Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

SEX - Very Raw Post

Options

Comments

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813
    edited February 2012
    Options

jstunme: Sorry if It sounded like I am seriously trying to keep men out. I'm totally joking.
    I too loved that the husbands here posted what they did!

(I'm not sure Apple's husband should drop by any time soon, though. *laugh* )

• chele
    chele Member Posts: 132
    edited February 2012
    Options

Windlass, it was these two:

• What other product does cheap Cover Girl makeup smell like?
    • What might a young girl recite while twisting the stem off of an apple?

Clueless!  LOL 

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited February 2012
    Options

I can't answer even one of those questions. Not my wheelhouse. I think the idea of creating a list of questions that are about dividing genders is a bit offensive actually. It makes huge assumptions about our culteral references, gender identity, and doesn't really have a place on the Stage IV forum.

*susan* 

• windlass
    edited February 2012
    Options

I took out the Cover Girl question because nobody could answer it. The answer was Noczema, which smells really gross smeared on your face.

And I changed the apple one to "What might a young girl be trying to find out by twisting the stem of an apple?" The answer, at least at my elementary school, was the first letter of the name of the boy she was going to marry.  Each twist was a letter in the alphabet and you kept twisting til it came off.

I had a crush on a boy named David, so I twisted really hard when I got to the letter "D."  If a girl had a crush on a boy named Zachary she never had a chance.

• china
    china Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well went to Meijers to get food grade cocoa butter but alas, asked several people and this cute little old lady takes me to the cake decorating section and helps me look. She asked me was it for candy or baking needs. I said hmmm yes for making candy! That's what my DH will feel like I gave him after so long.....I didn't  want her to faint in the aisle by saying nope, gonna use it vaginally for a sexual encounter since I don't have any scream cream! Embarassed Dawn
  • windlass
    edited February 2012
    Options

Okay, I've stopped and deleted the posts.

You can find what was meant to be a lighthearted diversion under "Humor and Games" where I originally posted it.

• windlass
    edited February 2012
    Options

China: Good luck! And remember that you will still need Replens when it comes time for actual action.

And with that, I am signing off of this Stage IV thread, where I don't belong.

• windlass
    edited February 2012
    Options

It's been a long time since I had had so much fun doing anything as I did posting on this BCO thread. For the last few days I felt like a happy, giggly teenager, instead of a sick, discouraged, overweight, limping, pain-wracked, middle aged, "poor prognosis" cancer patient.

But today, instead of laughing, I spent at least an hour crying. I snapped at my husband. I shooed away my kids. And I still feel like crap. Just posting here now has me crying all over again.

The silence here these last five hours is a complete and total bummer for all of us who had bonded over an important problem/challenge/opportunity regarding sex - an issue that we all share or we wouldn't be posting here. And given the topic, it's a bummer especially for our husbands. (Er, I suppose I should say our gender neutral "partners." But give me a freaking break. This thread is about PENISES AND VAGINAS. Who's going to be able to avoid being "sexist" when discussing that??)

Maybe some happier person, with thicker skin, who is allowed to post on here, can say something to bring back the joy of this thread. I'll just sit on the sidelines and root for you.

• hrf
    hrf Member Posts: 706
    edited February 2012
    Options

Windlass, I have been lurking on this thread and appreciating the dialogue that has been occurring. We have many sisters here who are experiencing serious loss from their lives. I know some people didn't like the survey but not everyone likes everything - I never took that to mean that you wouldn't continue to contribute on this thread. I hope you continue to bring joy to this thread as many of us appreciate your comments.  I also hope that cancerkicker who started this thread is getting benefit as well. So come back and start giggling again.

• windlass
    edited February 2012
    Options

Thanks, hrf, it was nice of you to break the awkward silence. Speaking of giggling and health, Psychology Today has a whole section on "The Laughing Cure" that validates joy and levity as not only fun, but healthy.

I notice that cancerkicker (who started this thread) has not logged back on here since she posted her original question five days ago.

• jap62
    jap62 Member Posts: 993
    edited February 2012
    Options

had pissy day today so hopefully I can have some laughter tomorrow, maybe she's lurking

• china
    china Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2012
    Options

I must be missing something here. I am clueless. The board is for everyone. Guess I will remain clueless and continue my quest for the elusive food grade cocoa butter. Dawn We all have cancer in some stage or another, it doesnt matter, we are all on this journey.

• 40-years-old-now
    40-years-old-now Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2012
    Options

Let me post my favorite post for bad days.

We will survive this!!

New treatments are happening every day, new ways to help us.

Stage IV is just a number, like all numbers they can be changed with alittle math.

Your attuditude is everything, be positive you will beat this. Beat it with a stick! A big one if needed.

Know that you are still in control, not the cancer, and not your man (no matter what they think.) LOL

Know that you are loved!

Know that a smile a day keeps you happy.

Stay positive! Keep laughing! Keep smiling! and Keep surviving!!

Candice

I go back and read it to remind myself, I had Just started chemo, was due for my second chemo the next day. Had lost my hair, had had raditiation too. Couldnt walk without a walker and that was even bad. Basically bed ridden.

So remember it is just a number, and to carry a big stick.

• 40-years-old-now
    40-years-old-now Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2012
    Options

I know the previous post is a bit off topic but I thought everyone could use a smile.

• JeninMichigan
    JeninMichigan Member Posts: 51
    edited February 2012
    Options

I have been reading this entire thread with much interest.  I haven't contributed because I am single with no prospects.   Although I did have a date with a super guy this weekend and am going out with him again ... so the prospect thing is looking up.   I decided to go buy come food grade cocoa butter ... you know just in case.   My opinion, yes, we all have cancer and I am sure for the vast majority it has taken its toll on our sex drive and ability.   However, I am not going to let cancer take intimacy away from me ... no way!!  If I get the chance to be intimate again in my life time (and I am determined this WILL happen with the right guy), I am going to enjoy that part of my life one way or another.   I would prefer being able to do this without excessive alcohol and discomfort.    Of course, I can say this because I don't have a husband who has been putting up with the lack of action for a long period of time.     It a hard subject and I appreciate the frank and lively discussion and all the giggles.   

Jennifer

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited February 2012
    Options

one used to be able to buy a paper wrapped square )or circle) of cocoa butter in the baking section.

and windlass.. i hope you keep posting  and posting as a non Stage 4 person..   I put your list thread on my favorite topics. Sorry if you've been made uncomfortable.

this is a unique thread and we all (hopefully or unhopefully) have, or have to have sex, stage 4 or not.

• suz45
    suz45 Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2012
    Options

No luck at Micheals for the cocoa butter Tongue out sigh this might be as hard to find as scream cream (wonder if they named it SC because you want to scream in frustration trying to get it?)

Hope everyone has a Great Day .... might be counting to 260 more or less Cool

Hugs Suz

• Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983
    edited February 2012
    Options

suz45

Did you check Whole Foods?

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited February 2012
    Options
  • crystalphm
    crystalphm Member Posts: 277
    edited February 2012
    Options

I just wanted to say I really appreciated all the posts, it is a given that in any forum we are all not going to agree nor are we on the same page at times, but this discussion has brought me many smiles and a feeling that I am not such an odd woman after all, and I thank you all for this!!!

• Fitztwins
    Fitztwins Member Posts: 144
    edited February 2012
    Options

China, LMAO...going to Meijers....

I had lunch with a friend who thinks coconut oil is the new miracle cure...who knows.

we put the lime in the coconut and put it back again!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,791
    edited February 2012
    Options

Jenny in MI,

I am single too, after a 23 year marriage. I still have a strong sex drive, just no man! I use coconut oil from Whole Foods to keep things in shape in the mean time. My life is full and happy but I would be open to a good relationship.

Caryn

• jap62
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I googled where to buy coconut butter and they say look in the skin care isle, just make sure it says 100% coconut butter and it may say 100% food grade, just read the ingredients, I an on the huntTongue out
  • apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited February 2012
    Options

that coconut oil is pretty cool.. just eating it.. makes you feel awesome.. just a teaspoon.  a few drops (or a little hunk, melted and rubbed on the hands and distributed to hair if you have any and on the skin).. it just feels wonderful

• jap62
    edited February 2012
    Options

might try that Apple when I go bald, I love to scramble my eggs in c oil-yummy

• JeninMichigan
    JeninMichigan Member Posts: 51
    edited February 2012
    Options

I have used organic coconut oil on my face and on all my scars for years now.   I can't say enough good about it.   After it absorbs it isnt greasy and so gentle on your skin.  I used it on my radiation areas during radiation and it was a wonder oil.   I never thought about it for other areas.  I get it at Kroger in the organic food section.   Only $6.00 a jar... way less than the high priced moisturizers that contain carcinogens.    I have an article somewhere about all the benefits of coconut oil.  I'll post it if I can find it.  

I have second date with Mr. Wonderful on Saturday night.  I better get busy figuring this stuff out.  Things are looking up!!!!  Sealed

Jennifer

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited February 2012
    Options

This is a wonderful place -- thanks so much for all this wonderful information. I never really gave this much thought but I guess it is more than likely given that I am 53 and post menapausal and about to start hormone therapy.  I am going out to buy coconut oil.  My niece was telling me all the benefits of this at Christmas but never mentioned this part.  Thanks again ... and I have had my morning laugh.

• Fitztwins
    Fitztwins Member Posts: 144
    edited February 2012
    Options

Coconut oil can be found in the cooking section with the olive oils.

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited February 2012
    Options

I keep forgetting to look for coconut oil! Might there be some unconscious impulse there? I've also made a note to talk to my gynecologist about the scream cream; I'd never heard about it before this thread was started. Thanks so much for the advice!