Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

February 2012 Chemo

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

christina go ahead and vent it's all good.

I posted on other board yesterday. I shouldn't have! People told me I must have been flying high on my drugs cause I made no sense! LOL that's why I posted earlier today instead. LOL Much love to all.

• Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983

Hi All

Ali good luck with that test result. Forget the name of it already though.

Christina

Vent all you want hon, that's what we're here for. Yeah, I have mixed feelings about the holidays too BUT am determined to try to enjoy myself and do some new things. Went to a cookie/square trade with some girlfriends yesterday but immediatey froze everything so I wouldn't be mindlessly noshing. Did a gift bag for the local men's homeless shelter, a bit of shopping,

Moon

New squishies! LOL on the postings, you were likely high as a kite!

Grit

Just saying hi!

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644

I had a terrible day yesterday even though I got Xmas presents for one of my girls. I know it's stress with everything but I felt horrible. Waiting for Lletz results and mammo this Monday is too much stress. We have the tree up and lights outside so I'm doing well. I posted Xmas cards this week I don't know what to say in them anymore too much has happened to me and family.

Thanks for being here xxx

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

MLB what cookies did you make? I'm making gingerbread cookies today. Whatever my husband doesn't eat tonight while he's watching football, I'll bring to work to share with co-workers tomorrow. Trying to watch what I'm eating too.

(((Ali))) This time of year is stressful by itself; add what you've got going on and it's really too much. I hate that life just doesn't seem to want to give you a break!

• Hildy910
    Hildy910 Member Posts: 227

Congrats, Monica! and no drains, either--can't beat that with a stick!

Ali, waiting does stink and I am sorry you have to do so. Hope the news is good when all is said and done.

And Christina, is it possible to have the fibroid removed without having a hysterectomy? I have a friend who did that because her fibroid was making it difficult to have a baby, so I don't think that hysterectomy has to be the only way to treat it.

Tamoxifen is a pain in the butt. It doesn't bother me so much with overt symptoms, although I could do without the hot flashes, but I'm convinced I got those polyps because of good old T. On the other hand, I don't need to deal with the bone pain from AI's, so I'll stick with Tamoxifen for as long as I am allowed to do so.

• Myleftboob

Christine

I made raspberry oatmeal squares.  There were 10 ladies and we all made 40 treats, so we went home with 40.  I couldn't resist one of the lady's chocolate chip cookies, best darn cookies I ever had.  Thankfully there were only 4 because I ate them all, jumbo size too LOL along with the taste testing of my own.   I am gifting myself a gym membership tomorrow. I also gifted myself a new laptop.  The money I used to spend on the ex and his family at Christmas I am now spending on gifts for me!!

Its one thing in the summer to get out and walk and I go to yoga once a week but its not enough and I sit all day in front of a computer

Hildy

I have to admit Tamoxifen hasn't been too bad to me.  Still get the odd hot flash but during the winter its at least bearable.  I was successful after the summer dropping 10 pounds the old fashioned way, excercise and counting calories.  Up a couple now though but I can only blame myself

Ali

Just write Merry Christmas from the ____________ Family. I hear you on what to write in them.  I now just do cards and hand them to those I see at the holidays

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022

mlb, good for you, spending the money on yourself. :-)

• Myleftboob

Grit

Yeah, why not treat myself I figure.  Wonderful stress free holiday season so far.  The selfishly single life suits me for now.  

We've been experiencing freezing rain for about 48 hours and power is out all over.  The roads are treacherous tonight.  I got out early this morning while it was above zero (C) so the roads were passable. Stayed in and did some baking.  Have the next two weeks off too!!  Going to get my sorry behind to the gym and try to get into a routine,

• moonflwr912

MLB I love cookie exchanges. But i can never get people interested. It's so much better to make 10 dozen of one type cookie then to make 10 different types. Then you get ten different types to take home. 

I am glad you got something for yourself too. You deserve it. 

Hey grit! Hope you are doing ok too. 

As for me, I am feeling pretty good so far. The squishies are much more comfortable. I just feel the pulling of the stitches when I've moved  too much. But for a week later I feel good. Much love to all. 

• gonegirl

moonflwr. So glad you're doing well.

Mlb. Stay safe.

Above is Scarlet. She is my I'm going live dam it dog. Adopted her today. She is a Chihuahua. I missed my boy Paco. 

Adjusting to new treatment. Little neuropathy which scares me. Going to start working with a naturopathic doctor to manage that with glutamine.  Otherwise OK.

• moonflwr912

woke up early. 3:45. So I'm hitting the boards.... LOL

Grit, Scarlet is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, Damn it, you are going to live!!!!!!!! And I still think you need to buy that Monkey! :)

I hope the neuropathy stays minor. Working with a naturopath should be interesting. They know so much. 

Much love to all. Also Merry Christmas because I know we don't check in as much when things get hectic! LOL

• lumpynme
    lumpynme Member Posts: 497

hello all! at the library-lost home internet a while back as well as tv shows- still not working tho have a job that should start jan 6th- three months without my income has almost put us on the street...

fri dec 16th was the 2 year anniversary of my dx.....very retrospect day.

trying very hard to be positive about anything but wanted to tell you all that i'm thinking of you!holiday hugs and prayers....

• Myleftboob

Just popping in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• christina0001

Hildy I see my ob/gyn January 16th, she is going to ultrasound the fibroid and we are going to talk about options. I'm going to tell her I do not want a hysterectomy, period. I think she may have encouraged that route because I had told her DH and I were not planning on having kids. But emotionally, I just don't want to do it. I am hopeful there will be other options for me. Thanks for the encouragement.

MLB - the raspberry oatmeal squares sound really good. Good for you for treating yourself to some nice Christmas gifts! Reminds me of a funny from this week: I work at a nursing home, and Santa came to visit us this week. I said, "Santa, I've tried to be nice all year, and I've only got less than 48 hours to go. Can you tell me if I'm still on the nice list at this point?" And Santa said, "Usually the naughty girls get better gifts." LOL I about died laughing! His wife was right there and she just smiled and rolled her eyes... too funny!

Susan, Scarlet is SO CUTE!!! I love her!!!

Margo, so glad you are starting a new job soon. There is light at the end of the tunnel - hang in there!!!

Merry Christmas to all, my dear friends. I had a bad dream last night. I dreamed that I saw my onc for a check-up (which I need to schedule for next month) and he told me he found new cancer in my lymph nodes, and needed to give me a dose of chemo immediately. So he gave me the chemo and sent me home, and then I freaked out - was I going to lose my hair again? Did I need more surgery? Then I woke up, and for a minute or two, I wasn't sure if it was real or not. Finally I decided it could not be real, because how on earth would he have known that there were cancer cells in my lymph nodes? And they would never just give me chemo like that without any planning... bad dream though.

Okay, here is a question maybe you gals (hey, haven't seen firstcall in a long time!) can help me with. Yesterday a colleague came to me and said, "Oh, I did not expect to see you today! I have a gift for you! I'll get it to you Thursday!" And I was really surprised because I never have gotten a gift from this person before. At first I was happy and touched to be thought of, but then I thought, oh crap, what if it's breast cancer awareness crap. Seems like someone has to give me something like that every few months, and I'm due. I just can't take it. Can any of you please tell me something nice and grateful and sincere-sounding to say if I am given yet another pink ribbon bracelet?

• gonegirl

i just say thank you and then regift the item

• moonflwr912

Merry Christmas to all. Happy Yule, Happy Kwanzza, Merry Solstice, Fabulous Festivus! AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED Hannakah at Thanksgiving. I know I missed a few traditions but if you celebrate one of those I hope it's a good one! LOL

Christina I hope things go well for you. Damn dreams! LOL.  Man they can be bad. 

I know what you mean about the BC pink stuff. My friend who is very much telling me that BC is behind me and I am only to look ahead, buys it for me! I got two pair of socks with the ribbons on it along with and angel of believe (she gave me the hope one last year) LOL.  I just said thanks. Um. The problem is ill have to wear them at least once so she can see them. LOL.  But she really means well. 

To all stay warm! Got another 2 inches last night for a total of about 12 inches this week. Cold. 

• christina0001

OMG Monica, 12" of snow! I hope you have someone who shovels for you!

• moonflwr912

LOL.  That's typical for WI. My neighbor usually blows the snow for me but he has been away for two weejs. It just so happens that the snow fell on the days my DH was actually home! That never happens. It's my little Xmas miracle! LOL

• christina0001

Can you believe I am in the hospital. I started having abdominal pain yesterday morning and it just got worse and worse. Finally went to the ER around 5am. At around 7am, I started a very heavy menstruation. I haven't had a period since the month we started chemo! They are keeping me observation for tonight; my hemoglobin is low. I might need a transfusion, and I might need a D & C. Oh what fun... I am starving to death, haven't eaten since Friday night around 7am. I am supposed to not be drinking but I have been sneaking sips of water. I am a bad patient! lol

• gonegirl

christina. Oh, my goodness. Are you OK?

• Myleftboob

OMG Christina.  Let us know how you get on.

• moonflwr912

Oh christina!   Wow you poor kid. Geeze. Hugs. 

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644

Christina, hope your ok ? It must be because you have stopped the Tamoxifen and you are still very young. I hope you have told the hospital you have stopped they won't tell your family. Hope you are better soon. Xx

• christina0001

Doing much better today! My hemoglobin is still low but is the same as it was last night, so at least it hasn't dropped any more. My pain is much better, I'm just a little tender now. And my bleeding is just like a normal period now. My doctor is supposed to be in soon and I expect to be discharged home. Thanks for all the well-wishes! Boy the excitement never ends, does it?

• Myleftboob

Christina

So glad you gave us an update.  Man oh man, didn't have a period for about a year prior to DX myself (I'm 51).  I'm pretty sure you're in your 30s? Hope that H gets up soon!

Ladies

I have a question.  I guess now that I have a full head of hair that actually resembles a hairstyle albeit short, I've been receiving some attention from the men (the ones I refer to know I'm single).  I totally find myself shying away and joking around to diffuse any sort of advances.  I'm flattered but not looking for a relationship at this point in time however.  Mind you I had a long conversation with a 65 year old friend that said the older you get, it gets so much harder to meet someone.  Do I take a leap of faith or not?  

I have to say that I don't take relationships lightly so a booty call kind of thing is so not me.  Jeez, I've had 2 major relationship in 27 years. Sort of unsure of my ability to pick the right guy apposed to letting a guy pick me under the circumstances you know>

• moonflwr912

MLB. I would say just look for a friend. You can always decide if that is all you want.. Much love. 

• gonegirl

mlb, if the guy makes you laugh and you enjoy his company, go for the friendship thing. Then go from there. :-)

• Myleftboob

I hear you loud and clear ladies on staying in the friend zone.  These guys I speak of though are already friends.  Regardless not jumping in to anything at all.

On a sad note, my only surviving uncle is being taken off life support today.  My aunt was in hospital having had a pacemaker put in, he was leaving after his daily visit and was hit by a car walking to his.  This happened the Friday before Christmas.  He had surgery to fix his broken pelvis and femur and was doing fine it seemed.  Monday he had a massive stroke and is deemed brain dead.  He did live a good long life but he and my aunt though 80, were the couple everyone marvelled at  because they didn't age at all.  Walked everyday, were still in love.  Such a freak thing to happen

• moonflwr912

MLB. So sorry to hear that. How horrible for your Aunt! She probably blames herself for being in the hospital so he had to come see her. Sending you and  her our love and prayers. And may 2014 bring better for all and only enough bad to recognize the good times. Hugs and Much love. 

• gonegirl

mlb. I am just so, so sorry. How horrible