Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited February 2015

Joan, sorry you lost your long post. That's frustrating. Good idea Brookside had to copy before hitting send.I'm sorry your having anxiety. Nothing is worse than being uhh p late and having to work the next day too. Hoping you were able to get some rest.

Brookside, yes your right it is so nice no matter how rough my day is the fact that I can leave knowing there is no pending work waiting for me the next day and everyday is a fresh start.Yesterday I witnesses my c o worker make a pretty big mistake. And she knew I witnessed it. This woman has been there for 15yrs. It could of happened to anyone. And easily fixed but could of been worse if I didn't catch it. I didn't say a thing to her .She knew what she did. I just went on .

I had a snowy ride home tonight. It started alerting and turned into snow by rush hour . Made it home safely.

Redheaded, neat story about your neighbor He plays at your garage sales? How cool.And cleans your driveway too? Lucky.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited February 2015

Good evening one and all.  As usual I am so far behind in both reading and writing.  I promise one day to sit down and catch up on everyone.  I do think of all of you and so hope everyone is doing well.

For those struggling with ongoing medical issues, please take good care and sending you all tons of healing energy.

I know we all struggle from time to time with family problems, work problems, etc.  How I wish I could play Dorothy and tap my heels and fix all the problems.  It is such a complex world these days.  Sigh.

I watch the weather daily and feel so bad for so all of you experiencing the endless winter.  We are lucky here near Boise to have very bland weather compared to the rest of the country.  I can imagine how weary most of you are with the frequent blizzards and brutal cold.  Now of course my poor west coast friends are dealing with torrential downpours after long drought.  What is wrong with Mother Nature this year?  It truly is feast or famine.  We continue to have cool, very dreary weather but no extremes in temps.  We have had snow once all winter and some very light rain from time to time.  I complain about the weather here being so boring but I am sure most of you would love some boring.  I'll talk to Ma about it LOL.  The only thing we need here is to finally see the sun.  I do miss that as I don't do well for weeks on end without it.

A few of the 'old timers' on here might remember Elizabeth.  She is doing great, I think some remember she and her husband took a detour on vacation a couple years ago and spent the night with us.  She is the only person I have met thus far from the BC forum.  It certainly confirmed what I knew anyway, that online friends are very real.  We talk frequently and we are so close.  Her birthday is in April and she daughter and Dh wanted to know what she wanted this year.  She told them she wanted to come to Idaho and visit her dear friend.  Me!  I am overwhelmed by this, I have never been a birthday gift before.  She lives near Boston and thought May would be a good month to travel.  She made her reservations and will arrive May 3 and leave on May 7.  This means the world to me and I know we will enjoy this special time together.  I am so lucky!

This is all part of my bucket list.  One day I hope to be able to travel and I have a very long list of wonderful, brave, warm and intelligent, compassionate women to see.  When we win the lottery of course we will meet in the middle somewhere and everyone can meet up together.  My dream.  Travel on me, and all accommodations of course.  That will be one amazing party!  :)

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2015

Just Janis That's wonderful!!! Yes the friends we make on here truly are amazing.

No word from Big D? I do think of her often & worry about her.

Had my biopsy today. It has been a blizzard for the last 2 days. Temp -30C, windy. Roads were not too bad, a lot of icy patches & ground drifting. I get my results in about 10 days. He did bloodwork as it has been over a yr. He also ordered a CT scan on the 19th. So now we wait. Hubby got excellent at his surgeon appointment. He goes back to work next week.

Hugs to all Fran

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited February 2015

Great news for your hubby charger! We are having a heat wave in Central Il.. 30 above zero...snow melting, and may be mid 40's tomorrow..... But frozen fog in the a.m.

Janis, I hope you win that lottery soon!  I don't want to meet in the middle---I want to meet on a warm beach..

Josie, maybe winter will slack off for a couple weeks anyway eh???

Healing thoughts to all of you.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited February 2015

So, Janis, how wonderful to be a birthday present! I'm imagining you greeting Elizabeth all wrapped up in a wonderful quilt and with a big bow on top of your head. And when you win that lottery. I'll be right there on your doorstep, firmly in party mode. I do wish Big D would/could answer one of your calls.

Charger, how wonderful that your husband has finally gotten the old heave-ho from convalescent status and will be diving back into work. Well, hopefully he'll take it a bit easy for the first few days. I'll bet next weekend will be very, very welcome. Glad you had the biopsy, but what a long, long, lonnnnggg wait for results! Are they sending the sample somewhere by pony express? Or is it a matter of finding an available timeslot see the doc? It'll be good to have the bloodwork and CT scan, of course, just so you can see how nice and normal everything turns out.

Happy thoughts, everyone.

• josie123
    edited February 2015

Janis, how neat to be a birthday present. I'm so happy for you. That's something to look forward to. The other day I searched Idaho it looks like a beautiful state. But I didn't realize that the sun has been so absent. I love the sun. Our weather has been pretty mild this winter also . The snow and Ice we had the other day was short lived and melted by the next day.Our forecast for today is sunny and 64°.I love to go out on the front porch and sit in the morning Sun. Even if my porch is literally falling apart it's still nice.Maybe when the tax money comes in I can get DH to do some much needed repairs. I hope for some new carpet too.

Fran, I'm glad your biopsy is all over for you. The waiting is the worst. I'm praying for B9 results for you. I'm glad to hear your DH is doing better. That's got to be a relief.

Redheaded, our winter has been extremely mild. I'm actually wishing for maybe a little more winter before spring.I know be careful what you wish for.

My DH is off tonight and will be taking me out for dinner. He won't tell me where we are going. It's a surprise. He works on Valentine s day so I guess this is our Valentine's day a week early.Maybe I'll post a selfie. No guarantees though.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited February 2015

Quiet here??  nobody on Sunday?
    At least I'm caught up.
    Am heading to bed to try to sleep...did a lot of sorting and straightening this week end.  Dh made a turkey dinner so we have leftovers for the week.  Yay...
    More rain/sleet/snow on the way here.  Last Wednesday my car wouldn't start so Dh had to drive me to work....he replaced the battery and it seems fine.  DD went to the ER all day - I was at work so upset but she is OK.  Usually I'd drop everything and go, but I had a night class and had only met once in 2 weeks. 
    Here's hoping for B9 results for those who had biopsies or mammos.  The waiting is the worst.
    Sew, SAB, did you get those big rains?  I hope you are tucked in and dry.
    My DD is getting another foot or more of snow on top of 50+" from the last two weeks. It's melted down some, but they will not see the ground for awhile. 
    Brookside, sounds like you are in the snow belt again tonight.  I hope you are warm and safe...and planning to work from home once again.
    Quitting time here...Mondays are tough for me (leave house at 7, return home after 9:30)...but I will try to keep in touch.
    xoxo
    Joan

• josie123
    edited February 2015

Joan, enjoy that leftover turkey. That will help you sleep. I hope you don't get too much snow . We had such warm temps this weekend it was like 64° yesterday and sunny. I hope your DD is ok.

Yesterday I got to see my Aunt in rehab. It was so heartbreaking. She was in a wheelchair and her arm resting in a brace. She repeats what you say sometimes but seems to understand you and can talk. Which is a great improvement.It's so scared how quickly your life can change in a moment.

More from me later. Got to take DD to school.

• 70charger
    edited February 2015

Joan with those working hours anyone would be tired. Don't know how u do it.

Josie Nice that u got to visit with your Aunt. It is hard to see a loved one like that. Huggers ((( )))

Didn't sleep this weekend, panic attacks cause of waiting biopsy results. 10 days is such a long time to wait. Then last night our friends called. They went out Sat night, stayed the night, came home to an empty house. They were robbed of everything, even the food from the freezer. Vehicles, all personal & company paperwork, banking info, furniture, clothing, tools, everything gone. One vehicle was left behind as it has a built in kill switch & they couldn't get it started, but they did take a set of keys for it. It is a collector car worth a lot of money. We are helping them move it today. Devastating to say the least.

Huggers to all, thinking of you. Fran

• Redheaded1
    edited February 2015

70s Charger---I am saying a prayer that your panic attacks and anxiety be released from your body and that peace may  fill those spots where tension resides.  Waiting for results is not easy.  Our minds race with possibilities and we imagine the worst.  We mill the same thoughts over and over, unable to concentrate on anything else.  A gentle reminder is that fretting and worry will do nothing to speed the results or change the outcome.  Help us to focus on the good results that can come from this. May we be ever  confident in the Lord's ability to restore health to the mind, body and spirit. I entrust you to his care .  Amen.

• 70charger
    edited February 2015

AWWW Thank You Red!  ((huggers))).

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited February 2015

Janis - that is so cool being her birthday present. We don't have the brutal weather either - just cold.

Fran - prayers coming your way for good results from the biopsy. I would be a nervous wreck too. Waiting is so hard. So sorry for your friends. I know they are so devastated. I hope the police find their things and the low lifes who took them.

Redhead - that prayer is beautiful.

Josie - I know it's tough to see your aunt that way - it's good you visited her. So many older people don't have visitors. It is so sad. Friend and I are going to volunteer at the Alzheimer's daycare facility. We have to go through training which I'm sure we will need. I have a personal interest too because my MIL has Alzheimer's. There cannot be a more debilitating illness.

DS went to a rugby tournament in New Orleans over the weekend. Back yesterday. His first trip there and probably his last. I used to live in Baton Rouge - 80 miles from New Orleans. Made Mardi Gras one time. DH and I went there pre-Katrina for 3 days when we were first married. Had a lot of fun but he doesn't want to go back either. Crime is rampant even worse than downtown Memohis and that's saying a lot.

Darling canines drove me crazy this past weekend. They managed to dig their way under the fence to the neighbor's backyard. DH had to put up stakes all along the side of the fence. No way they can escape now.

Have a good week everyone!

Diane

• josie123
    edited February 2015

Diane, yes it was hard to see my Aunt that way. My father was even shocked. She has actually come a long way. After all a few weeks ago they told us she wasn't going to make it. I felt so guilty It took me this long to see her. She didn't seem to mind but I guess it's just good I was there.

Good for you that your volunteering at the Alzheimer's facility. Sorry to hear your MIL is afflicted with that terrible disease. I had a neighbor that had it. So sad.

Glad your DS came back from his trip with no harm. It's a shame the crime was so bad.You would think they would have a better handle on the crime there especially with the amount of visitors they have there. Like I can talk ,my city will probably be 1st on the list for the highest crime.

We have a digger in our yard too. She's got such deep holes you could fit inside of it.My DH just can seem to get them filled up.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited February 2015

Think I'm in shock..Dr called...hubbys bladder cancer has metastized to his colon, rectum, lungs...breathe. Hubby looks like a concentration camp victim...so skinny&weak :(. Busy getting all his records ready. Friday we will go back to USC Keck Cancer Center to meet Oncologist and discuss path results and options. More appointments the next week..not sure if hubby is strong enough to remove mass in colon/rectum. Feel like we are in a nightmare and I want out now!

Charger - prayers coming your way {{{squeeze}}} waiting is so hard..in your pocket

Josie - did you have a good date night xoxo you are such a gift to your family...aunt, brother, dad <3

JANIS - the Bday sounds like a fun time :)))

Joan - work work...and in the snow too! Sending our sunny 86 degree heat to melt that white stuff...but it's needed here do to the drought.

Red - Luv the prayer!

Brookside - staying warm...brr

BigD - prayers&hugs

Diane - Luv the pups! Time out...but where to lock them up...hummm

Going to have a sip of red wine and a piece of dark organic chocolate...

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

Hubbys going to die when he meets Dr and its a girl! Cute blond:)))

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited February 2015

Cindy,

You are one brave, strong woman. You get devastating news, and still send individual notes to all of us. I'm so sorry to hear this diagnosis for your hubby, I guess with all he's been through recently that it makes the most sense. He's been having such a difficult time trying to recuperate from the last surgery. I think the heck with just a sip of wine....this requires the entire glass or 2. And being on the chocolate. Take a deep breath, another sip of wine, and know we are all pulling for both him and you....(hugs)

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited February 2015

Cindy I don't know what to say.  I am so sorry for the terrible news.  I hate cancer so much.  I wish with all my heart I could reach out and give you a huge hug.  I know how out of sorts you must be feeling right now.  How is DH reacting?   I wish I had something profound to say to take this nightmare away.  Nothing I am going through right now is as devastating as your sad news.  It kind of puts things in perspective.  Sending love, hugs and hope to you both.  PM me if there is anything you need, even a late night chat.  :)

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited February 2015

Just popped in to say hello and saw your news Cindy. Love and hugs to you, how I wish there was some way to help.

Fran, I saved some hugs for you too. Waiting is so hard.

Hello everyone else. All is well here. Susan

• 70charger
    edited February 2015

Cindy BIGGEST HUGS EVER ((( )))). Also sending a virtual passport so you can escape the nightmare. I'm so sorry you guys have to be dealing with this.

• brooksidevt
    edited February 2015

So sorry, Cindy. After all he's been through, such lousy, rotten news! Sending strength for both of you, hugs and prayers, and hope. Lots of hope!

Fran, I cannot imagine how it must feel to arrive home and find nothing, absolutely nothing! Even the frozen food? And after just one overnight! Is this kind of thing going around in your area? I hate to even think it, but it kind of sounds as though someone knew they'd be away.

Joan, I'm visualizing you industriously burning the candle at both ends, and comparing my schedule. Yes, I stayed home yesterday. Again. Have to brave the snowy roads today (Nearby Mount Snow and Stratton Mountain both claim 22 inches, so I guess that's what I've got too.). My manager is coming to take me to lunch and hear all about my plans for a successful year. Ummmmm. I plan to stun him with my gorgeous office and change the subject a lot.

Josie, so glad you were able to see your aunt. Those first vists, where everyone is sort of all bunched up, probably got all bunched up in her mind, if she remembers them at all. It's the later-on visits, once she's feeling a bit better, and once the visitor parade kind of slows down, that mean the most. If you'd been there in the beginning, it might have meant more to you than to her.

Such crafty and creative doggies, Diane. Reminds me of that movie, "The Great Escape." I'm thinking probably your neighbor has a fence too, or they'd have been busily exploring the entire neighborhood.

• MostlySew
    edited February 2015

Charger, I'm thinking you should join Cindy on the virtual passport and just bypass all this waiting for results stuff.....just jump to the day they tell you all is A-OK..... you've got a CT scan coming up too, don't you? so just bypass that one too. What a shock for your friends. You see movies with that plot, but I've never heard of it actually happening. How positively horrid. They didn't even leave the photo album!

• 70charger
    edited February 2015

1st off  Cindy, I can't stop thinking about your nightmare. Such big hugs sent your way.

Sew   Yes CT is on 19th. Thanks. I just sent my passport in for renewal, not going out of country just yet, but Cindy can come to Canada, we can meet up & go virtual fly fishing. wink wink cindy.

SAB you are a tight hugger, thanks.

As for my friends robbery. He was VERY emotional when he called. He kept saying everything was gone, ALL gone. We went there yesterday. We had to take the spoiled food from their freezer to the dump as their truck was gone. They still have furniture left. So they did not lose everything as he had told me. The robbers were high. Lots of evidence left behind. Truck has been found in a ditch. Some of the credit cards have been found and someone tried to access their bank account so the video is being looked at. As far as I know it was just random.

Hubby has gone into work this afternoon. First time since Dec. Gives me time to process my nightmare. Don't know what to think anymore.

No word or further detective work on Big D? I don't have a good feeling about this.

Shouts & hugs out to all. Fran

• josie123
    edited February 2015

Oh Cindy, ((((hugs))))))I am so shocked to hear about your husbands recent diagnosis. I am so sorry. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers. It's just not fair. I wish it weren't true. I know it just seems like a nightmare right now. Your probably on auto pilot.

FRan hugs to you also. I'm still keeping you in my thoughts also for B9 results.

How terrible about your neighbors. I can't believe people. I hope they catch them soon.

• rmlulu
    edited February 2015

Thank You! Sew, JANIS, Fran, Diane, Josie, Brookside, SAB, et al! I feel the warmth of your (((hugs)))

Fran let's escape to St Bart's...ready! I got my bikini...ready to float away, wiggle toes in sand...and cocktails!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• MostlySew
    edited February 2015

If there's cocktails I want to come too......

• Redheaded1
    edited February 2015

CINDY----SHIT- SHIT SHIT....How's that for knowing what to say?.  Actually another word came to mind, but I would never type it.......I am so sorry   Know that we are all in your pockets, DH pockets,  WE ARE SURROUNDING YOU.......hope you can feel us....  Now that the bad side of me has said those words,  the good part of me will pray....very hard... You know you are going to a great place for care and treatment  and they will find something that will work surely.    ((HUGS)) 

I ate 1/2 a pint of Chunky Monkey for supper so if you want WINE go for it......

• rmlulu
    edited February 2015

RED - Hee Hee! So right...€### Icall my pup chunky monkey:)))

My fav is oatmeal cookie dough with lots of walnuts&chocolate chips! tX has the best ice cram Java chip with coconut almond chip...yummm! Gosh...where the sugar:)))

(((Hugs))) 2 U 2

• brooksidevt
    edited February 2015

Did someone mention cocktails? And wine? And beach? The heck with these local meet-ups. Let's all meet somewhere with sun. Ummm. I mean SUN! And a bar, of course.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited February 2015

((((Cindy and hubby))) Words escape me right now...so very sad for you both. xoxo

To all of you, have been slamming busy at work with no time for anything but nose to the grindstone. Know that I think of all of you and care. xo

• MostlySew
    edited February 2015

Hi April, the problem with that you know is that your nose tends to get all scuffed and scabby......so do take care.. LOL

Brookside...I'm with you,

• josie123
    edited February 2015

Ok remember I promised a picture of my Valentine date with my dh. Here it is

He suprised me and took me to a Mexican restaurant!! The margarita was good but kind of made me sick burped for the rest of the night. How romantic right?