Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

February 2012 Chemo

Comments

• Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983

Grit

Thanks for letting us know about Moonflwr.  I pray her surgery went well, she's stuggled in that regard in the past.

Hope the gyno appointment goes well. Fibroids can be a bugger. A friend of mine ended up getting a hysterectomy at age 40 but they left her ovaries in for hormone output.  Within 2 months they both shut down mind you and she was thrown into menopause.  She didn't really mind except for the raging she felt.  She's been on HRT ever since for 10 years.  I asked her if it freaked her out about the risks but she said, "honey, its about quality not quantitity".  About ag 48 for me (50 now) the sweats were increadible, yet I was still getting my period.  We were away for the weekend and she had be rub some Estrogel on my arm.  Man two weeks went by without so much as a warm flash.  I never did it again but I appreciate why she did.  No I don't beleive that's what caused by BC. I truly believe it was stress.

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

Feeling MUCH better! The itching resolved...well it probably took about 10 days or so. Did a pack of steroids...that helped, then it started to come back, but then it went a way. No more dermabond to me! I was fine with it after LX, SNL and UMX but reacted after port removal and now this. PS said it's rare but some people just develop a sensitivity to it.

Today was my first day back at work! Loved it! My energy level was good all day. My tummy got sore towards the end of the day but it was tolerable. I feel so happy! Life is getting back to normal! 

I hope everyone is doing well. Having fun doing anything that is not cancer related.

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644

Hi to everyone, my arm is getting worse and the breast care nurse says different. Had to change my sleeve so waiting for that. My neck is getting worse with stiffness and pain and is also bad around the ribs( had that since rads) I have physio once a week for 40 mins to these area's but has done no good. I go to see Onco on 16 th Sept and will tell her I'm thinking of asking for a scan just to put my mind at rest.

• christina0001

Totally understandable Ali. I wonder why the pain is getting worse. I felt like my joint pain got worse this past spring and I have no idea why. Took a lot of over the counter painkillers. Eventually it subsided. My aunt (also a survivor) says we can blame anything and everything on the tamoxifen. Does anything give you relief from the pain?

• ali68

Hi Christina, i take strong painkillers when very bad. I try not to take them and stick to paracetamol. You would think the SE would go by now but reading on here ladies still have it after three years. I want to get back into hill walking but it would cripple me for days after. So all i can do is walk 2 miles a day on flat surface. I know it's better than nothing but when i see my hill from my bedroom it makes me sad as i would go every other day. It was my time away from my family and everyday life problems. I spoke to a lady at the cancer centre once she said she got back into fitness too soon and is now paying for it with terrible joint pain. How are we going to lose weight and maintain it if we can't get the heart pumping.

My eldest daughter is home and she says i'm looking less grey on my face from the chemo.

Going to the hairdressers today, i put a colour on to hide the grey but i want some highlights. Last time they said no hair not up to it. Also need a good trim.

Well my rant is off my chest. Also DH thinks i should be back to normal now.

Love to everyone xx

• Myleftboob

Ali

You are back to normal, its just new. Don't you just love it when people think we should be "over it" by now.

• christina0001

There is no more normal. I use the word normal very loosely! Normal seems to change every 6 months for me.

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022

I get a new moment of fun every month. :-)

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Well hello ladies! So sorry to have not been here. Some had this thread fall off my favorites. I'll have to read back posts to see where every one is. I wasn't ignoring you, just to dumb to figure out this thread was broken! LOL.

Christina, I see you had your DIEP surgery, heal fast!

Ali, I hope you stay with low pain for a good long time. Grit, so sorry

You got an unwelcome visitor this month. So far so good on my surgery, although it looks like my drains will be in for 3 weeks. Yuck. He also took out that weird lump I had to have US done on, and he thinks doing that, because it was a fatty node, is what is causing the drainage. He is talking to the breast surgeon to see if he needs to go back in. The incision is almost healed, he gave me over 200 cc for fills so far, implant was started with 250. So now new one is as big as the right one circa 12-2011! LOL. I am still draining over80 cc day, that's a lot. He's worried about another infection if it stays in. Otherwise, I am feeling good. But I went for a blood test and ended getting an infusion of magnesium again! A full pfc! Oh well. I'm going to be reading the back posts now. Much love to all!

• christina0001

Monica it sounds like you have been a busy gal. Can't believe you are draining so much. Where does it all come from I wonder? Even after all I have been through, the body is still such a mysterious thing to me. I hope you are feeling well.

• moonflwr912

Christina, I really am feeling well. I haven't needed pain pills, and I am doing pretty good, except for needing another IV of magnesium yesterday. LOL.

Ok, I read back two pages. Lumps, now I know who to visit if I ever get to Hawaii. MLB, cats are really weird, my brother has a cat that is diabetic, they give him a shot every day. He's been doing that for more than four years. Much love. I still have a lot to read...

• moonflwr912

Faith so sorry you had to go through so much. Ali, hope your DH is better from now. Dipad,glad to see you back here. Dltnham, glad to see you. Hildy, hugs.

Ok, last time I was on here, some if you were interested in a Tarot reading.. Just PM me, and either give me your email, or phone#. I can do a reading over the phone or even by email. Phone lets you ask questions easier and is much less typing, LOL! Just let me know when you are available, 15 minutes to an hour depending on questions, etc. Obviously, a more indepth one takes more time. Much love.

• gonegirl

Man, a tarot reading would scare the bleep out of me. Very sweet offer though. :-)

How are you healing?

• Myleftboob

I would love a reading!  You can only tell me good things though LOL!

• Hildy910
    Hildy910 Member Posts: 227

I would love a Tarot reading as well!

• moonflwr912

Ok, just pm me! Hope you all are having a good weekend. Much love

• moonflwr912

Oh, my! I just read the funny paper in todays newspaper! LOL, if you get the paper, read GET FUZZIE, PLEASE! Just what we were talking about- Tarot reading. LOL or I guess they might have it on the Get Fuzzy website. So funny.

• christina0001

Argh, Monica, you did message me, why didn't I message you back while I was at home sitting on my butt after surgery!?! I do want to get a reading, just need to figure out when I will have a block of quiet time. What fun! That is so nice of you to offer!

Susan you crack me up. I love how you just speak your mind and put it all out there.

Okay I'm going to try to post that comic for you! 

• christina0001

• moonflwr912

LOL, I told you it was funny. LOL.

Christina, just pm me when you are ready. I wool tell you what I tell all my clients. I pray that I will be able to show you what you need to know, in a way that you can understand. And for the greatest good. That's it. Short and sweet. LOL Much love.

• gonegirl

Christina. That is funny. It's the death card I'm worried about. :-(

• moonflwr912

Well, that card means transformation, change, end of something so you can start something new. Ie: Every New Beginning comes from some other beginnings end.....when I read for a graduation party, that card kept coming up all night.

• moonflwr912

Well, that card means transformation, change, end of something so you can start something new. Ie: Every New Beginning comes from some other beginnings end.....when I read for a graduation party, that card kept coming up all night.

• ali68

Well this is so funny, my mum ( i don't talk too ) was a big believer in card readings. I have never believed and not had a reading.

Last weekend my eldest daughter was home so we went into the village with middle daughter. Went into a shop with candles and other things but the woman did card readings. Long story short they told me to have a reading, so I tapped the cards then I picked some out. ( not seeing them)

I never told her a thing but what she told me made me think. She said I had to forgive myself and move on. ( me having a fling 6 years ago) I was a good listener and was good with healing ( I should help other's ) I had been through an illness and needed to make time for myself by getting away to the seaside. Also said I needed to forgive someone in my childhood ( my mum and stepdad) also I needed to forgive and move on and start living my life( cancer I thought)

She was a nice sincere woman and when I got home I cried, silly me. Anyway I can cross that off my list.

• moonflwr912

Ok, here is something new. I have to have surgery tomorrow. They are pulling my drain from my TE surgery, THEN, they are REPLACING it somewhere else in a new position. I am still putting out over 100 cc per day. PS talked to breast surgeon and they think this might help keep infection away from TE if the drain were to stay in. And they think its lymph fluid from the node he had to remove during the TE surgery when he took out the scar tissue. so another "Scenic Detour" Wheeeee, am I having fun yet? So, another surgery....that now will be 6 surgeries for my goons, and no squishes yet. Sigh......

• ali68

Poor you, when I had my surgery I had massive amount of lymph node fluid. It took 6 large syringe's to get the fluid out. I hope your ok, thinking of you. Xx

• moonflwr912

Ali, I just saw your post. That is pretty much what a reading can do for you. A good reader will not do more than a couple times a year for one person. Think of it as a map, there to guide you, but let you chose the route. Thats kinda what I believe.

• gonegirl

Moonflwr. I am so sorry. Hope this one does the trick.

• moonflwr912

I see autocorrect chose goons as the word for foobs! LOL

thx grit.

• Myleftboob

Thinking about you Moon. Hope it does what its supposed to!