Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Between the Devil ( the red one) and the deep blue sea

Options

Comments

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    Options

Barb - Thanks for sharing the memorial info and Tims kind words with us.  I so wish I could attend, I miss her terribly.

Eph3 - well said!

Positive Thoughts and Healing Prayers to everyone!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Options

Just stopping in for my daily dose of camaraderie. Barbara, great pictures, and again thank you from the bottom of my heart for being with Marybe. Like it or not, you are an inspiration to us...well done :)

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    Options

I have been stopping by here every day as well. I have only been here about 6 weeks now and yet I can't stop thinking about Marybe. Wish she could have stayed a while longer. Peace and healing to you all.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

I have been going through my pictures of Marybe and all the times we got to be together. I will be posting them as soon as I get to a real computer. Have not figured out how to post pics from my iPad. I still miss her so much, I did get a chance to talk to BarbA yesterday and that has helped me a lot. BarbA you are the best friend ever! Hope you know how much I love you.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

3jays....I happened to find this on Google Images when I typed in "Marybe"....Thought you would like it!

Feeding time at the zoo

I think she posted it in "Pet's are Good Therapy" in 2009....  (Edited, because I'm not sure of the date.)

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,065
    Options
    This is so lovely to see of Marybe and her furry kids! Thanks so much for sharing!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,035
    Options

So sweet! Thanks....

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Thanks for find the photo.

Today I was scanning my numbers in my mobile phone and say Marybe's name. Made me smile. So happy I knew her.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    Options

I love this photo of Marybe and her little friends. Which dog was the black and white dog?  or perhaps just a visitor. 

Thank you for posting a photo that to me captures so much of Marybe. 

Ginger 

• Chevyboy
    Options

I don't know her pets... she talked about them on that thread.... Maybe Barb or 3jays knows....  But anyone who cares so much for their pets, is an angel! 

• Chevyboy
    Options

I think Marybe started this thread!

Cincinnati, OHJoined: Apr 2009Posts: 3,192

Marybe wrote:

This really doesn't have a lot to do with our condition or treatment, although maybe it does because I DO believe pets are good therapy.  You ladies have all been a wealth of information and support for me even though I only joined the message boards this year, but sometimes it is nice to talk about something other than BC.  I note that many of you have pets from the pics you have posted so why not start a post about them, funny and odd things they do, how they are always there for us.  I have three, my husband brought his dog into the marriage with him, a rat terrier named Brattie. Brattie is a very sweet dog, but too timid for his own good.....however he is brave with the other dog and drags the poor little thing all over the place by his collar.   I had George, a cat who is now about 5 or 6 yrs old and adopted him only because I was trying to find home for the lab pups up the street and this woman could only take one if she got rid of one of her cats.  I used to be highly allergic to cats and although I did not hate them, really did not like cats, but now I LOVE George and he is just the greatest cat, talks to me all the time and minds better than the dogs.  Then there is Harley, a 9 1/2 lb Silky terrier whom we bought off of Craigslist.  He is not the best looking Silky, but he is the sweetest and if he would just leave the cat alone he would be a wonderful dog in spite of the fact he likes to run away....he is 2 1/2 and weighs l lb less than the cat!!   I love animals and don't know what I would do without them.  I had a Silky terrier for 17 1/2 years named Sydney(got him right after my reconstruction was finished cuz I wanted to be over and done with that before dealing with a pet)  and although Harley does not replace him , his breed is what attracted me to him when I saw him listed.  I have at least one new funny story to tell every week involving the boys and am sure you with pets do also.  . Must go and feed them now.

Marybe
    Dx 4/1998, IDC, Stage IV, 0/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Post a reply

THIS IS WHAT SHE POSTED WHEN SHE STARTED THIS THREAD, WITH THE PICTURE.....

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,553
    Options

Both Marybe an d Tim had a dog......so I presume the black and white one was Tim's. 

Hugs, Jackie

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    Options

George is gorgeous!!!

Marybe had some wonderful human friends too! I wish you all peace as you remember her. She certainly was nice and supportive of me, as she was with so many of us.

xo

Rose.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Im still soooo sad.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

I wonder what Marybe is thinking looking down at all of us and seeing this photo of her and her fur friends "butt" shots. I bet she's cracking up.

It's time to laugh. That's what Marybe would want. Hang in there grannydukes. "Fucktober" is next month. You can start getting all pissed at the pink farts coming up before you know it. Laughing

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    Options

The animal photo brought back a Marybe memory. In one of my first PM's with Marybe we discovered a real connection. I mentioned that I was born in Vanceburg, KY. This is what she wrote me: "Vanceburg!!   Brickyard there, correct?.  My hometown is Portsmouth which is right across the river.  We bred our poodle when I was in college.....the boy dog was from Vanceburg....belonged to a Dr.Berturm who lived there."

My sister and I were both delivered by Doc Bertram (in home deliveries - no hospital in Vanceburg). Small world was what Marybe said ... how true! How I miss those PM's. It is amazing to me how many of you were lucky enough to have met Marybe in person! What a gal!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

thanx so much for the pic.. i'm not sure (but will find out) i think the black n white one is brattie, indeed, Tims dog..

i

ve been finding all  kinds of pics she sent me.. ii even  remember when she posted this one, talking about her Jammies. and we teased her did they have bottoms...3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Options

she was showing her countertop. she faux painted it, and another one at her daddys....

hearing all these memories, stories, is soo nice!  3jays

• Chevyboy
    Options

3jays.....  You were her "specian angel".......  And I'm sure Marybe knows how much she meant to you.  We all thought so much of her, because she was just "always there" when we were afraid.

Her photos looked and sounded so happy.......If you "look around that kitchen".......  You will see so many cute things, like the valances, the plants in the window, and it looked "stocked" with everything Marybe needed and loved!

That look on the cats face, makes you know who was "boss" in that family! Wink 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Marybe so loved George. She was devastated when he died. Thanks for that pic.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,883
    Options

I like seeing Marybe in her dental scrubs.  That avatar of hers made her look like a paralegal. 

Poor little Harley, the Silky (looks like Yorkie.)   I think animals have their own way to know when their humans are sick.  That was so nice (for both of them) that he got to go to her hospital bed.

Is anyone on here able to go to her memorial party?

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

I would like to but the unexpected trip tapped me out. I'll be there in spirit.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

Chevy - thanks for that picture of Marybe.  She looks like she is in her element - in her kitchen surrounded by the pets she loves.  And food!  I like the dental scrubs, too - just a great picture!  Hope her furbabies are coping alright without Mommy around.  And Tim, and her Daddy - bless them all.

• FireKracker
    Options

Barb---can I jump in your pocket for the spirit party.We can do one here ya know.

As you can see everyone loved marybe....makes me sad that I missed goin to the outer banks to meet her.If i remember correctly my sciatica went out.

When should our party begin?

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    Granny, someone said we'd do a "shower of cards" posts, etc.. on the "in memory of Marybe thread.. the same day they're doing it in Ohio.. so, get it ready, and we'll do it there, on sept 16th!!!  I hope we have a good turnout.. she was so loved by us all.. doesn't matter how many ya want to do, or what you want to post.. it'll be something nice for Tim, Daddy, and her friends to have........3jays edited to say tell everyone else you talk to!!
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

Wish I could get to Cincy for the memorial service Sunday but just can't so will be there in spirit.

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    Options

Love that picture of Marybe and pets. Love her kitchen and garden! So homey.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,035
    Options

Do something meaningful, and maybe even fun on the 16th, and think of her and her zest for life.

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

What Ruthbru said, then come to the "In Memory of Marybe" thread and post pictures of what you did to enjoy life, live life to the fullest, maybe pictures of your favorite gardens or your pets.  Since Marybe prefers "living" flowers instead of cut flowers, a picture shower of flowers/gardens seems a fitting tribute.  And because of her love of animals, your pet pictures would also seem to be a great idea.

• FireKracker
    Options

I have a camera full of pics but i dont know how to put them on the puter.

does anyone know the steps.im not a complete moron.just cannot figure it out.