Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited September 2013

"The Love Boat, soon will be making another round!". Tell Gopher and Captain Stubbing the rest of us say hi!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2013

Ok - you just rub it in Chickster - but really, you deserve it!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Chickieboomboom u deserve every level of that boat--enjoy. I know u wil.

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

AND..... Ladies (and I use the term loosely) and Gentleman (singular), get the last word in tonight. 💃

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013

Looks like you did get the last word last night, Shells. I guess i got the first word this morning. LOL.

• gmafoley
    edited September 2013

Doc wants to see me again even though all my labwork came back "within normal limits".. I must admit this dizziness and nausea is a pain in the butt! Or gutt so to speak..

Let the Laughing Begin... 

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Good Mornin' Hoolies

GMA what is that thing, it might be laughing but what is it? OK So now the Doc wants to see u. Does this every end? U said all labs were good, it must be about u'r tummy and dizzy stuff. Hopefully u'll get some help.

I's like no one is up yet and I'm late this morning.

• gmafoley
    edited September 2013

Just me that gets up before the chickens for work.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

It's always about chickens isn;t it.? I'm sorry u still don't feel good and still have to work.

• gmafoley
    edited September 2013

Cami - I have a weighing process every morning when it get up - Do I want a roof over my head? or Do I want to quit my job? The roof over my head always wins..

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

GMA believe me I give u lots of credit--my roof was taken away, couldn't work anymore but I tried so that's why I give u credit.

• gmafoley
    edited September 2013

Its real hard and I cry alot.  Don't know what I'm going to do when I lose my little insurance at the fabric store.. The sent me a letter that they will no longer be giving insurance to part timers.

On the other hand, My son got me this home computer job and it saved our house.. We were a week away for being forclosed on..

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited September 2013

Ladies! Just had mammo on Lefty. All Clear on that one. More results on Thursday! I got lucky with a wireless connection at the same time I feel good. A miracle! Love you all!

• gmafoley
    edited September 2013

Great news Phyllis!!! 

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Oh yay Phyllis!!!!Gma Im so sorry you're still not feeling well. Did fairly well on my Gemzar yesterday. Feeling a little pukey but thats it. Still having problems with the chest wall tumor, finally did a culture on it yesterday, the infection is just not going away.Switched my antibiotic so maybe that will help. Kept gs last night and he was up at 5 this morning on the go as usual.Been napping all afternoon getting caught up.

• gmafoley
    edited September 2013

Mary I think the frustration for me is that there is no reason for me to have so much trouble... My sister healed up had the exact same treatment and is fine... Sorry I'm whining.  I just want to get on with my life and enjoy it.. I don't understand...

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Is that the elusive Phyllo I have heard so much about. Good news about lefty!

Gma. Sorry you still feelin crappy. Understand the roof though. I juggle the bills every paycheck. Pay the electric, pay the mortgage or eat and have gas money. Just sucks. a while back they were threatening our house too, and heaven help us if a car breaks down! Notmgettin one of those any time soon. I gotta work this week too and don't really feel like it either :0(

Mary, glad pukey is all that came from yesterday. Hope it goes away quick and nothin else takes its place. Hope new antibiotic helps too.

My lefty is in the hazardous waste bin for almost a week now. Path came back all clear but said "atypical lobular hyperplasia". Probably how the other one started too! Good frickin riddens! Went to PS today and he pulled one drain and gave me a fill up too. Now on to rads Monday

You ladies have been at this much longer than me but I sure hope the ride stops and lets us all off soon!

Good evening to all. Think I am supposed to meet Cami and Dork at the fountain on the other thread?

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

Gma when the aca exchanges start up next month you'll be able to get subsidized insurance. I can't remember if you live in Oregon or Washington right now, but I've heard they both have excellent plan choices.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Oh GMA what GG said sounds good--right???

I'm so sorry u aren't feeling well-=I know what u mean about sisters--we're the same stage and she's older and stil working FT and does sp much, of course I'm glad for her but she stops doing things just when needed and I'm always at the Drs for all types of stupid things that are irreversible the funniest of course is my liver moving into my ribs.  SoI know that feeling of when wilk I feel good? I guess it's anyone's gues but with all the stress u have I'm sure it doesn't help. I lost my condo and car (it was ooolllddd) but i was mine==that is so stressful I wonder if it's causing u to feel sicker==the worry has to be awful. I didn't worry because i'm so stupid I always think everything will be fine. That's stupid so it helps me but it's not practical. But really most of the time it will be fine--have u thought about reverse mortgage or anything else like a Disability act to lower u'r payments for a length of time--all u need for that is a Drs. report. I really didn't care, I needed new carpeting, curtains new kitxhen floor, and some new fixtures so I couldn't afford anything so i thought the hell with it. I lved there almost 20 years and did love living alone. but it's not to be. But u can still do things to help u'r self with it. Have u looked into these possibilities.?

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Oh Phylly and Mary - so glad things are going okay for you.

Very tiring day today - DH had his 4th ER visit this year yesterday and today is his third hospital admission - they're  keeping him for 2 days - intractable pain despite potent narcotics When I took him to the ER his blood alcohol was also high. hI didn't even know there was alcohol in the house.  I seem to be handling everything fine - just very very tired. Tomorrow I'm going to stay home and try to get caught up on everything so I'm ready for work next week - will visit DH at dinnertime - he said no problem - feels bad that this has been so hard on me. I will sleep GOOD tonight!

(edited - TMI)

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

Shells, Sorry to hear of your difficulties. You have enough on your plate getting ready to start your job. Hope the doc and your DH find a solution to his problems soon. Enjoy your night alone.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Morning gals....  Sorry Shells....  I understand.  You know, my Mom once rounded up all of Dad's bottles she could find.... From the house, the little shed, and their garage...  And she emptied them all, and threw the bottles in the trash.  She had just HAD it.

But it didn't stop my Dad from drinking....  All his promises to her, the AA meetings, etc.  it was just his life.  He drank since he was a kid.  HIS Dad used to take him to the bar with him, sit him on his lap, and give him drinks too. 

One time, while walking their dog, he started hemorrhaging.  From his nose, mouth, EVERYwhere!   After the hospital, he quit smoking, but not drinking.....  My folks stayed together for all their lives.....  Moved away from our "home" when I was 18 and engaged. 

So I didn't have to be around them and their problems after I grew up.  Visits were enough.

I'm just saying this, because I know how you feel....  You love them and yet you hate the way they are.  All you can do is take care of yourself and your Son.   I don't know very many people who go through that dark place, and come out with a sober husband.

So it's hard for me to believe that it's a "disease"....  To me, a disease is something like cancer, or diabetes, etc.  Something you can't control.  I always resented my Dad, for putting us all through hell.  All he had to do is STOP.  You can stop smoking, and drinking, but you can't stop cancer or diabetes. 

Just take care of yourself.... Love your husband for what you want him to be... And Love the beautiful times you will still have together...  Then when you smack him over the head with a cast-iron skillet, you won't feel so bad....

Hang in there, and take good care.... xooxoxo

One Counselor told me "It is called a disease so Insurance companies will cover treatment."  I don't know if he was right or not, but it didn't make ME feel any better. 

It just tears apart families... 

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Shells, hope you got a good rest and thing settle down. My DH is out of own and it was nice to het the whole bed to stretch out in! Good luck with the new job too.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

OK first Good Morning to all---and someone decode what Shell said I don't get this number stuff and what happened to be in the hospital, I thought things were better. He's acted better.

32 diludad, 190 whatever intractble pain, I honestly don't get it. But Shell get a chance to rest and get together for u'r job next week--Nothing is going to stop u--u've worked to hard for this.Living with this is horrible I only did it for a short time, thelast time he had a knife at my neck that was enough for me, I just can't take uneven times. And I have a hard time thinking about the confusion it is, so splain what those #'s are.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2013

My father "step father"........(great guy)..,,,,did the same thing.........finally got very sick and was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, and died..........horrible death..........so sad........drinking and "camel cigarettes" took him from us............how do you help someone who does not want to help themselves.........you can't..........

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,280
    edited September 2013

Hopelessly behind but wanted to say hi and hoping all your problems if large are on their way to being small.

Lilli

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Blessings for patience Miss Shells!

Miss Veggy...how are you doing my friend? Check in when you can.

Love ♥ to everyone else!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited September 2013

I'm okay. I had chemo Monday  so I feel a little tired. I guess that's normal anymore. I have to go pee in a cup today to se if the UTI is cleared up. It looks like it.

My father and uncle would take me fishing with them when I was 2. They would both have their beer next to them. I would be wandering arounding and drinking their beers. They would go and try to drink their beer only to find the bottle empty. They'd blame each other until they saw me staggering. It's a wonder I'm not an alcoholic. I had an early start.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Veggy check in whenever u can and mary too---we're all caring about u.

Chickieboomboom how are YOU doing with the hookers blood that new to you but probably been around a lot of blocks do u feel any urges or just better. Is the pole still up in u'r bedroom?