STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Hi you ruffians!  Went to Dentist today with DH....  He has to have what's left of his upper teeth removed... Only 4 of them... but the teeth are broken off, is why they HURT last Friday, but the Dentist, who DH really likes will take THEM out, along with 3 on the bottom, and leave 3!  They will anchor a "bridge"???? made of metal???? with more teeth to keep in, and not remove!  Did I get this right?

And then after gums are healed, will put in a denture made at this "prosthesis" place, and slap that in, AND the plate on the bottom.  Does any of this make sense??? 

We are going back next Wednesday morning...still take Penicillin, only drop back to 3 a day...  And the deed will be done.  SOME teeth will have to be dug out...  But this Italian Dentist, and DH seem to connect with each other!  So happy that I don't have to drag him kicking and screaming!  He WANTED to pospone all this, but I said "NO"  We will make the appointment, for next week, and not have to worry about it!  Damnit!  Sure as hell, he would have high-tailed it back to his old ways, and waited until something hurt again! 

I can be like a regular wife sometimes.... instead of a meek little mouse that always says "okay honey, whatever you want."..... 

I read where SOME of you hooligans are raising hell in the chemo room, talking about moving.... and what else???  I'll get back to you my friends in the morning....   I'm just glad today is over with, and tomorrow will be not so stressful..... In fact I wish that for all of you!  xoxoxoxoo

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

So many fires going on here!  Close to Colorado Springs/Monument area...(again) and Rky. Mtn. National Park, and  another area around Pueblo!  Temps over 100 in some areas, and terrible high winds...  I just feel so bad for the ones that have lost everything....  !  No relief in sight... 

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

Ducky hang in there...and you are right, have to go to Havertown for a meeting tomorrow morning before chemo...they said make sure you leave yourself enough time...

phyllie, tired, but will b ok...how r u?

Good luck Shell....hugs!!! Thanks Shell....hoping all goes well.....

Thanks Stacey, mine is Wednesday (tomorrow)

dunes, sorry....welcome!!!

Ducky....tart....hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm

NEXT

• blondiex46
    edited June 2013

mary whine all you want....unfortunately for me I never get comfortable....my chemo does not give me the runs, Xeloda did not taxotere....hang in there...

Chickie love the pix and the cushiony chair, along with the turtle....you are so brave....

phyllie love the mask...sorry about stopping it will get better....

NEXT

• blondiex46
    edited June 2013

Chevy good for you, you H needed apparently to be told what to do.....

Ok off for the night, will try to come back after chemo....getting zometa (once a month) along with the rest of the crap tomorrow so will be there longer....

all of you hooligans try to stay out of trouble...me going to get some ice cream....really need a DQ...damn the car thing is becoming a PIA....

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS TO ALL OF YOU}}}}}}}}}}}

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

Ok, called out the guards and they found the Princess rocking NJ with her new hair style

and purple stripes....ha ha ha

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Well ladies had a heart to heart talk with my pain doc. Told him about a few breast pain stories I have heard on the boards. He agrees with my ideas because I can pinpoint the pain. He thinks it might be a neuroma and said to talk to the surgeon. If he doesn't want to fix it, the pain doc said he would. He is also weening me off the neurontin and putting me on the spendy Lyrica. At this point doc has samples for me. Got to get to bed. See you at 4 am when I start work . How do you use that all night chat?

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited June 2013

Thank you so much for your support. The shenanigans last weekend took my husband, son, and I by a huge surprise. We are all still in shock and trying to pick up the pieces.

DH uses alcohol with prescribed pain medication to try and control intractable pain. It makes him stupid, unreliable, prone to falls and injuries and belligerent if I get angry at him. It's a miserable up and down life. Months of good, weeks of bad, like a see saw. He bought a bottle of vodka and got more shit faced than I've ever seen him. My son got pissed at him and tossed him on the bed after he fell twice. When DH went for another drink I rushed him, DS restrained him, and DH started punching. I got it in the forehead / eye brow and the bruise is slowly making it's way around my eye socket. We're all in shock, just terrible, terrible. I feel so bad for our family.

He said that while he was  away he finally realized that he can't drink at all. Yada yada yada. He doesn't want to go into a residential program, but he does want to keep his wife and family.  We only talked for awhile then I went to bed - too exhausted to make sense. 

Once a marriage gets into the alcoholic - enabler pattern it is very challenging to break it. I will never have a peaceful life until I make this happen. We left it that he would contact the vet center for treatment options, and that he will move out if he drinks again. I've got to figure out my options, am going to see a "Victim Advocate" tomorrow to learn about the legal ramifications - what cards I hold. Best i can do is take it day by day, seek professional help, develop a plan, and stick to it. Funny, I don't feel like a victim, but in a way i guess I am. Have not been hit since the 6th grade when some stupid kid punched me in the stomach. Drunkeness sucks. I f###ing hate it.

I'm sitting here in Starbucks getting ready to review the treatment of common pediatric problems. Learning basic peds is actually much more doable that I imagined it would be - the knowledge and skills are coming along. I'm meeting personal milestones for skill development. The staff said Peehole likes me (even though he's a borderline curmudgeon). He's definately warming up, and we have good discussions. I'm cool - don't let him ruffle me AT ALL - even when he's cranky - and he knows it. I think he respects it when he knows he can't intimidate me. I'll be done in a month, around the middle of July.

You guys in states with lotteries - please win a huge jackpot and treat us all to a Mississippi River cruise - kay? After everyone's chemo and rads is done, or in between treatments, kay?

Meanwhile - you kiddos are just what I need. I love you all to bits, every last wise, hysterical, silly, brilliant, wacky, saintly, intelligent, compassionate, irreverent, goofy, off the wall, passionate post. Keep up the good work.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited June 2013

Shells: you are a strong woman. July will be here before u know it. Short term goals to get to the long term prize u deserve. You go girl. BE

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Shell....hang in there girlfriend you sound like your in control.....one day at a time...

• duckyb1
    edited June 2013

Ok ladies gonna turn in....have much to mull over...Goodnight...see you for coffee in the morning.....Dr appt.....damn I hate this shit......

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Oh Beatmom another name--u'r right Ducky

Shell u really sound pretty good after all that commotion and hardship--Maybe it wil be fne after he get his help. (((PRAYERS)))

Oh Tonto who is that masked woman? I know why u have it Phylowanted--u'r picture is all over the place for 10 most wanted. Huh u didn't fool me----Hope u'll feel better this time. BTW u head looks a good

Chickie and Mary u gals too.

OoooI hope Princess can put a picture up for her hair

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited June 2013

Shell, Good to hear from you.  Sounds like you have a good plan.  I keep buying those lottery tickets.  Had a dream I won big and we were set up for a great vacay!!

Today was dentist day for me-a filling and a crown.  

Sending wishes to you all for a good day tomorrow.

J

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited June 2013

It's 9:30pm here and just getting dark. No wonder we buy so many blackout curtains. Really hard to get kids to bed when it's light enough to play.

Sending hugs and good thoughts to all who will be tortured tomorrow, or were today, or might be someday. Dr. Susan Love, the breast surgeon and author, had chemo for lymphoma. She pointed out that it was primitive and brutal and we need a cure. At least one doc gets it.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Julia---oooo dentist it's all done now tho.  GOOD

Wren I hate that she has had it, but true a Dr. who says this now knows. I'm sure other Drs. have said it. Did anyone ever see the movie The Doctor--like early 1990's and with William Hurt as the Dr. based on a true story--I saw it way before I had cancer but of course it's been on TV evry so often, but I'll never forget it--it was so moving and true and it's funny cuz even back then I really don't like those type of stories--DRAMA--Scary, Thriller, Action are my style--but this was good. OK  

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2013

It's 1 AM here and am giving myself a pedicure with my foot bubbler. I just realized I cannot squeeze a nail clipper due to pain in thumbs and hands from Femara. 
    Going to GD's pre-school graduation in NJ Wednesday and need to wear something besides black.  I got a bright salmon top and also a white silky top with a little beading.  No short sleeves - still have fading poison oak evidence and rough skin.  No sun...am pale.  I was just there Sunday for ballet recital and felt quite frumpy next to the young moms in their designer everything.  
    I hope the chemo SEs are becoming more bearable.  Chickadee, love your photos. 
    Chevy, I heard about the record breaking temps in CO but not about the fires. 
    Shell, it's good that you are seeking professional help after all you've been through this week. 
    Good night for now...

• duckyb1
    edited June 2013

Hey Morning Glory's....up having coffee....Dr appt at 9am....really don't feel like going....

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

My "Forest through the trees" - Hope this brings everyone a view of piece and quiet this morning. - Off to work..

My forest

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Good Morning whoever is around--Ducky u stil home? Oh Ducky Dr? I never feel like going--It's funny cuz for over 2 yrs. it never bothered me going everyweek some times 2x a week, then everyday Now I don't even want to talk on the phone to an office. I've turned on them Ducky and I'm not proud of it. I hope u'r goes well today.

Joan that's so sweet about u'r GD today. Wear salmon blouse with coral earrings--lokks cooling. LOL I like that combo--or white acces. Are u wearing sandals? Are u wearing a skirt or ankle pants or whatever? I'm getting rusty on my picks, I know. Gotta keep up with something.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

Morning Hoolies.... slept well after the chemo yesterday, but up to return to hospital for 3 days for the new Neupogen shot instead of the Neulasta DEVIL SHOT....hopefully that will be easier on my system.

Talk to you all later xoxoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Morning gals... Shellserooni!  I know what you are feeling... but look inside of yourself... because you will find a "peace" because you are in control now!  So we quit being the enabler when that happens..... If he drinks again, you will know exactly what to do.  You will get to the point where you will just plain not care what he thinks, and can look at it from the "outside."

During this "in-between" time, just take it peacefully, but knowing that you are not stuck there, with him pulling you down along with him.....  You are in charge now.

Yes, I've heard that too... It was that damn pill I took before I drank that shit-load of beer.  ...  And that's what made me do that.  What he really meant to say was..."I am weak, I cannot control my drinking, or anything else I do, and I don't care about anyone but myself, and I will do exactly what I want to."

Yes Alanon... My Mom went there.... And I went to one meeting....  That didn't help as much as the classes I went to... or the wall I put up between me and him, while I was away.

While I was "in it" I couldn't do a thing...  I didn't know how to make that break.....  But once it happens, then that is the beginning!   You and your Son will do just fine!  Stay happy, keep studying, and doing what YOU want to do.  But remember it is YOU that needs to stay well, and focused.

Blondie, Wren, Grammie, Duckster, Joan & Princess, Beatmon & Cammie... AND SweetPea, AND Flowers...and Scottieeeeeee....... and I just love reading everything you talk about!  This thread is the greatest little meetin' place in the world!

Where is Sass?  Could it be??  I mean did she REALLY?  And Veggy?  Doin okay?  xoxoxoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Hi Chevssz==We haven't heard from Sas hopefully today--like I said Sas recharges herself sometimes and stays off the boards, that better be it--and veggy just has been poopin in and our like a rabbit i a bunny hole.

Chickie oooohhh I hope this is much better for u---fingers crossed. check in Miss beauty Queen.

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2013

I haven't read all the way through yet, but I must say thank you for the outpouring of support. GmaFoley told me this was a kind of a light hearted place where you could just vent and then say STFU, like get over it already. So I just wanted you to know that I am not in a really bad place. Yes, I go through periods of depression andd yes, I have had some crap go wrong the past year (hahaha to say the least -- as you all have), but I had my breakdown, went into the hospital, decided I didn't like that, and so I got my act together, sort of. LOL. My post was just a vent, but really, thank you. You all have been through or are going through so much more than I have. It is very kind of you to send out your love and support to me.

And Flowers . . . I broke a finger (for which they had to bandage me up to my elbow and so I couldn't do squat, only having one hand to do squat with), anyway I broke it shortly after the surgery. It was last Spring. Like . . . WTH?!?!?! Is it the story of Job happening in our own lives? Frankly, I'm not passing the tests quite so well as Job. God has heard and earful from me. Actually, quite more than an ear full!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Oh Dunes==we're all in some kind of WTF happened area so feel good here. And as u see we talk about everything here so share when and what u;d like to and someone will have some kind of answers---alot of life experiences here--haha not me--I'm not as oldas some of them but older than oters LOL

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

Ms. Dunesleeper - U live in Baltimore?  Wow!  Before I got sick and had to go home and live with my folks again and then moved to TX., I lived in the DC metro area for over 29 years.  Sure do miss that fast and furious living but do not miss the economy.  I sold my house in Reston, VA. for 3 x what I paid for it and my soon to be EX husband (who stated he could not take care of me when I got sick) got what he showed up with - NOTHING!  HA!  I worked for Sutton Place Gourmet (which later changed its' name to Balducci's) for 14 years.  I do not know if U remember it but we had a big store on Reisterstown Road for years and years.  I was their Director of Nutrition and Food Safety and boy do I miss that job, especially the food.  I also miss Fells Point and Little Italy in Balto. and a whole lot more.   I do not miss the economy in that area tho.  The cost of living here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is about 1/3rd. of the cost as back in DC.  Oh well, I hope you find this thread and all of the hooligans fun and informative.  We all truly love and take care of each other thru thick and thin, no matter what.  Stay safe and be well my fellow Sister Warrior.  And peace, prayers, love and blessings to ALL today and into the future.

Flowers

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Dunes - I agree completely with camilegal!  - We all are family here.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

Just back from the hospital where I got my first Neuprgen shot.... wow I hope this one does not produce those terrible bone pain side effects....taking big nap now....

Sleeping Chemo Beauty Queen

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Sweet Dreams ChickaD

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited June 2013

Chickie: hope you dream about that handsome cure dude and home grown tomatoes. What could be better? Be

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Sweet dreams Chickie--hope u have good results.