Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In memory of Marybe

Options

Comments

• sandpiper1
    sandpiper1 Member Posts: 508
    Options

Surprised

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

chrissyb I still have her in my phone as well. I smile when I see her name.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,962
    Options

I still have her PMs (mostly concerning cookies!).

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Hard to believe it has been over a year. Still miss her.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

joycek, thank you for checking again. We'll follow up to look for an answer for you.

• The Mods

• sandpiper1
    sandpiper1 Member Posts: 508
    Options

*sigh*

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

Making photos easier to post - so it's not necessary to have pics hosted on Photobucket or your Facebook or Flickr - is one of the features that was most requested throughout the community. The donations made to Breastcancer.org to honor and celebrate Marybe have been used to help make it possible for members to more easily share their images.

Thanks to your generosity on Marybe's behalf, there can be more pictures of balloons, cookies, friends and brilliant smiles like hers, throughout the boards. Thank you.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,811
    Options

Thank you, moderators!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    Options

This holiday season, give me just half the energy that Marybe had. It'll still be twice that of the average person.

While you are at it, throw in Marybe mad baking skills too.

Shine on, Marybe!

• elimar
    Options

The only thing I baked this holiday week was a rum cake.  I think Marybe would endorse it.  I'd serve up a large slice to her, if I could.

This is as close a pic of what my cake looks like as I could find.  

I'll be missing her into the New Year.

• elimar
    Options

If you think that a woman over 60 should never wear metallic green eye shadow, then you never met Marybe.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    Options

Saw the name "Marybe" in Active Topics this morning and had to post - I sure do miss her - she actually sent me cookies!  All the way to Canada and they got here in record time - I loved to read her posts - she gave me such energy on days when I just wanted to stay on the couch - I think of her often and she brings a smile to my face (but my heart is still sad - I HATE this disease). S.

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    Options

Thought of Marybe the other day when Game of Thrones received so many emmy nominations!  She would have been delighted because she LOVED the books.  She used to pm me. Told me how jealous she was of me because I read so many books!  I always laughed!  I use to tell her...look at all the things you do BESIDES reading!!!!!  I could only wish to pack my life with so many activities and STILL have time to read Game of Thrones!!!  

My oh my how I miss her too! 😢

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

I remember her so well

Especially when I first came on here

She gave so much asking for nothing in return

Thinking of u today Marybe"..

I hate this damn disease

• elimar
    Options

Today is two years that she has been gone.  I'm remembering her today.  Her voice, with the Ohio accent.

I am two years older.  Marybe is still 62.  In my mind's eye, that is.  With a little luck, I will catch up to her one day.

BC killed her.  Adriamycin killed her.  Sixty two is too young.

Wouldn't you think, with all the smart, educated minds that have been working on cancer research all these years, and with all the money spent, that there would be a cure by now?   Well, think again, and do not forget the ones who didn't even make it to the "average" lifespan because of BC.  There are so many.

• FireKracker
    Options

It seemed like yesterday we got the news

I'll be thinkin of u all day today

And yes Elimer they should have found a cure by now

They can send a damn man to the moon..

Special Lady..RIP.xo

• lago
    Options

Odd but I was thinking of her today too. Thinking about a picture I have of her and 2 other BC.org gals eating Thai food. First time I met everyone.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,962
    Options

What a tremendous lady (and I'm not saying that just because she sent me cookies Smile). She is very much missed. I hope her puppies are doing okay.....

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200
    Options

I can't believe it's been 2 years. She was one special lady. 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

I have been thinking about her and my trip to the USA where I got to meet her.   A truly amazing lady and one that has left us way too soon.

• FireKracker
    Options

She was quite the lady

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    Options

I don't know why but I have been thinking of Marybe today.  Indeed she was one in a million.  I recall that 

when I was first diagnosed with mets in April 2010, she was the first person to respond to my post that it was back.  She had so much strength and was so brave.  She really helped me with her reassurances that I was not about to die imminently, that many women can and do live for yers after a mets diagnosis.  I leaned on her during that time and she helped me through. 

I always found it amazing that although she was years into mets, she still worked full time, on her feet all day, as a dental hygienist.   She also helped her dad who was over ninety but still going strong.  If it had not been for BC I think Marybe would have lived a long productive life like her dad.  I have thought of him many times since Marybe passed away.  He must be very lonely without her. 

Marybe was a very remarkable person.  I miss her a lot.  Rest in peace, my friend.

the 

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    Options

She was a terrific lady, our Marybe - she gave off such good energy - on days when I didn't want to get off the couch (or even out of bed) I'd read one of her posts and get back at it - and she sent me cookies!!!

• elimar
    Options

I tell my best friend IRL about Marybe. My BFF has Stage IV BC, in just the bones, like how Marybe started out. Her 14 years was encouragement for so many and even now, she gives hope to my BFF.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,811
    Options

Marybe's influence continues!

• FireKracker
    Options

her attitude was amazing

So was her heart

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

I think of Marybe every day. She is my inspiration now that I have mets. She carried on with dignity and grace and way more energy than I have. Love you Marybe.

• elimar
    Options

Early this morning, I found myself on the couch watching a couple of Twilight Zone episodes that I had not seen before, hoping to doze off again. (Marybe always seemed to catch those Twilight Zones marathons...she mentioned them several times to me.) I did finally manage to get back to sleep. Only on waking again did I realize the date and that it has been three years now since Marybe has passed. So, I guess I had a very fitting start to this day of remembrance of her. I miss her when I come to BCO. Think I might go back and read some of her old posts today.

I also feel like I should keep my eyes on the skies all day, just in case a purple balloon happens to float by. That would be weird if one did. Maybe not Twilight Zone weird, but still...

• lago
    Options

I remember the first time I met Marybe she said "I have a good feeling about you. You're going to make it." Last Monday was 5 years NED for me. So wish she was here to share this news.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

I can't believe it's been 3 years, Marybe was like a beacon she drew so many of us to her with her warmth and light