Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

I saw too where the MODS are answering questions about the changes and it is in testing and they are fixing the quirks. Hopefully they will get it all sorted out soon. I am typing right now and my curser is moving but no words show up until I his preview. Weird!! Everything in the box was blank until I preview and then I can see the words. And the font size is different.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013
    Hi Hoolies--
    OK everyone figure everything out, then teach me the easiest way...remember I don't learn easily. In fact I usually don't learn, so get all the bugs out first. Every single one of them How's that for being assertive. I'm going to rest awhie now-hahaha like I don't rest enuff.
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

Morning all.

Well it is Monday here.

imageWell that worked by clicking browse then going into my stored images and clicking on the picture. Now will try the link thing.

image That worked as well.

Find you image on the web, click on it to get image location, open little box here, click link and paste image location in box.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited October 2013

I asked Vegette about probiotics. I'm not very happy about the UTI / Cipro / side effect scenario - not very knowledgeable about resistant UTI during chemo. Girl - I'm so happy you had a girl's night out.

Did a garage sale at a friend's house yesterday - of a houseful of junk I cleared out. I need to stop ragging about the hole DH's hospitalization made in my schedule the week before new job - but I've been paying the price. Finally got my hair colored and mani-pedi in the afternoon for HS reunion, then went home and slept for 10 hrs, so feeling pretty good. Will need to work all day to clean up the detritus, fix lunches for next week (no decent cafeteria on site and no time to drive during 30 minute lunch break). It will be easier when I'm on the road.

I think I'm already starting to stick out a little on the job. Trying to keep a low profile and be humble, but it seems they think I'm special. I want to be a regular RN, not even telling people about my NP training. Was chatting with this really cool hospice RN about opioid tolerance in pain management and I shared something I learned with him - boss came up and he (RN) said to her- wow - she knows a lot! I got embarrassed and back pedaled and he said "don't discount your knowledge."

OK - so this is the scoop - I have always been bright and vocal - and it intimidates the hell of out of some people, and it has caused me a fair amount of discomfort in the workplace. I don't want to go there...just want to be humble. Normally love to engage in stimulating discussions about symptom management, especially after studying a topic, but need to be careful. Some people get irritated, so I think I need to just STFU. It's for the best - this job is really important to me - want to start off on the right foot. The culture here in Hawaii is very different, especially for a non-local person raised on the mainland. I'm hired as a union RN, not a NP, and need to learn the basics of Palliative Care first. Please pray for me, that I listen more and talk less.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

Okay Alyson.... I even tried to copy YOUR picture, as well as from Google Images, and it will NOT paste onto here... And when I try and submit, I get a pink box that says...

"There were problems with this submission. Please correct the following information:

• Please enter content in the body of your Post."
    • So I can post this, but with no pictures, and no spellll chick, no waveyy red lineee... nothings... (See?) It just lets me say whatever I type... just like Cammi....Ha!
    • But I have told the Mods all about this...
    • I have a Dell desktop, using AOL, and none of this happened before all of the changes....... :)

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013

Shells, It is tough to hide your light under a basket. Just remember "scope of practice" that should help keep the RN/ NP separate and you out of trouble. I'm glad your job is interesting. Safe travels later this week.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2013

I just want my smileys back... Went to church today, it was their 40th reunion, dh mother started the church. Not too many people left anymore, ds and fdil and younger ds also came, so it was fun. Younger dh let the minister drive his new Camaro, then older ds drove it and peeled out of the parking lot doing 50. He'll never grow up. Count down is on, Wedding is Nov. 9th. Shes very excited...

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2013

I hope that whatever is going on I'll be able to post pics from my phone. I never use the big 'puter.

But my phone DOES have

• shellshine
    edited October 2013

Had an STFU moment today - my first since BC diagnosis!

I was at the Mall at a special Jazzercise program for Breast Cancer awareness and to support American Cancer Society - who do a lot for people with cancer in Hawaii. There were about 50 of us doing a one hour Jazzercise class in the center stage area. One of my classmates said " How come you're not wearing pink?, " and I said "Some BC survivors aren't into pink - they say it's more appropriate for little girls, and that we BC survivors are Warrior Women, so red is actually a better color for us." I do it in solidarity for my sisters who feel that way. She said, "Oh, give me a break." I DID NOT say STFU !!

I said, "At least I'm here - in more ways than one." Discussion ended.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

Ah geez Shell.... Don't go gettin into any kind of fray with those know it alls! Some like pink, and some like red or whatever....

It's so crappy trying to post, when my typing is a lot faster, than what shows up, and I canNOT post pictures from ANYwhere like I used to, and there IS no spell check on MY tool bar, nor any Smiley's Mary!

Someone must have wanted something "fixed" so they changed everything, but my computer is rebelling! I can copy and paste ANYthing onto an email, with AOL, same as always, just not here...

Also, I just copied one of your pictures Alyson, and your whole post Shells, and pasted it all here, and it showed up, but when I hit "preview" it was gone!

POOF! It is mind boggling... or is it boggleing? Who knows without spell-check?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited October 2013

Ladies, My niece needs our prayers, she is mentally handicapped.. I asked for prayers for my sister that was in chemo just recently and is doing ok in radiation now, but I just got this email from her about her daughter "M" My sister's DH will be known as "R"

"I don't know if I told you that M is back in the hospital. My doctor said I could go see her at the nursing home, but to distance myself from the sick people. As soon as I saw her, I knew something was not right. She was unable to control her hands and her eyes were distant and breathing labored. R and I talked with the doctor who was there. M oxygen was really low and her heart rate 144. M was admitted to the hospital and treated for pneumonia. The oxygen went up, but she was not expelling the carbon dioxide. They put a ventilator to help her breath (I am not really set on this idea, but since R was going to see her and he wanted it, I said okay for a short period). The next day, the doctor called me to discus M's periods, which her periods are heavy because her blood count was very low. They did a cat scan to make sure she was not bleeding internal, and in the meantime, they did a transfusion. The cat scan showed a large mass in her abdomen at least a foot in diameter. Later did a ultrasound and believe it is a cyst on the ovary and there are quite a few smaller ones. The OB/GYN team do not want to do anything until M's fever is down. A couple of days ago, the doctor told R that he noticed that her Thyroid is enlarged and that is what is blocking off her airway. They will be doing a biopsy the beginning of this week.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2013

Prayers to you and yours Gma. Chevy, my spellcheck works now, where it didn't before.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2013

something is wrong with this website.......keeps disappearing....yesterday all day some of the threads had no activity.."now that is not normal.....finally stfu came up with a post.......come on Mods......this is nuts, snd very annoying....

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited October 2013
    Foley sorry about your niece. Prayers. sassy
  • duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2013

gma.......prayers.......

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

Big Hugs for your Niece Gma

• shellshine
    edited October 2013

Well, this website is a blessing, but it is growing and growing and it feels like they are trying to make upgrades. It would be good to send out an explanation on what work they are doing, as we all have grown to depend on this great venue so much.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited October 2013
    GMA My heart and prayers are with you and yours.
  • wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited October 2013

GMA, Sending healing thoughts and loving kindness to your niece and her family (also you).

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited October 2013

Hi kids.... back from my cruise for my CruiseOne National Conference... it was fabulous as usual....it will take me a few days to catch up ... you girls have been busy busy busy......

Need your help... our CEO of CruiseOne gave us a challenge to meet before October 31, 2013.... to add at least 100 names to our email database on our personal websites.....so if you have an email.... would you please consider adding it to my website www.TravelByDana.com (right side of page in a green block it will ask for your email and zip code for exclusive offers and discounts)...I would really appreciate any help with this challenge!

Talk to you all soon after I do about 100 loads of laundry!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,279
    edited October 2013
    Stopping in to say hi. I'm four pages behind with no tool bar.....so due to not being able to fix sizing problems.....nor spell check.....for now, it is just hi. Hope you are all doing of and if there are issues or problems that they are quite minimal.

Lilli
  • gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2013

Chicky - I signed up. :) Good luck with the 100 emails.

• gardengumby
    edited October 2013

Lilli - what browser are you using? If you are on IE, then go to Tools and turn off Compatibility View. If you have it on, there is no tool bar, I've tested it with IE 9. If you are using a different browser, I'll try to test whichever one you are running. If you want to PM me, I'll try to give you more exact info.

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

Thanks Miss GG

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited October 2013

Chicky - good to have you back. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I signed up, too.

I was off for a couple of days. I hope everyone who feels bad feels better soon.

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

Thanks Miss Savgigi ....I appreciate everyones support!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2013

iwthiswrongwiththissitenoformattingspacesoerpunctuatuionarrrrgggghhhhhh

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,279
    edited October 2013

Thanks GG...........a whole bunch. I checked about IE and made it the default and then changed the capability settings. I seem to be back in business now. Oh joy.

Sinking into a bit of despair. I'm sure I'm back just the way I was......don't know how all my settings jot jimmied and didn't think to check.

Jackie

• gardengumby
    edited October 2013

Jackie/Lilly what is the matter? Please pm me

I spent all last night crying so can relate well to despair at times.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013

miss phyllobeengonetoolong, good to hear from you