Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In memory of Marybe

Options
1234568»

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    Options

Congrats on the 5-year milestone, lago. Keep it goin'!

I know some that posted here for Marybe are gone now too (R.I.P. justjudie & LuvRVing,) but like justjudie wrote above, Marybe was the poster girl for just going out and living a life that was not all about her BC. Yeah, it was there, but like an afterthought, a footnote. She never let the BC define her. I thought that was wonderful.

BTW, I believe her dad finally had to make the move from his own home and into an assisted facility, being quite elderly now.

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    Options

Elimar...earlier this week I posted how the third anniversary of Marybe's passing was approaching. It is so tough to wrap my brain around her loss. How do you explain to someone how you miss someone soooo much especially since you never met them? It would be a herculean task to explain how so many of us were touched by her. I sometimes find myself thinking about why I had to be diagnosed with cancer and wonder if it was G-d's plan for me to have cancer so I would be blessed with "meeting" her. That said, it breaks my heart knowing that life can sometimes be soooo unfair.

• voraciousreader
    Options

congrats lago!

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    Options

I can't believe it's been 3 years since Marybe left us - I loved her posts - she was so energetic and her descriptions of her party planning wore me out and made me smile. I remember when we had the bet and the payoff was cookies and sure enough the cookies showed up here in Canada and not a single one was broken - I smile when I think of her and I miss her.

Lago - congratulations on your 5th - Marybe was right!!!

• elimar
    Options

I read some of her old posts today (like I said I was going to) and I had forgotten that she had planned a trip to Europe for that October. So sad that she didn't get to do that.

Many times she commented on how surprisingly quick someone could "go" at the end and that it freaked her out. So, there's the irony that it did happen to her just like that. Up and posting one week, gone the next. On the other hand, she wasn't a "vigil" kind of gal, and I don't think that route would have been to her liking. Honestly, she never really cared for the "Angel" designation either. Yes, she knew that was how a fallen BC sister was honored around here, but she wasn't into that label at all. I can't help thinking that if she did get herself a set of angel wings, she'd be likely to flap them in your face as if to say, "I always liked costumes, and get a load of this one!"

I miss how straightforward she was and her Midwestern sensibilities. I just miss her.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

thanks voraciousreader and 208sandy

Elimar I am glad she went quick. Better for her that she didn't suffer. But yeah I was talking to her one day and 2 days later she was gone!

• voraciousreader
    Options

Lago....same here! A day or two before she passed we were in contact. Who could have ever guessed that that wonderful heart of hers would ever stop beating.....

• elimar
    Options

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

I will never forget Narybe. I was blessed to have been there with her at the end.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,811
    Options

Heart

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

I am doing fine, Joyce. Still missing my Marybe. My heart is broken again since Amy Jo (Elisimo) passed yesterday.

• elimar
    Options

BarbA, So happy to hear you are doing well.

Sad to hear that Amy Jo is gone now. I hardly knew her from the threads, but had a great time with her at one of Marybe's "gatherings." We did a few things together, and one was attending a country fair dog pageant. Hilarious--ha! I will remember those good times.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    Options

Hi Barb - good to "see" you - hope you're doing well - I miss Marybe too and think of her often. Sorry to hear about Amy Jo's passing. Sending hugs, S.

• elimar
    Options

I have been remembering Marybe quite a bit recently, now four years gone. This thread hasn't been active (although the memories go on.) I'm glad LuvRVing made this thread for Marybe and for us. Too bad LuvRVing isn't around anymore either. So many women gone...

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Facebook posted a photo memory for me this weekend. It was when I first met Marybe. Marybe, Adey and Englishwriter from BCO were there as well. Only English and myself still here. Miss them both

• voraciousreader
    Options

This past weekend...VR and Beesie had the pleasure of meeting and VR mentioned how much she missed Marybe. Beesie knew nothing about Marybe's Sauerkraut Balls! VR enjoys making them and honor's her memory by sharing her recipe. Likewise... she instilled her recipe for living in everyone who she touched whether in person or via cyberspace.....such a special woman...

• elimar
    Options
  • voraciousreader
    Options

HeartThank you! I miss her too! She LOVED Game of Thrones...my heart weeps when it is televised....I still enjoy making her sauerkraut balls and sharing her recipe....

• elimar
    Options

R.I.P. sweet friend, Marybe.

Remembering her today. She had an indelible personality. When I go back and read some of her past posts it is almost like she is still with us. If only.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,811
    Options

Image result for angel M