Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In memory of Marybe

Options

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

Thanks, Tim, I think of Marybe often.  Usually makes me smile.  Tonight I toasted her memory with a glass of Wisconsin wine called Prairie Fume that she tasted and liked at Shell Knob.  Miss you M!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

Thank you, to all of you who continue to post here to say you've donated to Breastcancer.org in honor of Marybe. She made such a lasting impression on this community.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Thanks for posting that, Tim.  We all miss Marybe so much still, but our loss cannot be compared to yours.  I so often think of you and Marybe's Daddy.

Kathy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

Tim, Thanks for posting the linky.. I know Marybe would appreciate the sperm comment, she'd say "gross"haha sent you a pm.....3jays

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Missing my Marybe.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Ya know Barb.when I saw your post today Marybe popped into my head.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

I still have her number in my cell phone contacts. I smile everytime I see it. I miss her but she  makes me smile.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    Options

I still have her picture in my Friends gallery on the Dashboard.  It's not going anywhere.  Miss her.

• barbaraa
    Options

She is in my heart and soul. I spoke with Tim and he and the dogs are hanging in there. Sigh.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Thanks Barb.  I often wonder how Tim's doing.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

I miss Marybe.......

• barbaraa
    Options

Me too Val. I think of her every day.

• elimar
    Options

Lately, I am seeing some t.v. shows that Marybe liked that are coming off of their breaks and starting new seasons, or in the case of "The Big C," getting ready to have the series finale.  I watched an episode of that one with her one time.  We ate pistachios and salt water taffy.

• elimar
    Options

I got an email from Marybe yesterday, and noticed I was not the only name in the "send to" line, so you might have some hacked email coming your way also.  We all know not to open links in any suspicious emails, right?  Nothing creepier than getting an email from "beyond the grave" although Marybe was a big fan of Twilight Zone.

• lago
    Options

I got it too. I just ignored. I'm sure her email has been hacked

• moderators
    Options

elimar and lago, thank you for the alert and reminder to everyone that even the most innocent email addresses can be mis-used by bad people. Just deleting the email is the right thing. Are you in contact with her family, to maybe suggest they close the email account, or change its password?

• The Mods

• elimar
    Options

I'm doing some chemo now and the other day, I finally saw someone getting the "Red Devil."  It was a tiny, non-menacing looking little bolus bag.  Ha!  We know otherwise, don't we Marybe?

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,962
    Options

Thinking of Marybe; and her cookies, and her famous sauerkraut balls.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

She is often on my mind.

• lago
    Options

I still have her contact in my mobile phone. I  smile every time I see her name. I fell so lucky to have known her and be her friend

• barbaraa
    Options

She is my Facebook avatar. Miss her.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    Options

Thinking of Marybe and her cookies today. 

• elimar
    Options

Sept. 4th was a weird day.  I was returning from a trip and then a few hours later got a call that an aged aunt had passed away...so even tho' I had been plotting to get some purple balloons for some weeks, when the actual day came I totally spaced out.  In some ways it seems longer than a year, in some ways it seems like only a short while ago that Marybe passed.  I think of her almost every time I post on BCO.  As I move closer to age 62, I realize just how young that was.  Thinking of her today, and putting up some purple balloons just a couple days late.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

I can't bring myself to delete her details from my phone or from my face book friends........I miss her.

• sandpiper1
    sandpiper1 Member Posts: 508
    Options

I was thinking of the outpouring of love and support for this very special friend of BCO. I did not know MB, but had occasion to see some of her posts and so many of you from the community speak so lovingling of her.

I was curious as to how the donations here were used in her memory. I remember the Mods saying it would be something special in MaryBs honor. Perhaps a 'like' button I believe was thrown around?.

Maybe I missed it somehwere buried in the thread.

Hugz to all.

piper

• elimar
    Options

I don't know the answer to that either...what did her donations go toward????????

• sandpiper1
    sandpiper1 Member Posts: 508
    Options

TY elimar. Thought I was crazy! I have been wondering for some time.

It seemed there were many generous donations made in MBs name...then I never heard or saw anything posted about the final amount or its use to pay homage to Marybe

Hopefully the Mods or someone else will come along soon and let us know.

:)

• moderators
    Options

Hi all! We are in the process of determining the best use of funds and the generous donations you all have shared with us in honor of Marybe -- unfortunately a lot of planning and time must be put into the process before implementing anything, so we are slowly (but surely!) getting there.

We'll get back to you with specifics once we have the upgrades narrowed down and where this money will be spent!

--Your Mods

• elimar
    Options

Really?  A year of deliberation already?  Well, o.k.  If only our government were as reflective on their spending. 

Make it something GOOD Mods!

• moderators
    Options

We appreciate your patience!