Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited September 2013

My stupid iPad won't let me post nothin fun :0(

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

GMA that was adorable.

Lynne u work hard and at home to--but I hope it's worth it--That can really catch on to be a great career. I don't know where u get the energy, but bless you.

Chevy u have enough effort to feed chickens and at our age we should be happy.. so I shall never tease u about the talking and all the menutia of this chicken thing blah blah blah, Yes I will and I'm LION cuz I'll never let it go. But u stuck out a lot of years on the fence and I give u credit and I feel bad for u Shell this is not easy it crawls into every aspect of u'r life if u let it. U ladies are quite courageous and u'r DH are very lucky to have u. I could never do that, hell I didn't do it.

I have to call in my meds--I wish they were all due at the same time, they're all due at funky times chit.

hahaha I told u I was going out to dinner Sat. nite for my Brothers BD- IDK about 35-40 people--he's 80 OMG 80 my brother it scary but in my head I have out on 3 outfits so far jewelrey, shoes and all HMMM I still have to decide see how difficult this is for me.-Skirt, dress, pants--I don't know yet most importantly I have to have comfortable shoes --so important and so difficult---my feet change all the time within hrs. so it's a pain.Sometimes only on change but I'll have to wear my wraps for sure on my feet. That does help.

Well again 3 cups of coffee and I'm ready for a nap.WTF Imagine if I didn't drink any coffee, un;ess my DD is drugging me. Oh I watch to many crime shows.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Shell. Now I wanna go watch the movie!

Chevy. Too bad it wasn't a sexaholics meeting. That mighta been interesting!

I hate that all you nice ladies is dealing with all this cow poopie. I sure hope better daze ahead for all of us real soon and other than stupid cancer and being broke I don't gotz much to bitch about. Even my teenagers don't cause me too much trouble, oops shouldn't jinx meeself. Knocking on wood rite now

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Oh Lynn thank God u have good kids, that's  big deal especially nowadays--Mine are in their 40's and I have to say they are good to me, a little overprotective that's aggrevating if it was up to them I'd be in the ER every other day--I think they just want to get rid of me sometimes, but basically they're OK. And I hve the same problem of being broke, I hate it--I never had big money but always enough to live comfortably at my choosing not anymore so I always compkain--that what I do best complain. So just ognore me, most do. LOL

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013

Cami - my energy comes from Nuvigil... I only have to take a half of the low dose to keep me awake at the early hours. Discussed yesterday with the doc that one of the SEs is high bp and asked if I got off of it would it help.. She said keep on what works and that it had like a 3% effectiveness??? on raising BP???   Sometimes I wish I would tape what she says.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Cami,

They really are good kids. Too smart for my own good but I tell them they need to get good jobs so they can afford to out me in a good home where they won't steal my chocolate bars and be mean to me!

The oldest is ranked 1st in his class outta 500 and some and the first thing he does everyday is his homework. How do you complain about that? He won't drive though. I know he is kinda scared cuz lots a traffic around here but then he also says "I don't want to have to run stupid errands for you!". Really? Little turd! He plays clarinet.

The second is near photographic memory which can be really annoying! He remembers everything and is too smart for his own good. Several perfect test scores on state exams. Doesnt apply himself as well tho creative genius that doesn't know when to come in out of the rain.Talented too. Freshman and just made sr. Improv troup..plays guitar, French horn, trumpet and sings and dances too. I keep threatening to pimp him to nickelodeon or Disney. I'm just not pushy enough to be a stage mom. Sure would help being broke though! Broke really blows!

Third just turned 11 and is my problem child. Dennis the menace meets Pig Pen! He was born with part of his brain missing and we cut him slack for too long. Just so happy he could do everything that we let him do anything and created our own monster. But when they sent him home and said he might never walk talk or even roll over, we would have let him swing from the chandelier just because he could. Paying the price now but he is a great kid, just a little pig heade. Don't know where he gets that! He sings and dances and tried his hand at drums but didn't like teacher telling him what to do. Did I say pig headed?

Fourth. Finally got the girl! She is 9 going on 29! Her pic is on blog with a cold cap on! She sings, dances ballet, jazz, modern and hip hop and has been playing guitar for 2 years. Smart too but too whiney about her homework. She doesn't like it when I tell her she is getting bitchy in her old age!

Ok I'm done braggin'. Overprotective is good and I know mine want to get rid of me some days! And can I just say again BROKE SUCKS.

Off to bake more cookies. Pictures of some of my cakes at www.BoxCarToGo.com. Food pics are just clip art stuff but cakes are mine. Naughty ones aren't there though :0) yes I do those too!

Have a great day!

Forgot to mention #1 is 6'1" with bright red curly hair and #2 is 6'2-3" and wears size 15 sneakers. Lord help me feed them!
  • spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

Shells

A good pain doc should know about an implanted. Permanent. Pain pump. It's under the skin, has remote separate contrôler. Runs a small continuous drip, usually morphine. Or has he tried fentanyl patches?

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Gma. You can tape what she says. I have done that at doc appts. What kind of phone do you have? Or get a little recorder. Or I take my list of questions in writing, two copies and go over them making notes on my copy as they answer.

Did I mention my docs love me and out my first name down as PITA? (pain in their ...). Actually they do love me, of course they do, why shouldn't they. Just because they threaten to drive to my house and unplug my Internet so I can't come up with any more questions!

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited September 2013

Hi my beautiful, smart, funny, classy hooligans...

Days behind but I caught up...

Mary so glad your daughter is okay. So glad your first infusion went okay!! No fun feeling puky though... Are meds helping yoU?? You are such a fighter F-Cancer!!!

Blondie well I agree with Shells and Juliaanna maybe a aspira drain would help you the best and any results given from the fluid they pulled off. In your pocket always ;)

Welcome 4seewhat... You definetly fit in this crew!!! Your blog is great :) thank u for sharing!!

Sass so glad u are slightly better!! I know I was late in reading but I missed reading your posts.

Ugh my skin broke out in this almost chicken pox appearing rash just on the right side of my body... Dermatologist thought a hypersensitivity or folicularitis. It showed up right after last radiation therapy. No one can tell me what it is... Had a biopsy and results are still not back. Go in for my drug targeted chemo today... See what the oncologist thinks... So frustrated :( just looks awful just right arm and right mid line to right lateral line abd. My fellow hooligans any ideas??

ChickaD hope you are feeling better... In your pocket in Nov. you will do great!!!

Chevy hope to see you soon?! Is Alison still in town??

Hugs xoxoxo

Sweet Pea

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

StaceyLee.....did your doctor mention Shingles......did you ever have chicken pox?

Some cases it is in several dermatones rather than just one.

I had shingles in my late 40's and it was the worst most painful  thing for about 6 weeks and I had it over several dermatones on my right side from low back to under belly (I was Morbidly Obese at the time) and my "private land" and the crease of my right leg. The first sign for me was chicken pox like blisters sores right at my waist line so I thought it was my pant's/jeans labels giving me an irritation.

To all---> get a shingles shot, if you ever had chicken pox.  

Di

I got one because I never want to experience that again....give me a surgery any day!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2013

Stacey......wow check for shingles......before I had Rads I got the shingles vaccine......it was advised by my RO, and my PCP........Medicare covered it....now not sure about anyone under 65, but it is worth it........seen shingles and it is painful........

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Morning gals!  Waiting for Alyson to call!  I can't meet her, because we had appointments, but we'll catch up on the phone!  I don't know how long she will be here Sweet Pea, but maybe we can meet some other time?

And look up shingles online!  It shows pictures....! 

So make sure you find out!  You can treat it, but you have to know what it is!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

Yes, do bring up shingles. They have drugs that help if given early. DH got it on his head and forehead. They were worried about his eye, but got it stopped before then.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

My SIL just e-mailed to say that they "flushed his lungs" about her son-in-law who has emphysema and is on a ventilator. How do they do that without drowning him? Anyone know?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Stacey, It does sound like Shingles, but odd the dermatologist woundn't commit. But my dermatoligist is the same way. Many things go through biopsy and cultering before final diagnosis. I did have a contact dermatitist after colin resection. The area did look similar to Shingles. Honey crusted and weeping. Painless if I remember correctly. Since it was directly below the tegaderm dressing removed at discharge and betadine applied , it was easier to make the contact dermatitis diagnosis. 

Yours is more deciminated. It's also following dermatone planes in that it hasn't crossed the midline. It will be interesting to see if they give you Chemo today and continue rads.

Babe you should consider reverse isolation. I know OCD, but skin is disrupted and lymph has been interrupted. Immune system comprimised. Until they have a clue, you need to be protected. That's a bit of a key. It's unknown. If it is Shingles they can give you Achylivoir IV.

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

Lilli--cute furbaby, very cute. :)

Foley GERDS. Coffee would be a good thing to cut first__OH NO NOT COFFEE LOL. It can be done. Basically, caffiene stuff. We each have foods or meds that make the stomach over produce acid.

Look at dailymed.org to review your drugs for being troublemakers.

Trivial pursuit: found something on the Proton Pump Inhibitors PPI--prilosec(omeprazole), protonix, aciphex, Nexium(second generation prilosec) a few weeks ago that surprised me. They need to be weaned over several weeks. Found that odd b/c that's the first time I read that, and PPI's have been around for almost 20 years(?). 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

PPIs can also contribute to bone loss, osteoporosis.

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

Shells, the docs will poopoo the suggestion. The cast needs to be removed and the arm looked at underneath.  Multiple cases over the years, won't bore you with stories. He has general pain control now, but he's likely on dilaudid IV. Still complains of surgical site pain. This far post op it's an unusual complaint.

He had problems from the gitgo. They cracked the cast. Doesn't mean they totally relieved the problem.

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

Wren, It' called pulmonary toilet. Done with saline. Very specific protocol. Google--"ventilator patient care". It's to get out all the dried secretions. Dried secretions can impair air exchange and be a set up for infection. Ventilators can cause dried secretions. They usually have humidification, but this is a further cleansing.  Sorry he's on a ventilator :(

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

My contact dermatitis on chest and abdomen is clearing. :)

Talked with PhyllyinMDAnderson. She's got some news, but having trouble getting on BCO. Prepare to celebrate!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2013

Shingles are usually confined to one side of he body and follow a nerve pattern called a dermatone. They usually are fluid filled little vesicles and hurt like hell.

Wren - may have been bronchoscopic lavage with saline to remove secretions, or postural drainage with "cupping" to loosen them.

Don't watch that movie - it's scary as hell - and gross. I had to read an hour with 3 cups of camomile tea to get to sleep. Boy do I feel rested, though! 

photo f71e26c7-af4a-45bf-9c10-4d2daa75de5c_zpsf8725394.jpg

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

I was riding with my Daughter, for her Dermatology appt. and we got rear-ended!  What a shock!  Damn girl was on her phone.... We were waiting in the merge lane, to pull out into traffic, and she just slammed right into us.

I thought my DD would smack her!  She said she was on her phone, and didn't see us!  Well, this 1995 purple Berretta is pretty big!  Damnit anyway.  The gal was looking at her front bumper, and DD yelled "You are looking at YOUR car!  Look what you did to mine!" She was driving a big SUV.....

DD works so hard, takes very good care of that old car, never been in an accident, and now they probably won't give her much for that old car, but it was all she had! 

The gal had insurance...blah-blah.   Have to wait and see what they say.   Didn't call the Police, because we really weren't hurt, the car was okay to drive, and we got all the information.  She COULD have been cited for that, if we would have called the Police.  But she said she was in a hurry, and late anyway, and she works with little kids.... that's all I had to hear....

Oh well....   Could have been worse....

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited September 2013

Chevy - Hope you got cell pictures and pictures of her insurance card. I was backed into in WalMart last year by a Cadillac Escalade. I have an Equinox - "I didn't see you and my back up alarm didn't sound". Well yippy skippy what a dodo bird. Her insurance paid to repair the dents in my car door. Glad everyone is OK.

Sassy - will wait with bated breath for Phyllogoodnews. And glad your dermatitis is subsiding.

Shells - ((((HUGS)))) for you. Hope pain docs find something for DH.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

Chevy - I wish you had called the cops.  She was LATE???  THAT was her excuse to leave? pah!!! People need to be cited for texting and driving so they LEARN THAT IT IS F**KING DANGEROUS!!!!!  I have almost been hit more times than I can tell you, and even more times wanted to take a baseball bat to some idiot who is sitting at a green light texting away, not realizing he/she is holding up traffic.  #$%^ Sometimes I really really hate technology.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

AMEN...GardenGumpy!....my daughter was rear ended at a high rate of speed by a girl that was texting and spun my daughter around and totaled her car (that was 1 payment away from being paid off).  My daughter had months Doctors visits,  PT, massage therapy and has a hip problem which needs surgery.  The girl that hit my daughter car flipped over (wheels up) and slid into a ditch.....the tricky high power lawyer from Bellevue($$$$) that represents the girl was texting has delayed and delayed a trial for over 4 years (texter girl  was in an another accident less than a month before  the accident with my daughter)....most of the eye witnesses have now disappeared, Although police reports have names of witnesses. The case goes to trial in Dec.

Di

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

Chevy, pm'ing

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited September 2013

Lost my damn post. Sassy, please feel free to post my news.  Stupid hotspot.

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

PHILLYNEWSSOGOOD. I'll give a teaser, this is too good for you not to share it.

NO rads!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

Fantastic!!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Im off to bed girls, have felt like shit all day. Dont know whats going on.Be back tomorrow...