STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

I agree Gran.....every one does not need to know.....my husband use to say.....DON'T BE PUTTING YOUR BUSINESS OUT IN THE STREET.....and he always yelled it, like most Italian husbands do.....lol......

However we could share it by PM, with the sista's we feel close to.......well shit, that is everyone on this thread....lol

Sounds like a plan..........honestly, I am so smart, I scare myself....QUIET, NOT A COMMENT FROM ANY OF YOU.........

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited June 2013

Oh my goodness.....don't know where to start - couldn't even get through all the posts, so  don't even know who said what, so will catch you hoolipals up on what's happening in my neck of the woods, then do a more in-depth greeting later this weekend.

Peehole's comment was Tuesday, I think. Then Weds/ Thurs I took time off to pick tropical flowers from our place, clean all the critters off, trim and make arrangements for my BFF's dad's memorial service and internment at Punchbowl. It's an all day affair, but something I enjoy doing for special occasions like weddings, retirements, etc. Then I spent Thursday at the service, got there before my friend and her family and had all the flowers set up. It was nice. 

Yesterday I went back for Day #3 at pediatric clinical. 90-minute bus ride each way because parking is $25 a day. I don't want my son driving me each way, too expensive and time consuming, so I leave at 6 am and get home at 6 pm. 

Get there at 7:30, and am quiet as a mouse the whole morning. Prep my charts, reading all the previous notes on the kids, what their visit is for, get myself as organized as possible for the upcoming visits. Can't sit on my little step stool because the staff is too busy pulling the old paper charts for the upcoming appts, so I go sit on a kiddie stool in one of the microscopic exam rooms. The whole place is so small, and there are 4 staff and 2 docs, so it's best to lie low at the beginning and stay OUT OF THE WAY. I come in early, because I need 210 hours, and want to max pack the hours so can finish the clinical practicum sooner. 

I see little kiddies, start their exams, step out of the way when PH comes in, keep my mouth shut to all staff, only speak when spoken to. Well, the day went fine. I got tons of experience, actually really enjoy doing the exams and working with the kiddies and parents. I'm still real green, and need to learn a lot, but I catch up after dinner, reading about all the areas I need to improve. 

PH calls me in before lunch to go over all the patients we saw. I tell him my exam findings and what I think was happening with the sick ones. Guess what - I nailed the diagnoses on the sick ones and even which ones needed antibiotics, and which ones didn't, and what antibiotics to give! Yay!! He asks me if I have any questions, so we go over each patient and tell him what I learned and what questions I have. Nice as pie, he answers all my questions and gives me handouts and articles to read. 

After lunch the staff is all over me how am I doing, do I need anything, etc. etc. etc. We do the afternoon patients, I stay until clinic closes, and the last 30 minutes it's: how are you doing, do you need anything. It's good to see you came back another day, not everyone does, etc. etc. etc. Too funny!

So this is the bottom line: I don't want any drama. I want to finish the practicum and move on. If I quit now it will take forever to get a new one and start over. I have 3 days done and 26 to go - 10% done!! I can do this, and learn a lot, so will keep my mouth shut and have fun. Thought you would enjoy this story. Now off to Saturday morning Jazzercise at 8:30, then having a show and tell at a colleague’s house. She's having her mastectomy reconstruction after years of treatment, one friend has saline implants, and I have the silicone form stable ones (gummy bears), so she can look and feel and decide what she wants. We all have the same plastic surgeon, and two of them met in radiation. We get together for coffee once in awhile. She's an audiologist and is going to help me figure out where to get hearing aids  - we have congenital early hearing loss in our family, and I'm the oldest so I gotta get them first.

Okay chicklets, hope this entertained you.

Happy Birthday Flowers, welcome Dwilligirl, hugs and good thoughts Sass and congratulations Phyllasophia, I'm not sure for what, I'll read about it later. Cammi - your house? WTF?

I'll be back.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

PurplePrincess has my info. And I told my husband to post if anything happens to me. I am invincible so nothing will happen.

• duckyb1
    edited June 2013

Veggy....damn straight......you go girl....hugs

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited June 2013

And Veggy has my info too...so does a lot of other sistas....

Ducky---i guess its an Italian thing to keep your info somewhat private....deos anyone have yours?????if not you betta give it to someone on here...doesnt matter who but at least 1 person needs the email or phone number or both....you hear me??????

that goes for all of you....share please....we gotta look out for one another....

Is there anyone who doesnt have any info on at least 1 person????speak up now or join the Central Address book.Again its on the stage 4 forum but the book is open to all...

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2013

Oh yeah forgot to add maybe its just me but I still pee sometimes when you all make me laugh too much... Ahhhhh child birth

Ducky I agree PM our info is best :) bc like sass says everyone is watching... I already get enough junk mail ;) but not from you hooligans

Xoxo sweet pea

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Oh sweetpee, We'll spell it that way from now on, wait till you get older-can you say Depends?????Laughing

• duckyb1
    edited June 2013

Another nickname.....SWEET PEE....lol

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2013

LOL Not making it to the bathroom in time is not SWEET PEE for me.  Large economy size packs of Poise shipped from Amazon.  Hauling out plastic bags of used "diapers".   Being prepared when away from home.  Ahh the delights of growing older.  I wonder what next........

Still recovering from Thursday and Friday.  Stress wears me out.  Be back later to offer support or snark where needed.  J

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Lol marywhat and sweetpee.

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Granny, I don't have info on anyone and nobody has mine. Can I get a buddy? I don't like being a cancer orphink. sniff

Even tho I'm a hooligan, I'm a trustworthy hooligan.

P

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

I really love this video!

This guy found
    this baby hummingbird after it was attacked, and he nursed it

back to health until
    it decided to stay and be his pet.

And be sure to
    have your sound on. The song in the background is almost as good

as the video itself.
      ENJOY!

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

I now have buddigans! Yippee for mee! I am no longer an orphink.

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

No little orphink.....  but you ARE  officially "one of us....".... Ha, ha!

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

I am very proud of me today. I did 2 loads of laundry, took out the trash and so far have not taken a nap. Progress!

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

OH, so, I cleaned out from beside the garage, raked the leaves, toted that barge and lifted those bales!  You ain't got nothin on ME kiddo! 

AND I fed the damn chickens!  Not to mention went shopping, cleaned the kitchen, AND I'm having a chocolate coke as we speak! xoxoxo

Nap?  What a lazy-bones.... actually that really sounds good right now..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  sniff-sniff.

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Chevy awwww that was so sweet!

• FireKracker
    edited June 2013

Any one else who doesnt have a buddy?

Dont be shy now...kk.

We are here for you...remember that.

I remember from another thread and we

had a new girl and we were exchanging phone numbers and i sent her a pm asking her if she had a buddy and she said no..she was new...well she wasnt here that long but when she went missing i did call her....she said she was moving on and thanks for checkin up on her.....

so the phone number did work...sometimes email takes time....

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Oh I load 16 tons and wht did I get another day older and deeper in debt----Oh that's not me--it's an old song... I took a nap and did a lot of work in my sleep. Dreaming is very exhausting sometimes--Yes it is. They hve proven that now. WTF I can't type at all.

Shell we are all so proud of u and how u handle everything--u make all of us look good and in public too----some of us are not fit for a public world--no names, but just think of EVERYONE ON HERE--see no names.

I know Sas has my phone #, but I don't think she has my e-mail --I'm not sure anymore. Oh F*** I'm not sure of anything anymore. Except it's cloudy out and I don't check my e-mail like I used to , during the week more so. My week ends are filled with fun and excitement--right. It's so quiet in this house today, the kids went out last nite and I remember when they could really drink, now a few beers and they fal asleep wherever they are and the next day are like staring into space. hahaha  The wacky weed is better u don't have any hangover the next day--Huh kids just don't listen now a days.

I hear thunder I wondered why my Katie=Kat left me so quickly a few minutes ago--I don't even know where she hides--there's alot of places in this house, not like my Condo.

I'm into action movies today, usully it's the scary ones but today I was thinking of Phylomaniac so it's cops and bad guys today--I love the good guys besting the chit out of the bad guys. Sorry Phyloopiumden.

A story----my dad always loved his hometown in Italy and talked about it lot--he grew up there and had wonderful memories of the villge that eceryone was getting long and nice to one another. Well it turned out right outside the town was a huge (to him) poppy fiels and the Ladies would pick the flowers and take the seeds and boil them with tea and everyone drank it, kids, babies, everyone. I said to him once did u know u were a town on opium??? He said no one cared that's why it was so happy. Quite a moral to that story.And no one had to firght over it or sell it--not much crime then. LOL

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

Fellow Hooligans,

Many, many thanks for the great abundance of birthday wishes.  WOW!  What a great group I've been lucky enough to be a part of.   Yes, the filet was "to die for" (for you New Yorkers).  Unfortunately, today was a $hit storm of more family issues and I left the house to look for my own place an actually found one that I can afford AND take my Pug, Broadway Rudy Giuliani.  Praise the Lord.  The problems are those that many of you and many in our society have dealt with but this sick gal cannot handle any more.  Plus I was told today that I cannot be trusted by my lovely Sis's husband.  So you know, he can go FU** himself, I am outta here on June 15th.  Just moving a few miles down the road to Lewisville, TX. until after RADS and the ovary removal surgery.  Don't know if you all know this but ONCE YOU CROSS A FULL-BLOODED ITALIAN, THAT IS THE END OF THE ROAD FOR U!  Oh well, will always love my Sis and her 2 boys and will leave here grateful for all that was done for me but I gotta go!  Wish me luck all.  I will need it.  Gonna have to find a job, furniture, linens, kitchenware, a computer, etc. and some place to do my laundry.  Other than that, I am sure that things will be fine.  Signed a 7 months lease so that I am not stuck for too long if things get worse.  Peace y'all.  Now I will STFU!

Flowers

• FireKracker
    edited June 2013

Oh flowers...I'm sooo sorry for all that friggin family stuff u are goin throu.Been there done that..but u don't need to hear this now...just know we are all here for you...24/7..

I hear you on crossing a full blooded Italian..I can do the same thing in just a heartbeat..Things will work out cause you will make them work..right?

We are all behind you...right sistas?????just holler if you need us....make sure you have phone numbers so if you need to talk we are here.

Huggggs,love and kisses...prayers too.

Xo princess purple kantalope

• marywh
    edited June 2013

I dont have a buddy yet......

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2013

Mary, Ducky, phgraham love it sweet pee but its kinda gross... Haha I type swear pea, sweat pea, and now I have sweet pee ;) Shit I needed diapers during chemo and all the f-Big-D.

I'm a orphink too phgraham... Chevy will you adopt me... Well anyone... Who doesn't like sweet pee anyway... Haha maybe Jan?

Camillegal I'm sorry about the fam issues! What the hell is his problem!! My blood boils so rude!!!

Hugs

Sweet Pea

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited June 2013

Maryboo, I don't have a buddy either.  Sending you a PM.  

Feeling a bit sorry for myself, in spite of a lovely sunny day.  One year ago today (June 1), I was in the hospital having my BMX.  Seems so long ago and yet not.  I know you folks understand.  Tears are really close to the surface.

Shell, Glad to hear things are going better.  Missed your late night (not by PDT folks) check in.  

I think I qualify for mentally stable-or I'm really good at faking it!

Happy weekend!

J

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

swearing sweat pee! Pm me if you still need a buddy. I can have more than one!

Phyllllllllious

• FireKracker
    edited June 2013

Buddy up sistas...

Just pick anyone but make sure you pick.

No one will refuse you and you all know this

Sooooo just pick your fav.sista and send a pm.

NOW!!!!!!

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

I'm here you lot if anybody needs a buddy, would be my privilege as I love you all...better than some of my real family members.

Oh flowers, I 'm so sorry things are so bad at your sister's. WTH is wrong with your BIL???....as the Princess said....we are all here for you...come here to rant and scream,

we're listening....❤

• marywh
    edited June 2013

Chev, that video was the best. Love the song too, thats Jack Johnson, the singer from Hawaii. Hes my favorite.

• FireKracker
    edited June 2013

Mary what your name...did you pick a buddy?

I think you are the only one

if im wrong come on lets buddy up

is anyone else left?

• marywh
    edited June 2013

Yep, Juliaanna and I are going to be buddies. Dh and I actually went on a date this afternoon. We went to see Mud with Matthew Maconahey-I know I didnt spell his name right. I love that man. If I was 35 years younger I'd give him a run for his money. What a butt....