Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Between the Devil ( the red one) and the deep blue sea

Options

Comments

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    Options

I think I will make her sauerkraut balls on the 16th.  She loved those things, and she made me so curious about them.

Anybody know where the recipe is?

Golly, I miss her. 

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

im so glad you're "behind it, too" ruthbru: i think it'll do her proud.. and something "Daddy, Tim, and her friends can see ...

i also made a friend on photobucket, who taught me to use an awesome site, with photo frames, etc.. so, anyone who can't post a pic, pm me, and i'll post it, and you can write down your thoughts...

Grannydukes, do you still have the info with the camera? mine came with instructions to download it to the comouter, cause i     am a complete moron.. have to take it out, and read it everytie!!

if not, my hubs lost the one from the OTHER camera we have.. i googled the name, and make, and then printed out the instructions...

even sympathy cards for the family will do nicely.. i can get some uploaded, or you can scan them in your comouter with your printer... im so pschyed!!I can't go, but still feel like i can honor her, as she soo deserves!!!  love you all.........3jays

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

Would someone please summarize what we are doing to do the "shower" for Marybe on the 16th.  Is there a thread we are going to? If so please post a link.  Thanks. 

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,060
    Options

lulubee, I did a search and found Marybe's recipe for Sauerkraut Balls. She posted it May 13, on page 20 of this thread. Just click the link; it's the second post after the OP.

• The Mods

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

gonna hunt down the instructions and try to figure this damn thing out once and for all.....

its gonna be a challenge cause this brain is not workin at all this week...those meds are killin me.

by sunday the 16th i betta have something to post.even if its just words.

gonna get it done....gonna do it......watch me!!!!!!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options
    Grannydukes did you see this? It's a tutorial on how to post your pictures on photobucket and then using the links there to post on this site: linky
  • Frapp
    Frapp Member Posts: 343
    Options

Mods...thanks for showing where the recipe is!!! You're the Best!

• moderators
    Options

grannydukes, about posting pictures...one of the long-time members, nowheregirl, has put together an illustrated tutorial about how to coax pictures from your computer onto BCO. Her link to the instructions is in the first post of her thread.

Oops, lago beat me to it again! Thanks!  Smile

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    Options

boy those saurkraut balls sound delicious. 

• 3jaysmom
    Options

dear mods, i don't know how to do a search, but am looking for her famous "butt" cookies.. can you help? thanks.. you guys are the best!!!!3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    THANKS TO THE MODS, I FOUND THE "BUTT" COOKIES.. CAUSE OF MARYBE, IM still LEARNING HOW TO DO THINGS.. AND ALL BC THE MODS SAID THEY DID A SEARCH. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WE COULD DO THAT, SO THANX MODS!!!!!!sorry for the caps, wandering fingers with neuropathy.............3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    see ya here, ladies tommorrow. and anyone needs help, pm me.. i think, thanx to the mods, and Lago, we got it all good.......3jays
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,883
    Options

Don't know if I will make them on Sun., but I will make them at some point.  For others asking about her sauerkraut ball recipe, I went to that page and respaced it for easier reading.  I'll reprint below, if anyone else wants to copy and paste for their recipe files.

----------------------------------------

MARYBE'S SAUERKRAUT BALLS

OK, here is the recipe for the sauerkraut balls.  They can be frozen after they are cooked and heated up in the oven which is what I am doing. 
    I freeze them in a large pan and then once they they frozen, can throw them in a bag.  One recipe makes about 30 balls....

8 oz pkg. sausage crumbled  
    1/4 cup onion finely chopped  
    14 oz can sauerkraut, well drained and chopped
    2 Tbsp dry bread crumbs 
    3oz. pkg cream cheese  
    2 Tbsp chopped parsley 
    1 tsp.dry mustard  
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1/4 tsp garlic salt

1/4 c flour   
     2 eggs beaten  
    1/4 c milk  
    3/4 c. dry bread crumbs   
    Oil for deep frying

Cook sausage and onion,  Drain.  Add kraut and 2 Tbsp crumbs.  Combine cr.cheese, parsley, mustard, garlic salt and pepper.  Mix with kraut mixture.  Chill and shape into 3/4 in balls. 

Roll in flour...then roll balls in milk and egg mixture until coated and then roll in bread crumbs.  Then you fry  until they are a light brown.  Place on paper towels to remove excess grease.   Your kitchen will smell like these for days, but it's a good smell.

Serve these with a mustard sauce or curry dip....honey mustard salad dressing will work.  

• 3jaysmom
    Options

THANX . ELIMAR.. TRY TO POST IT TOMMORROW, IF YOU CAN ON THE THREAD WE'RE DOING THE SHOWER OF CARDS ON.. IN MEMORY OF  MARYBE   at you, hunny,ANY WOMEN COPIED, COOKED, AND LOVED THAT RECIPE..3JAYS

• 3jaysmom
    Options

Had to delete the last one, having trouble typing with the neuropathy...

Maybe you could post it on IN MEMORY OF MARYBE's thread tommorrow, for the "shower of cards " we're trying to do to honor her,and try to show Tim and Daddy, as well......3jays

• FireKracker
    Options

Thanks Lago and the mods.I saved it to my fav.my printer broke so ill copy it down and do it tomorrow.

Im gonna do it.....i swear ill do it.....im on the puter over 50 yrs.whats wrong with me?

• 3jaysmom
    Options

gR

sorry about caps.. nueropathy is acting up toniteANNY DUKES, SENT SOME STUFF TO YOU'RE PM JUST "IN CASE" 3JAYS

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    sent you a pm "just in case" for tommorrow....3jays
  • FireKracker
    Options

Thanks for the pm 2jays.....it kicked me off the internet.....stupid puter...probably did something wrong BUT I did post a note to Marybe.....Gone but never forgotten.

huggggggggggs everyone....we need all the hugggs we can get.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Where are people posting this?

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,031
    Options

Topic: In memory of Marybe

Forum: I've Donated to Breastcancer.org in honor of....

• moderators
    Options

Lago, check the In Memory of Marybe thread, here:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/100/topic/793007

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

Oh my, I have not been on the boards for so long, then to read this...

Marybe...what a dear kind woman who gave so much...here is my hope you are dancing with the angels

BarbA...you are indeed as special as I thought the short time I met with you in Houston.....actions speak so very much louder than words

• Survivorwoman
    Survivorwoman Member Posts: 70
    Options

I am in shock to find out the sad news about Marybe. May she rest in peace.

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    Options

I miss Marybe.  Happy she's at rest and probably somewhere baking pumpkin manna cookies for the saints... but I miss her.

• FredV45
    FredV45 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Barbe, PS often comes with ongoing stomach and bowel issues like you describe. From my research it's because of the way the operation affects the gastric workings (stomach movement, acid secretion and period to its opening after a meal), and sometimes because when the inevitable adhesions form they sometimes restrict the intestines or other associated organs like the liver and gall bladder.  As you say, you learn to live with it and make adjustments when needed. Best wishes.

• JulieLynn
    JulieLynn Member Posts: 86
    Options

I haven't been on since the summer. I'm just heartbroken....Marybe you are a shining star filled with so much love and inspiration. RIP.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,883
    Options

Doing some chemo myself for the first time, so I finally glimpsed some "Red Devil" in the little hangy bag.  It had an ill-favored look, as my buddy Shakesy would day.  Think I'd rather take my chances with the deep blue sea.  Less kidney failure, more dolphins!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

As I see the run up to the final Breaking Bad season she keeps popping into my mind

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Eli, did you have a recurrence? Oh I hope not. Miss Marybe every day.