STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

I used to douse slugs with salt. But someone told me that they could slime their way out of it and survive. Then I tried beer traps. They LOVE beer and will drown in it, but the cleanup is gross. Then I used Corry's slug bait but didn't want to accidentally poison birds. So now I use sluggo Which works very well, it's just more pricey than I'd like.

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

What's a fairy lamp?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Littlegoats, our programming has been changed too. NCIS, BONES, Lots of other usual long time favs are off all at the same time. Is something up with that. Do you have Brighthouse Cable

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Miss Sassafrass......yay on your butt being good 

Tongue Out

Well today I cannot feel my toes, fingers, tongue or lips...its really weird......neuropathy?  Chemo sucks.

Having a silent night with Cooper...everyone is somewhere.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

OMG These creepy, crawlly things are making me itchy I feel like I was reading nature's top villians. We see a fly and get all get it out. We do have spider and icky stuff, but not like u guys and my cat catches most of the flies and some other little ones, so she's useful tht way. All of a sudden it's Friday night. WTF happened to this week I feel like it didn't happen--OH well it did happen. Was going out (maybe )tonite but changed my mind my GFs were going out to dinner but not tonite-

I didn't leave the house today and my DD said it's a  little humid--it's been raining on and off. Oh well. Oh chit I'm so boring today---I sent my # to the Governors staff and no one has called me, they just got it today tho--I knew they's ignore this but I'll be back to them on Monday--my usual day hahaha--they thought they'd get rid o me. Not that easy.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

(HUGS) ChickaD

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Gumby, Fairy lamps started from around 1880 till around 1920. They were restarted around the 60's/70's maybe 50's. It a two piece candle. AKA a hurricane, there all types. My favorites are the ones with the most facets. They SPARKLE AND TWINKLE. Ebay has allot Keyword--Fairy candles. Indianna glass seems to have produced allot 30-40(50) years ago. That's why they are coming on the Market right now. The stuff from folks breaking up there homes and downsizing, is coming into the 2ndary market. Thrifts, garage sales, auctions. Stuff from older than that can be had, but lots of factors affecting that. The 50-60's colors and styles are collectible because of price. Sorry off on a ramble. SHELLS woo-Hoo! I did decided to change that situation I mentioned. HMMMMM only 3 little puffies

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

Chickad treat yourself good!

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

CkickieD Chemo Drugs are my weakest suit(bridge type). But That much numbness seems out of range. Does doc and Nurse say anything unusual???????If you didn't tell them I think someone should know. No clue if it's a tonite call or not.?

CALLING ALL NURSES--JULIA, LMG,SHELLS,STACEY, BEATMOM-----OR ANYONE WHERE DOES THIS FALL IN S/S RANGE????????????? SASSY

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

Didnt mention it yet to Onc...it seems to be a common se of some chemo drugs (I'm on TCH) at least its in my cancer binder they gave me...little amounts of the chemo drugs leak out of capillaries and the fingers and toes are the first to get hit.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Sassy - No we have DirecTV. I'll probably put Tootsie on. It's on Encore. I've never gotten into NCIS,Bones,CSI any of those. Have watched many a House episode with DH who loves it - go figure - about as non-medical a person as you could get. He's watching Elizabeth the Golden Age on The Movie Channel.

Garden - Miss Chevy has a fairy garden and Miss Sassy sent her a fairy lamp for it. Not sure what color. They are also called fairy candles. Also a Fairy Lamp Club.

Cami - I'm with you. Where did July go? Just noticed last night how much earlier it's getting dark.

ChickaD and Sassy - chemo is not my area personal or prof. but we can ask some questions. Chickie - When did it start/worsen, where and it is progressing or has it stabilized? Any change in regimen? Are you well hydrated? All elimination functioning as well as it usually does?

What other questions can I bug you with? Detective Goatsy here.

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

Those are pretty. Are they for candles?

Don't let me get in yje way of diagnosing ChickaD though. She's ever so much more important than my curiosity!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Chickynumb my post bumped u'rs---OK I felt numbness all over, but not at the same time and not my tongue, do u have any elevated temp? Don't get to scared, cz stupid things happen with chemo, but I would certainly call my dr. I know it's off time but they all have an answering service that will contact them and he Dr. should call u back pretty quickly---Damn chemo, Damn SE's, Damn cancer it all suck. Call u'r Dr.

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

Dear Miss Detective Goatsy....just finished chemo #4 last week..I noticed slight tingling after #3, but this time much worse.....only change with #4 is NO Neulasta shot this time....kinda stabilized...just freaky....I am not well hydrated..I've been throwing up a lot and diahhrea this time....I will call Onc on Monday...hmmmm

Temp ok...it rises to about 100 after chemo for about 2 weeks

Thanks my friends  xoxo

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

cHICKIE, i CALLED THE PHARMACIST AT MY OLD HOSPITAL. (Sorry about the caps)

The symptoms I'm concerned about are the tongue and lips. Call your doc. If you feel ascratchiness in the throat or start to have shortness of breath CALl EMS. Until your doc says this can be an accepted response. You may be having an allergic response.

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

Ok Sass..ill call now

• luvmygoats
    edited August 2013

Sassy - me too with the tongue/lips. Toes I would expect, fingers maybe. Tongue/lips too close to oral problems for my liking. I would think I would call too. Vomiting more? Do you have adeq. antinausea meds?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

I have spiders galore...every corner has a web....every chair rung......horrible..nothing scary or dangerous, but a pain in the ass........and did you know spiders "shit"..,,,,oh yes they do.......googled it cause I saw white dots...very tiny, but right under the web..........guess what....they shit....gross, but true

We also get those stink bugs that drop out of nowhere, and crack if you kill them......I hold my ears when I do........

Down the shore our mosquitoes are big enough to land at the Cape May County airport......

Had a groundhog in my backyard last week.....in Pa......hey, maybe it was Pauxatawany Phil......Pa's famous groundhog.........nah.......

I also get Fox, Raccoons, Possums, Owls, Rabbits, Squirrels, Chipmunks, and Skunks......I live right behind a Historic place called.....Collenbrook Farm........and yes I also have a brook behind my house......sorry you asked.....now I will STFU, and go to the shore for the weekend...catch you when I get there.....

• luvmygoats
    edited August 2013

We be on it ladies! That's what we're here for even if it isn't STFU moment.

Chickie - Hoping he says no problemo, but he needs to know. It is the weekend and you know how getting anyone on weekend is. Better to nip it in the bud - so to speak.

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

Called Onc..they are paging the on call Onc now and he will call me directly!

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Talked with Chickie, new onset two days ago, getting worse, Circamorhal(spelling way off) & nasal numbness and tingling. She's calling her doc, and then she'll call back.  Gave her other s/s's to watch and when to call EMS. Docs gotta say this is in normal range. 

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Hey Chickie there you are. Cirrcamorhal is a fancy word for around the mouth. Cirrcamorhal numbness and tingling inclusive of the nose can be a sign of an allergic reaction. The pharmacist couldn't find anything in her sources that identified n/t around the mouth and nose with your drugs. So, this a safety call that your making.

• luvmygoats
    edited August 2013

Ducky I have more little house spiders here than in city. You're right under every table if I don't watch it. Yes, skunks - had one living under my hay shed. I think DH finally discouraged him. Armadillos, possums, a few racoons, usual squirrels. Ducky enjoy the shore. Sounds like your time there has improved some lately.

Sassy - I'm glad we've been on here talking. Yee Gads.

Garden - Fairy lamps are made for candles. I know they are called fairy candles but DM always called them fairy lamps. Oddly enough I've never seen one with a candle lit in it. DM didn't collect them just sold them.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Chick.........rattle the cage girlfriend.......what ever it takes....keep us informed.....hugs and prayers..

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Squishy and detective goats - love it. Thanks for making me laugh! Squishy, your grandkids sound adorable. Can I have one? I'm still waiting on mine.

Chickie - scary stuff and don't let the vomiting and diahhrea get out if control. Doc needs to know that also.

SlugTalk - tune in every Friday evening on BCO!

Phyllofelon

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2013

lurking, am ok....ok now reading....Veggy can I quit with you?  

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

You all ROCK...thank you thank you thank you..especially my on-call hoolie Dr. Sassafrass ♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

Onc believes its thrush.....calling in a script for me...

My Cleveland Clinic team is really amazing...Onc called back in less than a minute...heard me...made me describe my mouth to him, etc etc.....and told me to make sure I never hesitate to call in future...I like that!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

I got bit by a brown recluse when I was in my 20s. That was the grossest thing Ive ever had.  and hurt like hell too. Heres a little Jordan story for you. Had him for dinner last night and while he was here, he broke a treasured night light by accident. He felt really bad and kept saying how sorry he was. On the way home he was really quiet, and finally said, Grammy, I am so sorry about your night bright, it was an accident. I said I know Baby. hes quiet for another minute and then says, I wont tell  my mom about this...I laughed and said I wouldnt either...

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Chickie, get some pedialite. Thats what I drink all the time.

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

Oh Miss Mary....you must have called my hubby...he is on his way home with Pedialite