I finally realized that he gave me my life and that was reason enough.  Nothing bad happened to me as a kid, but there just was not a connection and my parents did not get along at all - leaving me with confusion and bad memories. 

Sew, I know this year was difficult for you with the loss of your brother and the illness and move of your sister in law.  Life changes are so tough...I do not handle change well.  Sorry to hear your mom is so forgetful...it is a heartache and a worry.  And you are so good to be there for her.  I hope you are taking time for yourself and doing the things you love to do. 

Redhead, DogsNL, it is so good to have your here with us old-timers...hope your new year brings good things.
    And that goes for everyone....
    I am 3 years out from rads this week...and 3 years down with the AI drug.  Time flies, and life is mostly good.

Let's hope this posts without disappearing!
    Hugs to all,

Joan

• josie123
    edited January 2015

Joan, glad you got to see the Grandkids but I'm sure your happy to be done running for a while.Glad to hear your DH is feeling better.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited January 2015

Josie I understand.  I really don't want to paint such a bad picture of my dad.  Now that his light is fading I see him differently.  I hate this for him, it is probably what he feared the most.  He comes from a long line of mental illness and Dementia and never wanted to live like this.  I am torn between wanting him to stay home where he is most comfortable, or see him going to a nursing type home.  He would be utterly miserable.  His health has always been good but his knees are shot and being immobile has been so difficult for him.  He was always very active.  My sister found this so hard to see when she visited him a couple months ago.   I hope I can find a way to visit him once more, but it is not easy as he is so far from us.  We'll see.  With gas cheaper this summer maybe we can make it happen.  Something tells me I need to see him one last time.  Josie please PM me if you like.  I love hearing from you and thank you for your friendship.

Joan, sweet wonderful Joan......thank you.  You always have such a special way of conveying your feelings,  I always appreciate you.  :)

I hope everyone is doing well and DH's are healing.  I apologize for not addressing each and everyone of you. I think of you all, always.  Despite all of the many differences between us I know we could have one hulleva wonderful party!  When I win the lottery it will happen, I promise!  My bucket list goal is to meet all of you.  Wouldn't that be something? 

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited January 2015

HI there!! Just checking in to say hi. Joan, you are right. We have not made the move yet, and our furniture is in storage. There was a delay on the closing on the house we were selling. The buyer's mortgage is being funded by a government agency and everyone just went lame over the holidays. They are saying Friday will be our closing date now. We will close on our other house on Monday the 12th and then we can move the furniture in. It has been frustrating and a bit hair raising. WE had a nice time in Florida, although my GS and I both came home with colds. Darn it! I have successfully escaped getting sick for the past two years. I am grateful it hasn't been too severe. I just have a lingering dry cough. I think he is back to school today. I worry about him getting sick and being wheelchair bound, but he is a tough little man. He has recovered faster than I have.

My stress level has been off the charts lately, which has given rise to some dreaded visual migraines that I have dealt with my whole life. There was a long time when I didn't have them, but they are back and infrequent, but still alarming the older I get. No pain, just the visual stuff. I went to see my doctor today. I am way overdue with my routine medical stuff. Since we started staging the house in June, we have been going at a steady clip. We raced headlong into the holidays and literally drove in the middle of the night to my daughter's farm after finishing the last work on the house we are selling. My son and his family joined us there for Christmas Eve. My DD, her family and my DH and I left for Florida on the 26. We had a very nice time but I don't think DH completely de-stressed and neither did I. We have too many balls in the air right now. We are getting a bit testy with each other, which helps nothing.

Friday I go for my mammogram. It is six months overdue, so I know my breast surgeon will not be happy with me. I have been a wreck about it, and after burying my dad in October and rushing through the house sale, it is one more thing to take care of. When we got back after the holidays, the paperwork had piled to the ceiling here at our house in Minneapolis. This is the time of year I take care of renewing my husband's licenses, as well as so many other yearly tasks. I could use about three of me right now, and I wish none of us had to go to a mammogram and meeting with the doctor on Friday. I am having the 3D mammogram. Have any of you had any experience with that?

Cindy, so glad to hear your DH's good news. Fran, you have certainly been through an ordeal lately. I hope your DH continues to improve, and Joan your DH is improving now? This has been a terrible flu season and the flu shots are just not cutting it, by the sounds of things. Janis, your father is such a worry too. Josie, yours is doing better? I hope everyone is on the mend very soon, and we can get through this winter without too much more illness. SAB, good to hear from you. SEW I hope your 2015 is an easier year and that we can all find some joy and peace of mind. I too think of Kate often, and miss her, as we all do. Bunkie, I hope you are well and getting that house situation figured out. Diane, good to hear from you, and hi to everyone else. I just heard from my realtor, so I need to go hash out some arrangements, but I will check back soon. Take care and stay warm everyone, GiGi

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited January 2015

Gigi, whoosh....just reading all your activities has made me tired! Whatever else you do though girl, DO go get that mammo on Friday. No sense adding the stress of knowing you haven't done it to everything else. I did have the 3D mammo last time, it's a breeze, only takes maybe 30 seconds longer for the second scan so a piece of cake. I did, oddly enough, end up reacting to the extra radiation and my breast felt burned for 24 hours after. But I was terribly sensitive to rads in the first place ( had radiation inflammation start within 3 days of rads start) so I guess that's not surprising. I'd still do it again, so I guess it wasnt that bad. Take time to smell the roses.

• gigil
    edited January 2015

Thank you Sew. It makes me feel better that you have had the 3D. I was a little concerned about the extra radiation, but we already glow in the dark anyway, right? I have dense breasts, so this will give me a bit more reassurance that things have been carefully looked at. Of course I am nervous going and doing it, but I am more nervous not having had it done. It has been a nagging worry and although our past months have been so hectic, it is time to stop and do what I need to do for me. I know I will breathe easier in the end, no matter what.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited January 2015

Gigi - your activities make me tired too. I wish I had your energy. Good luck with your mammogram. Its always a nervous time for all of us. I wonder if we will ever get over that anxiety. Time flies because I am at 4 years this month. Seems like a zillion years since my DX.

I understand the dilemma about your Dad Janis. If I had to choose it wouldn't be the nursing home but then again his live in has to keep calling so often when he falls maybe he would be better off with constant medical care. There are some decent nursing homes here but my sibs and I vowed no matter what we would not send our parents there. By the grace of God they didn't.

Hope you aunt gets better Josie. She sounds like a real dynamo. I had an older friend who was 90 when he died. He played handball until he was 82 beating guys half his age, read to the blind for 15 years on a local radio station and took frequent trips around the country. He was an amazing guy. I miss him terribly. He was always so upbeat.

Joan that must have been hard to lose your dad at 64. My dad and I had a good relationship most of the time. I agree with Janis forgiving is healing. Serves no purpose to be bitter anyway. Cant change anything. I have a brother who harbors every little thing he believed was unfair and now he is 50+ living alone and distanced himself no rejected the rest of us. Sad.

I have dodged the flu so far. Allergies which were brutal but not the flu at least. Tennessee, where I live, is not one of the states experiencing a lot of flu cases. At least not yet.

Sew -  you have had a tough year. I am so sorry. When my Mom starting getting forgetful I got really scared. I understand that is a part of aging but its still hard. You are a good daughter to be there with her.

Fran- you have had a tough time too. I read the posts and wonder how we do it w/o falling apart and then I realize again we are some really strong and courageous women and we just do what we have to do and keep going. God has truly blessed us with unbelievable strength and faith.

Sorry if I forgot anyone. Hope everyone has a good week!

diane

• josie123
    edited January 2015

Janis, I hope it's possible for you to see him again. I know if there's a will there's a way. I know when my friend decided to go on hospice suddenly. She really wanted me to come see her. I thought we'll maybe not tonight because we were just arriving at my MIL s house for dinner. Well that was my last chance to see her . By the time I got to see her She was pretty far gone and didn't even know I was there. I regret that decision.I should of just dropped the kids off at the MIL s house and went to see her.She really needed me that night.

It has to be heartwrenching to not be able to just pick up and go to see him whenever you want to.I'm sorry your in that situation.

Gigil, don't let yourself get so stressed. It has to be extremely stressful for you right now. Good luck on the mammogram . I'm sure it will be fine.take a deep breath and try to do something for yourself to relieve some of that stress.

Diane, thanks I think my Aunt is doing better. She is a tough one. I heard she sent all of her family home. She actually lives about an hour and a half from St.Louis and she is here in St. Louis since she couldn't get that good of medical care in her rural town.

But she has the flu so she doesn't want anyone getting it. I know my mother wanted to go see her but didn't want to take the risk of getting sick and possibly giving it to my dad.

Anouther note about my Aunt Mitzie. She never wears a coat. I'm shocked that is the first time she has ever had the flu.She's the neatest person in the world though and has a lot of love to go around.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited January 2015

Happy New Years ladies. Forgive me for being MIA lately, but work is insanely busy this time of year and I am on the planning committee for the holiday party (I know it is Jan...don't ask...lol) so that has also been taking a lot of my time. Suffice to say I have finally nailed down the caterer and what we will do for our continental breakfast and now I can breathe a bit.

Fran, hope you are holding up ok. Nothing worse than when a loved one is sick. It is way worse than it is when it is just us, no?

Gigil, so glad things are slowing down a bit and now you might be able to finally rest! I have been having 3-D mammos for years and it is just as described..just a tad longer. I believe that it is the reason they found my BC as the place I had the original mammo had the regular type only and when I switched to Yale, boom. Diagnosis.

Joan, you are such a traveler. I am exhausted listening to it!

Sab, always good to hear from you. Stay well my friend!

Josie and Janis, so sorry about your respective Dads. I so get it. This Friday, we meet with the doctors to decide when/if Dad ever comes home again. He is not doing so well and would have to have more care than my brother and I can give him but if we get the right help coming in, it may be doable. I sure hope so as we promised our parents no nursing home if at all possible! It is so hard to see them get old and frail.

This month marks my two year anniversary of my diagnosis and it seems like a hundred years ago. It also seems like just yesterday if that makes any sense. Everything seemed like a whirlwind at first and now it has calmed to a dull roar..lol. I still  see my Rad Onc due to the clinical trial and so I see her bi-annually  now (at first it was every 3 months) and I see the surgeon twice a year and the MO twice a year. Yikes. I feel like I still live at the doctor's office!

Last clinical BE the MO had some concerns about a ridge she felt in my left breast (the one that had the BC) so she said she wants me to bring it to the BS's attention in February and ask her if I should have an ultrasound on it. She thought  second opinion on that was important so she did not do it in Nov. Always something to worry about. My leftie is very painful when pressed on but I thought that was normal after two surgeries, rads etc. but she said it is not normal and that she is a little concerned (which of course freaks me out a little too) We shall see when I go in on 2/11.

Have to run. Time to shower and head off to work. Nice havin my coffee with you and love to all!

PS...an update on hubby. He had a yearly physical and doctor said all was well except the anemia is still quite prononunced. He has a follow up with the blood Onc on 1/12 to repeat the chest CT scan since he has inflammation the last time (doc thought a bit of pneumonia or some type of URI so gave him antibiotics to clear it up so he could see better) and so wanted to repeat the test in that area to see if something is hiding in his lungs. Wish us luck!  

• gigil
    edited January 2015

April, good to hear from you. There is always a little something to worry about, isn't there? I admire how you carry on in spite of it. I wonder why it is so difficult for me to do that. I just become obsessed about the thing and can't get a moment's rest. Not a good quality. I have never figured out how to distract myself. I am likely a bit OCD about health issues. I used to laugh at being that way, now I have a real diagnosis to worry about. And a few more that have shown up in its wake. UGH!! I am fighting a cold since I got back from Florida. Now there is a place where you can get carried away in bliss. I still can't get my house I am selling to close. The USDA is dragging their feet on funding the buyer and we all hang in limbo. Hacking from a cold and waiting, waiting, waiting. Guess I need to just get out there and brave the cold and get some nice chicken soup and a few other over the counter remedies. Oh my gosh it is cold here in Minnesota!! Who else is having this cold weather?

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited January 2015

GiGil - slip into urgent care and get your hack hack checked. I'm down with bronchitis, codeine cough syrup is great...sleep. Wow, limbo on house GRRR. Yes, a big pot of chicken soup, RX for cold, yoga to clear the stress...ommm. It's 80 here in Rancho Mirage...last week was cold ...but not by your standards. Did you get your mamo...hope so:)

April - whoa, your work load & family balancing so many things. Squeeze the baby, hug the hubby, and steal away to a hot bath and candlelight when you get home. Congrats on 2 yr anniversary :D. Sending good thoughts and prayers for 2/11 appt...gosh the waits :(

Josie - hoping all is well at work and at home and with family.

Joan - 😘 you say it all so well. Glad you are home safe and enjoyed time with kids and GKS hoping work shakes out and your night schedule stays warm...I don't know how Yall deal with winter weather brr.

Sew - sorry about mom...Hard to watch our parents age and have issues...my GMs dementia was difficult especially when she was fearful...a love. Hope you follow your heart...and smell the roses too!

Fran - are you home now? Hope hubby is better and you are not on the icy roads...in my prayers.

BigD - thinking of you and praying you are doing well...

Janis - :( sorry about dad. Hard situation. I'm grateful my dads wife is 18 yrs younger & a sweetie. Pace yourself.

Diane - yeah, no flu! It's cold in TN too! And then springtime brings all the rain...stay healthy and warm! Congrats on 4 yrs! Ooo who counting down the 3-5 yr window...doing good!

SAB - how's your book coming? Ready for your kindle ebook on Cooking with great pics and the smell of the whole foods good stuff. Happy Hiking with hubby:)

Red - congrats on 1 yr cancerversary! It seems surreal, but feels so good to be able to look in the rear view mirror!

Lemon - sending happy thoughts :) and you too Bunkie!

RunFree - congrats on 2 yr anniversary and taking a break!

Bookside - a true party girl! Whoa go gf!

Cancerversaries 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, and more yippee! Grateful for each milestone! And all of you :)))

Last nights RX codeine cough syrup delivered my first night of sleep not perfect, but not hacking...I've gone over 10 yrs without bronchitis and now ugh. Counting down the 10 days of meds to clear lungs. Tomorrow is my BS check up and Friday is my Zometa infusion and then I can forget c/drs for 6 months. Hubby is still not doing well, tired, and just sleeps, hoping the foley comes out and stays out. Pup is doing good ready to pass Canine Good Citizen and move on to Pet Therapy training.

Frozen! Brrr! Stay warm!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• Redheaded1
    edited January 2015

GIGIl, it is frigid here in central IL  Chill is minus 21 and supposed to be minus 35 tonight. Had the "cold" and had to get z-pak and 40MG prednisone for 5 days. Still running the vaporizer.  Went outside today to pick up a scrpt and check on my dad and it is SOOOOCOLLLLLLLDDDDD... Schools were closed today because of the temp....

• gigil
    edited January 2015

April, hope you are feeling better. My sis has been taking the same meds. She has asthma, and things hit her so hard. In the middle of the night last night I was a bit worried about myself. My chest was sore!! It got better by morning, thank goodness. Schools were closed here also today in Minneapolis. My daughter lives near the Minnesota/North Dakota border and they wouldn't dream of closing for the cold. I grew up in that tough, cold, hostile winter environment, but my older body does not like it any more. I can't wait for all of this real estate business to be over so I can head south like the happy snow bird I am. Stay warm and drink some hot liquids. I am pumping those fluids and wearing sweaters constantly!!

• gigil
    edited January 2015

Cindy, I miss your message above until after I posted. Sorry you are fighting bronchitis. I have been so healthy too, but I got caught a little this year. I hope you and your hubby recover quickly and can get back to enjoying life. That sleep is so precious, isn't it? It helps us heal. This has been the worse flu season for a very long time. Our flu shots aren't holding us, like they usually do. 3D mammo is on Friday morning. They called to make my appointment an hour or so later. I didn't mind at all. I hate getting up and heading into the clinic at break neck speed!! Everyone else, if you are healthy, stay clear of sickies and keep washing those hands.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited January 2015

Congratulations on the two-year mark, April! I agree with you--it seems like just yesterday, and also a million years ago. It seems logical to assume your ridge is just a result of the radiation implant, or insert, or whatever they called it, and you can get it checked out and move on with no worries. Not so nice to wait until February, of course, but isn't it a relief not to have been bundled right off to the ultrasound lady.

Gigi, I'm so pround of your packing and staging and packing and staging, and of course, patience. I had the 3-D mammo this time and the experience was pretty much the same old, same old. One difference was the tech spent a lot more time positioning me. Not sure if that was the procedure or just her. My second annual bs visit (immediately following the mammo) helped put a lot of angst behind me, and I sure hope yours will as well. It's not so comfortable looking forward to our scans and so forth, oodles better looking back. I'm hoping I'll be able to relax for a whole year, and you, and April, and Cindy, and all you other ladies.

Hoping your hubby is doing well, Fran, and that you are weathering this setback well.

• rmlulu
    edited January 2015

GiGil - Luv the pic :D. You look happy relaxed...never know you are hanging in limbo...praying for your closing.

Yall make me feel guilty whimpy...SoCal TX girl thinks it's cold when it's 30-40...though we did have a bad freeze a few years back and a high of 18...gosh I hung blankets over my windows and didn't venture outside...a neighbor came and knocked on the door to see if we were ok...guess they were use to always seeing in and wondered why the black out. Neighbors pipes burst in the attic and their garage door was solid ice sculpture...what a mess.

Put another log on...hot cocoa...and snuggle

• josie123
    edited January 2015

April, happy Cancerversary.Sounds like your DH is in good hands.

Gigil, nice pic . Sorry your cold is still there.

Cindy, sorry to hear about the bronchitis. Plenty of fluids and rest.Don't worry about the house it will be there .

My cancerversary was Jan 2. I quietly let it pass.

Redheaded it's cold here too. I think it was a high of 10 °.

• gigil
    edited January 2015

Thanks for the nice comments on the pic. My sis, who is my best friend, convinced me that a little red lipstick would make me feel lots better. I am not in the habit of wearing red lipstick, but I have to admit it gave me a bit of a pick me up. She has had a cold too, so we have been using the red lipstick as a beacon of vitality. I think it really does help. Josie, I let my milestones go by like that too. I just can't think about it so much. It makes me nervous to do that.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited January 2015

Oh great. Just went through a month-long diagnostic marathon for my mysterious biliary whatever--chest and abdominal x-rays, abdominal CT, ERCP, and, after that resulted in another fever, another chest x-ray (not to mention all the non-radiactive stuff). Today I have itchy little red spots in my two-years-ago radiation field. Applied cortisone cream, just like I did way back then, and called the radiation oncology NP. Yep. Chances are pretty good I'm experiencing radiation recall. Joy.

Gigi, I'd missed your picture when I last posted. Love the red lipstick. You put me to shame--my lips are so colorless!

Hoping for a perfectly boring bs appointment for you, Cindy. Sending a cyber treat for the good citizen pup.

Pretty cold here too, Redheaded and all the rest of you northerners. This morning it was minus 10, with minus twenty-something wind chill. Schools under two-hour delay so kids won't freeze to their bus stops. Naturally, I'm worrying whether some kids might not have gotten the memo.

Best wishes and hugs for all the husbands and relatives (and some of us) who are under the weather.

• Redheaded1
    edited January 2015

Brookside---what is radiation recall????  I been itching and having bumps.

Some years ago I was in a Political Leadership fellowship and the image consultant told us our lipstick should match our tongue for a natural appearance. Somewhere I have a funny picture of the twelve of us with our tongues sticking out holding our lipstick next to it......

I personally like to put some horribly youthful or slutty color on my feet in the dead of winter--nobody see's me toes except me and maybe the doctor if I get sick....He can think whatever he wants too!

• Dogsneverlie
    Dogsneverlie Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2015

GiGi - LOVE the red lipstick!!!!!!!!  Every girl should have a tube of red - wear it to the grocery store! xo

Catching up out here!

Red - slutty or youthful colors on the toes makes us feel daring, doesn't it?  There are colors on my toes that I would NEVER put on my fingers!!!!!!  It's like "a little secret"..........lol

Brookside - what's going on?????  Are you OK?

Josie - congrats on your cancerversary!  I am so happy for you and completely get why you just wanted it to quietly pass you by but all of us out here love you and know what a milestone that is.

Cindy - sorry you are so sick, I have not had that but know friends who have and it really wiped them out.  Hope you are resting a bit and feeling better.  Hope your DH is better as well and of course, LOVE the puppy update!

Me - pre-op with doctor went well, getting ready for lift and implants on Feb 24.  Still really hurting from the loss of Bentley, miss my boy so much. 

May 2015 be magical for all of us!

• rmlulu
    edited January 2015

Thanks Red, Brook, Josie, Gigil, Dogs for the get well wishes!

BS smiled, felt me up, Hee Hee and said take the summer off...he would see me next year! He smiled and said we've come along way...nice. He&his brother were ushering patients into their rooms one at a time...flu had hit their office staff and they're re on their own...his brother is hubby's surgeon. Tomorrow is Zometa and then I'm don until June. Hubby still in bed 20 days after surgery...sad. Pup went crazy at agility today...he can run through that 20' tunnel before I can get to the end...great exercise running the course.

Fran - how's your DH? Are you home now...brr don't want any of you out on those icy roads.

Dogs - best wishes for the lift and implant in Feb...Luv the secret colors on your toes! I sometimes do my pinkies a wild color just for fun:)))

GiGil - red hot lips! Smack xo now does your lingerie match? At least for Valentines Day

Red - hee hee I can see you with your tongues out and lipstick up...cute!

Josie - how is the new position...still in honeymoon stage:)

BigD - (((hugs)))

y'all stay warm...brrr!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• josie123
    edited January 2015

Dogsneverlie, thanks.

Cindy. Sounds like your doing better if your able to run a agility course. Even with bronchitis?Your one tough cookie?

Work is going ok. Honeymoon is over though. Kind of rotten day today. I was in the back office which I usually love but the ladies up front hate it because they have to answer phones and all by themselves. They needed me back there and honestly I'm loving it back there . It's very stressful up front. Easy to make mistakes because they are so picky. They get all bent out of shape when I make mistakes sometimes. But don't always have time to answer my questions or help me. Don't get me wrong they help me if I have a question.but I always feel guilty if it's something I can't handle myself. The one lady used to have her own office and has a pretty important job getting benefits for people's surgery etc. So When I'm up front she's thankful so she doesn't have to stop doing her job to answer the phone.Mostly it's the other receptionist that has very little patience sometimes. She's Been there 15 yrs and I think forgot what it's like to be new. Maybe she hates me. Oh well. I don't hate her.Oh well even though sometimes I feel like the 5th wheel it's better than where I was before.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited January 2015

April - hope your DH feels better and your appt next month goes well. BC is a gift that just keeps on giving.

Gigi - I love the pic too. I have worn red lipstick - with a red outfit and I feel like a street walker but it agrees with you. I have OCD too...the proverbial poster child for worrying and anxiety. Sorry about the delay in getting the closing done on your house. That is so maddening.

Cindy - sorry your are sick. Bronchitis is the pits but wow does that cough syrup with codeine help. Finally able to sleep. Hey I live in Tennessee and I am a wimp too with cold weather. Have to admit though 9 degrees is definitely frigid. Cant wait for Spring.  OMG do our two pups need training. They have chewed on literally everything despite the fact I have purchased bones of every shape and size and toys right and left. They like to bite and play with soda bottles - plastic of course so they have those too but they still chew on everything. We had to lock the kitchen cabinets where the sos pads, etc., are because they got in there and chewed those up, sponges, soap and on and on. Had to leave them open so the pipes wouldn't freeze. That's after Christmas ornaments, the wiring on the tree, 2 pairs of glasses, blankets....ugh. I know they are babies but some days....Good thing they are cute and I love them.

Brookside - What is radiation recall?

Right there with you Dogsneverlie...hope 2015 is a good year for all of us?

Stay warm everyone!

Diane

• rmlulu
    edited January 2015

Josie - ha ha...basic agility to get more exercise...pup is bored here...this is the intro class...but if I had been of sane mind I would have watch a utube video and realized there is just no way I can move that fast...sorry honeymoon is over...hide in the back!

Diane - brrr...chuckle on the sos pads...poor sponge bob! Np ups make life interesting:) recall is reheating...the glow come back with all the lovely perks & itch & peel.

• Redheaded1
    edited January 2015

You mean we are like ---self-combustible??????  Or does something trigger it????

Nobody told me that could happen.........

• josie123
    edited January 2015

Cindy, it's ok. I'm not going anywhere. It's just weird ,by now you'd think I'd connect with someone and have some friends but people around here are kind of different and maybe eventually I'll get to know people and connect. I'm kind of funny like that. I always feel like I need to be close to someone at work. I only see the people in other departments at lunch. They all eat with people from their department.Yesterday I met a women that really works by herself in the records dept. She's really nice. We talked for a while and are about the same age.be things for sure we are fed well. They bring lunch several times a week."they" are the reps from different pharmaceutical company's.Today we had 2 different lunches and one of our reps came after lunch and brought Panera. Coffee, crumb cake, scones.

Diane, sounds like your having a time with those pups. Monday night my DD worked a double so I came home to 2 pups in my living room. They didn't mess or destroy anything. And I sent them outside to play with my dog. They had a time.Then they all came in and slept for a while. Luckily DD came and got them before bedtime.DR is creating them while she's at work but the one crate is broke so that pup gets out often.They do pretty week though.