Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Sitting in the chemo pod...they took 3 tubes of blood...nurse tells me they have 3 teams that will independently type and cross check my blood before transfusion...then consult with me and Onc before tx begins...they really seem to take this seriously....however I am a bit freaked out. AND to top it off NO umbrella drinks...WTH I thought the Cleveland Clinic was "advanced" care...Miss PhylloDough I need your paintgall gun today!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Holy Cow Chickers...  They had BETTER take this seriously!  Just don't freak out.... we're with you kiddo.... keep posting! xoxoxo

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Good Morning everyone--what with all this blood coming out and going in. I don't like any of this.

ussie I'm still not sure why u were bleeding all over and Chicke if they are giving u blood just be patient and everything will go well. This is crazy.

I found a camel in my garage, now I know why.

Now everyone feel good today, I'm ordering this as a perscription. Don't u wish there would be one pill and that's all to help all of us.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

OK I'm watching the news about the Navy shooting. My Lord, this crazy stuff always going on.

• ChickaD
    edited September 2013

My view for the day...beautiful palm tree..isn't it?

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

It's gorgeous - but I've got to admit that I like the green ones with blue sky behind 'em way better.  You haven't said - or I didn't get it - why why why are you getting a transfusion?  Have you been leaking, like our new Aussie friend?  Now SHE sounded like she needed some pumped in after spreading it all over... 

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited September 2013

Chickie - feel better soon, you hear.

Cami - I'll take one of your feel good prescriptions.

Chevy - I am the ONLY one on here who has anything like camel feed and hay. Send him my way.

Welcome Aussie Sheila. I passed a lady dressed to the nines one day coming out of office building. Entire antecubital (inner elbow) was dripping. I thought poor lady hope she didn't have to be somewhere soon. Sorry for your embarrassment. Bet young bloke was more concerned with you and the floor than your state of dishabille. Our word lesson for the day - partly or scantily clothed.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2013

Aussie girl......Chevy is right....I am all of the above mentioned......LOL, LOL, LOL

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

Aussie S sorta been there, sorta done that. Wad in for a port flush. All numbed up. Wearing my favorite shirt and white shorts.

Nurse starts procedure, I'm not watching. I hear him say oh shit. Open my eyes to see blood dripping down my clothes, all over his scrubs, the chair, the floor. I thought it exploded. The patients getting their chemo are speechless.

They cleaned me up well. I can't imagine what went through the other patients thoughts.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Oh ChickaD--Whew ir's red I wasn't sure with you yet, OK now I know. And u'll feel better.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited September 2013

Good morning!  It's just me trying to type with numb ifngers.  I'm skipping speelcheck tday, so if I spell like cammi, ou know why.  I usually obsess over grammar and speeling.  Forget it!  I have packing to do.  that's why I'm here - procrastination.

chicklet - I'm here in your pocket wih my PB gun.  Just reach in - and avoid the other hooligans doing weird stuff in your pocket. Especially gardengumby with the beer bong.

Hi Asheila - glad to have you with us.  Duckie is all the things tha t chevy said, plus a mean streak if you're a doctor and you get on her bad side.  cammi is our role model for letter writing and chevy is a master at misunderstanding AND understanding cammi.  It's all very weird, but we love it!

Some of us pop in less often.  Like me....because i'm lazy and my fingers are numb until I type much and then they hurt.  sucks to be me.  however I do have my anlke monitor and my paintball gun to keep order.  Mainly that's outside of the thread, but who knows what might happen when hooligans gather.  Just look at Russia.  It's wonderful that the reforming felon in the group (that's me) is the one that tries to keep order.  Okay, hahahahhaa, that was a lie.  I don't do that.  I just mess aroound and say stupid stuff.

littlegoats - it's so nice that cammi is sending you a CAMEL!  I hope that's okay.  I know you recently lost a beloved goat and sometimes a replacement might come too soon.  You can negotiate that with the camster.

spookie - I HATE when they say OH Shit!  It's never good.  I'm glad they got you cleaned up okay.  don't worry about other patients - they have their own trauma therapy.

sassy's hands have been a mess so she's MIA for a bit, until they are better enough for her to hold things (like a telephone) and type comprehensive reports on things we need and didn't know we needed until she mentions it.  Then we ask a bazillion and 30 questions and probably not the right ones..

I hate that cammi coauldn't pass her BP test.  that sucks.  She studied and everything.  she probably read the wrong chapter after finding that guy and his camel in her garage.  Hell, she probably didn't read it iat all!  He's a cutie - pass hime over when you're done!  We'll see how he  measures up to the drummer that just left.....and the FIREMEN!  Hmmmm.  Off to make a rating chart! 

Have a wonderful day!

Phyllo-dork

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited September 2013

Phyllo - I'll take the camel but the camelherder in the picture must come with the deal. Happy packing. If by some chance during your 2 months in Houston you get up this way PM me. I'm on the Ft. Worth side of the metroplex but can get anywhere around. Even Dallas does not intimidate me too much.

BTW - Flowers how was the interview? Was it yesterday or is my memory effing jacked up?

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited September 2013

I iwll do it, ms lovelygoats!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Chick, love the palm, Ducky as usual wore her beach attire so she could sit under the branches, They all thought she'd escaped from the mental floor, but thats just our Ducky...STILL havnt heard about chemo, they are taking their sweet time and its pissing me off. Likre here I am doing four months of a chemo that didnt work and they'reacting like a few more days wont matter...but I can SEE the tumors getting bigger on my chest wall and wonder what its doing to my liver. Can you hear me screaming out of frustration?Yell.On the other hand tomorrow is my 31 anniversary. We have been through alot in those 31 years. Time just seems to go by faster and faster.Phillygoestripping, have a safe trip and quit procrastinating.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

Chickie, Hope you feel much better after your transfusion. My BIL had several and he always felt much better afterwards. I had 2 after my first childbirth. I've been a donor for years in payback.

AussieSheila, That must have been a LOT of blood. Of course, it always seems like a lot when it's me. If the tech couldn't handle the sight, he's in the wrong business.

DD was a surgical tech. In training, they had a woman with a double mx come to talk to them. She showed them her scars and talked about how she's doing now. DD says the mx is quite a sight to see and they wanted the techs to realize that the outcome is pretty good.

• duckyb1
    edited September 2013

Happy 31 Mary.........I only got to 35.........was hoping or 50 at least, but it was not to be.......the good Lord wanted him back........do something fun......hugs

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Yes Mary.... Happy 31 to you too!   Hi Ducky, you little rebel you... and Yes, I could hear you screaming over here!  Wink

Well, I called the Infusion Center about that gal I ran into?  And gave her my information, so maybe they will know who I am talking about, and she will either call or email me back.   If she wants too...   Funny how we just worry about people that we have never met, like YOU guys, or even this one I am talking about...  Wren, that is like the gal that I ran into!  She showed me her scar, and I just told her how well it healed up!  But seeing a scar like that IS very profound.   You just want to say something that makes them feel better.   I remember  seeing my Mom's for the first time... I thought I would fall over...  That was when they did a "radical mastectomy" and I just felt bad because it was my MOM!  She was doing just fine, but it was just heart-breaking to see her like that.....  

Oh Phylliwiththenumbfingers!  I never would have guessed you lost your spell-check, Ha!  I thought it was Cammi for a second!   YOU are trying to keep order?  Hah!   So it's Sassy's hands?  Ah geez!  I KNOW what that feels like!  So she is just laying low?   And I thought you said "stupified" about Cammi.... you said "studied!"  Ha!  You also said those guys just left?   Couldn't you at least send one or two over THIS way?

And Spookie!  You TOO?  Geez you guys!  What is this?  A group thing about leaking our blood?   I didn't do that one....

Except just when I was getting radiation through those tubes with my MammoSite device, and laying on that table, my leaks were all over the table... I just yelled  "You guys, I'm leaking all over this table!"  Like it mattered.    They brought in towels and pushed them against my side...  funny isn't it, that when you get radiation, they ALL leave the room, and leave YOU there!  They beat feet, and watch this from the next room, but YOU are in there  hanging out to dry!  Being radiated all over the place!   But it worked. 

Okay littlegoats.... You get the Camel..... You can care for him better than these other gals... but I get the guy.... !  Man, those eyes! Wink

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Chickers!  Are you done yet?

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,288
    edited September 2013

I'm two pages to the bad --- behind that is.  Aussie Sheila, hope you are ok now and Chick too.  Hope I not too late with my good wishes.

Cammi, there is never going to be a time when you are not too much.  To me.....too much is wonderful. 

Chevy.....note coming your way from me.

Hope you all have a stunning day.  Perfect pre-Fall day here.....just the right temp. with a breeze and no humidity.  Pardon me whille I go directl to Ah  mode.

Lilli

nap-time for spell checker.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Happy 31st  to Mary & husband!

(We have been  married 45 years this past August)

I am ready to kick butt with your insurance company....don't they realize you NEED the chemo?  

(don't get me started on insurance!!! grrrrrrr)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

hi

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Hi Sas...hope you doing okay....take care of yourself! .......

and ummmm.....Laughing

or whom ever......Surprised

Hugs,

Di

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Hi Sas. Oh I am about to scream!!!Pharmaceutical company wants our checking account and tax records for last year to see if I qualify for help..Who wouldnt qualify? That just means days more to wait. I hate this damn disease.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

Sas, nice to see you,if only for one word. Take care.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

ah Mary - dealing with anybody these days is just about enough to drive you to drink.  Congratulation, though, on your Anniversary.  Hubby and I have been together for 35, but married 23.  :)

• ChickaD
    edited September 2013

Home safe and sound   3 units of blood...that took all day....I think I feel better but going to sleep since I got up so early for my vacation today...they said I would feel better tomorrow! 

• duckyb1
    edited September 2013

Chick honey.....rest well dear friend....hugs

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited September 2013

Hi Sheila pleased to see another downunder chook. I am certainly too old to be a chick. Yes it usually refers to an older woman - its sort of a term of endearment especially when you have done something a bit silly. So that said it probably applies to us.

Have had a quite day. DH not well and so had to see doctor- he has to be very careful with throat infections as he has an artificial valve in his heart.

will look at posting more pictures today.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,288
    edited September 2013

Chick....quiest hugs and hoping tomorrow finds you feeling loads better.  Three pints of blood sounds exhausting.....so rest well.  Sending hugs and soothing, healing thoughts to you.  See you tomorrow.

Alyson....hope your hubby gets rested and well  soon too.

Lilli

• ChickaD
    edited September 2013

Love you all for caring!