Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Between the Devil ( the red one) and the deep blue sea

Options

Comments

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Marybe, I know the 4th treatment is over by now but do hope it went well.  Hope you get a big surprise and the markers are down too.  Loved, loved the photos of your old hometown.  It's always sort of a bittersweet journey to go back, though, isn't it?  So many of the places you remember aren't there at all anymore, or have been changed into something else.  Such is progress, I suppose, but I was still shocked to drive by the house I grew up in---the new owners cut down all the old, beautiful trees, those magnificent pines, that used to be there.  Looks so stark now.  Anyhow, glad you had a good trip and had fun!

Kathy

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    Options

Marybe:  Loved your trip down memory lane.  I love to do that as well...it is so much fun!  There are a lot of ladies in Florida, so if you come this way, we should all get together!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options
    for sure, we will Kaara!!for sure.. we won't let her get away that easy!!!!!3jays
  • cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    Options

I am so glad treatment is not stopping you from your adventures!

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    Options

Your trip home sounded wonderful Marybe. I love the old houses too, such beautiful detail.

Foo on the Dr scheduling you on a treatment day! 

GInger

•   The amazing thing was work went fine.....took a nap during treatment since they drag it out forever....was there almost 3 hrs.....did not have a patient scheduled til 2:30 and worked til 7 and it went just fine.   In some ways decadron is good.  I saw the PA and she suggested sleeping on my stomach.  I used to ALWAYS sleep on my stomach with my hands tucked under the pillow....they told me that had possibly contributed to my carpal tunnel ( long gone, had the surgery) and that also it was NOT good for the back....that I should sleep on my side or back so I switched years ago.  So maybe tonight I will try sleeping on my stomach again.  All I know if that I want to avoid the back surgery if at all possible.  The PA said that gift you gave Dr.C for Xmas was beautiful....he was showing everyone.  I said oh, I am so glad he liked it and I would have kept it, but I felt I should give it to him before I died and she gave me this sweet little smile and said Well, let's hope that's a long time off.  I will get the CA 27.29 results on Friday.....want to know, but don't if you know what I mean......See, that's the good thing, All of you do know exactly what I mean.

I have been upstairs visiting with Ellen and Sue.....Sue had BC awhile back....she did adriamycin....she said the one that reall hit her hard was the taxol so she and I had a big disussion about the SEs of the taxol drugs and we were comparing toenails.   Ellen said who ever would have thought we'd be sitting around talking about stuff like this.  Sue will leave tomorrow and then another friend, Stephanie will come.  After her treatment on Friday she will head back home.  Her white count was only 1.2 so I doubt if she gets adrimycin tomorrow, will probably just get her rads.   She is scheduled for a transfusion and got a big dose of some vitamins in an IV today.  This makes so much more sense than her traveling back and forth to Portsmouth every day.  Her husband was here last night and he brought one of his guitars and he and Tim were playing in the basement and Tim was showing him the guitars he has left as well as his newest ukes...so that was a nice diversion for Tim and also was nice for Jack,....something other than cancer to think about. 

Leah, did you ever figure out why you cannot see the pics I posted? 

I think I will go read awhile, it may make me sleepy. 

I

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Loved all your photos Marybe. Looks such a lovely place.

Pleased treatment went well today and that you enjoyed your friends visit.

Big hugs

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Marybe, still can't figure out why I can't see the pictures. And still can't see them.

Sign me frustrated.

Leah

• Leah, Are you on photobucket.....am not sure it that would have anything to do with it at all, but suppose anything is possible.   Alyson, Do you take methotrexate? 

TXK, My mother used to spend time visiting cousins in MCAllen TX....Macallen(?)...also have pics of her in Amirillo.....sorry if I am butchering these names. 

I wish I was sleepy. 

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    Options
    Marybe, it's Amarillo... pronounced by Texans as "am-uh-RIL-luh."  In Spanish it means "yellow" (which is pretty much the color of the soil out there) and sounds much spicier... "ah-mah-Rrree-yah."
  • Gingerbrew
    Options

Thanks for posting the photos larger. I tried clicking on them but it takes me to your photo site but doesn't let me see tham or of course choose to see the larger versions.

Anyhow thanks you did a great job on the decor. 

• PlantLover
    PlantLover Member Posts: 132
    Options

Marybe ... Loved the pics but sure wish you could make them a little larger.  So glad you had a good time!!

As far as the problems you're having with sleeping, can you take Benadryl or a store brand that contains diphenhydramine?  

Leah ...  What browser are you using? 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

So COOL that the doc was showing his gift around!! That must make you feel good. Feeling good, is, well, good!!!

We should run a lottery, with all proceeds going to you, of course, on your CA27/29 counts....is that too crass????

• lwd
    lwd Member Posts: 234
    Options

Marybe,

I have just found this thread.  Oh, I'm so hoping your treatment will yield GREAT results for you, that your markers decrease, and that you continue to feel well, and that you can continue to relish life.  You are such an inspiration!  Keep up the good work, and know how much you're loved!

Lane

• OK, let's do a lottery on the numbers.....they were 7,444 the day we started the adriamycin on Dec. 7.  But let's figure up somewhere good for the proceeds to go.....like I know I donated to help get someone one of those attachments for her computer since she could no longer type, but never heard if she got it.....we could do something like that....or we could donate to BCO.    Shall we do it on here or on my CA27.29 thread?  Heck no, it's not too crass.....we have to be able to make fun of ourselves every so often, don't we. I always have a little bet going with myself.  Optimistically I would guess 7,000....pessimistically I would guess 8,000.   What shall we bet $1.00? 

• Gingerbrew
    Options

I think we may need to make this an "on your honor" sort of raffle. For example if I pledge to send $10.00 to BCO if you numbers aren't less than 6000 and I am wrong then I donate my $10.00. Of course we could all make a pledge, guess and then send in our donation right then and if we win we get the pleasure of knowing we have donated to the very site that has allowed us all to know one another.

Does that sound like a good idea? 

GInger

we could call this the Marybe's Runnin the Numbers Virtual Raffle

• Well, Ginger, hate to be Ms. Negativity here, but I think you are going to owe BCO $10.00. Or Let's just keep track of it and do something really great with it.....like buy someone's pills who can't afford them. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,993
    Options
    If your numbers are down at all, I will donate $25 to a local charity....like the Humane Society or Salvation Army...you will get to pick. Cool
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

I wouldn't bet against you, Marybe, but I'm hoping the numbers are down.

So I'm in for ten bucks to BCO whatever the numbers.

It's not much but, like prayer and goodwill, every little bit helps.  {{hugs}}

• Marybe

Oh so glad I found this thread, I missed you! I haven't been reading the threads much just the reconstruction ones, for I finally had my exchange in October, but enough about me. You still sound your wonderful self full of optimism and the right attitude.

Happy belated birthday!

I too won't bet against you but will send $25.00 to BCO in your honor. Wishing for numbers under 5,000. Think positive and kick some butt

Keeping you in my prayers

Liz

• Gingerbrew
    Options

I am thinking I am going to make a donation in your honor too Marybe. You have cheered me up so many times and given me new hope others. I'll go see what it takes to do so right now.

Ginger

Done, easy to do. :) 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

I am making one also, Marybe. Praying for downward action.

• I am putting Ginger in charge of this since it was her idea.  I am really really hoping and praying that the numbers are down, but don't want to get too built up as I have not had them go the right direction for a long time now.  I am working today until 5:00 PM, but am going to call for the results and am going to ask them to just leave a message on my cell phone, which I can't find most of the time anyway so won't answer it.....or better yet, I will leave it in the car.   I want to know, but I don't want to know while I am still working just in case it is bad news.  Always try to have on my happy face at work.  I will let you all know tonight. 

The outcome is really already decided, I just don't know it yet.  That is the way I always look at scans and everything else....what's there is there, I just don't know it until the test results are in.  And I am still feeling fine other than this thing with my leg bothering me and we know that is a pinched nerve, not the cancer so hopefully I can get some relief from that with PT next year....NEXT YEAR!....it's almost here and we made it through another one!! 

Thank you, thank you all for your love and support. 

Just thought of this....maybe you can spread the word of the contest to some of the other threads, I don't know about honoring me so much because believe me, I am really no one special, BUT wouldn't it be great to raise a bunch of money for BCO since it has given so much to us!?  Also, I think you can use it as a tax deduction. 

• Kaara
    Options

Marybe:  I think your attitude is probably the reason you have done so well through all of your challenges and treatments.  When I was dx, I tried to adopt the same philosophy..."It is what it is"...I couldn't control or change that, so I worked on how I would respond going forward.  Although I received a positive path  report, I am ever mindful that it could change down the road, so I am doing everything possible to prevent that from happening.  My approach may be somewhat different from the conventional one, but it is just as diligent.

I'm going to be away for about a week, but sending you prayers and positive energy that everything works in your favor! 

• Correction, it was Barbe who came up with the crass idea of a lottery,  Ginger had the idea of a raffle contributing in my honor...honour in the king's English, is it? 

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Yes, Marybe. honour in the Queens English. We ain't got a King at the moment, and the one who is coming up next isn't the choice of the majority (Charles ). Most of us want William next.

Glad you're feeling good enough to keep on working, I really don't know how you cope.

Any plans for New Year ? Any cooking in the pipeline ? Look after yourself.

Thinking of you.

Isabella.

• barbe1958
    Options

Isabella, you guys know that the Queen is going to skip Charles and go right to William, don't you???? She hasn't considered Charles since Diana died.

• Kaara
    Options

barbe:  Isn't that why he married Camilla?  He knew he wasn't going to get the throne, so why not just enjoy the rest of his life!

• barbe1958
    Options

Yep!!! As soon as he married her, we knew he was out. Double divorcee!!!!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Marybe, I beg to differ with you.

You ARE someone special. I know you don't think of yourself that way, but that is how I think of you. 

Love ♥