STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Ckickie you forgot to say he asked you about all the S/S's for an allergic response. AND if any of them occurred to call 911. Just adding this so, everyone know's, that you know what to look for. So, we all know your safe.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Chickie - Did he say anything about your increased nausea/diarrhea? Do you have plenty of meds coverage? Onc. does sound rockin' with his response.

Marywoohoo - Jordan sounds adorable. He has a great future as a comedy writer.

Phyllofelon - I'm with you. Don't think I'll ever get grandchildren. DD has sworn off men for the forseable future. Having an affair with her computer games. But I did hear an interesting statistic today. 36% of millenials live with their parents. At least I don't have that problem. LOL

I found some Pedialyte plastic ampule things you put in your own water. I know, dumb, but I keep it for the goats. Grape flavored. Smells divine. Glad DH getting some.

• luvmygoats
    edited August 2013

Sassy - yes I wondered how he eliminated allergic response. Good questioning on his part.

Chickie - hope you get to feeling better. Having DH home will help. I just feel better if someone is there even though you might want quiet/solitude.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

No concern with vomiting and diahhrea..its kinda my m.o. with the chemo!

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited August 2013

Phgraham. Yes they are adorable but I am partial when it comes to my granddaughters... They live 1 and 1/2 hours away from me. Wish they lived closer but I usually get to see them every week or two... They and their parents are coming to visit for the day tomorrow.. The name Squishy is growing on me!!!!

Cindy AKA Squishy

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

Sas

Those frog critters a few pages back. We have them here, they can kill a dog if licked. Name is Buflo? Something like that. All the way up to Tally. They are BIG suckers.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

LMG your right they are called fairy lamps, originally they were used before the kerosene /oil lamps. It seemed when I studied them , kerosene lamps were around earlier then that. May be the Fairy lamps were used by people that couldn't afford oil.  Any ways I think candle is what they were called more recently simply b/c we didn't know to call them lamps.

The older ones I saw on EBAY do look more like lamps, as many looked more like a typical table lamp-long stem with class shade, many were hand painted. The older ones are quite different than the newer ones. Chevies is ultra modern which is unusual. Probably it shouldn't be classed as a fairy light b/c it hasn't got a top. BUT it's so sparkley even without a light I couldn't resist

Chevy we'll call it a FAIRY light , but it likely should be classed under votive light. WE won't tell the FAIRIES --Okay?

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Spookie-----oH nOoooooooo. You are just northeast of Tampa, and you say they are up to Talahassee. So from east to west coast to upper state. I thought they were still only on the East coast up around Daytona. Not good. I forgot about the dieing part. Do you know if they are hurting any native species. The Pythons are simply wrecking the Everglades. Killing the birds, small land animals.........Nasty

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2013

Actually I'm next to Clearwater, one block in from the Gulf. I don't know about native species

Did you see that pic a few years ago from the Glades, a gator tried to eat a python and they both died? That was gross.

There was a state licensed/ sanctioned python hunt this spring. They only shot 8 I think.

• luvmygoats
    edited August 2013

One of the funniest movies I ever saw was "Cane Toads" 1988. I think nearly the same species. Toxic skin.

The first is a portion of the movie. The second is the theme song maybe not exactly from the movie but the pictures with it are priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mvV8OT-mmE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZoCPV6C3xQ

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Spookie we have two invasive frogs--one poisonous to small animals and one that cause skin irritation. The second one  the cuban tree frog is starting to decimate the native species of frogs/toads/lizards. This link describes that they are considered so invasive, it actually tells the public how to kill them. I've never seen anything like this in print before. Amazing.

http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/wildlife_info/faq/frogstoads.php

The Marine --Bufo is the big guy that can kill small animals if licked.

LMG LOL< LOL

We have talked spiders, roaches, scorpions, tarantulas, snakes, Fairies, Slugs, racoons, skunks, dogs, possum, hawks, barn owls, butterflies,ants, frogs, toads What 'd I miss. "It's been a hell of a day at sea sir".( that lines from a famous movie, but can't remeber the name)

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Chickster - the Hand and Foot Syndrome from chemo is called  Palmar-Plantar Erythrodysesthesia news.cancerconnect.com/hand-fo...

• luvmygoats
    edited August 2013

That's from "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

LMG that's right the almost last scene. The coast guard youngin says it :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

HI Shells, So I wasn't, then I was, now I'm not, but I think I will be again and go watch Overboard

LmG been a nice afternoon:)

Hi & bye squishey, PDG,Cami

Chickie take care :)

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2013

Chick

That sounds like the Severe Alergic reaction to Taxotere that I had. ALL over my body for 3 weeks. Swelling, pain, was awful. Then I peeled and lost every nail. Was horrible.

Stay in touch with your onc.

• luvmygoats
    edited August 2013

Me too. Butt has gone to sleep and DH thinks I need to get the dishes done. HA. Sassy - Nice afternoon for talking. Sleep well.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

LMG ditto

Chickie not all things are the same or end up the same honey, Work with today and not a future question mark.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Littlegoats, just finished Overboard. It was such a fun film. It's stood the test of time. It gets more fun with each viewing. Always said that was the test of a good movie. Have to look at a couple of things on IMDB. It was made in 1987. Can you believe that? 26 years ago. Roddy Mcdowell produced it. I would have sworn he was a writer, but couldn't find that anywhere.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2013

Loved today's discussion. Always wanted to know how to euthanize cane toads. We fostered a Basenji mix dog years ago. National Geographic had a photo of a man hunting cane toads with Basenjis in Africa, where they're native.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Oh Again this sounds like National Geographic with out the pictures of nude people in the rivers. U all sounds like u live in the Glades hahaha--I'd be afraid of going outside. Of course we have skunk, possum, beavers, raccons here but their habitat has all been disturbed with all this building and taking their land. My 1st DD's dog has gotten skunked twice already this year--U'd think he'd learn, they usually do come out more at night tho.

Chicki I'm glad u called, I forgot about thrush totally--I had that once or for a while now I barely remember--it's a weird feeling and I thought only babies got it actually--Oh I'm so premed.

This is when I wake up and after a while I'm beat for the whole day--Good thing I'm retired.

And Squishy u'r in a good group, I'm sure by now u've heard Ducky is our most sexy, beautiful, most intelligent one on here so u get that straight right away. LOL

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

Morning Miss Cam...I've been up a bit...Cooper's schedule...lol

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Oh Chicki what a pretty picture--when u'r sick u'r really sick miss happiness.  My Katie-Kat was all over me then she disappeared. Hey chickie have u ever just sang to cooper--I started singing (horrible voice) to my Katie-Kat and her ears go up and she stres at me with her head going back and forth and climbs on me--it's hysterical.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Morning Chickie Cami and Wren. Blondie you lurking:)

Wren Didn't you think it was unusual for such a detailed description about how to kill the toads? Very specific. Didn't leave anything to second guess what to do. I had no idea how bad these toads are here in Florida.

Chickie, anything to report this morning:)

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013
  • sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Chevy your ICE CASTLE :)

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Geez you guys!  I go NUTS trying to find a picture of MY Fairy Light.... Then I found it on Ebay, of course Sassy!  It is sooooooo pretty!  It comes with a candle, and I have it on my dining room table.  I cleaned everything else off the table....Wink  And now I have it sitting on a mirror on a lace place-mat.   I have to get new batteries for my camera, so I can post a picture! 

But this one looks hand-blown or formed, or whatever they do!   And Sass, the top part has two of the "points" bent over, like to use for handles!   You can barely see this in the picture!  But I treasure it! 

I WILL put it on the little round end table when I bring in my Fairy Garden...  My Daughter's gave me 2 little ceramic fairies for my Birthday.... And a small Tilandsia that I planted in with the rest.  The grass seed I sprinkled in there makes it look like a FOREST!  Ha, ha!  I'll take more pictures soon!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

SASS! Hey, morning girl!  YES!  My Ice Castle! 

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

:) it's so pretty have you lit it yet. Dini was just wigwagglaing hit the computer table , knocked my mouse on the floor and it's broke, At least it wasn't the laptop. This dog!