Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

February 2012 Chemo

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Ali, what Grit said. I was going to recommend a vet visit too.

• moonflwr912

Hildy, so happy for you. I am jealous that you are on your way to being done and that you get to visit Grit. Sigh.... I know, I know , PATIENCE! LOL. Its just Im not so good at that LOL

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644

Just got results from smear test, high abnormal I feel a bit sick.

• Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983

Hi Ali

Do they plan on redoing the test?  I know when I've had abnormal smears and have gone back it came back normal?  What's the plan?

• ali68

It says changes to some cells of the cervix called high grade dyskaryosis. Having a colposcopy to see what treatment is needed

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022

Ali. I had stage I cervical cancer in 1996. As one gynecologist told me, no one ever dies of cervical cancer as long as they get their pap smear. For me they did a LEEP procedure to remove the cancer and I just moved on. If this is a first abnormal pap for you and you've been getting regular paps, it should be very straightforward

• ali68

Thanks hun, made me feel better. We are in the hotel in the garden having sunshine and wine. Xx

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

Monica, love your song! Maybe it will be a belated Christmas present... you'll be loving your new girls by springtime for sure.

Hildy - holy cow, your appointment is in February!?! Did you want to wait that long or does it take that long to get in to see someone at Vinnie's?

Ali a dog that bites is so unacceptable to me. I understand not wanting to put it down but maybe the dog would do better with someone else. Ugh... you must have wonderful patience. Good luck getting rid of that 7 lbs! I am doing well with trying to lose weight; I'm down about 12 lbs and I want to lose at least another 15lbs. It is coming off S-L-O-W...I'm trying to exercise more frequently to help get it off. Enjoy that wine, sounds good to me!

I decided I'm going to stop the tamoxifen and see if my uterine fibroid shrinks back down or at least stops growing between now and my next ob/gyn exam in January. I really do not want to have a hysterectomy.

• gonegirl

Ali, the wine in the garden sounds lovely.

• moonflwr912

Sending out love to all. Enjoy the weekend.

• christina0001

Monica I haven't thought of a question for my tarot reading yet! LOL I am so indecisive. I have a general idea in my mind but need to work out the exact question to ask.

• moonflwr912

LOL. Dont stress. I have done readings on the question "is there anything I need to do right now? Sometimes the answer comes out as "wait" or "think"sometimes its "do what you have been meaning to do" and sometimes its just "NO" . LOL.

• Myleftboob

Hey Moon

After the weekend I've had I could use a reading. Seriously!

• Hildy910
    Hildy910 Member Posts: 227

Now we need to know more about the weekend!

• Myleftboob

Well I was at a party which was nice and ran into a mutual friend of my and my ex and he informs me that he's dating is dead brother's wife (he passed away suddenly of a heart attack last April. Now if it was a love match, ok they're adults and free to see whomever they choose. But I know my ex. She is lovely, very naive girl that has come into her inheritance. I also ran into his roommmate who has asked him to leave his house, can't take living with him anymore, trying to run the show and its not even his house!. I still keep in contact with his Mom and she emailed me asking me to Thanksgiving Dinner (Canadian TG) this coming weekend. I couldn't hold my tongue LOL and said I thanks but I wasn't really interested in hanging with the happy new couple. She's so not impressed. I think its a bit creepy and really leacherous on his part.

Anyway I told her nothing personal but I'm while they were all FB friends while we were together, I've unfriended the lot of them (he was never on). Don't really feel like seeing pictures etc posted all over each time I decide to log in to play a game. All just to kissin' cousins for me.

• gonegirl

mlb. so sorry to hear all that. Way sucks. Hope you have a better tg invite

• Myleftboob

If I wanted closure I have it now though.

• moonflwr912

hugs MLB. Closure is good.

• Hildy910

Good Heavens. That's closure with a capital C! What a distressing thing; I mean, one can know that one's ex is a jerk, but it still stinks to see it play out in real life. I am very sorry, MLB.

• Myleftboob

Thanks ladies. Too funny though, I haven't heard from the exSIL in over 6 months but she's obviously was nosing around on my FB account and PM'd me asking why I deleted her LOL! I just told her I need to move on and talk to her brother. Then the Mom messages me, why am I cutting her out. I just said "what did people do before FB?, pick up a phone to talk to someone, nothing personal but I don't need daily reminders each time I log in to play a game or something that these two are an item". Jeez, FB friends are not real relationships!

• christina0001

Is it ever truly possible to get rid of an ex? My ex-husband pops up every few years - despite warning letters from my lawyer to stay away or he'll be slapped with a restraining order. If only we could send them away to some island...

• Myleftboob

Christina

It may not be possible you're right. Although with that being said I haven't seen or heard from my first ex in well over 15 years. Works for me LOL!

• moonflwr912

My daughters ex has stayed far away. Wonder if it has anything to do with the detective that keeps calling five years after her divorce. LOL

• lumpynme
    lumpynme Member Posts: 497

hi all...so much to share.....long long story short.....we purged we sold we gave away we stored...we drove west-got stranded in Cheyenne Wyoming due to early snow storm :(, got as far as Utah (on the way to Oakland California) and found a major major glitch...turned around and came back "home"...the glitch has to do with our dog and the dept of agriculture...so we'll rectify the problem and try again in spring.

my butt is sore from driving 3500 miles in 6 days....

oh-I bought a new to me car ...not sure that I had shared....

got so busy at work and home-then my home comp died..now I have all the time in the world cuz no job ....

replacing very basics in furniture etc thru thrift stores.... .anyhow..hugs to all......

• moonflwr912

aw gee Margo! THAT SUCKS. So sorry it didnt work out right now. BUT perhaps there is a reason it did not happen now. Once we were going on a trip to Toronto and thing after thing went wrong, one car wouldnt start so we unpacked and put it in the other car. Then about halfway that car lost its brakes and DH was changing brakes in a snowstorm in a parking lot. We should gave taken the hint but we didnt. Lets just say you did the right thing.

Heres hoping things go better for you in the future. Much love.

• Myleftboob

Wow Margo but Moonflwer's right, for what ever reason it wasn't meant to be

• ali68

Hi everyone, I hope all is well. I'm still waiting for biopsies results for cervical cancer I wish they would hurry up.

• Hildy910

Hi Ali, hope the biopsy results are benign--how frustrating that it takes so long!

Margo, I'm sorry you ran into such a roadblock. I hope it makes Hawaii that much sweeter when you arrive in the Spring. Any chance your job will take you back?

Not much going on here. Took the kids to the Red Sox/Tigers ALCS game two, which turned out to be a very exciting come-from-behind walkoff victory, so now they think all the post season games are like that. Not!

Leaves are turning, temps are dropping. That must mean boot weather! I have a slight problem in that regard. I organized my footwear the other day and was somewhat horrified.

• moonflwr912

Hildy I am with you. I hate boot weather. Because it means you have to not only put them on but you have to take them off. I have trouble doing both and need a chair to do it. Its not so bad at home but when I go visit someone I really hate it. So I dont do boots til the snow is over 2 inches. LOL I am glad the kids enkoyed the game. You always remember your first time.... LOL.

Margo I hope things work out for you right now. Perhap your place can take you as a temp. Or perhaps you can register as a temp. Good luck.

Ali. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. B9 B9 B9!

My last fill on my TE was 100 cc. Too much. Its a week ago and today is the first day I am not hurting. Next time less. But maybe more than 50. I dont know cause we do have a target date of 12-18 for my sqiushies. So I want to be filled by Nov 15. I wasnt planning on this year but PS said I could and now I just want it over. My neighbor said well maybe you are filled enough when I said it hurt. She doesnt get that its not enough not because I want to be big but because PS needs the boat. LOL. No the PS needs the room to work around so that I have enough skin to work with and to heal well.

Much love to all.

• lumpynme
    lumpynme Member Posts: 497

I agree with moon! I feel that there is a reason tho God has not made me privy to it yet.

my own job was filled-turned out I actually trained my replacement! she'll be good at it!

I have my app in a few places already and am thinking temp may just be the way to go!

i'm hating the fact that it's getting cold again.....

hugs!