STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Hi Ladies

GMA I'm glad u'r seeing someone about this--I don't know why u'd have such pain too, it shouldn't be, I know a lumpectomy is much more pssinful than a BMX but this seems long.

Blondie u sound like u know what's going on the best and u'r boys are in counselling and meds, what else can u do? And u'r right I think if they are not mentally healthy and see everyday what u go thru it more difficult for them to digest--and zi'm certainly sorry for all u go thru.

The gals on chemo, I hope no one new reads this but no one wants to tell someone when they are going to get chemo it's horrendous for most--the actusl getting of it is nothing--but after is disgusting and I don't remember hich one was the worst for me cuz my cocktails changed over the years too, I just remember thinking I can't believe fluid can do such horror to my body--to for everyone--again --but most yes I'm sorry u had to find out the hard way cuz we always hope it's not as bad for u gals. All I can say is do whatever the Drs. say and try to just hang on---really and truly rads are fine. no foolin' on that.  I really feel so bad for u guys. That's why some women have said I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy--and I'm sure Phylofist has a few.--ahem

(((HUGS)))

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited June 2013

I did not have chemo But one of the sistas had it.then we did rads together.she told me that the rads were worst then the chemo.i don't know which drug she took...

Me I guess I was one of the lucky ones or I just don't remember but being large breasted I was told expect to burn under the breast.well I did not..I listened to everything the dr.told me..yeah and I asked a lot of questions but the bottom line toward the end I was tired.and my GDs baby shower that I was making was 3weeks after tx.i was 69 then.

I did it..

Hang tough sistas...

I have drs.everyday till fri.

Just remember everyone reacts differently.

Good luck all of you....we all need it.

god help us

Princess K

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Like Granny....went through Rads unscathed, but wow fatigue set in after I was done.....I do believe it leaves you with crap you can't explain, more so if you are older.....never needed chemo...oncotype was 8, also older..........the thought of Chemo scared the shit out of me, even more then the BC, Rads, or surgery.......

Raining

Like hell all day, now we have. tornado watch.....WTF.....I live in a large ranch home with nothing but door and windows.....no basement, and even the bathroom has 2 big windows....plus you have to see all the trees, oh well......if I didn't have so much shit I might fit in the closet.......nah that is not happening...

Oh Toto, I don't think we,re in Kansas anymore.........

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

It rained here last nite but so far nothing really bad. This weather scares me--I'm such a wimp.

OK rads made me tired--very but my skin altho still discolored took it ok, but I had no breast--so there was just a straight line so no extra curves to burn more--u know what I mean. But it wasn't at all like chemo--nothing like it to me--I had so many different kinds and I couldn't tell u one --well one hahaha red devil is all I know hahahahaha I know they would tell me when they were changing it but u think I paid any attention??? I was to busy gambling with my liars blood report to pay any attention cuz I was sick no matter what they gve me--But I always loved benedryl, I was so addicted to that I always got it LOL

That's why comparing the 2, Rads to me was an inconvenient thing and fatigue. When u get chemo every 3 weeks (I think) u get a larger dose at that time, cuz everyone gets the same amount just different timing alto I got it every week doesn't mean I got the largest doses it probably was due to my age so I=U'd ger the same amount but at different times--I would think getting it every 3 weeks would be harder, but I don't know for a fact so I cssn't imagine how sick u can feel getting it in a larger dose at one time--U know I'm just guessing all this LOL it just makes sense to me cuz I never asked of course. So I put my chins up and went on. LOL

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

Oh Miss Sassafras.... your story makes me sad, but I am more concerned for YOU.... I hope this brings you some kind a peace and the choice is for the better.  Just remember.....“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”  Eleanor Roosevelt.

I am with YOU no matter what your choices xoxoxoxoxox

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

OK Hoolies.... chemo tomorrow... I will try and post from the chair and entertain you all  LOL

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

ChickaD - I will hope things go well for you tomorrow - My Sis has hers on the 12th. Ok work done and off to finish my sister's scarf and then to put something together for my ChickaD!!!

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

YAY and thank you my friend xoxoxox

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

OK Chickie we're with u, just don't smash a phone in u'r pocket.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

Took my son to his appointment to get his meds. Afterwards we went for Chinese food. It was my first time in 8 months. Ont he ay home there was a huge turtle on the road. I parked my car next to it and grabbed my camera. I got a couple of good pictures. Another car was coming so I got back in my car. Now if I can only find the wires so I can download the pictures. Its a lousy rainy day here. Good for sleeping.

Sending hugs to all that need them.

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

YAY for turtles !!!!!!!

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited June 2013

Ducky: be careful of those tornadoes. They are a bitch! Throw some stuff out of a closet now so you'll be ready if needed. beatmon

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

We are having bad weather here today too. torrential rain, wind and tornado watches all over. I hate weather like this ever since hurricane Hugo came through in 89, I am terrified of bad storms.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Sorry there is bad weather so many places today. It's clear and 101° here today.

Thanks for putting up with my rant this morning. Pain was much much better today. I have only needed Tylenol so far. Yippee! Labs tomorrow to see where my counts are.

I got rid of cable last month and Today I signed up for HuluPlus. It works! I have Netflix for movies and HuluPlus for TV shows. Brilliant!

I hope today has been good or better to us all.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Hi gals.... Flowers, the recipe box is on it's way.....  I think it must weigh about 30 pounds.... Hope you can carry it!  AND the gal at the post office said it would be there in anywhere from a week to a month!  IS SHE KIDDING????  Probably not.   So look for the mailman to have a two-wheeler or a hernia.... whichever.  Wink

I have heard so many horrible things about chemo.... I didn't have it.... I think it was because I was.... shall we say older???  But I probably should have, because my onco score was 19.... "low-intermediate".... I'm so sorry for what you are going through...   I'm just glad you still come to this thread, and we can talk about everything, and hopefully we can make you feel better.... 

No weather here.... just HOT.... I mean like 98 out back now, and so dry you can't even spit!  It evaporates!    I'm staying in near the swamp-cooler.  DH going to this Dentist tomorrow, to see what the "plan" is.  If he doesn't pull them all out..... I will.   Actually a bunch have to be surgically cut out....   He is on Penicillin.... and has no pain.... but he surely WILL soon!  Love you guys! xoxoxo

• FireKracker
    edited June 2013

It's raining all day in NJ.ugly day.

Got drs appts all week and into next tues.

Grrrrr.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

What's with all this goofy weather, I don't like it one bit, not one bit.

Chevy I'm glad u DH is seeing a dentist. I know how scary they are--I always hated going, now not so much but I don't have that kid of money and my days of trading services are over so I'm in trouble--See Phylohooker knows her way around all this so she can still really look good---(One of the reasons ankle bracelet) just one. ssshhhh

Well Ladies I got my chalk to color my hir and everyone (my DD, too) loves it  she put some pink in her hair the little tart. And I let Joey do what he wanted so right now I hve a few different cokors, but I like the blue, it's deep and of course purple--We're having Joey's party this Sat. so out comes the chalk for me. It's really kind of cute.

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Miss Chevy30poundmailer..... my ONCO score was in the high 30's -- not good !  Guess that's why I get ALL the treatments... or it could be that I am really really special...LOL

Miss Pie Lady .... does Hula Plus cost money???  I am missing so many shows I love....

Miss PPKbadweathergirl.....I usually wake up and say..weather... treat me right... I have CANCER !!!!!  LOl  apparently the weather really does care about my personal problems.

OK Hoolies -- going to be VERY early since last chemo treatment kept me up for 3-4 days straight POOPING.... I want to get a good nights sleep

BIG PS..... today me and DD went puppy shopping... ok don't ever take me puppy, kitty, etc shopping... I ALWAYS bring someone home..... we were looking for a little dog to go with our 2 big dogs since the dogs love love love my nieces little 4 pound puppy... meet Cooper... he is 2 days old and he comes home in about 6-7 weeks to live with us....he is a Morkie (Maltese and Yorkie).

Love to all  xoxoxox

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

Chick....he is so sweet, what is he?

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

He is a Morkie  (maltese and yorkie mix)

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Little Chickie!  What a little doll!    Okay.... high 30's eh?  I'm sorry.... I think they are throwing the book at you!  I understand, and would have done the same thing. 

And I see one blue toenail!  Is that yours?  You little harlot!  Ha, ha!

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

He is adorable.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

Yay for turtles

Chickie good luck tomorrow...I wish I could post but when I get benedryl I get all stupid so I can't talk on the phone, text or post.....will be in your pocket...

Chevy good luck to DH at the dentist

Yay Cammie for purple, mine has faded people keep saying it is pink, I correct them welll it is purple...

OMG how adorable is that dog....

• FireKracker
    edited June 2013

Camille---you did the chalk...details please...i had my haircut sooo short im gonna have to wait about 2 weeks before i start playin with it....

im just dyin to do it....i looked on line and it said if you dont do it right your hair will look like straw....i just cut off straw...i dont want that..and where did you buy it.I hate to get it online cause im a visual person.

once again details please.

thanks

ppk

• duckyb1
    edited June 2013

Ridiculous here ...still raining, but they have shut up about the tornado's....I know a tornado is serious, but please after Ok.......they would probably walk outside in what Philly calls a tornado

The U.S. Open is here this weekend at Merion Golf Course in Haverford, Pa......just a few miles from where I live......talk about disruption.....wow.......but right now the course looks more like they are having a " swimming meet", instead of a Golf Tournament.... You could go wading in the sand traps.......what a mess.

Appt on Wednesday with a Pulmonary Spec......this is all getting to be a pain in the ass.....friggin co- pays will send you broke........After my MRI I was told to call the Dr for follow-up......remember this MRI was a repeat to see if the vertebrae had already healed......if it did not we can talk........if it healed they can't just say.....sorry, can't do anything ...by phone...which he already stated at the first visit, because I said "no needles in my back". To which he said "ok"..but.of course not......so I asked the " gatekeeper". ....well will I still be charged a co- pay to be told "sorry it healed"..........which will take about 2 minute ..she said " yes".......what a racket...that makes it about $20.00 a minute since my co-pay is $40.00 which is making him get $1,200 an hour, if I am right..........and that is not counting what Aetna is going to give him.....he should wear a mask and a gun for this visit........oh well...

Still raining...

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

OMG Miss Chevy -- you need to be a Private I...lol  YES, those are my harlet blue toenails -- LOL Tongue Out

• FireKracker
    edited June 2013

Ducky--a repeat????plan on payin them...

thieves without a gun...ins.cos are like the maffia...they will come after u.

• duckyb1
    edited June 2013

Gran....paid for the repeat MRI....was ok with that.....my bitch is if the MRI shows healing, he can not do shit for my vertebrae, but I will pay a $40.00 co-pay for him to take 1 minute to tell me .."it healed", either tell me on the phone asshole, or waive the $40.00 co-pay for your 1 minute visit......

So he gets my 40, plus what Aetna will pay him for the 1 minute visit.....and they will give him about $160.00. It's just the principal......Everyone needs to make a living, but this could be on by phone if there is nothing he can do, and if it healed....HE CAN'T DO SHIT....

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2013

Chickie, Cooper is the cutest thing ever! Best of luck with post-chemo poopage.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited June 2013

Ducky, maybe u could just go get the report and if it said well healed fracture u could cancel the appt. but then if u needed him for anything else.....well? Be