Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

ALL THINGS Gloves and sleeves

Comments

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited July 2014

haha, Marple, good one. I actually wore a tank top with c. sleeves on both arms while walking in a cute waterfront town nearby today. I don't usually wear tank tops with sleeves.  It was hot, I was sweaty and crabby and had lots of head-turning stares. It's a good thing nobody grabbed me or asked about them! I'm grateful the sleeves work for my LE and they are an unusual sight. It's a good patience, kindness practice to hold my tongue!

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited July 2014

I posted about my new sz small LympheDiva sleeves in June.  I exchanged them for a Medium- Just got them 2 days ago & I am feeling confused, disappointed & Frustrated too.  My measurements fit on the high end of their Small sleeve.  My Measurements fit on the low end of their Medium sleeve.  Yet this new Medium sleeve is still tight!    What would someone do that has an arm bigger then mine- but still in the medium size?   Am I so used to my Juzo sleeve that this new brand just feels wierd?   I wanted to own some pretty printed sleeves so bad...I just dont know what to think about how these fit.   It hurts when I bend my arm in the crook of the elbow as it is so tight. (I have only had it on for 15 minutes)   Will it loosen a little?  it is also tight at the wrist...My wrist is 6"  (the Medium sz wrist is 6.5-8.5"!) I just dont get how it can be that tight if it is supposed to fit somone whos measurements could be 1.5-2" bigger then mine!  

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited July 2014

I saw a young boy at the museum yesterday and he apparently had a medical condition that necessitated him to wear a mask. Well, it was a "flame" mask.  It looked awesome, and way cooler than an ordinary boring mask.

• KittyDog
    KittyDog Member Posts: 656
    edited July 2014

Maybe they sized it wrong.  Good luck finding a sleeve that works.

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

wow, dejaboo, that seems weird. Maybe it's defective?

• binney4
    binney4 Member Posts: 1,466
    edited July 2014

Dejaboo, call them up and tell them what's going on. That's just not okay, and I think they'd want to know about it.

Hugs,
    Binney

• Dejaboo
    edited July 2014

Thanks you guys- I will call them & see what they think.  I dont think they could be sized wrong as I bought 3 size smalls (returned them) & then got 3 size mediums...All 3 Mediums are too small feeling.  Should I call Lymphedivas?   I purchased them at Brightlife.

• purple32
    purple32 Member Posts: 1,767
    edited July 2014

DEEJABOO

PLEASE contact Lymphedivas DIRECTLY- I am 100% sure they will work with you.

Let us know how you make out.

Laurie

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 814
    edited July 2014
    Weighing in on my new seamless jobst glove. Been wearing it for a few days. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get this right for something like the shape of a hand. I LOVE that I can now put a rubber glove on and not have the seams on the fingers roll back. A definite improvement there. I am experiencing the same digging in issues between 2 middle fingers though, but Ive got a bit of a workaround for that. So far so good! Going back to the softer grade material for my custom Jobst sleeve seems to better for me as well.
  • hugz4u
    hugz4u Member Posts: 1,818
    edited July 2014

Try inserting fat markers into the fingers when they are wet. Really helps me. I think you have the same glove as me.

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2014

Yes the markers are a good idea. I take it though, you'd want to use slightly different sizes, at least for the thumb and baby finger? Anyway, what I;m talking about is an annoying little fold/lump in one place at the base of the 2 mid fingers. Must just be the shape of my fingers or something as my last 3 or 4 gloves have had the tendency to do this. My work around is a soft piece of tiny sponge wedged in as I put the glove on. It usually works well unless it slides sideways or something.

If you have the same as mine, how are you finding your glove hugz in general?

• hugz4u
    hugz4u Member Posts: 1,818
    edited July 2014

Musical, You must have an off shelf, mine is custom, the jobst no seam one. I think it is elverex(sp) and the softer one. I tried the harder fabric and it was awful. I use 2 different marker sizes. I don't get those lumps with custom but do with some off shelf, especially at the knuckle joints.

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2014

Hugz mines a custom jobst with no seams. I THINK it is the harder material though which I've always asked for.  Im sure it will have it on the documentation that comes with it. My custom jobst sleeve is also softer than the last one which was a DISASTER. Its the worst sleeve Ive had. Like you say...awful.

• sollertia
    sollertia Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014

I have very small wrists 13-13.5 cm. The Juzo size I (extra small) works for me.  The Lymphediva sleeves do not fit because their small is 15 cm at the wrist.  I tend to swell in them.  I will wear them when I want the pretty color, but only with a Solidea wrist support under them I can wear them. 

I found the Solidea sleeves are rated down to 13 cm.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F6BGWQY/ref=twister_B00F6BGWYG

I'm now under control with my husband doing a modified MLD on my arm each night before using the Solaris Tribute overnight and rotating the Solidea sleeves along with the Juzo sleeves, but using the Solidea gauntlets exclusively.  I found the Solidea gauntlets didn't cramp my hands nor pinch my thumb.   Not sure which portion of the massage, Tribute night sleeve or Solidea garments is doing the trick as they all started about the same time.

• andreamia
    andreamia Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2014

Hi everyone. I have very mild lymphedema that isn't even visible, but I was advised to wear my sleeve to bed and when I workout. However, after I wear it for an hour or two it starts to feel incredibly painful! Especially on my hand with the gauntlet. Has anyone else had this problem? I want to wear the sleeve to help prevent worsening lymphedema, but it hurts too much to do so! Pretty sure it is sized correctly. I went to a physical therapist who specializes in lymphedema and she measured it a couple different times.

Is it kind of like a retainer for teeth, where it hurts bad at first but if you keep trying to wear it, it will eventually stop hurting? Lol. Weird analogy?

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited July 2014

andreamia I have minor LE that really isn't visibly noticeable as well. I do wear my sleeve daily (not at night) and of course when I exercise as well. My arm feels better in the sleeve. Maybe someone is measuring incorrectly. I know my first sleeve was too short and the silicone bothered me. When I got a longer sleeve with no silicone it was much better.

It does take time getting used to them but you shouldn't be in pain.

• andreamia
    edited July 2014

Thank-you Iago, I wonder if maybe the medical supply place ordered the wrong size? I got it several months ago so I'm pretty sure I can't return or exchange it now. However, I did order a Juzo dream sleeve with the measurements my PT gave me yesterday. She said with my mild LE the dream sleeve would work fine for me. Hopefully it will be a comfier fit and not hurt my arm. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Did anyone order the orchid color? Does it look like the color sample on their site?

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

I have the orchid,,, its a very nice color!

I wanted to mention:  I was told to not wear the dreamsleeve to bed. You can move around in the sleep, and the sleeve get twisted up so that it is no longer smooth. If there is a wrinkle, it could be a point where lymph fluid could collect. I might suggest checking with your therapist about that. There are special sleeves and garments for night time wear but the Dream sleeve isn't one of them,,, as far as I know.

• andreamia
    edited July 2014

Thanks glennie, that's good to know! Maybe I will try to wear it in the evening. I am mostly concerned about when I'm exercising. I am a long distance runner and should really be wearing a sleeve when I'm out on a run. I also heard you should wear it for at least an hour after you are done exercising. Does anyone like using the dream sleeve when exercising? Is it light enough to not get too hot? Sorry about all the questions :)

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

I don't LOVE wearing the sleeve while I exercise. I live in FL and it's HOT.  However, it's a good idea to wear it when you exercise. It has been suggested on this forum to spray the sleeve with cool water, (after you have put it on)  and then go exercise with it. The evaporation of the water helps to keep your arm cool. I've done this and it does really help.

Don't worry about asking questions. We are all in this together. I've only had LE for a couple of months and I've learned SO MUCH on here!! Everyone has been really helpful.

• andreamia
    edited July 2014

Oh wow that is a great idea! It has been abnormally cool around here (60-70) for a Michigan summer so I haven't had to worry about the weather too much. Looks like it's gonna heat up next week though so spraying it with cool water will be very helpful. Thank-you!

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

Your cat looks like the cat that lives a block away from me. She's a bold thing; never running from my dog! 

• andreamia
    edited July 2014

Haha, I love my tuxedo kitty. He's a chubby little sweetie. I named him Genji after my favorite japanese steak house. Lol. 

• floaton
    floaton Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2014

andreamia,  I have a dreamsleeve too, but my fitter ended up trading my regular size (which is technically what my measurements are) for a "max" because the regular hurt my arm and made it feel cold.  Not sure if that would work with your le, but seems to do the trick for mine for exercising - maybe it's something you can ask your pt about if this one is uncomfortable too.  I'd compare the weight of the dreamsleeve to a pair of winter tights, and usually use mine on the treadmill in the basement :)!  I find the lymphedivas brand sleeves are thinner and a bit cooler for exercising when it's hot.   

I'm new at this too, but a well fitting sleeve shouldn't hurt.  And from what I've learned from my body and on here, pain itself can lead to swelling, so a sleeve that hurts may be doing more harm than good :(.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited July 2014

in general pain, no mater what is an indication something is wrong. 

• andreamia
    edited July 2014

Yeah it must be too tight. At least I know now that it shouldn't feel that way. Thanks everyone.

• Dejaboo
    edited August 2014

I wanted to update my about my LympheDiva sleeves.  I did contact Josh & he was very helpful.  I tried 3 different sleeves, Unfortunately they just did not work for me :(

So I thought I would try a Solid Colored sleeve by Juzo...While looking at those I saw they had some Tie Dye sleeves- I had not seen them before.  So I am going to try one of those- They take longer for an order.  Hopefully in a week or so I will have it.

I was really hoping for some pretty fun sleeves for the Summer!    I fear summer will be over here before I get to try anything

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2014

I use juzo sleeves.. Only thing that worked for me..

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

I have a gray tie-dyed and blue tie-dyed from Juzo. I love the colors and get a lot of compliments on them!

• mcgis
    mcgis Member Posts: 74
    edited August 2014

i have a few from Juzo that seem to be pretty good. i too like the tie-dyed. i wish juzo made a glove that matched their sleeves. gauntlets don't work for me.

i have a few lymphdivas too and get some looks. i just tell them my arm and hand swell and they help it. the people don't typically ask anything more. i don't feel too comfortable going into more detail and they don't need to know why it swells.

has anyone tried Mediven harmony gloves? My fitter had one and it was so comfy when I tried it on that I ordered one. Hope it works. It's very comparable to my custom fit Juzo. The fingers stubs are longer than the off the shelf Juzo.

i also have a JoviPak (oven mitt) sleeve for night time. i got a box glove too but it's too tight after it shrunk from washing. so, i need to go back to my fitter. anyone use one of those by Jovi?