STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited June 2013

Omg- to give an idea of how old my parents were- my mom, who died last October, 2 days before my diagnoses, would have turned 90 this past march. My dad, would have turned 94 yesterday.:(

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Merlcat u'r only 47 u'r like my oldest DD's age hahaha my youngest is 43 Oh geeze but I'm not sexy and stunning like Ducky--I'm just goofy like in Michy Mouse. OK who's younger than Merl, we're taking a survey we know Chevy, Princess, Ducky and me aren't LOL

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

My oldest of 6 will be 56 in July.........

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Oh Ducky how did the years go by so quickly???

Well I was thinking wear a hat and keep u'r head down and sunglasses, maybee no one will recognize u. hahaha Tell us how it goes,

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

merliecat - OMG, at 47 I had boyfriends!  Well, they were men.  Younger men.  Young'uns seemd to like me.  I almost remember that!

ducky  - I understand what you are saying about moving on without a thought.  I thought about it for the 23 years we were together and finally did it.  It took me about 2 years to get back to being "me" and not what I had to be to survive in that marriage.  Some people have said, "well, the love of your life is still out there".  But what if that one WAS the love of my life and I just couldn't live with him?  Whoops!  deep thoughts by the caffeine deprived.  I'll be better soon!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Philoosophy don't think so deeply, it sounds sad to me. But u could be right. And maybe ther is someone for everyone, but I think they might have been in u'r life while u were wasting time with someone else. So who knows.

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited June 2013

Lol when I was in junior and high school, I would NEVER have dated someone my own age much less a younger guy. Ha ha..it's kinda ironic as I am married to a guy who is almostb4 years younger than me...go figure.....

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

nope am here....thanks Scottie!!

Chickie me either (or smell 4 years, not related to chemo) and I tend to eat crunchy stuff and things I usually eat things that I ate before...I also have ADD so I am a visual person so I eat things that are visually appetizing..hang in there...

It was raining hear earlier...turned the air off....hope I don't have to turn in back on...it is 70 something...

ducky what is the MRI for?

I am 59....my oldest is 38...

am so pissed off what do I have all these kids for...my car has been broken for 2 weeks, NOBODY has offered to help get the battery out and take me to get a new one...they don't have to pay for it....they except for my DD2 Jamie, has asked if I need anything....I asked DIL if I can use her car wednesday while it sits in the parking lot to go to chemo, she said yes, so that is when I will get things that I need such as milk, CVS, etc....that I why I freaked on my DS1 the other day, I asked to borrow his car and of course that is a problem...took them to the store the other day used my food stamps to the tune of 129.00 and no thank you from either one of them, won't happen again, well that is what I said when it happened the last time....well I don't ask them for anything....they never go to chemo, don't go to the drs. they are just annoying.. Thanks for listening will STFU now!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} Cam, Ducky Mer, Joan, Scottie, Skittles, Granny, Sweet Pea, and others I have forgotten

Sandy

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Do you guys never sleep? 59 posts-really? Just skimmed over it to see if anybody was talking about me while I was snoozing. Am going out to find my compression t-shirt now but will be back to read thouroughly(sp?) later. You girls find something Constructive to do with your time! Thats what dh says. If he only knew..

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

Merlcat - I'm a year older than you. I'm not the baby any more.

I finally had a good night's sleep. I took a benedryl and an Ativan and slept peacefully until my bladder screamed, " Get up!" I would love to go back to bed.

Today I want to spend some time in my garden. I haven't started to plant. Right now all I have is rhubarb. I need tomatoes, basil, beans, and broccoli.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

My thoughts only---but I think when we act pretty normal, our kids are so used to what we did before they might not think that u realy having a hard time. Since we have always taken care of our own business in the past that looked easy to them  and w're still looking OK, well then how sick can u be?

I mean u hate to yell u know what I've been thru and how somedays I can;t even move??? so u never say much. My only saving grace was they would talk to my Drs. instead of me cuz i always seemed pretty positive but they knew things before I paid attention to things. I always made light of everything and different opertions and more chemo and on and on--otherwise they'd be the same way--I was mostly a single mom and took care of everything so they wouldn't know. Well that's no longer the case and they see it.

So in a way u can't blame them and if u'r younger they still think of u as the woman who can handle whatever comes up. They don't get it. That's all, so if u haven't already maybe u can have a family thing and resly talk to them and explain what is really going on with u.?????

I don't know that's how I think. I think like a squirrel--I might find and bury alot of acorns but I hav no idea where they are when I want them. So.....

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Marywhatruthinking--do u coubt the posts or is there a number somewhere I hope.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

Cam you are right!!!  As usual!!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Bondie ok I'm never right-hahaha I just talk and talk but zi don't mind if u tease me LOL

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Anyone want to see a scary photo of when I am ready for bed??? I will post it if you want a good laugh!  DH took it..

• veggy
    edited June 2013

I could use a laugh!

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Ok here goes!!! Have a good laugh on me Veggy - LOL The monster in my Bed!!!

masked bandit

• veggy
    edited June 2013

All that just to go to sleep? And I have been complaining about having to wear a bra too bed for the past year. I shall never complain again.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited June 2013

I'm wearing 2bras to sleep lately....and have to keep my arm raised above my heart...all sleeping on my back which I never do.

I'm not complaining either...after that pic.ill STFU.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Granny I have to sleep on my back with my arms raised too and I'm a side sleeper - Needless to say - What is sleep??? LOL

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

GmaFoley

You are a beauty no matter WHAT you have to wear to bed!  You are also quite courageous!  Peace, prayers, love and blessing to you and yours today and into the future.

Flowers

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Done complaining.........I swear....well at least for today........

Blondie....MRI to see if my fractured vertebrae has healed..if not I will schedule surgery which is called Kyphoplasty.......on L2...,,,.already did it on L3 in 2010......

MRI went well......result today or tomorrow.......they asked how they got my paperwork before my appt.......told them the story.....they were still laughing when I left....

Grandson and Dad ok, he is headed home in about 1 hour........he is a pleasure, and my son is the best father ever...will tell you the story later....hugs

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2013

LOL!! Jan, I think it all started in California with the happy meds.  Well, I might talk the talk but don't walk the walk.  I am as straight as a weed or should I say a blade of grass.  Never even smoked reg cigs.  Now, I might still sneak a glass of wine still.  Hey, if i am come to Cali, I am going to look you up.  Had a boyfriend up there once and use to fly to LA several times a year--but that was at least 5 years ago--and who knows where he is at now.  OOPs got off the subject.  So nice to have you as a buddy, Jan!

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Just got back from PT and LE massage.  Ahhhhhhh!  Good news is that only I am feeling swelling.  No pitting or the other stuff that they look for.  Yippee!  I will keep on wearing the compression T and tank until I get back to N Platte to see the measuring person and the bra person.  Good lord, how many does it take!!??  Oh, and best of all, my frozen shoulder is almost unfroze!  I am reaching things on the top shelves in my kitchen.  Of course, being 5'10" makes that easier for me.  Tongue Out

Another beautiful day here.  I went to our lovely local bakery and had lunch with sis and BIL and the group they lunch with daily.  Had a delicious Sunny Meadow sandwich.  Chicken salad with lettuce and tomato on toasted raisin bread.  YUM!

GmaFoley -  You're beautiful!  Let us know if you need a break from all of that stuff. How do you ever sleep? We will  help you out.  I will take the right arm stuff for a week.  Anyone want to pick up the mask, other arm or torso?  C'mon, we can do it! 

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited June 2013

Gma: wow, we have a matching outfit! You copied my designer duds. I'm going to get out my bedazzler and perk mine up! Beatmon

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Bedazzler, paint pens, glitter and even photo transfers!

• marywh
    edited June 2013

No I do not count posts. Its on my computer how many Ive missed since I logged out  and last.ha. Well today was a true stfu day for me. I was driving along minding my own business and this guy comes up behind me right on my butt. Starts honking the horn. Im thinking wth? Get to the stop light and he pulls up beside me and flicks his fingers at me like Im supposed to speed up for him. I roll my window down and say whats your problem? He just looks at me and flicks his fingers again. So I say oh kiss my a--. Now I do not drive slow, but I do drive the speed limit.He really pissed me off. I really wanted to tell him to stfu, but I didnt.....

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

You guys are killing me here. just came home from school but need to pop round the corner

to see my GP for a repeat of my anti-anxiety meds....might need to get double as I can't keep up with you lot of hooligans....anxiety is setting in already.....😎

PS I'll be 66 this month but act and look like a teenager...😷

As the Princess says, I'll be back!!!

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2013

I thought I'd show up early and have a leisurely read before i leave my office....HA!
    This thread is on hyper steroids and isn't going to stop any time soon...
    Can't wait to get home and choose a project for the night when I would hve worked 4.5 hours.  One project I thought of is to do nothing.  Another is to sleep.
    More realistically, I could clean the basement; the garage; the attic; the spare room...or weed the new lawn or organize photos; or actually read a book all the way through;  or learn to cook; or watch the tube and become a movie critic...or read all the pages here I missed.  So many choices, so few days that I would have worked that I now have to find something to do (14, actually)
    BBS

• marywh
    edited June 2013

Gma like the others I dont think Ill be complaining much when I go to bed. Dont you just burn up?