edited September 2013

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Wake UP girls!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited September 2013

Morning gals. Off to Sunday School shortly.

Allyson - I love the holy Batman. That's me flying down the road. Wasn't it the Mad Hatter who use to to recite "late, late, for an important date"?

Chevy - sometimes I open a new window and google what time is it in honolulu (or whatever place you want). It puts a box at the top of the google search and all you have to do is refresh. It's 7:56 am here (6:56 am your time and 2:56 am in Honolulu). And they don't observe daylight savings time - thankyou Mr. Google. I couldn't believe there was only 5 hours difference from my time. And you're right Juliaanna seems to be the nightowl last night tied with Cami.

Cami - sounds like you had a great time at cousins. Tired but happy.

Veggy - did you ever give PCP or onco a call? Hope you are at least beginning to feel better.

We went into Ft. Worth to a memorial service for a friend's mother. At their house happy stories and nibbles. Then went paint shopping, Petsmart, wine store to kill about 2.5 hours. Then out with good portion of group from memorial service to Mexican food night. I may not eat today. LOL. Need to get a$$ moving or I won't be anywhere on time for SS.

Chevy and Sweet Pea - stay dry and high. No Cami - not that kind of high. They need their wits about them. Can you put a pipeline in to Texas? Long range forecast shows little rain.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited September 2013

Morning hooligans

I should be getting my grandies dressed but Granny has let them watch TV so she could drink her coffee. Mummy and Daddy are very strict about TV watching so they have had a bit of a treat this weekend. Think we are going to take them to church which will be fun. even though they have been so good I am tired because I haven't slept as well.

DGS age two and a half told me I didn't need boobs because I didn't have any babies and anyway one was funny and squishy- my foob. It was so cute.

Big hugs to all.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Good Morning hoolies--I'm barely up.

Alyson u'r GS os so funny.. He knows A LOT.

Luv y probably know more areas than I do, but I hope all our Hoolies are safely out of harms way, All I see is flooding--It's raining here now,b ut so far no bad stuff in the reports.

Wow am I tired, I used to be a party girl,now I'm not even a girl anymore. Ohhhh

Well I hope eveyone feels decent today and has a nice Sunday. 

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

LOL!   Click the link to learn how lemons can make your shower curtain look brand-new again!  LINK: http://go.getitfree.us/UXSE

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Man, the flooding just goes on and on!  People still getting airlifted from their houses...with their pets...  More rain coming in.  Can't believe all the damage.  Over 300 still missing, or haven't been heard from. 

The flooding started in the middle of the night, and came so fast that a lot of people didn't even know what was happening....  We just got a LOT of rain here, but no flooding....  Most of it is SouthEast in Aurora, besides Boulder...ALL of Boulder, and then further North and West.  Little mountain towns have been made Islands.  Can't get in or out..... 

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Good morning hooligans!

Chevyboy....my word your state looks horrible in the news this am....are you floating?  What a lovely state for all this home wrecking and human loss.

I feel so bad for all the residents and animals there.......Mother Nature!!.....or mother f****r?!!

Di

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited September 2013

Luvmygoats - Yep I called my PCP Friday and he had me go pee in a cup and then prescribed antibiotics. Feeling dizzy today on top of everything else.

I can't believe all this crap happening in Colorado. I have friends visiting out there. Chevy keep safe.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Veggy I think it takes about 5 days for the anti's to make u feel better.

CHEVY--BOULDER? That a big area--It doesn;t seem these rains are going to stop, It's terrible, all the people, homes--Veggy I hope u'r friends aren't anywhere near that. Chevy how far do u live from those areas ? All the people missing too,

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited September 2013

5 days?!!! I'll be just about done with them by then.

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Hi gals... Yes, Veggy... about at least 2-3 days for antibiotics to work?  In pill form!  A shot starts faster....Hope you feel better soon.... can you take Meclazine over the counter for the dizziness?   Where are your friends visiting?  I remember sometimes antibiotics can also make you dizzy!  Can you call your pharmacist? 

I've been watching the News, until it just gets to you, and then I turn it....It's still raining here!  Boulder isn't that far from where we live in West Highlands.... Did any of you go to Elitch's amusement park when it was on 38th and Tennyson?  We live just 2 blocks from there.  Boulder is about 20 miles NorthWest of us....  CU campus got a lot of damage....  So many little streams around there.... THEN the rivers turning into torrential mud slides.  Up around the Poudre River, Big Thompson, all flowing into the Platte, is where all the damage is.  The smaller mountain towns up above Boulder is where they got hit the hardest.   Supposed to maybe slow down by tomorrow....  But people who are still in their homes will be without power or water for a few weeks....

I know Di.... they have rescued a lot of animals....  I know we will ALL help out in one way or another....  Donations coming in.... volunteers also helping with food and supplies.  I don't know what I would DO if something like this happened to us or my Daughter....  She is leaving for Orlando Tuesday, and I can't believe how MUCH I will miss her!   Just 5 days, but I don't think a Mom ever stops worrying, no matter how old those kids get.  I've always been so close to her....  We just depend on each other.... in one way or another....  Mostly just BEING there, always.    She is 52, but looks like she is 25, and of course I still think of her as 12.... Ha!

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

Chevy, do you remember the Big Thompson flood in 75? Than there was one in the late 60s when the Platte flooded through Denver. We lived in SE Denver, near Cherry Creek Reservoir. Our house was on a hill so we could watch as the flood waters reached each power station on the river and the section of the city went dark.

Do you know if the two climbers on Longs Peak were rescued? They were caught in an ice storm..telephoned for help..but the roads were washed out so no rescue could be started.

I'm in pacific time zone so it always looks like I'm up really late-bedtime is usually midnight for me. Too many years working swing shift!

Hope everyone is enjoying the last day of the weekend.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2013

I enjoy hearing from you Julia.

Chevy, I'm 4 hours earlier than you and Juliaanna is 1 hour.                                                             Cammi, I'm 5 hours earlier than you and Julia is  2 hours.

DH and I went out to a coffee shop dinner and a movie yesterday evening. It was nice. No good movies happening, we saw The Family - entertaining but a lot of violence. Wish they made better quality movies for the price. It was good to get out of the house and into some air conditioning.

So sad about the flooding your way, Chevy. Praying that everyone left makes it safely.

Love to you, Blondette.

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Yes Juliaanna.... The climbers were rescued!  Snowstorms up in the high country!

http://www.9news.com/news/article/355063/222/Two-climbers-awaiting-rescue-on-Longs-Peak

And yes, I remember those floods also!   We went driving around about a week after the Platte flooded, and could still see the water-lines on the buildings.... It's just hard to believe so much damage!  And YOU could watch it.... Man, it is so scary!

Okay, Ha!  I'll remember that Shells..... maybe...Wink   So you saw The Family?  I WONdered if it was any good.... I know, sometimes so much violence is just a big turn-off for a good movie....  Same as reading 50 Shades of Gray.... After awhile all that sex is ALSO a big turn-off!  I never thought I would THINK that one, but you just get BORED with it after awhile...  

Veggy, you doing okay?

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Oh, I forgot!

DD sent me this..... Wink

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Just made an omelette in this sweltering heat, and instead of eating with DH, sitting on the couch holding ice packs to my gummy bear foobs. They don't cool down or warm as fast as native ones do. Just moved the ice packs to my short sleeve covered armpits.....ahhhh, now I can eat.

Tried to tell DH and he said "tell your doctor" - likes that's gonna help!

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Oh Chevy I didn't reaize it was so close to you, u've got to really wstch what's going on. And yes I watch the news then I change it= it's tough to watch. Just be careful.

I;m so tired, I'll check back later.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Well today was fdil shower, boy am I glad thats over...I dont do well in a room full of people I dont know..she got lots of things she wanted so that was good..Sister from Tenn. was in last night and we had a good time. Shes on her way to Fla. to visit our other sister, wish I was going with her instead of starting this damn chemo.Chevy, both my cousin and my uncle are in Boulder,uncle got flooded, cousin didnt, tis really bad though.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

Shells

Um, could you define " sweltering"

heat, Hawaiin style for me? If you say 80 with a breeze I'm on a plane. It was 92 today, humidity about 70. I'm ready for fall!

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Spookie it finally got cooler here and last night I had to wer a jacket sitting on the porch and of course a blanket, but it was so much nicer that all that heat and humidity finally the a/c is off.

Mary I always miss something, what day are u starting the new chemo? And I'm glad u had a good week=end.

Chevyyyyy I wrote another letter to the state, they are going to put me away, I just know it, but I had to say what I had to say. I'm such a bi*ch. I never read directions either.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Chevy....think I need some MAJOR CPR.....send those firemen my wayWink......

never mine, they would cut open my shirt, see my foobs that need tweakin' and they would cringe and let me die....but good lookin' young men none the lessLaughing

Di

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited September 2013

Lol Di, "they would cut open my shirt and see my foobs that need tweakin' ".  That cracked me up.  With foobs at least you're trying!  With me, they would see one big old chester and it's neighbor, my 10-inch scar.  Then I'd have to rescue him when he passed out from the trauma.   Hey, not a bad idea!   Okay Chevy, send one this way.

Hi miss cammomile.  Glad you're still writing!

It's cool and rainy here. High today was 65 at the most.  I had a pajama day today.  My stomach was not happy.  It's probably wondering WTH is going on without chemo.  The good news is a little less pain in my hands and feet. Yippee!  The increased gabapentin may be working.

Okay, time to download another trashy novel to read!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited September 2013

He would cut open my shirt and yell "I need back up, I got two old bags here and ones been cut up bad!"

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

Well, the guy on the left has bigger boobs than I had before.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited September 2013

Lol chabba!

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

S-Mom: Florida doesn't count - that place is HOTTER and MORE HUMID than anywhere!

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited September 2013

send them my way - i'll send them on when i get bored....  

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

What are we talking about--boobs, foobs, or concave chests. Or all of the above.?

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

who knows WTH you hooligans are up to - GO TO SLEEP