Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

February 2012 Chemo

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Hugs Hildy. But your right. We are warped in our thinking that way! LOL.

• dipad
    dipad Member Posts: 135

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well. Hildy, if you need a hysterectomy ask your doctor if you can have a vaginal hysterectomy. Its not for everyone. I had abnormal paps for years and finally had the hysterectomy. I was out of the hospital in 24 hours and really no pain. My only regret was not having my ovaries removed at the time. My dr said it can cause early heart disease, little did I know 6 weeks later I would be diagnosed with BC. I also had a D/C and a cone biopsy. These procedures are a walk in the park after what we've been through.

Ali- that's true that cervical cancer is very slow growing. that's why my doctor was ok with a watch and wait attitude. Hope you feel better soon.

• dipad

Oh I forgot to tell everyone, two weeks ago I particpated in the making strides against breast cancer walk at Jones Beach. OMG there was over 2,000 people there. It was so amazing to see so many people there supporting BC, but it was also sad to see just how many people are effected by this disease. I left there knowing that I'm not alone.

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

Good luck to you tomorrow, Hildy. I hope everything goes smoothly and without too much discomfort. Let us know how you do!

dipad, very cool about the walk. :)

• Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983

Hi All

Haven't been on much, so checking in. Hildy let us know how you get on, good vibes coming at you from here.

Christina - got to love getting hit on, you must be chuffed!

Very cold up here in Toronto, even snowed a bit today. About an hour north though they got lots. BRRRR! Been dealing with alot of drama with the ex's family, particularly the ex MIL. Seems she's not happy unless there's chaos going on LOL! I told her more than a month ago if we were to remain friends it would have to be under the condition of not discussing my ex and his dead brothers wife now that there an item. It was too good to be true though. It's amazing what people will say to you hiding behind a keyboard. She tells me all of this really personal stuff about them then when I offer my opinion she doesn't like my attitude LOL. Then comes back for more! Had to shut her down, BF blocked, email blocked. Seems she loves blaming me and the new GF for all of their problems, told her to lay the blame on her DS where it belongs. I refusing to be the whipping girl for her family's bad behavior past and present. Had to remind her that I am no longer part of the family so don't bring the BS to me.

• christina0001

MLF, gotta love family drama. Seems like it gets stirred up extra this time of year, too. Good for you on setting some limits on the old gal.

Happy Thanksgiving friends. It's been a hell of a two years and I couldn't have gotten through them without you. Love you all.

• Myleftboob

Christine

Isn't that the truth on both counts!

Just popped in to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends! Hope anyone that's travelling is safe too. Enjoy!

• moonflwr912

MLB. You go girl!!! Glad you've been able to be strong.

Christina you hit it on the head.

To all in America, Happy Thanksgiving! Drive safe and don't wear yourselves out. To our Canadian friends you have a great day any way!

Much love to all.

• christina0001

cough cough, I have a cold. Thursday I felt like I was near death but we had something pretty big going on at work and I knew my boss would be unhappy if I called in. So I dragged my sorry self in... I work at a nursing home, BTW. One of the nurses I work with comes running up to me, and tells me one of our doctor's physician assistant's was in the building seeing patients. I said, "Okay, so why are you telling me this?" Apparently she was worried my immune system was still compromised by the chemo and thought I should let the PA see me. LOL I thought that was so sweet of her! I said I was fine, I was past chemo far enough that now I can have a cold and suffer just like everyone else. And that felt pretty good too!!!

• moonflwr912

christina, ever think you'd be happy for a regular cold??? LOL. Talk about a change in your view of life.... LOL

If you want a small chuckle, check out the thread Haiku for fun. I posted a short poem. Not Haiku but so what. Still fun. LOL

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022

sorry all somehow I dropped out of this.

Hildy. Tell your oncologist about the back pain.

I started new chemo today. Kadcyla. I've had an early progression. Still here for now.

• Myleftboob

Grit

(((HUGS))) Early progression where? I hope Kadcyla is kind to you.

I was just thinking today that soon (the 14th) is two years since my mastectomy and we all know the rest. Where exactly does time go? I am so grateful for finding BCO and especially this thread. I consider you all friends and am really happy that some of us check in from time to time.

• christina0001

Susan, ditto MLB, what do you mean by early progression? I hope the new chemo isn't too rough on you.

MLB I am thinking a lot about this cancerversary... I don't really feel like I have a specific date, but that it's just this time of year. My ob/gyn felt the lump in late November. I put off my mammo and US until early January. Was diagnosed a few weeks later. It's been quite a couple of years.

Yesterday at work a colleague I don't often see, told me she was recently diagnosed. She's recovering from a UMX and is starting chemo this Wednesday. We have similar dx's and her treatment will be the same as mine was. I was glad to be able to share my story with her, that this is scary but doable. She has a great attitude and I know she'll do great. But I hate it when I find out anyone has been diagnosed. Too many emotions inside.

I hope everyone is doing well!

• gonegirl

my original DX was her2+ cancer all over liver and a spot on bone on leg. Latest scan showed a slight enhancement on liver again with a new spot on rib. I just started kadcyla on Friday. It's herceptin with a chemo agent attached. So far side effects are slight fatigue, nausea, and sometimes headache. I'm so tired of this, I'm doing my best to go about my business. Screw cancer. I don't want it taking my life until I'm dead.

• moonflwr912

Here's hoping for a long dance with kadcyla! Year's and years. I want you to live a very long time. Astound them all.

• gonegirl

moonflwr. Thank you. I'm doing my best.

I told a few folks that if this kills me (I still say if), my final words will be, "I'm so fucking pissed." I asked friend Lisa to record them for me. She told me she'd embroider them and I'd wear them in the coffin.

Today I thought I want everyone to wear a t shirt to the funeral that says We're Fucking Pissed Too.

A theme funeral.

• moonflwr912

ok. But I'm not gonna be in a hurry to make it!

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644

Hi everyone, well i went to a fashion show withmy two girls which was fun. I told u guys i had to wait till april next year for tests again on cervical cancer . I got a letter last week saying they had a meeting about me and they want me in tomorrow for loop biopsy and good look around. So tomorrow i go for GA and i will want to speak to the doc before. I have got mammo on 16th dec so after that i can relax.

Gritgirl, i hope the chemo is kind to you and it kills the shit out of the cancer.

Hope your all finding peace and some happiness. Xx

• gonegirl

ali. Good luck with. Sounds like they might be biopsying while taking out bad cells. Hopefully that will be the last of that.

Susan

• dipad

Gritgirl- Good luck with the new Chemo. I think you'll do fine. you are so strong and have such a positive outlook. That too can be good medicine.

Ali- I had the Loop biopsy a few years ago. I actually had two. I had abnormal paps for several years, finally had a vaginal hysterectomy. Good luck!

• Hildy910
    Hildy910 Member Posts: 227

Grit. Sucks that you had progression and I'm sorry. I'd be fucking pissed, too.

D/C showed a couple of ginormous polyps, which were removed. All pathology came back clear. I did speak to my onc about the back pain, but it's not constant and I have a history of back pain and have had a clear bone scan, so she doesn't seem concerned about mets. And it seems to have gotten better after having my uterus scoured. Now to plan for a hysterectomy, oh joy.

Ali, good luck with the biopsy!

• moonflwr912

Ali I hope the biopsy was s good one. Hildy glad yours is clear.

I am getting my exchange this Friday. They moved it up. So no time to freak. Of course you know me. It's Friday the 13th. LOL. But 12-13-13 added together is 11. Which is a great number in numerology. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. LOL. MUCH LOVE

• gonegirl

moonflower here's to a good exchange

• christina0001

I'm quoting Ali here: "Gritgirl, i hope the chemo is kind to you and it kills the shit out of the cancer." They should put that on a Hallmark card, it's perfect. Susan I am sorry you are having to deal with this. I'm really hoping you get great results from the new medication; I think I read good things about it somewhere.

Ali did you have your biopsy? Any results yet? Good luck on your mammo. I hope you are not too nervous.

Monica, good luck on Friday! Friday the 13th has always been a good day for me.

I need to schedule my gyn appointment for January to have that fibroid re-imaged; six month follow up. Gyn was strongly recommending a hysterectomy when I saw her in July. The thought makes me sick. I don't want more surgery. I don't want to use up all my paid time off for recovery - I have not had the paid time off to fly out to see my family in over two years. And I don't want a hysterectomy. I know I won't have kids - I've never had my cycle since we started chemo. But having a hysterectomy takes the situation from almost-impossible to flat-out impossible. I cry and cry and cry whenever I think about it too much. I'm hoping the fibroid shrunk or at least stopped growing, but I think it's gotten larger. My lower tummy has a firm area that wasn't there before and I'm pretty sure it's that fibroid pushing out now. I wish I'd never taken the tamoxifen. I stopped taking it at the end of September, hoping the fibroid would stop growing. I haven't told my husband or family I stopped taking it; they would be so upset.

• ali68

Well i was told not by my doctor that my biopsy results were wrong and smear said it was very high grade. So i need to wait for Lletz results to see how bad it was. Got a follow up apt for my lump on groin as it's bigger so 2nd Jan i will ask for results of Lletz as well. I hate waiting !!!!!

• gonegirl

ali. I am so, so sorry. Hoping you get good answers

Christina. I am so sorry you are going through this. It does suck. Are you on an AI now? Sadly we all pay a price. I hope that this is it for your cancer journey. It blows

• ali68

Hi ladies, anyone here !!!

• moonflwr912

hi ali! How's it going? I'm at home from the hospital with my new squishies.. went well. Much love.

• christina0001

Monica, congrats on the new squishies!!! How are you feeling?

Thanks for letting me vent and have my little pity party. I think the holidays are taking a toll on me too. Starting to feel better and I think life will get easier once the holidays are over.

• gonegirl

moonflwr. Great new pic. Congrats on the successful surgery