STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

Didn't have chemo but I do know the feeling of losing hair and scalp pain from taking Letrozole. For awhile couldn't tell if my pillow was white or brown. Thankfully it has settled and I'm taking Biotin everyday and an overnight oil twice a week.

Glad you're feeling better....enjoy....how many more rounds of chemo do you have?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

So it's ME that's burnt toast?

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

Miss Chevrolet......morning girlfriend....yes Miss Scottie and I have been secretly gossiping about you already.....

3 more rounds of chemo, then rads, then herceptin

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

Good Good Sunday Morning All,

It is raining cats and dogs here as usual and I just went outside and got myself a nice sheepdog!  Actually the thunder and lightning woke up my dog Rudy's giant cousin, Bill the Golden Retriever and now he is laying on top of me whimpering.  This dog is 100 pounds of pure baby!  Rudy the Pug just sleeps through everything (snores, I mean) and Mr. Bill wants to be cuddled. The two of them are hysterical together!

Shells - HUGS and Love to you and your dear family.  Think things thru before you make any BIG decisions.  I will pray and pray for you all in Church today.  Remember, U r loved quite a bunch here and elsewhere in this world.  HUGS again!

Flowers

• Scottiee1
    edited June 2013

Good morning Chevy.....we are gossiping about everyone since they are all still sleeping...lol

Chick .......you are getting there.....3 more rounds!!!!....you will find rads a piece of cake

and you will get the best sleep you've ever had.....a perk....lol

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

I dont quite understand rads yet...why you get both chemo and rads...any clue?

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Little Chick!  I think it is because they both are for different ways of treating your cancer.  Chemo is for your whole system, where-as Rads treat the surrounding area...  Is that right gals?

Morning little Shells..........  You know it is really good for you to be able to talk...even to us. 

I just wish you the best....  and I'm always here if you just want to talk, or PM me...

Love you gals....xoxoxoxo

• Scottiee1
    edited June 2013

Chick....I'm not sure, but I noticed your tumour was a grade 3 which is quite aggressive

plus you are young and I observed that the younger gals are recommended chemo more than the older gals. I know someone will pop up here and give you a better explanation.

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

I must have something mixed up, but I thought if you had a mx you didn't have to have radiation?  

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Good Morning, was up much earlier, but must have dozed back off....

Shell, just take care of you and your wonderful son. He sounds like a charmer.......by the way, how old is he......he must be a pretty big guy to be able to toss around a grown man......he clearly loves you very much....

My step-father, (only father I ever knew, and a wonderful person, who loved me like his own), had a serious accident while working as a bartender......he was actually a Mixologist working in a high class night club......the building was sold to Bell telephone, so of course his prestigious job went too............he got a job in a corner bar, which of course was his dimise.

Very early morning after closing he was filling up for the next day, and while carrying wine bottles from the basement, he fell.....(forget to mention after losing the job he turned to drinking heavily, even while working........long story short, he fell with the win bottles, cutting his hand so bad, he disfigured himself, and lost a finger.........end of him, my mothers marriage, and a man I did not recognize.....life went downhill for all of us.......he became an angry, hateful, bitter person.........

So Cam is right......it does happen......they lose their dignity, self respect, and their worth to society, resenting anyone who is not them........my mother lived in hell much of the time, taking care of him, me, and working everyday.......so I understand...

Not making excuses, but I understand.......some after a tragedy overcome, while others never recover mentally, or physically..........but you must do what brings safety, and a good life for you and your on..........it will not be easy, but it is what you deserve.......you have fought the good fight, been a hero in this battle.........but you cannot win the war........my mother didn't either............

We love and care for you, and want you to be safe......it is amazing that people from all walks of life can bare their souls to people they never knew........we hug and love from miles way........take care.......we are here for you.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2013

Shell, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Sending best thoughts and prayers your way.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Good Morning my gossipy group--I saw how u erased everything about Chevy and her Chickens, I don't blame u.

OK got my coffee, took my meds ((out of some) and trying to get ready for the day. Well I'm not doing anything.

Shell I hope u wake up with a clear head--u really had a bad day yesterday and u stood u'r ground and Chevy knows how all this feels and her life got so much better, but as u read there washep involved. I've admired u for so long and still do.

Scottiee what do u mean when u'r younger u might get more chemo, I just thought it depended on u'r Cancer, Well I do know rads target just certain areas so it must have to do with nides so nothing slips buy while chemo travels thru--like a 2nd let's make sure. cuz nodes are very important.

OK Chick if u go thru chemo rads is a snap-so just relax with them and I'm glad u'r having good days and enjoy them.

And flowers u'r getting a storm --keep it out west we're having aparty next Sat, and we want to use our yard --So one day I hope it doesn't rain. (for Joey) and that kid slept with me all night cuz they all went to a party yesterday and he missed me so he was glued to me and I'm hurting this morning hahaha but I guess I hurt all the time sometimes worse tha others.

What a dream I had last nite aboutmy ex---cuz we've been talking of course it was all mixed up but not good.

• Scottiee1
    edited June 2013

Cam....I didn't mean MORE chemo, I just meant chemo in general.....from my research ,

It seems that some younger ones end up with more aggressive tumours so this could be a reason for chemo as well as mx ....I'm no expert ....perhaps Sas will wake up and enlighten us . PS....Kitty is back....coffee and kitty...life is good.....lol

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited June 2013

Shells, my heart and prayers are with you.

Chick, I took a 7 day cruise up the inland passage of Alaska a few years ago and would do it again in a minute..  Loved, loved, loved it. Beautiful.  And it made me wonder even  more how my Grandfather could give up the fjords of Norway for the plains of North Dakota!

• Scottiee1
    edited June 2013

Wouldn't that be a wonderful get together if we save our pennies!!!!,

• duckyb1
    edited June 2013

Hey Cm, me too with the dream....must have been all that going back talk.........but he was not my EX.......he just died, but he sure was alive in the dream, and looking handsome as ever.........but in the dream he still had cancer.....he was telling me he was leaving me, and I could not understand why........then realized it was because he did not want me to go through it with him...cause he knew he was going to die and wanted to spare me the sorrow..........such an awful dream......

Depressing couple of days here........

Oh and hey "you skinny little shit".......23.0.........you know I hate you..........lol, lol, you know I'm kidding........love you Tiny Hiny.........lol

• duckyb1
    edited June 2013

Ok, going to get a shower.....will be back soon....Honestly, I really have to get my sorry ass moving, and clean this "hovel" I occupy........

I know the "ants" are coming soon, from all the rain we have had........by now they are probably all in tiny boats, floating right to my front door.........

Exterminator told me last year, the rain forces them to run for cover cause their habitats get flooded, and they go into your walls.......ok, Entomologist lesson is over......

Getting my paranoid ass into the shower.....

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Scottiee thanks u know when it comes to cancer (why we're all here) I know nothing really Ok that's makes sense cus when u'r older u'r body doesn't metabolize like when u'r young OK see I think I get it.

See another one who loved the Alaska cruise--everyone raves about them

Ducky what dreams mine was sad and happy but mostly sad my1 st husband has since passed away and I'm glad i didn't dream about him---

Scottiee did u say about all of us just sitting around talking--Oh I wish we could all do that cuz we wouldn't have to MEET each other just pick up any conversation we wanted and have some laughs and tears probably but it would all be good. U know I'm on a couple of threads and one for info occasionally and I like the women in general, but only a couple of threads that I feel close with and can really talk and open up, not that other people can't just read it--but I alays feel like we're all alone and when someone joins they've already read alot and I know they feel comfortable with us--well most we have scared a few away. And maybe we're just silly some days but we should be this can't always be about how bad this is--tho we know--and need comfort in a lot of ways--we can get it thu our friends here So again we lucked out.--I think

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Miss Chabba......any words of wisdom for Alaska packing?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Sas - my contacts are GrannyDukes, you and cmbernardi.

I did start to add lyrica to my menagerie. It has given me a "calm" about me but breast pain still there. See doc on Tuesday & waiting for an appt to talk to BS he won't be back until next week.

Today is a BC survivors party celebration. It is the first time I have felt like going & it is free for me & $5 for DH. Lots of gifts, goodies and food. I hope it's anti- estrogen free and my LE behaves. LOL - So today is church then party, then bed.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited June 2013

good morning

i hardly slept all nite..tossing and turning...just glad shells is ok.

my back is killin me from this stress.

gotta get this body movin.

ill be back

still prayin for all of you along with an extra prayer for our shells

xo kantalope

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited June 2013

There was a previous post, in response to a statement /question by Julianna in re: to Veggy's MIL. First I apologize for the sloppiness of the original. Secondly, I spent a couple hours this morning revising it. It's lawyer ready. By that I mean, it will help the MIL and family explain the circumstances of the case to a lawyer. I would hope you will take the time to reread it.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

I'm going to print it out later and read it and then share with BIL.

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Shell So sorry, your heart must be breaking. All have given you such great advice. What a mess. Bear hugs. L&H&P's sassy

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

GMA sounds like aplan for the day--but sorry u'r not exactly feeling well--I hope today goes really well for u.

SASSmile

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Princess try to relax take something for it... U have enough to worry about and u need u'r rest.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited June 2013

Princess PK, please DO NOT worry about me, I have a 6'2'' muscular young man living here who loves both his parents dearly, many friends and family nearby and a good head on my shoulders. DS will be here for 2 months while I sort this out, help DH either find a treatment program or have him find another place to live.

It is a situation I have lived with for many years, the second it turned physical had him arressted. He will be arraigned in about a month and now I hold the cards as I can either press charges or not. It may be the ticket to get him clean, or it may mean we get separated and I sell the house.  Making an appt with a victims legal advocate this Wednesday so I know what my bargaining chips are in court. I think I can ask the judge to mandate certain conditions for him, will find out. He really is a good man with a big problem, I love him dearly but enough is enough. He wouldn't last long without me, I am his life. Please don't worry, just say a prayer💛

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Scottie and Chickie, No words here, other than real glad chickie is at Cleveland Clinic. The constellation of things that drive the choice of therapy is determined by research. The skill of the MO designing the program is paramount.  Physicians at teaching hospitals tend to keep more up to date b/c they are teaching. Maybe an oversimplification and generalization.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

OMg Chickie I love it and I love turtles, so excited for you....let us know when they print it....guess you will have to schedule something for us.....Hugs for Tuesday!!! sorry about the hair....my eyelashes are gone and so are most of my eye brows, stop putting makeup on cause I thought it would draw attention to me not having it....

Haven't gone to DQ yet it is the intention to go this afternoon after my grandsons baseball game...

NEXT page

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

OMG thanks for the turtles, love it.....

Sassy you know you teach people how to treat you!!!  Sounds disrespectful to me!!! (sorry if I overstepped the boundaries) I agree with Csmmie.....and what ducky said tooo!!! Honestly can you tell him how many days a week he can go out....what if you said nothing and just don't depend on him for anything....you live your life and let him do whatever and don't expect anything, if he is there he is if not then he is not, but I would tell him if he says 7pm and he isn't there then stay somewhere else....He is a grown man and knows how he should be treating you....is the sex worth all this emotional turmoil?

Shell, so happy your son did the right thing, I know it is painful but you don't deserve it.....{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} is there anything we can do?

NEXT

Sorry Mary and Phillie, feel better....don't push yourself like I did, stupid me!!

deciding on tattoos, want flip flops on my foot, a lady bug on my hand, palm trees on my ankle....now I just need the money along with some for my starter, lol... Was in bed last night after I went to the mall and friendlys with DD2 and grandchildren along with one of the twins, did too much, will I ever learn, even rode around in that stupid motorized cart.....crashed, was so nauseous the illegal stuff had to come out cause othe medications didn't work....went to the supermarket this morning already, then to grandsons game and then have to take the twins shopping for them to get food....then to the DQ, can't wait.....what are you all doing today?

collect panda's and sleep with a stuffed one, don't make fun of me, lol....go to Washington Zoo as much as I can about 3 hours away from me, just to watch them, can't walk the zoo anymore..