Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

Shells - sorry to hear about your troubles.  Is part of his drinking self-medication for pain, or would he be drinking anyway?  Anyway, I hope things settle down for you.

GMA - don't compare yourself to your sis.  She's not you.  We all know people who seem like they've got the world by the tail (to us).  If we could peak inside their brains, they could easily be thinking that we're the ones who have the world by the tail and they are in a pit of adversity.  We really don't know what's happening on the inside, we just get appearances - even when it's someone close to us.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Shells sorry more shit. When DH was in the phase of not remembering what and how much he took of pills. I put all controlled substances in a fanny pack--even mine. A little book that I wrote what and when and pain score. My drivers license, insurance cards(both his and mine), one credit card, keys, choas key chain(one house key and one car key). I wore the fanny pack day and night. DH couldn't get at them. It also made for easy quick hospital trips. Plus, I kept his bag packed. We could bug out in under 15 minutes. Got it down to a science.

Gumby, so much in the next few weeks. Hope it all falls into place. :) If you hit Florida , keep me in mind. Maybe the bathroom will be done and I can actually have visitors. We could get together with Spookie and her new CAR!

The contact dermatitis seems to be abating. Waited on the prednisone dose pak to see if it would. Still hoping. 

Veggy and Mary and Blondie feel better :)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Chevy, Like your seashell mobils. Any chance I could buy one? Perfeat for around the pool. I would love the tinkling :) Saw a docs name today Chevilette and thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Cami tanks for all the encouragement to me and to others. Your our "spirit person"(shut up Chevy.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

Sas we might get visitors? That aren't relatives???? Can that happen here????

Woooohoooo GG!!! Come on down!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Hi gals....

Sass, they take a million years to make!  Could you make yourself a shell hanging if I posted pictures of mine, and told you what I used?    I used that "shoe goo" from Walmart... this clear glue in a red and white tube.....  It dries clear, and holds everything.  And I used fishing line, and clear beads tied onto the line, then glued the bead with line onto the shell, spaced however you wanted them.   They really do sound pretty! 

I made one with a big shell my Daughter had sent, and used the line and little shells scattered over the shell, and it hangs in our bathroom.....  Also I glue the tiny shells onto lids of jars that hold "stuff" and some of my creams.

Cammi is a WHAT?  Is she an Alien of some sort?  Ha!   Over at my neighbors house, watching the baby sleep.... and using their HUGE Apple computer screen, and wireless keyboard and mouse!  See Cammi!  I even figured it out....  Wink  Man, this computer is amazing!

Okay.... better go look busy....!  I'll go watch the chickens!  xoxoxo

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Miss Cami....still feeling good...just a little headache from the Herceptin!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Had a busy day today. Talked dh into buying an suv instead of a pick-up. Its a really nice little Kia Sorento, its a little bigger than my Rav 4 and is really all he needs since he still has his van. Much better on gas than a big-ass pick-up. But he seems happy with it, so Im happy for him.AND its fun to drive!Also found ds an old Camaro, still trying to work a deal on that one, having it checked out cause its a 95 model but it is so pretty,so I hope it will work out for him too.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Mary good luck for u'r Son and an SUV makes so much more sense than a truck--so good for u.

Chevy wait u can see u'r neightbors house inside--Now what u going to start stealing babies??? Isn'there a privacy issue    u have to deal with.? Someone has to watch u all the time.

Sas I'm glad u'r a litte better--wow this takes a while--Like Chevy it's alot.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,280
    edited September 2013

What my little guy Baby boss looks like when he gets his hair cut:

Hope you are all having a good day.....and that Chevy and Cammi are behaving.

Lilli

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

He is adorable.

• illinoislady
    edited September 2013

Thank you Mary....he is a Pomeranian....they are decended, believe it or nor from Chows.  Boss ( as I think most Poms  do ) follows me around everywhere.....they only want to be with you mainly.  In the Bathroom, in the Kitchen, in your lap if you sit down.  Now and then its tiresome but the loyalty is outstanding so I forgive.  In summer we keep his hair very short...they are double coated....so he gets very hot even though he is just a 11 lb. dog. 

Lilli

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Oh Lilli u'r firbaby is beautiful, and wants so much love--how sweet I would love tt.. I'm lucky my Katie-Kat is a cuddler but not like that

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013

I love fur babies but had some bad juju with poms as a child. Yours looks like a sweety pie!

Well Doc now thinks the dizzy and nausea is Gerd caused by being nauseous for so long. Probably brought on by stress from the activities of the last month. Put me on Prilosec for 2 weeks.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Gerd??? Hmmmm Well try what he says and see what happens.

• illinoislady
    edited September 2013

GMA -- my dh has that.  What you eat affects it, but a major part of his se's were the lightheadedness he could have ( usually in the afternoon ) and the skipped heartbeats and he felt exhausted a lot of the time.    He was put on Omeprezole daily.  I think it is the generic form of Prilosec.  We get his at WalMarts and it is not too costly there. 

He has run out and not replaced it ( men, they get mule-headed about things ) thinking since he felt better......he was better, only to find in a day or two that he had to go out and replace the medicine.  He seems to do fine as long as he keeps on taking the medicine....which is why I think at his age 74 it really is going to be something he will do for the rest of his life. 

Lilli

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Lili Interesting, I have gerd, but I've never noticed dizzyness. but then again I'm on so mny meds who knows what makes me dizzy, so I would no associate being dizzy with that, but I'had it before they called it Gerd hahaha so I probably didn't pay attention that much. I hope this will solve u'r problem GMA.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2013

Today I had a much needed day of respite - staying home alone cleaning my house from top to bottom. I have not seen it so messy and dirty in years and years, since my son was a baby

The past 5 days DH's pain has been out of control - not his baseline neuropathic pain, which is managed with narcotics, but severe, unrelenting nerve pain from recent  fracture and surgery. I think the last 5 days he took so much pain medication he was not functioning rationally - then started in on alcohol in desperation.  I didn't realize about the alcohol -  I was feeding, bathing and trying to do comfort measures, after a few days Of worsening I toook him to the ER. En toute I finally got telephone contact with his excellent pain mgt MD, and she said ER was appropriate.  The next day at follow-up we learned that in the  ER his alcohol blood level was very high, and he could easily have had respiratory arrest. He was admitted for pain mgt, and his team is trying to come up with a plan - worried about prescribing opioids with alcohol use -  he could die. He's still in pain, but said I should get some rest today.  His baseline pain is gone but surgical site pain is still bad. I'm at home cleaning, resting and on the phone with the VA to see if there is a residential treatment program that can care for him until his pain is figured out. I told him to ask for a nerve block.

So that's what happened. I've been living with his poor health for so many years - it's too hard for me to abandon someone I love dearly. A new friend, BC survivor, goes to this great Al-Anon mtg at the beach - so I'm going with her this weekend. Since this thread is on the internet, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable, and may edit this post after a couple of days.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

Shells

Would an implanted pain pump help? Or how about a spinal cord stim? I'm just grasping at straws here, don't know where his pain originates. Have heard good things about both.

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

He's on a pain pump in the hospital. 

Teka - I hear you..feeling very guarded right now. Just did some editing. 

photo ec57209f-93bd-499c-8b61-e6e31770d16b_zps5de42379.jpg

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Oh Shell I hope the plan they come up with helps him and u get thru all this. Having pain all the time sucks so bad and if u do drink yea I would think that would ve an easy fix in u'r head. So this has to be very difficu;t for him and u and u'r family. I'm glad u have soomeone to go to a meeting with to acclimate u'rself to something new. It might be a big help for u. I hope so. And u so deservea day to do whatever u have or want to do. I hope things settle down quicker than u thought it would for u'r calmness. 

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Thanks Camette, today was very soothing. Nothing like scrubbing a floor to get one's house in order!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited September 2013

Just want to say what a great group of ladies you all are! Hope today is a good day for everybody.

Good morning GmaFoley! Been up all night working. Going to bed now :0)>

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

Four-hope you have a pleasant sleep.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Thanks fellow night owl! You too :0)

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

U guys were up late? What do u do Lynn--do u work from home or have u told us and I forgot, I;m sorry.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

I do catering. Cooking spaghetti for 150 for tonights PTA meeting and making 250 cookies for boxed lunches HS band is having on Saturday. I am really a cake decorator. Do all that fancy schmancy European stuff too. But I got a really good deal on a hole in the wall store front a few years ago and do the lunches and stuff now too. It is not gonna send the kids to college but it keeps me off the streets. Well sort of :0)

I have a second kitchen at home so I can work here at night. Just don't tell the man!

It was nice last night feeling like things were kind of normal for a change! Not even feeling too tired today.

Oh and I flog on the side :0)>

Just kidding but most days lately it sounds like a great stress reliever!

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Still awake at 1:30 am - just saw a scary as shit movie on HBO - Asylum Blackout - DON'T WATCH IT. It is the scariest most gross movie ever. I hope I get to sleep tonight!

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

One time, out of desperation, I went to this meeting place....  It was supposed to be Alanon....  Well when I got in the room, all these men/guys were sitting around this huge table...

So I just sat down, and listened....  I wondered why there were NO women in there!  So when the first guy opened his mouth and said, "Hi, my name is Dave, and I'm an Alcoholic..."..... Everyone greeted him, and I just sat there, trying to act insignificant.  Foot in Mouth

By the time they all introduced themselves, and got around to me, I just said  "Hi you guys!  I'm not an alcoholic, and I was trying to find the Alanon meeting"....!  They all just laughed, and directed me to go down the hall into another room.... They SAID I could stay if I would like to, that they would be a lot more fun than those WOmen down there....!  Wink  But I just excused myself and turned tail and beat feet as fast as I could.

And the Alanon meeting  was probably good, but I came away thinking that those women had a much worse life than I did....   Even the classes for "Abused" women were just hard to sit through. 

I think learning to feel more compassion and empathy for someone who is going through that rough time, can get it all started again.   You can find so much help from your friends, and listening in a Church...  And maybe talking or asking for help and guidance.  Sometimes the ones that are hurting so much, will learn to accept your love  and quit rebelling their life.....  I don't know if it is possible through "our" efforts to "change" their lifelong patterns, but you can find forgiveness is so calming, and it opens doors to let those old feelings come back again.

When you look back on these troubles, it's like you can see what worked, and what you did to help.... it's like you DID Let Go and Let God.

But when you are going through all this.... You are not alone.  You have to watch out for others in your family also.  They don't need to know everything you are going through.   Just what will help BOTH of you.   There is always someone to talk to, even in the middle of the night... Or even one of us....! 

Sometimes you have to make choices.... both for you AND them....  and you can only hope and pray that it's the best or only choice.

So okay.... not that I have a CLUE of what I am talking about....Wink But that's why we're here....  to maybe help someone else through what we've been through before.

And Cammi!  I DIDn't steal their baby!  Ha, ha!  Little Ellie slept until Mama came home!   I listened to the Chickens though!  Man, they make a LOT of noise!  I thought it was kids playing in the alley, but it was just them quacking... oh wait, that's ducks...  They must be clucking? to each other!

Another trip to the Dentist garage, for a re-alignment... or re-lining or whatever.....   If that Dentist wasn't so cute, I would stay home...Ha!  JUST kidding!    No, he really is!  Hell, at my age, I can say ANYthing.... and no-one listens.

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

This song gives me so much "Peace".... It takes me back to a time when things weren't going so good... And just listening and feeling what you went through, makes you so thankful that you came through it all... both of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwGvfdtI2c0&feature=related

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013