Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

February 2012 Chemo

Comments

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644

Christina, glad u had a good time with your friends. I go out once a month with my girlfriends it keeps me happy. My eldest daughter was home this weekend so that was good. I have my apt tomorrow with onco about my bone pain. Let you know was she says. Xx

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

ali. You too. Let us know. 

Hi Grit!

Much love to all!

• Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983

Christina

Honestly the only complaint I have with tamoxifen is stiff feet in the morning LOL. I kind of shuffle to the bathroom and once I'm walking around I'm fine. I actually more dread if they decide to put me on Armidex in a years time.  Tamoxifen is estrogen blocking but Armidex is estrogen sucking.  I feel like I've aged 10 years already with TX and everything, I wonder what happens with having zero estrogen you know.

Ali

Good on you for getting out with the gals, I do once a week for sure.  Need it big time.

Just found out today that my ex was cheating on me during TX.  I texted him to call him out on it.  No response.  Told him he was a piece of S*(T douchebag and that karma is a real bitch.  No response LOL

• moonflwr912

I'm glad he's your EX! . You deserve such better. 

• ali68

Had my apt today and I will have my bone scan next wk. I have a follow up apt for results on 24th march so not long to wait. Hugs to everyone xx

• moonflwr912

Good luck Ali!

• Myleftboob

Keep us posted Ali!

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022

ali. Prayers are with you. Mlb. What a schmuck

• Myleftboob

You think you know someone eh?  Well anything came out of this BC mess is I got rid of him since he was so quick to show his true colours.  Like I said to him, karma's a bitch.  On a good news note I got a raise today! I worked for myself for so long I think the last real raise I received was in 2002 LOL! At least I'm appreciated at work.

• moonflwr912

MLB! Congrats! Couldn't happen to a better person. Yay!!!!

• Myleftboob

Thanks Moon.  Love the new avatar!  You look great!

• moonflwr912

Thanks MLB!  I'm trying to post a pic. It's not working g. I'll try again later

• dltnhm
    dltnhm Member Posts: 420

Been AWOL for too long. I read usually but haven't gotten around to posting.

Ali and Christina I hope that everything turns out all right with your scan (Ali) and follow-up on the suspicious area. 

Re: Tamoxifen - I received a letter from my mail order pharmacy and responded on the Tamoxifen Shortage thread ... but the pertinent points are:

Letter from Express Scripts - mail order ... advises that there is "a shortage of the active ingredient used to manufacture tamoxifen products" ... and "manufactures may experience a shortage of tamoxifen 10 mg or 20 mg as late as April 2014..." "...We will not be able to fill any prescriptions for tamoxifen during the time of manufacture shortage." 

I would imagine that during the shortage they would prefer that prescriptions for 30 days are filled rather than 90 days so that as many people as possible may be able to get their prescriptions filled. My suggestion would be to have a prescription on hand for 30 days that can be filled locally. Counted mine .. have 79 left ... that will take me to May 30th. 

Have been doing fairly well ... but had to stop running mid-November due to tendonitis in my ankles and then the weather hit and haven't seen the lawn since some time in December. (I guess there is periphery grass showing now ... but I'm telling you with the white stuff falling & the crazy below zero temps ... it has not been going away). I did go out for one run in February and ran pretty much like usual, but then it snowed the next day. This lack of exercise is not a good thing for my health or my mind.  No excuses. I could have been walking at the mall - but I so prefer running outdoors. 

Everything is pretty normal with me.  Had my 50th physical in November and my colonoscopy in December and everything is clear. All my numbers in November and again in February are in the acceptable range. Had a bone scan in December and the same place that showed up prior to chemo in 2012 showed up the same - then I had follow-up x-rays and it read as suspected early arthritis. Oncologist put me on the 4 month follow-up plan instead of 3. And although I have been without a period since starting chemo, and one of my numbers show menopausal, two of my numbers are not in the range. Crazy body. 

Biggest BLIP health-wise has been SHINGLES! UGH. In November I asked my GP about the vaccine and he said I was young and healthy so they advise waiting until 60. Well ... last month I thought I had a spider bite on my back, then a series of small bites, which turned into more of a rash ... and by the time I thought it warranted a doctor 'look see' ... it was past the time when they could prescribe anything to have a stab at it. From what I've read and seen online I didn't have a severe breakout ... but the pain that came into my left front from the nerves being disturbed ... now that was something ... stabbing and jabbing pain. My doc called in a stronger script last week ... with orders to come in if the pain persists. Seems to be lessening ... but I'm hitting the 30 day mark tomorrow. There are scripts for Postherpetic Neuralgia (PHN) when the pain continues. Oh my goodness this is just not like me to have a chronic condition of anything. 

Well that's the medical update ... if any of you read this far.  

Although I've been silent I really do try to catch up and see what is going on with you all. Recently someone was writing on another thread about getting together with her chemo group from the boards and (although I've been to a get together with the Illinois ladies), I know that you are the group I would most like to meet in person. 

Love & prayers!

Diana

• Myleftboob

Crap on the shingles Diana.  I've heard how aggravating that can be (I read that far LOL) I have to say I'm a bit blown away as well by the Tamoxifen shortage!  I still have about a 60 day supply personally but next time I'm at the pharmacy I'm going to see if we are short in Ontario.   Echoing too that I would be totally down to a meet up with everyone on this thread.  Honestly, its the only one I post on.  As much as I was enjoying the Canadian thread, I feel most at home here.

• moonflwr912

Diana! Good to hear from you

. I am planning a camp out (well there is a house too) at the end of July again. So any one who can make it to WI is welcome to PM me for more details. I haven't set the date in stone yet. 

Much love. 

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

Mammo came out good. The radiologist feels that the lump is just normal tissue, and just a little more dense there because of ducts, and from healing my lift during recon surgery, but we are going to biopsy Monday to be sure. I feel pretty good about the whole thing, and I have a fun weekend planned to keep me from dwelling. Flying out east to see family and friends for the weekend - I haven't been "home" in over two years! I'm so excited!

• gonegirl

christina:

that is great! have a wonderful weekend. :-)

diana:  i'm glad you are doing so well

susan

• moonflwr912

Oh Christina! How wonderful! Still keeping fingers crossed for you though. Have a great weekend. 

Hey grit, how are you doing? 

Much love to all. 

• ali68

Diana, good to hear from you i hope you get better soon. X 

Christina, it sounds like good news and you enjoy the weekend. X 

Well i have my scan on wednesday and i'm in two minds to say fuck it i don't want to know.  Been feeling really angry last few  days and i know it the stress of the scan. My head says 99% not bone mets but that 1% is the bugger. 

I'm horrible to live with at the moment and only DH knows. wouldn't tell the kids even if it was bad news. I would tell them when i really had too. 

This is how stressed me and DH are, we were shouting at each other who was doing car rides with the two daughters. 

Having a take out tonight and watching tv and will chill. 

Hope your all ok and not as mad and demented as me. Xx 

• moonflwr912

Hugs ali. Hope you hear soon and get great news. 

• Hildy910
    Hildy910 Member Posts: 227

hey everybody,

Just checking in after a crazy busy month--sounds as though we are all chugging along...

Ali, hope the scan shows nothing to worry about!

Currently at my sisters in MD and will be headed in to see Vinnie tomorrow. Woot!

• moonflwr912

Hildy! It's Nearly NIPPLE time. I am so getting a tattoo ring put in my 3D nips! Good luck!

• Hildy910

Update--at airport, with nips! (The aureole type, not the tiny booze bottle type.) 

They look great. I had no idea how much better they'd make me feel, but I almost got teary at the reveal (hey maybe this should be a new cable show--'Say Yep to the Nip?' )

What a nice, nice experience that was, although it stung more than I thought it would. (I thought that I'd lost more nerve endings than I had, apparently.) 

But Mr. And Mrs. Viinnie could not have been nicer or more professional, and Vinnie even colored over my rads tats, which I greatly appreciated. 

• gonegirl

hildy. That is wonderful. :-)

• moonflwr912

Is it bad I want to see pictures??!!?? LOL Congrats!

• dltnhm
    dltnhm Member Posts: 420

oh Hildy that is wonderful!!! I have tears in my eyes. Happy ones for you! 

• Hildy910

I was telling a couple friends about it via text and busted into (happyish) tears again. Now given, I am a repressed Yankee and therefore am often not  in touch with my emotions.  But even with that in mind,  I was shocked at how cathartic those tattoos were.  It was as if I was somehow holding myself responsible for all the previous crap THAT WAS NOT MY FAULT and the tattoos eased that. I mean, I have a radiated side trying to crawl up over my shoulder. It ain't symmetrical by any means. And I don't care.

And moonflower, shoot me a PM....

• ali68

Hildy, glad you are happy i bet it made your eyes water. 

Waiting for bone scan and it hurt when the dye went in. 

So yesterday was fun, i went on a protest because my little village was going to have a waste site. Apart from the smell and lots of lorries it would destroy the village. Anyway it was very heated had about 500 of us and we were very loud. We were on local tv and we bloody won.

This is funny, i was coming out of the bank and it was raining and i bumped into a guy. So i say sorry , he then smiles at me and says " i saw you driving your car and i 'have come to find you. I think you look fab and i would really like to get to know you. Can i give you my number ? 

Well i  smiled at him and said thank you you have made my day but i'm married. He then said thats a shame and walked off. He was tall dark and very good looking with a great body. I would say about  30 or 35. 

Anyway girls we still bloody well have it. Hehe

• Myleftboob

Hildy

Congrat's on the nips!!

Ali

Good on you and the rest of the protestors!  Well done!  And kudo's on getting chatted up!!  Yes we all still have it!!!

• moonflwr912

ali. That's sure an ego boost!