Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Comments

• suladog
    suladog Member Posts: 837

lago,

Well, I'm a screenwriter, my husband and I do comedies and I still have diarrhea!!!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Suldog do you watch your own comedies…maybe you're doing it wrong. Winking

• suladog
    suladog Member Posts: 837

Ha! I'm sure I am. I called and asked what to do about my runny nose and eyes, and they asked one of the Drs. (not mine) who absolutely denied that was any sort of side effect of herceptin, I just said yes it is, google it! Also my diarrhea has nothing to do with anything...bullshit. This was not my reg MO as he was away, this was some big boss dr. who is more full of shit than I am at this point and that's going some!!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Peg!!! Lago!!!!

Are you ok????? Were you affected by that quake????

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338

SpookiesMom, yup. Just fine. I didn't even NOTICE it and I was out walking my dog! Some people in the area did feel it. Maybe I'm just not sensitive to smaller earthquakes. I think nothing even moved in the house. Cat doesn't seem terrified. Speaking of which, my son in San Diego had a kitty who nearly always forecast quakes. He'd act peculiar. Neither of his kitties now seem to have that special quality. Thanks for asking and worrying!!! HUGS!!!

• spookiesmom

When I lived in Cinti, we had one. I was at a mall, DH was home said the lights were swinging. I thought he was full of it.

Glad you're ok!!!!

• pontiacpeggy

Thanks! We had one about 30 years ago that I also missed and I was at home. One son who was at school two very short blocks away felt it. The other at school a mile away, didn't. Go figure. Makes you wonder why you can be so close and one feels the quake and the other doesn't. HUGS!!

• lago

Spookies if I felt the earthquake all the way in Chicago that would be some major disaster!

• pontiacpeggy

Lago, the quake was about equidistance between us: earthquake's epicenter was roughly five miles south of Galesburg, or nine miles southeast of Kalamazoo in central Michigan. I suspect Lake Michigan interferes with it being felt around you.

• Mary59G
    Mary59G Member Posts: 52

Was very strong here in Kalamazoo, Galesburg is just maybe 5 miles from my house. Seemed like the whole house shook!

• pontiacpeggy

OMG, Mary! How scary!!!!!! You really were at the epicenter. Any damage? How did #1 puppy do with the shaking? How did YOU do with the shaking? HUGS!!!!

• Mary59G
    Mary59G Member Posts: 52

Everyone and Josie the puppy are fine, it was a big boom sounded like a train wreck! No damage, thank you......nobody has insurance for earthquakes of course! Sure was a good time to meet all the neighbors who have either moved in or just meet up with the old ones seeings as though we were all cooped up for the winter. So lots of good came out of it actually.......people DO still care about your neighbors!

On another note, while I was at Physical therapy on Friday, she actually worked so hard on my underarm area where all the lymphnodes are gone and has since been numb...could never feel anything and whatever she did it worked! I actually felt something so she says there is still hope that I may get something back there. She said I may be a bit sore today and she was right I am, but it is a good sore if that makes any sense. She also told me to sign up there for a YOGA class just to get started as it would be great for me. So I am so excited that things are beginning to change for me. And I get to start in the pool therapy 2 days a week.........I can't wait!!

Mary

• pontiacpeggy

Mary, glad you and yours are just fine! I can't believe you're getting feeling back under your arm so quickly! I have just now started having feeling there - after 9 months. My BS said that however much feeling I have at one year is as good as it's going to get. Glad the therapy helped you so much. All sounds so positive. YEAH. HUGS!!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540

Actually, I found the more I used it, the more feeling I got back. For instance, I have only been doing yoga for a year & I know my arm has more strength & I think more feeling than it did previously.....and I am many years past surgery.

• pontiacpeggy

That's really interesting, Ruth. I was just parroting what my BS said. As many years out as you are, there obviously is hope even beyond the year she said. Very encouraging. You are such a wonderful source of information and inspiration, Ruth. Thank you! HUGS!!!

• ruthbru

Surgeons (even great, wonderful ones) just pretty much know about surgery stuff. I remember my radiation oncologist stressed that, even years later, I should see him first if I had any issues, "because if you go straight to a surgeon, they will want to operate on you,whereas it might be something entirely different." So.....yikes, he must have had patients with unnecessary procedures who should have come to him first.

• pontiacpeggy

Ruth, I don't get that feeling from my BS but I certainly will keep it in mind. And what I was wondering about was definitely surgery related. Luckily, I have no other issues!

• spookiesmom

Sounds similar to what my RO said. Feel that scar once a month. If it's going to come back, that's where it will be, and you can always come see me with questions.

• pontiacpeggy

I haven't really looked at where I'm feeling to know if I'm hitting the scar. I just know that I am beginning to feel something when I shave with my safety razor. I'll have to check out that scar and see if that's where I'm feeling or just in the general area. Thanks!!

• spookiesmom

I can look at the scars, the first time or two was hard. There are a few places that are a constant ow when touched. I think it's scartissue from the drains. One leaked the whole time it was in, now it's an ow.

• pontiacpeggy

Spookie, It's not that I find it hard to look at the scar (or any of the others I've collected over the years), I just don't think to do it. I happened to notice I have a nice scar on my knee from 3 years ago. The light just hit it right so I could see it. Sorry your drain scars are still owies :( HUGS!

• Jesika63
    Jesika63 Member Posts: 25

Hi everyone. It has been a month started al and finished radiation. So far i have not had any side effects. I do have other things going on like HBP hypothyroid and a few other but nothing has blown my mind like this diagnosis. For the past 3 1/2 years i was by my sisters side while she fought ovarian and stomach ca,, When she got her angel wings i decided it was time for me to go get my yearly mamo done. Now i find myself here. Has been hard to even post at times but i thank God that i found these boards and read them often. Anyway, i want to know if it is ok or to drink ginger root tea while on Arimadex. I love tea but not sure which i can drink or not drink.

My scars don't bother me because i have many others including 2 C-Sections. What brothers me when i see the scares is the fear that Ca will return. thanks everyone

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

I have never heard of any issues with ginger tea, sounds like a good way to settle your tummy

but to be safe, do check with your doc, and well, sorry you are here but lots of good folks here

• ruthbru

ginger tea should be fine.

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Jessika, everyone who has had. BC has the same fears you do. I know it must be especially frightening for you, having been by your sister's side through her ordeal. These are great forums, with lots of wisdom and experience here. Don't hesitate to ask questions or just vent.

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Jessika, I just looked at your DX. I know you're concerned, but your DX is among the most hopeful you could wish for. There's no good BC, but you got a far less aggrssive and invasive DX than many women. Again, that doesn't stop you from worrying, as we all do.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Jessica, I will second the hopeful diagnosis, mine is close to yours and I was diagnosed in 08 and still kicking !

• lago

Hi Jesika63

• farmerjo
    farmerjo Member Posts: 239

Ok Peggy! Picked-up the Teva brand today...here's hoping for no itchy, burning, peeling scalp!

• pontiacpeggy

Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for you Jilly! Hoping you won't notice you're even on an AI!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!