STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Chevette - the situation sucks big time. My DH has fallen off the wagon twice since the big incident in June. Both were one nighters and he stayed away from me, deeply regretting the lapse the next day. Last one was 2 nights ago.  All I can say is that the disease is a terrible one, especially for the family. Horrible, really, because it's self-inflicted. 

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Thanks Shells....  I didn't think your DH would go back to it....     Thinking of you Shells..... xoxox

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited August 2013

I want to quit cancer.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Veggy, don't we all? Sending lots of hugs your way.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Veg, it sure ain't for sissies is it?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

I can tolerate most anything.......not drinking or a drunk.......lived with it.....watched it destroy lives, kill my father, and ruin my mother's life..........would never live with it if I had a choice, and we all have a choice in life.........talking from experience, not out my a--........,.sorry been there.....lived that.....

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Veggy--I'm so sorry u know that--wear or don't wear u'r big girls panties-it's u'r call but whoever took my big girl panties and put them on this thread--no names mentioned--(luvmygoats) had better bring them back to me. Veggy I'm glad they have a "plan" for u and u'r a fighter so just kick it's A$$, damn cancer.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Shell I'm sorry about all this, I thought everything was going so well, now u have t be on patrol to ffigure out what's going on, I hat that for u. U've come so far just so he doesn't do any stopping u that's what is going to count now. Chevy I agree with u but if insurance helps u call it whatever they want. It's so sad cuz it's not just the single person that goes thru it--it's everyone in it's path with the family being the very first. Chit

• veggy
    edited August 2013

I'm having myself a pity party for a couple days. I'm allowed. Then I'll pick myself up and deal with it like a fighter. Maybe we should have the traveling Big Girl Panties. They can be sent to whoever needs them. Joking People!

For now I found out that my  cousin had her baby, a boy, today. She was 10 days overdue. I can't wait to see what he looks like.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

OK I have an app't to see the new surgeon Aug. 12th---of course he's on vacation now. so we won't talk about this anymore OK

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Okay little Cammi..... Yes, we can still talk about it though....Wink   A "surgeon" eh?  He will have all of your tests and xrays....etc?   Someone HAS to have an idea of what is going on! 

And you too Veggy..... You are MORE than allowed to feel anyway you want....Sometimes we complain, and whine, but it all usually works out.....  I don't want to complain about my stupid  life anymore either.... It all works out.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Chevy he's connected with my Hspital that I go to and the Head Coronor--(I know) of the county gave me his name but my primary also uses him so he has access to all my records--these computers are unreal cuz they even put the picture of the scan in there. So he can look everything up--I told the nurse there I don't have my boobs or any of my female parts but I need my liver and all my organs want to move out so they better put it back where it is supposed to go--see it's got to much room to move around in there with everything gone. That's my theory.

• shellshine
    edited August 2013

one day at a time..........

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Veggy, When I was on Xeloda, I didnt have insurance and genentech gave me the xeloda for free...I think you had to make less than 100,000 a year!

• veggy
    edited August 2013

Interesting.

• marywh
    edited August 2013

Well, had my best buddy, gs, Jordan over for dinner tonight. He managed to only ask where my boob was 1 time. You sure can see those little wheels turning though. My guys started laying my tile today, omg, I just love it. Even more than I thought I would. I will Have to learn how to post pictures. Its going to look like something out of Coastal Living, when db gets done with it. As much fun as Ive made of them and their old bones, they sure are creating a magic room. What a great early b-day present.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Maryonthefloor I'm so glad u'r happy with this--someone has to help u do the pictures--look who's talking. and Jordan bless his heart, see how much they notice about us. LOL That's cuz they love us.

• shellshine
    edited August 2013

Hooligan: Troublemakerdelinquent mischief-makervandalrowdyruffianyahoo.

Rowdy:  Noisy, disorderly

STFU:   Place of refuge

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Chevy, understand, my situation is different with DDBF, but the same in that I don't want to kick him to the curb. Do what you need to do and we'll all be here for you to vent when you need too. L&H&P's

Cami your right you have all the ducks lined up. So, unless you want too quack  about something, I'll wait in the duck blind quietly LOL.

Veggy Hugs, with you all the way:)

Chevy I have a new skin sensitivity that I had to be kicked in the head to realize it was a problem. K-yjelly. Miserable since colonoscopy couldn't sit down. Then the hands went nuts. Using all the tricks I know, butt they aren't working fast enough. It's always something.

Picked up the pathology report from the polypectomies from tues on wed at med records office. All three polyps negative.

Shellshiner Hugs, do what you have to do and we are here for you too.

Just a reminder about getting that letter from Bank of America re: your mortgage that you paid off (10,000$). Most people have never heard of it. I may have the name a bit incorrect, but if memory serves me correct, it's called "Letter of Satisfaction of Mortgage". Once you get it and record it at the county clerks office, it prevents the previous mortgage lender from saying you didn't pay off the mortgage. Legally can be a big deal if mortgage company screws up their paperwork. Since Bank of America has lawsuits against them for screwing up allot, by foreclosing and selling properties that have paid off mortgages, and in one case they didn't even hold the mortgage, please, be safe and get that letter.

I learned about it when I took my Real Estate classes (yeah, did real estate too). When I asked my mortgage holder for the letter, it took months. But I made weekly calls till it was done. They couldn't produce the deed, but they had letters of transfer that said they owned the paper. So, floating out there somewhere is my deed. BUT because of that letter and the recording, IF someone comes forward to declare they have a legal interest in my property. That letter will protect me. But even more important is, it is recorder at the County Clerks Office. Legally what this means is the letter met all the requirements of the Clerk's office to be recorded.

Not to beat a dead horse, but when a property is sold(bought), all the sale documents are recorded, inclusive, of the deed. So, even though the mortgage lender couldn't return my original deed b/c it was recorded at time of sale, the "letter of satisfaction" closes the loop. So, when I go to sell the house and the title is searched. The title company is responsible for finding all these details and documenting them from the County record. Therefore, there will be no impediment to the sale of the property. BUT another BUT having personal "Title Insurance" which is offered at time of purchase is important. The mortgage lender requires it to approve a mortgage, but it doesn't protect the buyer, the extra cost at purchase time of personal Titile Insurance is worth it. There's more to it, but this is already more than you ever wanted to know LOL.

EDIT: In a do over, when I paid the house off, I would have paid a title company to perform the final steps that I did independently.

Everyone that's chemoing and radiating hope you feel better for the weekend.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

For all that have little girls in their lives that are into the dress up phase, I just bought some clip on earrings that were perfect to go with an Ariel costume. The little one -4 y/o was so excited. They can be found at thrift shops. I wouldn't suggest the screw on types :)

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Morning gals....

Sass, I DO understand...!  And I know that all of us just make different decisions.  But I'm probably more like you, and Shells...  I've said too much already about personal stuff......so PM's are better for that...

And your hands?  Are they better?  So did you sit in a bucket of ice-cold water.... Wink

It's like okay we can figure OUT what is causing this, but any little thing will start it up again!   I just think it takes forEVER to get our skin back to normal... And to build up that "natural barrier" to these problems.  Mine are much better, but still dry and peeling..... just not that intense itching anymore.

So HAPPY  for you Marywiththeporchofallthings!  I just love when something comes together!  You have to post pictures when it's all finished!   Give that Brother a hug!

Morning Cammi!  It's such a coincidence that DH brought in this medical training book.... Neighbor moved and threw out everything.  The illustrations show all the soft tissue, and bones, and where they are placed.  Looks like EVERYthing is just packed inside there!  No WONder things get confused and try and make more room!   This is called "A Brief Atlas of the Human Body".... When I'm finished, going to give it to my  oldest Grandson, who works for this medical supply Co. that furnishes the Titanium instruments for back surgery, and works with the surgeons that need these "things."   Like cages, rods, and everything to do with the Spine.

Maybe I should send this to YOUR team, so they can figure you out!  Wink

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Had to share this with you all this morning - so true so true

• shellshine
    edited August 2013

Hey hoolies - don't worry about me, I'm doing fine. I'm actually doing okay with DH, as long as he is trying hard to make it work. Not much else happening on my end, haven't really gotten my butt in gear to find a job - need to get going. I'm thinking of this time as a "staycation," a vacation where we don't go anywhere but relax at home. Need to rest a bit after all the excitement of the past year. I'm eating way too much ice cream, though..... trying to drop a few pounds so I can still fit in my work clothes. DS goes back to school in a few weeks. It's been nice having him home this summer.

• gmafoley
    edited August 2013

Shellshine - I hear you - I've gained 35 lbs in the past year - When I went to my nutritionist.. she says I'm doing everything right, I've even cut my ice cream consumption to when I go to costco once a month... but hoping this new pain med regimen will kick in and I can walk again.. 

I need a staycation after my vacation with the grandkids ROFL! Oh I have to share this picture of these 3, you know they might smile but they are all thinking, what can I get into next!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

Marywh, where is your tile going? 

• marywh
    edited August 2013

Tile is going on my 2 screened in porches.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Good Morning Hoolies---I'm a little late--remember when those words were said many years ago and OMG panic was in the air. LOL

Chevy, Shell Sas---u are all intelligent women and u know how much and what to do and what can be handled in u'r way. There's n judging on anyone--if I told u all that I've done I hope u'd never judge me. We are who we are and in my eyes u are all so wonderful, I've told u I'm on a couple of threads and there's 2 more that I respect and really care about these women like all of u guys--so u all make my day happier when no one understands me but now that Chevy has figured out my code of typing--everybody understands me and I love u all and care about each and everyone of u.

OK GMA don't even say those kids could get into any kind of mischief they are adorable and u'r GD is beautiful, oh the boys are coming, that's not good in my head. I don't know their names but the one sitting on the edge looks a little like he's thinking of what to do next. LOL

It's raining on and off here again, it's fine with me, but swimming isn't an option so I feel bad for the kids they were going everyday when the sun was out. But u'r gardens must look pretty good.

And veggy u know u'r in my prayers--I think (feel) like this will work for u.

• gmafoley
    edited August 2013

Cami, you are exactly right - I know William is my daughter's child, but he reminds me of my son!  In fact, my daughter called me crying one day and said, "Oh mom I'm in deep trouble......."..... silence........ "William is just like Ben(my son) and  I know what he did as a kid!!!!"  Yes William knows how to push everyone's "upset" button and I got wise to him and he responds with, "BAD GRANDMA... I DON'T LIKE THAT"  - I frown back and then excuse myself so I can go laugh somewhere... He is so funny!  He did come back and hug me and said, "I love you grandma."

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

I sure wish I could see my grandkids more often. 

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Stfu, I have to vent, this has nothing to do with BCO or bc. MY ROCKET SCIENTIST NEIGHBOR has just reached my last bit of tolerance. In the 1990's we paid half for the fence put up in the back 80 of the lot between us at their request. It was expensive at the time. In 2011 I put up a very nice white vinyl fencefrom the front to meet the chain link . They promised to pay half on their side. They new approx expense. When given the final total. Guess they opted not to pay anything. I kept my mouth shut.  

I've periodically washed the fence since that time, also washing their side where it was the worst. And all four sides of the cathedral caps and top rails. Never told them I did this , just did it. Now for the first time he washes his side. Tells me he used bleach. Bleach is NOT good for vinyl fencing. Then proceeds to tell me he's going to use and abrasive pad on the rails in between(not needed). Then he proceeds to tell me how to wash the fence after I explain what to use, that won't hurt the vinyl long term. Well, now I'm hot and prepared to have the TALK with them.  Thanks rant over.