Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited September 2013

Shell,

Glad the kitty pic made you and hubby smile.  Really good news that he is home and doing great.  Pain can do weird things and the meds for them too.  It's wonderful that they figured out what was happening and got him sorted out.  Sounds like your week is off to a perfect start and your job will be too!

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Hey Sas!  Have fun today.  I love watching stuff like that too!  Glad you are out and about, felling better.

Cami, Cami, Cami,  what are we going to do with you?

Northwest Ladies!  Great pic.  Looks like you all had a great time even with the yucky weather!

Morning Chevy!

Gotta run, my superiors are waiting on a report! (actually i gotta have a shower.  I'm off to catch the rads train today.  First zap at 2.  Really gonna kill that gasoline budget going everyday.  But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!)

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

4, thanks for the laugh this morning. Even dh laughed at that one. Well off to another day on the office, (chemo) hope this week is better than last. Am going to ask about something for tiredeness? Ritalin maybe? Quality of life sucks right now. I just want to sleep... Loved your picture from the get together, now I can put faces to those names.Flowers its good to hear from you. Yay on your new place and all your health stuff.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Mornin Mary,  Good Luck today.  Hopefully this round will go better at the "bar".  The first is the worst when your system says WTF?  This time maybe it will just say "oh, it's this chit again!"  Take care!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited September 2013

Hello everyone! I'm feeling good. Know why? Its my week off chemo.

Mary- I was hoping that by the fifth day after chemo you would be feeling a little better. That's when I start to feel more like myself.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Yeah for a week off from chemo!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

4 Thanks, hoping they'll let me watch. Then I'll really know how it's done :)  Leaving post to you on OMG

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Veggy have a GOOD week. Playtime?

Spookie can't fit in a visit this trip to Tampa, but will try when I pick up the chair :)

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Yay for Veggy. Yep Saturday I started feeling a little better but still tired all the time. I just dont know how Im going to do this for 6 weeks straight without some kind of help.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

You can do it Mary!  And if you sleep a lot for 6 weeks but it kick's this crap in the a$$, so be it!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

Sas I knew you were psychic!!! Yes, please call next time in tampa we can get together!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,280
    edited September 2013

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,280
    edited September 2013

Made the other poster a little too small.

Lilli

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

Morning ladies.  :)  I am just getting ready to go talk to the bosses and give them my "I'm retiring" letter.  I is nervous.

On another note - it was great meeting the ladies who braved the storm (and it was a WICKED storm) and met up in Olympia!!  Still storming today, but not nearly to the same level. 

OK.  Off to the races.....

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Great meeting you G.G.! Did you get your house painting done?

Good luck in your retiring letter to the boss  Surprised

Our garage did not flood, (we diverted the "river" of water coming down the hill away from the house. Our 2 skylight did not leak, but my fireplace "rains" when we get rain as heavy as it was.

Sas...I did not organize the get together, but told the ladies I would be in light purple, with purple glasses, and purple party beads.....they all got to pick party beads out of my 2 red heart silicone cupcake pans on my arrival.

Insurance....the actual implants not paid for Medi ("care"...that don't give a chit)....told not to worry by billing...

PS was audited by medicare and the fire marshall....surgery center must be in separate building....cannot see patients in the same building....so now he is in a different office, walking across a parking lot....but does surgery in his & partner's surgery center....they are in the process of remodeling.  Probably have to cut the building in half to appease everyone.

Hospital & BS both in the process of being appealed and hospital called me on Thursday, saw her on Friday....the hospital auditor (woman) of the hospital billing,  is appealing & is taking on my case she said....uh ...uh..... I am taking on your case personally....uh ....uh.... "because"....(she was holding her tongue by her body language) (don't know if she had BC or relative...but this is the impression I got)...she needed a copy of letter from my BS and also gave her a copy of letter from my PCP....she and a RN will be working on it.   She needed something else so will deliver today.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Sassy, this is the place!  http://www.icentre.com/23ave/dcustom.html

Maybe he can give you more information as to what you are looking for.... 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

4, I've heard that the American Cancer Society sometimes gives gas cards for people driving a distance to treatment. Might be worth a phone call.

• veggy
    edited September 2013

Our Cancer Society stopped the gas cards. Cry

• ThePowerOfPink
    ThePowerOfPink Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2013

what a great thread to find. wow is all I have to say about so many of these STFU moments. Nice to know we are not alone. I have many of these moments even unrelated to the silly cancer comments.  I really have little tolerance for people complaining of petty things.  Im working on that. I try to remind myself that other complaints i hear about life are just where that person is at on their journey. But I have to excuse myself quite often to stay in check. Does anybody else have trouble with this? I also have a difficult time being around negative people. It is especially hard when it is family and you love them and want to spend quality time with but the STFU troll keeps popping her head up.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Thanks Wren!

Welcome Power!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Oh?  A new kid on the block?  Yay!   The older you get Power, the easier it is to tell people what you REALLY think!  Ha!  They should NOT be rude to you, or we will come give them "what for!"  And they will be sorry!  Wink 

We just don't tolerate rude, obnoxious, self-centered negative people!  Oh wait!  That covers most of us....Ha, ha!  JUST kidding!  

My advice, just stay away from the family that says stupid things....  She seems to think it is alright to SAY anything to you!  And she needs to be taught a lesson.

• veggy
    edited September 2013

How about the relatives that ignore you? I've had it with them. I might be related to them but they are not my family. I have 2 uncles and some cousins who I am sick and tired dealing with.

An uncle and his wife will be celebrating teir 50th anniversary soon. Their son and daughter in law are hosting it. Guess who didn't get an invitation. They have plenty of friends invited. My mother told me today that she isn't going and that is her brother. I don't know wether to be happy or upset.

I love my friends that I consider family. They take care of me. Sorry for venting but I needed to.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Hi everyone---I didn't realize I missed so much here.

Flowers u sound gret and with good reason, I hope u and NED never part and finally u can have u'r alone time. It's all good.

Sas U find the most interest interests--it's wonderful.

Welcome Power---I have to agree with Chevy--(which is a rarity) hahaha--the older u get the filter doesn't work as well and u pretty mch say what's needed to be said. I hope u come back and tell us about u'rself.

Veggy I'm glad u have a week off so u can recoup somewhat, and Mary I'm sorry u'r at it again, but rest whenever u need it and don't forget u'r water--I'm sorry u 2 are going thru this. When I first started chemo, I worked for the first 4 months and I thought it was horrible, then the further I got into more and different kinds I thought I want the first again, and they just got worse and worse but it did the job, so I kind of understand wht u'r going thru, I remember just thinking  have to get more water and had to walk to the kitchen and thought I'd never make it. hahaha So it's a rough time but if this does the job, u have to do it.

Chevy oh I forgot u'r going to bed already--u get up when the cock crows---I'm so bad.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

hey Chevy,

I caught him for you!  Now you can get some sleep Tongue Out

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

Hi all I am back in Kiwiland. Too tired to look for funnies right now.

Big hugs to everyone.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013

Alyson, Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound.

• ThePowerOfPink
    edited October 2013

You ladies crack me up. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.  I had a surprise visitor today that took me offline.  My sweet Nephew came by.  We had a wonderful time together just the two of us. I love the greater appreciation of time we have now.

I will work on removing my filter from time to time. lol

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Welcome Power==enjoy whatever u can and whenever u can.

It's a good bunch of women here and sillyness, but alot of care when needed So hope u come back and tell us about u'r self.

• ThePowerOfPink
    edited October 2013

Ok Ladies,

Here we go. I am 44. I was diagnosed in December 2008. January I has my mastectomy and started chemo in February. Two days after my first does of carboplatin/taxotere cocktail I was in the hospital for a week and they didn't think I would make it. Apparently I am sensitive to chemo toxins and carboplatin in particular. lmao - who isnt? So I continued my treatment without that one ingredient and did herceptin for 12 months and tamoxifin for a year. Then I was sent off to live my life and asked to let them know if I feel bad. Are you kidding me I thought? I felt I was at my prime at 39 and felt fantastic with invasive breast cancer. What a joke I thought. So off I went to live my life. Fast forward a little bit now. I ended up not feeling well in the fall of 2011 (I think - could have been 2010) dates are hard to remember.  I am sure many of you can relate to the many voids we have in our memories.  Especially when we are really sick and at our low points.  Anyway, had a ct of my chest done by my pcp because of me not feeling well. And lookie here we got the call to come in to talk about my ct results.  That we know is never a good sign. So I made my appointment to head back up to Houston to my Onc at MDA and had the world wind 4 days of tests and scans. Oh and they thru in a spinal tap just before our 5 hour drive back home. So this is when I learned the good news that i most likely didn't have brain mets. But I did have lung, liver and bone mets.  Sign. So off to get a second opinion on treatment options and ended up with a new Onc.  Best decision I have made. So after some new chemo and dosage adjustments and a few hospital stays my tumor markers started to go down.  I know they don't work as a measuring tool for all but for me they do. (luckily) My numbers just dropped and dropped and dropped. From almost 9000 down to 300. Last May to my Onc surprise my liver and lung mets all disappeared and most of my bone mets.  And when I say bone mets I mean from my skull to my knees.  Now I just have the in my hips and spine. That chemo I was on then was Xeloda. It stopped working in January this year and the damn cancer decided in wanted in to both of my ovaries.  Well those are gone now and my new chemo is Kadcyla. Doing ok on this just different side effect every three weeks.  Just nuts.  I am looking forward to finding my new normal. Any frickin day now would be good. That is a little more about me lol xoxo

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Holy Chit Power what a ride u've had and are still having.  I'm so sorry for all that u have to go thru from this rotten disease. It's horrible amd u'r so young to go thru this. Not that there is a good age but I think u know what I mean. U can rant, yell anything u want here--u'r safe with us and we'll help u anyway we can. There are a few stage IV's here and it's not easy and a couple are going thru xeloda now, so that might be a good thing for them to read. Listen when U find u'r new normal patton it cuz we all want it. Every couple of months it changes around here. So don't let any of the crazy people )OK I'm one of them) scare u away. We're just simple folk here LOL