Comments

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited August 2013

I like that ChickaD!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Veggy pm me if you need to just talk and let it out. I will be here.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited August 2013

Veggy, I'm sorry about your news. Keep your chin up and we will keep the chocolate in your pockets.

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited August 2013

(((((Veggy))). I am so sorry for your news...

Cindy AKA Squishey Heel

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Cami---wait this needs to be separated out--surgeon needs to do what__________? What is the surgeon saying he needs to do? What dx did the surgeon give you?

Second, Anethesia is the second part that needs defined. Anesthesia is a specialty. Some have better capabilities then others as I talked about long ago and in present pm's. Your records need to be looked at 1. agents used, 2. tolerance to agents 3. recovery from agents based on PAR score --"post anesthesia recovery score". 4. you need to be in either ICU or a ICU step down unit for minimum 24 hrs because of estabilished history of unknown response to anesthesia agents with a prolonged recovery. Placing you in a standard post surgical bed puts you at risk b/c of nurse patient ratio and inability to adequately monitor Level of consciousness, BP, Pulse, Respiration, Oxygen saturation b/c of added problem of architectural design.  This is simpler than what I wrote before to take to him. This isn't rocket science. Well what can I say I told the rocket scientist that lives next door he needs to paint his shed and that the grass growing through my fence was his. Next rocket goes up on the 8th.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Hey Squishey, love having you here, you never laughed this much at the other place :) Hugs

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛VEGGY💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

• shellshine
    edited August 2013

Thank you for posting that note for Veggy,  Chicky 💛

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Veggy how are u doing this morning? Now what's the next step for u. This is crap--all crap ad I'm sorry.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Sas my next step is going back to my Primary, I'll ask the Dr. for the Dr. I was recommended--Oh My old surgeon said to have this Dr. contact him about any of the problems I had plus my reports will be sent to him. I guess I was disappointed with my surgeon cuz he doesn't do this type of surgery at all--he said the colon is a whole different story and he wanted me to be with CDH cuz that's where my Drs. are----so today I'll call my primary--Oh wait she'a not in on Thursdays--I just thought--so I'll call tomorrow and ask for the Dr. recommended to me and go from there--This is a lot more work than I planned on hahaha--well--I'll do it, I always do in the end so don't worry about me Sas it'll be fine, I've got my sister calling me constantly and she's pretty good with all this stuff as far as being a nag hahaha so I'll do what I should and get to this new Dr. and he can call my old Dr. about the anesthesia--cuz that's really my only concern and all the pathology has been ordered already. so it'll be fine.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Hugs to you too, Cami, it sounds like a pain in the arse. Hey Squishey, love the name, but you'll get many more if you hang around.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Cammi and Veggy...... No good news this morning..... I'm so sorry gals.... Wish we were all together.... 

Veggy, I know it's easy for me to say, but there ARE a lot of women on here, on different threads who are trying to live with liver mets...  and who are doing alright....  This just sucks.  But if it were me, I guess I would say, "okay, now what.... WHAT else can we do to help me get through this.... or help me live with this."  You can tell me to stfu..... but I'm just trying to make you feel better....

And Cammi!  WTH?  I'm going to bring you here, and move you in with me.  We can go play with the Chickens if you want, or walk up to Starbucks.  And take Veggy, if she feels like it!   Then we can sit outdoors and drink ourselves silly.... ! 

• gmafoley
    edited August 2013

Do any of you take Tramadol or Gralise(slow release gabapentin)??? How does it make you feel?

Praying for a calm after the storm.. I hope this picture will brings peace to the ones that need it:

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited August 2013

Thanks gma, I needed that.

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2013

hi all

I lurk here, read and laugh lots. Thanks for making me smile.

Gma I take tramadol- use it every day and for me it is fine and works, some folk get upset stomachs with it. Can't take gabapentin though it really has bad SEs for me but have a friend on it and she finds it really helps. I talktramadol because of RA and fibromyalgia.

Chevy will be in Denver 24-26 September. Want to do coffee - I know you take it very weak. Can't bring any chickens though.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Cami.....have you ever had an anesthesia that worked, like or any procedure you ever had...?????????......if so, can you go get those records, and take them to the new surgeon, and then to the Anesthesia Dept. of the hospital......

Same thing with me, bad experience, got records of the anesthesia that worked for me previously, and had no problem the next time........the problem was different hospitals with different type of anesthesia........it is a lot of checking, and running around, but for me it was worth it........had no problems after that, once again ...."I was my own advocate".......

Hope it helps......

• marywh
    edited August 2013

Hey Duckster!!!!!Im glad to see you. Gma I take Tramadol. No side effects for me and works well for moderate pain...Chev, I know that felling. Dh used to hide shit all over the house, and then make me help him find it when he would get too drunk to remember where it was...

• gmafoley
    edited August 2013

Thank you, Ladies.  Mary - that is what my pain doc said -  that it might work better for the pain the gabapentin doesn't get - I took my first tramadol, but with my sensitivity issues I cut it in half, just incase... So far a little spacey but ok.. Most of my meds I have to start with a baby dose..

As far as the new "Gralise" slow release gabapentin, pain doc says that being it stays in your stomach and releases slowly alot of his patients like it and have better relief.. I did notice one problem last night but I think being I didn't take any tramadol or tylenol#3s last night, I started having flu-like symptoms.  Got up and took a Tylenol#3, and symptoms subsided.. think withdrawl from the codiene.. And the stress of the day didn't help.. 

I will get through this with all your encouragement - I really appreciate you all!!! 

Ducky - been praying lots for you and Granny..

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,346
    edited August 2013

Big sigh !!!!  and lots of healing vibes for (((( Veggie )))) and ((((Cami )))).  Chevy...you know you are one remarkable person.  I'm so glad we are friends.

Lilli

• veggy
    edited August 2013

Im up. the stupid phone keeps ringing. Onc is going to put me on Xeloda.

Veggytimeforthebiggirlpanties

• gmafoley
    edited August 2013

Veggy will these do? HHHHHHHUUUUUUUGGGGGGSSSSSS  - I'm here for you anytime!!!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Oh Veggy  Hugs from here. So glad MO has a plan for you. When do you start? Hope these make you smile at least.

big girl panties photo: Big girl panties Biggirlpanties.jpg

big girl panties photo: big girl panties biggirlpanties.jpg

big girl panties photo: big girl panties 432032_153862544731212_774718132_n.jpg

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Veggieblend, I take Xeloda along with Ixempra . You probably know about the Xeloda threads on bco. Let me know if you want to talk about Zelda and copay support or SEs. Several others here also have taken it. I hope it treats you well!

Phillyness

• marywh
    edited August 2013

That sounds like a good call. I was on Xeloda for a while and it worked well, with little side effects for me, which turned out to be hand and foot. I wish I could have kept taking it. I know its supposed to be good.

• veggy
    edited August 2013

i've been following the "All ABout Xeloda" thread since my onc talked about it being my next chemo if ever needed. I don't have a port neither do I want one so she wants to leave my veins alone and give them a rest.

I think the company that makes xeloda has some type of program that helps with the co-pay. I'm trying to keep busy so I don't get too down in the dumps. I still haven't found my big girl panties yet. Where did I put them???

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

veggy - here is another linkfor Zelda with help for SE's.  http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=8&id=781957&page=1  Just remember you won't have them all! 

Yes, Genentech has the co-pay program.  Your onc's office should have info, but mine did not.  However, the specialty pharmacy they use to mail you the drug did have the info, so if they ask you if you need financial support, tell them yes. That way they handle it for you.  OR you can just go online at the Xeloda site and sign up for the copay card and their support program.  They will send the copay card and their 'getting started' pouch with info in it.

My SEs seem to be amplified by the Ixempra.  Many of the SEs are the same so it's difficult to separate them.  However, I think the Evil Ixempra is the worst of the two for SEs. 

p.s.  Forget the big girl panties and just go commando.

• shellshine
    edited August 2013

Veggy, I'm thinking of you and holding you close in my prayers. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this again. Please let us know what information you need and how you are doing so that we can hold your hand and fill your pockets with noisy misbehaving hooligans. Just don't wear any panties if you can't find yours, yet. We love you, Vegette.

http://news.cancerconnect.com/hand-foot-syndrome-palmar-plantar-erythrodysesthesia/#a4 http://www.xeloda.com/treatment/side-effects/nausea

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Veggy, these gals know a lot more about what you are going through than I do..... I can just offer you a shoulder to cry on, and a hand to hold... xoxoxoxoxo

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2013

Veggy, I'm sure it was as hard to tell your family as it was to hear it yourself. Crying all round is totally appropriate. Hoping the new chemo kicks it to the curb and stomps on it. We'll be with you the whole way. xoxo