STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2013

Hey Jan, we got something in common.  I am an English teacher--not retired yet but I can see it in the horizon.  I have also lived in Europe about 7 years and  I am old, and somewhat frumpy, too!   Never like "Happy Days" either.  How about that   buddy???  Smile

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

Miss Gma and Miss Beats....OMG I get cranky when my nightgown gets tangled around my legs...bless you both for dealing with your extra "gear" at night!

Shaved my head today at beauty shop..left some hair on top with spikes! One of my good friends showed up and shaved her head with me...cried thru the whole thing...my mom and daughter cheered us on and cried too....

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Oh Chick, Im sorry-Thats always so hard to do.Ive done it 3 times and it never gets easier.

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2013

veggy, I have been wearing a bra to bed since March and oh my gosh I don't know what I am going to do if I have to go a year--well to compensate I sleep in a nightshirt with no undies--is that TMI. I got to get some air- somewhere.

Gmafoley--wow!! what an outift!! Looks like you are going scuba diving instead of the bed.  Well, if I can give you a night off--I would, beautiful lady!

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2013

Dwili - OMG  How did that ever happen! Oh the coincidences!  I have to confess, I'm kinda not a "real" English teacher.  Well, maybe I was.  I started out teaching Adult ESL, then high school ESL, retired, then independent study everything.  Now 2nd retirement.  Lots of English during those years, but my degree is Human Development, emphasis Infant Toddler!  Credential is or was Adult Basic Education.  It's an odd bunch of experience, but a good career.  Spent a lot of years drilling irregular verbs into teens.  Poor kids.

Scottiee - You teach foreign born students, too, I think.  Right?

gma - You are my hero.  That's one sexy outfit.  I look about like that without the machinery.

Tomorrow I have to take a behind-the-wheel driving test.  California doesn't trust that I can drive safely with only one eye.  Have to repeat this chore every year. 

I canned 6 pints of apricot jam this morning.  I need to get off my soft chair and make another batch.

Later

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

dwilli - TMI! You guys are cracking me up. I'm trying to picture things in my head. I really need to start making dinner. Apricot jam. Sounds yummy.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

love that outfit, you are beautiful and who cares what people think..

Chickie how cool is that that someone did it with you....

Ok DS1 came over and DS3 was here to take the battery out of my car and didn't have the right tools and then it started raining, at least he attempted it...he wanted to get someone to come over and tow it, but don't have money for that so they kept working....it is behind the drivers side wheel well....not under the hood, I mean WTH....

HUGS to all of you!!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Oh my seet little hooligans.... I just cry sometimes when I read what you are going through....  

Yes, who cares what people think... I think you could float, whenst you fell into a pool somewhere!

Veggy, you can't just make a meal out of Apricot jam.... can you?  I mean, maybe with ice-cream?  With chocolate on top....???  Okay... you can.

Blondie!  That is not a car, it is a lawn mower with the battery under the wheel well?  I don't think you can DO that! 

Janarama.... Take your dog for the driving test....  Strap him in your lap.... Maybe they will accept that?  Man I had a hard enough time trying to figure out nouns, adverbs, and hanging participles....  PLEASE don't give us a test! 

Dwillienilli!  You sleep with no bloomers?  What a tart!  I sleep ONLY in panties... Isn't it funny what we are comfortable with?  I am going to TELL Sir Charles!  He will probably be giving you a call..... prepare for it.

Little Joan!  Yes.... organizing is just using too much brain power.  You know I have cook books that I made from MY recipe's .... My Mom's recipe's and even some of my Grandma's....  I am just thinking of getting rid of everything.... I mean we can look up ANYthing on the computer, right?  And I haven't even looked at those 7 binders for maybe 5 years!   So maybe it is time to take them to the trift store to donate?  I mean who else would want recipes I kept from "cooking" in High School? 

Okay Marywiththesnailspace...... I told you.... It is not condusive to your own safety to go 20 mph in a 65mph zone!  Speed it up girl!  That was the finger he was giving you!   You should have shot him!  The nerve of some people!  Flipping you the bird! 

And so yes Ducky.... Growing up was pretty painful sometimes.  But you don't know any difference.  I know things happened, because we have pictures!  But I canNOT remembe important things... like when I was the Maid of Honor at my Best Friends wedding.  She had pictures!  And sure enough, me and my Brother were both IN it!  WTH?   I TRY, but I just can't pull up things from when I was younger.... EXCEPT that memory of that  perv when I was about 7!  I re-called that about 20 years ago, after Marilyn VanDerbur talked about her Dad....   It just hit me like a ton of bricks.  I just sobbed ... because it was all there!!!  I had shut it all out... thank God... and when I could handle it, it came back. 

I am amazing.... that's all... didn't this happen to any of you guys?  Didn't you ever block out something?  

Oh well, never mind.... you gals just must be normal.... and I love you.... xoxoxoxo

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

Jan....yes, I teach ESL to adults and love it. I used to be a registered dietitian but

Switched back in 1989.....have never looked back even though I make less than half

of what I would make as a dietitian.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

I just wrote a 1/2 page post and lost the damn thing===chit--I can't do it again if I fine it I'll send it But GMA no one laughed that's serious stuff.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

ok Cam you're making fun of me counting posts? you cant keep up with your own!Tongue Outand Chevy, Ill have you know I was driving the speed limit, not 20 miles an hour.I was going the SPEED LIMIT!!!35. It was just not my day today...

• Scottiee1
    edited June 2013

GMa ......you're my hero also and I'm not laughing...OMG can't imagine going to bed with that lot on.....I sleep with just a sheet on because I get so hot.....NOT that hot hooligans before you all chime in....lll

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Scottie - it is very hard but I have found out the hard way if I just wear the vest - my arms start to swell - so it is all or nothing - When I first go to bed, I have the fan on so that helps. But I have only been able to wear it part of the night and then it goes on the floor next to me. Well I fixed chicken tonight and put a bit of salt on it... oops body isn't too happy with me right now...

• Scottiee1
    edited June 2013

GMa .....how long do you have to wear that contraption?....feel so bad for you. My favourite thing is to get into my bed and read, watch TV or talk to you guys...I don't know how I could do that having to wear all of that....hang in there....❤

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2013

Good evening holligans... Busy day chasing after Austin. I worked on Sunday boy you all were busy. I spent a lot of the day trying to catch up ;)

I think the chemo has made me pretty weak. I feel like I am dragging today. Only working light duty at work until surgery. My director retired and I have a new Director, Manager, and Assistant Manager said they couldn't justify my accommodations. I was proactive and reached out to others that cared. So another Director helped me in the same breathe of me asking. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to come back to work in between chemo and surgery. I'm sure they would have just fired me. Since all they can say is when are you coming back to PCU. They don't even ask how I'm doing or wish me luck for surgery or anything. Pretty heartless if you ask me! My old director would have never treated me this way. She knew how to balance the bottom line but also have heart when it came to employees. All I am is an FTE it really sucks not being supported. I am in tears. It sucks to beg for help. You would think people in health care would understand.

Merrcat I think I'm the baby of the group...

GMA how in the heck do u sleep? Chemo put me in menopause I have hot flashes all through the night and sleep with ice packs. I'm sorry... You are amazing... You do what you gotta do, right ;)

Sass loved your posts ;) you have an amazing wealth of knowledge. I love being a sponge their is so much to learn. ACLS every two years I love heart rhythms that's all I look at... I teach patients the heart like plumbing system then I talk about the electrical system. How cool teaching the vascular system in that way helps us all to understand. I love teach patient about BP compared to a garden hose. Now I know where I got it from... Being a well rounded nurse does help patients. I can't wait to see where life takes me. Maybe I will switch to oncology... It's hard I love cardiac so much. My mom is a CCRN and has worked all over. Hopefully I can be half the nurse she is.

Hope everyone has a good night

Xoxo

Sweet Pea

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited June 2013

Oh, chicks, so sorry about your beauty shop shaving.you have a very sweet friend.My dh has a cpap also so we are the darth vader twins. I don't have any trouble sleeping in the vest and actually wear a compression top over it, but sometimes magically the blue arm is on the floor when i awaken in the am. Very sexy ........BE

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

Stacey something is wrong with them people, if you want we can all go get um!!

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

When my hubby got home from work he said "You look beautiful...just like a moviestar"....needless to say the waterworks started, made me feel better about my shaved head......I love that man! ♥

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Aww chickie, that's so sweet! Do you have chemo again this week?

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Round 2 of chemo is next Tues, June 11th....ugh...what about you Miss Pie Dough?

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2013

Chickie, I am so sorry you had to go through that today. Love it that you have punker spikes now :)

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Mine is tomorrow. I will find out if I can restart the Xeloda also. I will see my MO's partner tomorrow because Mo is visiting her home and family in the Phillipines. We will see how it goes.

Blondie - you have another round on Thursday? My brother, who lived with me for the last few years had a car like that! The stupid battery was in the drivers side wheel well. Who thought that THAT up??

BE - Darth Vader twins! Too funny-

Sweat Pee, so sorry you have to put up with that.

I know cammi wrote some stuff that made me laugh. I wish I could remember what she said.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2013

ChickaD I know today was rough!! So sweet of your DH, I bet you look amazing. I'm proud of you ;) we are on the same chemo I remember my hair started to fall about 15 days after my first round. Well after my 6th treatment it has started to grow back. Sending you hugs xoxo

Sweet pea ;)

I have targeted chemo on the 10th I will be thinking about you!

• Scottiee1
    edited June 2013

All you hooligans having chemo, I just want to send a big hug. (((((()))))))

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Scottiee, thank you, hugs are good! I just took a lorazepam and am eating finger snaps with hot tea.

To not think about stuff, I started reading Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. Favorite factoid that I had forgotten from gothic novels: the term "rake" for a dissolute man is the short form of "rakehell". What a great word!

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Lol, damn you auto correct! ginger snaps NOT finger snaps!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

I'm late, I know OMG Shades of duckyism--I thought it was Sunday nite--no it. Mon. nite, Where did Mon go.?

Be u wear one too, OMG u'r another one I'm so sorry--u guys never complain about it and my finger (index is still hurting) this is all crap. BTW I fell asleep earlie now I'm awake GRRRR and everyone is sleeping

Stacey I can't believe they said that to u, like gee cancer really didn't figure in u'r schedule of life--why did u get it. Morons--I'm glad there are reasonabke people there for u. ASSSes.

Oh chicky u'r husband is so sweet and then u cried awww sweety u can not spare any moistire at this time u will be drying up to soon. So just relax when u feel like cryingSealed

BTW Stacy how old are u?

Phylodirtycop did u notice that almost everyone on here is either a teacher or a nurse? U'r an ex-con and I worked for the government--almost the same thing

Ducky, princess, Chevy, veggie--Marywhateverudidmake toys were u guys too.?

I appreciate all u gals going thru chemo now, u'll be so happy when u say last one and ut's will be before u know it--I don't think u feel that way now--but it's true.And in the mean time we will try to keep u sane--well some of us, well acouple of us, well off hand no one comes to mind but someoe will.

Well most of u are sleeping so I can sing one of my favorite songs now---oh wait it's just words to u u can't hear my crystal breaking voice, oh well bad idea.

OK nite ladies I know u all need u'r rest--I see my new Dr. w/ed--oh I told everyone Tues my brother called and said he checked on her and she' got a great rep. in her field--yea right my brother thinks I belong in the field now. I hate Drs. but Friday nite I'm going out to dinner with my Brothers and one wife and one GF and my sister and my BIL--So I get to spend some time with them==we used to go aroubd 7PM now we go at 5"30.PM We're going Chinese Food, I like that.

OK I will continue with my rounds then try to go back to sleep 

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited June 2013

Having trouble with my computer so will just wish everyone peaceful dreams. For those having chemo this week, I'm saying extra prayers.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited June 2013

Phil, I wondered what finger snaps were, but then I decided it was ginger. Spell check once insisted that I change co-workers to cowpokes. Being visual I had an immediate image of all my office in ranch duds. Every time I thought about it I would laugh inside.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

I'm here. I was watching Perry Mason with my son. He's so sweet. Too sweet. He makes me cry when he hugs me good night.

Who is eating fingers? Everyone! Hey! someoe here is eating fingers. Check all your fingers and make sure that they are all there. Whatever you do, DON'T give her the finger she might snap it off and eat it. Okay? I'll stick to eating ginger snaps.

My doctor gave me some ointment to put under my nails and up my nose. How silly. That stupid tube won't fit in my nose. And if it did, how would I breathe?

Still trying to dry my eyes. I'm hungry but its time to go to bed. My brin kicks on this time of night. Everyone is in bed and I'm up and alone. I'm going to try to get some z's.