Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In memory of Marybe

Options

Comments

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

I agree that these donations are aimed at BCO and should remain here. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,962
    Options

ditto

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

ditto ditto, I think those of us that donated did so to honor her and this was where we all connected with her

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Ditto for me as well, keep the donations here.

This site touches so many of us where physically we can not.

And Marybe reached out and touched us all........

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Ditto for me, too. 

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

I too assumed the donations were staying here. As a volunteer for the ACS and team lead for one of their upcoming walks I assume some of that money will go to research.

Keep it with BC.org

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

That was just thinking out loud.....i agree with what ever the sistas and the mods.do with the $$$$$

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

You are all terrific. It will stay with BCO, but can you think of a discussion board feature that we could add, or anything specific, that you think Marybe would have appreciated? 

Thanks for your generosity in Marybe's name!!

Your Mods 

• leez
    leez Member Posts: 12
    Options

Hello there. I wanted to let all of you know that Marybe's Celebration Party that took place this past Sunday, was  a HUGE success. I told mutual friends as we were cleaning up that she had taught us well!! Marbe was always having some "theme party " and we were of course, willing participants!! Anyway, the day was absolutely GORGEOUS- the skies were perfect; couldn't have asked for a more perfect day :) We had a slide show that captured the very heart of her life that played the whole time on one of the walls where everyone could see. There was a DJ that played her favorite 60's music, and we had a bartender that helped serve among other things, her recipe of Bourbon Slushes. There was a dessert table with petit fores and decorated heart cookies that were heavily decorated as MB would have done. They came from Servati's bakery and I must say, MB's cookies were better :) There was tons of food- you name it, it was there. There were approximately 150 people and it was truely awesome to see how much love for her there was. Tim had a great idea that each of us take a purple balloon ( purple being her favorite color ) and release it all at once to the skies. Wow. How powerful. Those balloons floated like none other I have ever seen. It was then I felt a sadness for me- knowing I'd never see my friend again on Earth. Somehow it made this whole nightmare to me real but it also reminded me how powerful she was as I looked at all those floating masses in the sky. I have to remember that she was lucky to have passed quickly. She so loved her homeplace in Portsmouth and was laid to rest the same day. I have never seen someone so closely connected to their birthplace as MB. Prior to the Celebration Party, her dad, aka " Daddy" (that is what MB called him and I call him that, too )had a memorial for her in church with the burial directly thereafter. I got some earth from her burial site and plan to spread that earth somewhere in Switzerland- maybe even Germany; the places in Europe she adored. I cannot wait to do this honor for her. In closing, her party was exactly as she would have liked it and it was over the top!!! Tons of pictures of her were placed through out the party room and it was decorated as she would have liked it. All of her closest friends gave her the send off of a lifetime. As for my friend, all I can say is, for those who bring happiness to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. Love you, Marybe XXXXXXOOOOOOO

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Oh Lee, thanks so much for letting us know how great the celebration of her life was. You are in my prayers.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Wow---that was so powerful.every single part of it was.

Thanks for sharing.

Im still in shock...

RIP.sista

hugggs k

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

I've been wondering how the celebration was and am so glad you described it for us, Lee.  It sounds like just what Marybe would have wanted!  You, Tim, and Daddy are still in my prayers, and will continue to be.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,962
    Options

What a wonderful and perfect send off for Marybe. Thanks for letting us be a part of it in spirit.

• moderators
    Options

Lee, thank you for letting us share in the celebration of Marybe. She left such an impression on this community.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Leez,

Thank you for sharing the beautiful celebration of Marybe with us. As I sat here reading with tears in my eyes, I was thinking I will never look at a purple balloon the same & I know I will never "know" anybody like Marybe again..... I only wish I had been able to have met her in person. 

What a beautiful life.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Thanks Leez, you wouldn't have any photos of the balloons?

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    Options
    Leez,  The day sounds lovely and befitting of our Marybe.  I liked how her fave oldies songs were playing too.  Smile
  • leez
    leez Member Posts: 12
    Options

I will try to get a copy. I was very emotional so I didn't take any pics but plan to get swith some people who did.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Tim emailed me that he got 7-8 minutes if video of the balloons going up and when he downloaded the camera, he only had 7 seconds! He was really upset. Just wanted you all to know.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Leez - Thank you for sharing Marybe's celebration with us.  I know from your description she would have loved it. I was in tears reading it. Tears of sadness that we will not have her stories, pictures, love and cookies, also tears of joy knowing that she is in no more pain, no more drugs to be taken and only happiness now.  

BarbA - I am so sorry for Tim that he did not get the length of video that he wanted.  My heart goes out to him.  I know he love her very much just for what she was and accepted her terms for living her life.  

Maybe we could make it easier to post pictures no matter what browser people are using.  Marybe did like to post pictures and was so good at telling some of us what we needed to do to be able to post them.  So maybe if there was a way to post our pictures directly from our computers to BC.org without using a 3rd party interface would be nice.  Or a like button for comments.  That is it for my thinking out loud. 

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

I was thinking of a "Marybe would LIKE this" button.

I like the idea of making it easier to post pictures.  I don't have problems, but I know many people struggle with it.

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

The picture help thing would be good.... no, not good, FANTASTIC. I have struggled for years, tried and tried, and yet cannot grasp the way this site works.  I can post pics to FB and other sites...no problem. I am on a site where we rant and rave about sports cars, and am always on the lookout for pics to put in my posts about good cars I have seen.

I looked forwards to Marybes pics, always so 'homey' felt as if you were there in her kitchen or garden. She is SO missed.

Isabella.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Thank you Lee for sharing....... You described it so well I felt myself there with you all celebrating Marybe. She was indeed a magnificent woman who lived and loved life on her terms. May she rest in peace.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

Thank you Lee what a truly fitting send off.  I love the easier picture posting idea and I'm wondering if the "like" button is owned by FB if not I "like" that idea as well.

• PinkyWI
    PinkyWI Member Posts: 29
    Options

I did not know Marybe but would have truly liked her had we "met".  Since this thread appears in the active topics quite often, I did a little searching and read the thread about the Red Devil -- very touching.  Well, I copied her recipe for Sauerkraut Balls but thought, since Marybe seemed to love to cook and bake, I assume that she freely shared her recipes on BC.org, wouldn't it be nice if all of her recipes were in one thread?  So, ladies, how does that sound?  I don't feel that I should be the one to start it because I really did not know her but I sure would like to have some of her cookie recipes.  ;-)

• K-Lo
    K-Lo Member Posts: 826
    Options

Dear Mods,

I do think Marybe  would love to have our avatars specially decorated after we pass.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options
    oo not me.. I hate to see her smiling face now, my darling friend is gone, but i s
  • 3jaysmom
    Options

i think the idea of picture posting is wonderful.. but they now have a page about it.. someone sent it to me.. but i can't remember where it is lol

i know after she learned to post pics, she went on a bender.. i called her my picture posting fool.. we'd laugh about it all the time.. she'd email me a pic, and then say, look what I did.. or where I went.. she was so happy to post pics for all of us here... i think that would be great!!!3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Options

leez, i wanted to thank you for the wonderful description of her "party" she and I talked about our "last wishes " when she was here. Tim and Daddy, and her frineds "done her proud"....

i almost feel like i was there.. i so wanted to be.. thank you for loving her for so long. she was the best.. i hope someone can get some pics, of the balloon send off, no matter  how little.. it sounds wonderful..

i knew Tim had it planned, and posted the purple balloons released in Paris by the Eiffel Tower. one of her friends was in Paris,for a long time.. she will be missed.......3jays

• moderators
    Options

3jaysmom, you're right, there is a great illustrated tutorial about posting pictures, created by a long-time member, nowheregirl. The link is in the first thread of this thread - just click the link to go there.