Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2013

I find it so hard......I am not a drinker of anything, so I dehydrate really easy....could be my biggest problem, and the easiest one to solve....but I don't do it.......

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited September 2013

Im not a drinker either. I have to force it down. I get my 4 pints of water ready ad guzzle them down. I could gag. UTI's aren't any fun either is getting hydration at the hospital.

• duckyb1
    edited September 2013

Veggy.....speaking of guzzle.....my Dr told me (when I said what I did with guzzling).....your doing yourself no good.......that water is "in and out"........you are suppose to do this over the whole day of waking hours...........not in 3 hours, so what your doing is as bad as not drinking at all........lol........he actually walked in the examine room and saw me guzzling........he said..."what do you call what your doing"..........the rest is the story I just told....lol

• duckyb1
    edited September 2013

Drank 16 ounces do far.....it's ridiculous and I know it....so rightfully I deserve to be fizzy, achy, fatigued and all the other crap that goes along with being dehydrated. My daughter said....you don't want to help yourself, do on' dare mention another ailment you have to me.....this one walks sound with a bottle of water stripped to her hip,......and her 12 year old daughter too........also my grandson......she trained them well, but failed with me ...lol...lol

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

I bought a Camelbak water bottle at a sporting goods store. They have 2 sizes and are BPA free. The top is a straw and I find it easy to sip if it's sitting within arms reach. I like it cool, but not iced.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Hmmm I feel like pole dancing today....damn you Miss Cami and your hooker blood...lol

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

When at work I drink tea all day.  When I'm home I drink water all day.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Ducky, read what you wrote again!  So you walked around stripped to the hipt!!!  No WONDER the Pilot spends all his waking moments there! 

You know that gal I met, that was going through cancer treatment?  They gave her my number, and she called!  I guess they took off a lot of her breast, but she is going for surgery in October for a mastectomy!  They gave her chemo to shrink what was left, I guess?  She said she had a tumor the size of an inflated bagel in her breast....  I don't understand why they didn't do a mastectomy to begin with? 

She said she would have to have radiation after.  The neuropathy in her feet is hurting her the worst.  She said she took Taxil???? Is that right?  And that it was THAT that caused her awful foot pain.  She is hoping it goes away...  But I'm glad we finally got to talk more....

I'm always drinking something all day also!  Either coffee in the mornings, juice, then a Starbucks and then a coke or can of tea!  I KNOW water is better, but I don't have any problems...

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2013

Chevy - you're an angel. Ducky, you're incorrigible, and so are you, Cammi. 

Chickster - pole dancing? Maybe I should ask for a blood transfusion, too.

• duckyb1
    edited September 2013

Ok....lol....meant strapped to my daughters waist.......lousy spellcheck....lol.....now me......stripped to my waist makes sense.......ask the Pilot.

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Yeah, that's more like it Ducky....Ha!   I thought I was reading Cammi, there for a minute!  Wink

And Shells!  I'm am "Angel!"..... Now THERE'S a stretch!   You must be thinking of someone else...?  Maybe not!  Oh, you mean, because I got a hold of that lady?  Okay.... yes I am!  I just don't have a clue on how to talk to her......  She said something about "chemo-brain" and I just told her that is only temporary, LIKE I KNOW!   But she is very forgetful.... and has a hard time reasoning....  She forgot most of our conversation, but I talked to her again, about the same things.... no problem....   She has a hard road ahead of her.... How long does chemo forgetfulness last?  I just encourage her, no matter what she told me.... 

I don't know about "family."  I just know she has a husband, and that they had lost EVERYthing, but are renting now.... they have it rough.  But she was so happy about the care she is getting from St. Joseph's AND some womans group!   I can only support her.... maybe someone for her to talk to, even though I don't know what I am talking about!   shut up Cammi! 

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013

I'm still sick feeling - I drink but really have to watch what I eat and then yesterday I had my first migraine in about 10 years Tongue Out 

Bland diet for a bit I think - How do you stop from being constipated on a bland diet??? Pain meds are doing a number on me.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited September 2013

Sorry, I should have worded it better...drink (not guzzle).The chemo doctors and nurses didn't teach me the proper way to hydrate. They told me to drink. So far my guzzling has kept me hydrated. Sorry for using the wrong words.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Gma it's not so much the diet as it probably is the pain meds. U can no doubt take a fiber lax or something the Dr. can tell u u can take. It can really hurt.

Chevy that is so nice of u to talk to that lady, u are a comfort to her. Don't tell her but chemo brain can last up to 20 yrs--Mayo clinic just figured out, but it's probably at it's worse during chemo. It does sound strange that they didn't just remove her breast, I mean if it was that bad. But Drs. usually follow protocol depending on all the tests she had. And most are so afraid of all of this, it's hard to think straight anyway so at first chemo brain was not recognized and now it finally is.

Hey Chickyboomboom u got the hooker blood be thankful u can even think about a pole. It might come from one of Phyloex-con's friends and u'll start to dodge the law. Who knows.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Chevy, is your friend done with chemo? chemo brain can last awhile, im afraid. I think thats grteat that you reached out to her.Im sure it made her day. I drink pedialyte when Im dehydrated in fact I drink it when Im not just a glass or two a day, it helps.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Okay....question for anyone with medical knowledge .....

When you get a FLU shot can you get the injection it in either arm or only the non cancer side, even though I had a bilateral MX....where do I get my flu shot i???....Leg?

Last September I did not know I had cancer, so am ready go get my flu shots NOW....I don't want LE

SurprisedHELP!!!!!!!

Di

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Good question Miss Di...and is it ok to get a flu shot while going thru chemo and rads?

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

ChickyD.....I am happy you are feeling better with your Hooker blood.

I only had 2 unit/transfusion post partum in '73 and at that time they put the donors name on the bags of blood....I only got blood from two different MEN...(testoserone), and after having a BIG baby I was NOT in the mood!

Di

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Di---hahahahaha

Teka I guzzled and held my nose at the same time--it works.

OK my medical knowledge isn't much but here goes--When I was still going every week but at the end they were giving a flu shot to anyone that wanted it, so as everyone was rolling up their sleeves I gave my opinion loud, very loud I said my dad got one flu shot and was sick all winter and never got another, my girlfriend got one and had a heart attack a few days later, then someone I worked with got one and was off for 6 weeks--wel as everyone was rolling their sleeves down my onc came out and said Now what did u say, everybody changed their mind and u should get one too. I don't think so---so no one got the flu shot that day. So that's my medical knowledge.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

I asked MO last year about flu shot, I was still doing chemo. He said no. Done with everything now, asked today, said ok. I'd ask my MO just to be sure.

If you already have LE, get any puncture in the non LE side.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

ChickasexyD, Check with your docs about the flu shot.

Di, you could get your shot in the non-cancer side, butt or thigh.  You would probably need to go the your MD to get it other than in the arm.  Walk in clinics usually just do the arm.

Sas, How are you doing?  

Chevy, How wonderful to connect with the woman of a serendepitous  meeting.

Shells, Do you have to wear scrubs or real clothes for your job?  Is a shopping expedition in your future?

Had my MO and GYN appointments this week.  Everything is fine, pending the pap results.

Greetings to everyone else!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

Chickie, Definitely ask your onc that question.

Di, I would use the side that didn't have nodes removed. If they took nodes on both sides, there's a flu vaccine that's a nasal spray.

Gma, I would blame the pain meds also. Get a stool softener for sure. I think I would ask about the fiber. You might be able to get the stool softener over the counter. They gave me one along with the vicodin.

Chevy, You can be a safe person for that lady to talk to. Listening is very comforting.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

The nasal flu spray can only be used by folks between the ages of 2 and 49.

Gma, Senna S is usually a good one for constipation.  It can be obtained over the counter.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Hi hands hurt :) Miss you

foley constipation thread--10 pages on pooping solutions :)

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=6&id=781867&page=1

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

You can get flu shot on either side provided you don't have LE which sometimes occurs  after axillary (armpit) lymph node removal. If you didn't have axillary nodes removed (only sentinal nodes) or don't have LE, either side is ok. If in doubt, you can get it on the healthy side where no lymph nodes were removed.

Julia - I will continue to wear street clothes. Have to use my car for patient visits. It will be nice to have dental coverage again!

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Gma I forgot about the spray, but Julia I didn't know there was an age thing involved with it. Now see that to me is amazing going from a shot to a nasal spray--that a huge advnce..

Shell this job sounds so wonderful for u, it's gotta to be so exciting to start something that sounds so interesting. I'm so happy for u--it's u'r time now u worked very hard on this. U should be so proud of u'rself as we all are.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,280
    edited September 2013

Good Morning from Illinois.

Lilli

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013
    Morning gals...  Hi Mary & Cammi.... yes, "Judy" just finished chemo, and I think it was "Doxil?" She thinks that is what caused the neuropathy that is bothering her so much..... 

She had shown me a scar, so maybe they took off what they could, and NOW doing a mastectomy after the chemo?  Man, I don't know.  She also said she had an MRI and that the other breast was okay... and that the node that was "positive" was no longer positive?  Because the chemo cleared it up?  Maybe she isn't quite sure what she means. 

All I know is her surgery for the mastectomy is coming up...  and she is afraid!  I don't know why she waited so long, to try and get treatment.  But she said they lost their business and home, and had no insurance, so she was thankful that St. Joseph's and a woman's organization is taking care of this... 

Thanks Wren, yes, I think I can only listen to her, because I sometimes don't know what she is talking about.... 

Hell, sometimes I don't even know what I AM talking about...Ha! 

Sassy!  So do you know what is wrong with your hands?  Damn girl!   Between the both of us, we can usually at least fix HANDS!   I'm writing my flare-ups down....  I know about the MBT...and other chemicals and inhalants.  BUT I still get flare-ups!  So I'm thinkin' it is only once a month...(like I said) so I am on a mission to  track this thing down.    I'M thinking that it is hormonal.... which has happened before... now I just have to prove it.

Okay, I'll play Doctor!....... WHAT did you get into?  What did you eat, or get around, like inhalants?   Or do you think it is internal?   WHAT about those guys that come spray your yard for bugs and things?

THAT could be a big one!  I cannot be around any sort of weed, bug or any kind of spray on chemical.... Not even when they spray paint on the streets.... or spray epoxy in businesses.  I'll bet it's your bug guys! 

The spraying could be residual... like on your plants and lawn? 

Okay, so now I more than likely fixed Sass.... what ELSE can I do....

Who ELSE can I fix?  Ha! 

Cammirabblerouser!  You little dickens you!  Raising all kinds of hell and all they wanted was a shot?  So I guess this means you didn't even get a shingles shot?   We NEED those!  Maybe not a shot of Tequila, but for SURE a shingles shot! 

And Chickers needs a Pole?  She is out parading her wares?   JUST because she got blood?   And then Di, is now sporting around manly-man stuff?   What's with you gals?

If I have to come OVER there, you will stay in your rooms with the door shut! 

I've been answering a gal on another thread about Tamoxifen!  GEEZ! I hate when someone else is afraid of losing their hearing...OR this dreaded tinnitus!  

So hello to Juliaanna, Shells, Spookie and Veggy!  And Morning to you little miss Lilli!  Love you guys! xoxoxo
  • shellshine
    edited September 2013

It's awfully quiet around here without Sassy weighing in. Does anyone know why her hands hurt?

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Morning Shells.... No...I don't know!  I'll try and call her this afternoon...